ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Top 3 most obnoxious fan bases (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277868)

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-24-2013 11:11 AM

Never really encountered a Steelers fan aside from the generic fairweathers. What makes them so insufferable?

blaise 10-24-2013 11:15 AM

I lived in Central PA for three years and Steeler fan was pretty bad. They just sort of assume everyone recognizes they're the greatest. Like, "You other teams are cute, but everyone knows we're the best."

But I wouldn't say they approach Jet fans. Jet fan acts like his team has won 5 Super Bowls if they even get a .500 record.

I think Cowboy fans outside of Dallas are worse than Cowboy fans in DFW. Here in DFW they don't seem to really be that emotional about them. But when I lived in Houston they'd always call shows and go, "Got rings?" and stuff like that.

DanBecky 10-24-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10119369)
1,2,3 kentucky basketball fans

Bingo

BlackHelicopters 10-24-2013 11:42 AM

Those folks who are into KU basketball are fairly obnoxious

Amnorix 10-24-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10119547)
Oakland has a shitty fanbase in one sport. Massholes pollute every ****ing sport and spread like MRSA. They're a bunch of fairweather, navel-gazing, ignorant, spoiled shitbags.

Says one of the most self-righteous, know-it-all, arrogant blowhards on CP...

:p

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-24-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10119643)
Says one of the most self-righteous, know-it-all, arrogant blowhards on CP...

:p

When I head over to Patriots Planet and start lecturing all of you on how one of the worst GMs in NFL history is operating at a level you plebians aren't intelligent enough to understand, please let me know.

Until then, you and pink hat nation can stuff the broken twigs of the Tom Brady tree up your sphinctahs.

gblowfish 10-24-2013 11:50 AM

NFL: Oakland, Dallas, Denver.
MLB: NY Yankees, St. Louis, Chicago White Sox
College Football: Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame
College Basketball: Kansas, Kansas, Kansas.

Brock 10-24-2013 11:50 AM

Oregon

Brock 10-24-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10119651)
NFL: Oakland, Dallas, Denver.
MLB: NY Yankees, St. Louis, Chicago White Sox
College Football: Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame
College Basketball: Kansas, Kansas, Kansas.

Butthurt, butthurt, butthurt

Pablo 10-24-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10119654)
Oregon

True. This is a bandwagon fan base full of pole smokers.

Chief Roundup 10-24-2013 11:55 AM

Chicago Cubs, Kansas, San Francisco

gblowfish 10-24-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10119656)
Butthurt, butthurt, butthurt

Duke comes in fourth....

Bugeater 10-24-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 10119377)
I'm pretty sure Husker fans beat all three.

I saw that, asshole.

rico 10-24-2013 12:00 PM

I had a difficult time voting in this poll for the simple reason being that there isn't a "Chicago" option.

Yeah, I hate Denver. Yeah, I hate Oakland. Sandy Eggo...meh, yeah...whatever.

But the Chicago Cubs???? Their fans are the ****ing WORST!!! They are delusional, obnoxious, repulsive and deserve every bit of failure that they've endured over the years. The Cubs and their despicable fan base literally are the reasons I am a Chiefs fan today...because my dad (a die-hard Cardinal fan) tried encouraging me to be a Bears fan and at like age 7 or 8, I caught on to the fact that the Bears fan base was pretty freaking similar to the Cubs fan base who I fought with and argued profusely with on a daily basis at recess. This is what prompted me to select my favorite team via looking at the back of a cereal box that had photos of every NFL team's logo/helmet...and by process of elimination, I became a Chiefs fan because I thought their logo/helmet was the coolest. At the end, it was between the Chiefs and Bengals.

I hate to say this because it is ridiculous... but when I meet someone and one of the first things I learn about them is that they are a Cub fan...I literally have a much, much more difficult time trying to force myself to even like them personally when compared to when I meet the usual Packers fan, Yankees fan or even Donk or Raider fan. I freaking hate them...

Roughly once every other day, my 2 year old daughter will look at me and say, "I HATE the Cubs, Daddy!!!" Now, "hate" shouldn't be encouraged when parenting a 2 year old (she'll be 3 in 2 weeks) in any way, shape or form...I am well-aware of that. But I can't help myself...I despise the Cubs so much, I resort to being a bad daddy and replying to these statements that come out of her mouth by saying coldly, "that's good. The Cubs stink."

My wife was a Cubs fan until we began dating. I seriously told her that she had to stop being a Cubs fan or else there was no way in hell things would work out between the two of us. She reluctantly agreed to jump ship, became a Cards fan and now she is just as much or more of a rabid Cardinals fan than I am.... and she's hot as hell.

Frosty 10-24-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10119654)
Oregon

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10119659)
True. This is a bandwagon fan base full of pole smokers.

You are two of my favorite people.