ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Based on the outcome of this game, how real are these Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276437)

Sorter 09-19-2013 09:39 AM

Still probably too early to make a determination. The Bills a few years back and the Bears last year come to mind (although teh Bares had their QB injured).

philfree 09-19-2013 09:41 AM

What ever happens tonight won't change the fact that this team is a work in progress. If we win and progress continues then we should end up with a pretty good team before the years up.

RealSNR 09-19-2013 09:43 AM

1. We have huge dicks

2. Still pretty damn good... absolutely a playoff contender

3. Ehh... lot of football left to be played. We'll be fine.

4. WE'RE DOOMED

HemiEd 09-19-2013 09:52 AM

If the Chiefs win this prime time road game, no matter how they do it, they have made tremendous progress and are legitmate. That success is due to Andy Reid and his staff's leadership, without question.

If they get blown out, well that is on them as well, but I don't think that will happen to this team, the D is just so much better than that.

So far, the 2013 Chiefs are exactly what Clark was hoping for since he took over the team. The fans are solidly behind the team and they are a team to be proud of. Arrowhead is rocking and life is good.

Thig Lyfe 09-19-2013 10:04 AM

TOO REAL!!!

BlackHelicopters 09-19-2013 10:11 AM

If we win at Philly, I will believe in this team. Winning at JAX and having Dallas give us a game with ineptness are not convincing. Road game. National audience. We shall see.

Buehler445 09-19-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9992891)
Assume the following scenarios:

1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles.

The Chiefs are pretty ****ing good. 3-0 is hard for any team, but they will have beaten a tough team at home and a tough team on the road with a short week. That's ****ing legit. At least at this point in the season.

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win.

They can still be pretty real. Short week, East Coast. It's tough. Certainly nothing to burn the barn down over.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose. If we get something done and look legit, that same effort won't work in December. We have to get better, just like everyone else.

This is what I'm expecting. And they can still be pretty real at this point. The difference between 2-3 is not much.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles.

Not very real. 6-10. While that is still a long way away from the goddamned mother****ing horseshit we've had stuffed down our throats since DV left, it still is a long way away from anything respectable. Now, if it's a close game late, and we start swinging for the fences in an attempt to win and throw a bunch of pick 6's or something else to get it out of hand, I'll take that. I'll take trying to win and failing over "oh, we're down 2 scores, I'll just run the clock out because I'm a giant gaping vagina" bullshit we've had. If we're down 2 scores in the fourth and play to win, I'll be a lot happier than packing it in. If though, we get curb stomped, we're a bad ****ing team.

In any of these four scenarios, what would your assessment be of how good this Chiefs team is?

Bolded.

Keep in mind, though that those assessments are of the current situation. In order to stay legit, we have improve as a team at a rate of gain equal to or greater than the other legit teams.

ReynardMuldrake 09-19-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 9992972)
What is his injury? Just went and checked and found nothing about him being out, or even questionable.

I saw someone mention something on an Eagles board about Vick dealing with a nagging groin injury. Huge grain of salt though.

Mr. Laz 09-19-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9992895)
KC is only as good as how far their QB can take them.

blah,blah,blah,blah ... cheap answer

QB is the most important position on any NFL team but our offense line is the area where we are sucking.

people around here are afraid to say it, but it's true.

Alex Smith has missed several throw while on the move, which is a problem
WR's need to win more frequently and consistently
Oline needs to stop being stank ass

I want to see the Offense improve in these areas against the eagles. If it does then i think our defense will be fine.

Red Brooklyn 09-19-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9992968)
1. The Chiefs go into Philly and land a solid knock out victory over the Eagles.
Impressive. We are a playoff team and could make life interesting for the Broncos.

2. The Chiefs play less-bad than the Eagles and eke out an ugly win.
Still impressive. You rack up wins on the road in tough environments, you'll be in the playoff hunt.

3. The Chiefs play hard but can't keep up and lose.
A reality check that we're probably a middle-caliber team, but I don't over-react too much due to the short week/unique opponent.

4. The Chiefs are totally decimated by the Eagles.
Disappointed. I would expect us to be competitive in most of our games this year, but I'll hope that the extra rest and coming home will help us rebound and get to 3-1.

Totally agree. Nice post.

Sandy Vagina 09-19-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9993076)
What ever happens tonight won't change the fact that this team is a work in progress.

THIS

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9993246)

QB is the most important position on any NFL team but our offense line is the area where we are sucking.
TRUTH!

Alex Smith has missed several throw while on the move, which is a problem
WR's need to win more frequently and consistently
Oline needs to stop being stank ass

I want to see the Offense improve in these areas against the eagles. If it does then i think our defense will be fine.

Name those throws? (I can think of maybe 2)

Mav 09-19-2013 11:25 AM

This game given the travel and short week. means absolutely NOTHING.

Although, if they lose, the haters and malcontents wont care. Just Alex sucks. A real qb could of won.

Even though Tom Brady, one of the 5 best qbs of all time, needed a choke job of monumental proportions from a rookie qb,, AT HOME to win last week.

Alex needs to overcome all of that.

Mr. Laz 09-19-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9993265)
THIS

Name those throws? (I can think of maybe 2)

since plays don't have names it's pretty hard to do that

a couple of roll out passes were off the mark

a couple of scramble dump-off passes were off the mark

Mav 09-19-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9993292)

Its true. he did miss some pretty easy passes vs the Cowboys.

Sandy Vagina 09-19-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9993292)

can remember 2 rollouts missing... one was like a 10-15 yard comeback to a WR at the sideline.. the other was to Fasano on an out (I think)...

can't recall any scramble dump-offs missed... one to the RB Gray on 3rd and long was 1 handed and really, the RB should easily have adjusted better to it.. :hmmm: