ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink ****Official Thanksgiving Menu Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278721)

Bugeater 11-22-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10204308)
It's always great cooking for people who are extremely picky. :banghead:

You might try an oyster stuffing without the celery/onions/peppers/shallots, or a mushroom stuffing if they don't count mushrooms as vegetables.

If that won't work for them, make them a bag of Pepperidge farm dressing and tell them to kiss your ass if they don't like it.

Bingo. When you're a guest in someone's home, you eat what they are serving.

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10212360)
Oven bag turkey!

You boil your ribs, too, don't you?

Buzz 11-22-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10212444)

I use the cooking bag, always makes for a moist bird?

lewdog 11-22-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10212444)

R8ers says it's the only way to go!

Bugeater 11-22-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10212457)
I use the cooking bag, always makes for a moist bird?

You'd better run. Run fast, run far. Run silent, run deep.

ciaomichael 11-22-2013 05:55 PM

Tentatively on the menu for us:

Ethiopian Duck

Cornbread and Sausage Stuffing

Mashed Potatoes w/ Gravy

Collard greens w/ neck bones

Also, we have an orange tree in our back yard with probably 300 oranges, just now ripening. So, we will pull off about 20 oranges, squeeze the juice, get some decent champagne and make mimosas for breakfast and during the cooking process.

We live in Charleston, South Carolina with some pretty good cuisine.

Katipan 11-22-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10204308)
It's always great cooking for people who are extremely picky. :banghead:

You might try an oyster stuffing without the celery/onions/peppers/shallots, or a mushroom stuffing if they don't count mushrooms as vegetables.

If that won't work for them, make them a bag of Pepperidge farm dressing and tell them to kiss your ass if they don't like it.

Oyster stuffing is sooooo beyond me (Sorry mommy) although I love it. I'm doing an apple/bacon stuffing and still telling them to kiss my ass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10204314)
Communists? Put some vodka in it.

I think my family bastes its turkey in Vodka. My first Thanksgiving with this family the police came and picked me up from dinner. Just for some drunk questioning about a bad bad man and I was home an hour later, but it's tradition here. Someone goes to jail for something. It's really not a big deal, it's like Andy Taylor arresting you and your mother bringing you dinner in the pokie, but still... Costs like $75 a night!

Buzz 11-22-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 10212469)
You'd better run. Run fast, run far. Run silent, run deep.

Flame away, my wife dosent cook, I take the easy way out. Never had any complaints.

Katipan 11-22-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10212489)
Flame away, my wife dosent cook, I take the easy way out. Never had any complaints.

I like the bags. I don't have to ever look at my turkey and they come out so juicy. Just tell them you have a big dick and they'll go away.

Buzz 11-22-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10212490)
I like the bags. I don't have to ever look at my turkey and they come out so juicy. Just tell them you have a big dick and they'll go away.

Don't think that will work on CP, everyone here is hung to their knees. :thumb:

cdcox 11-22-2013 06:40 PM

Post from last year, plus a few links to previous years.

Homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast

oven roasted turkey
sausage stuffing
mashed potatoes and gravy
sweet potatoes with little marshmallows
green beans with bacon and onions
cranberry sauce from the can, perfectly decanted to preserve the rings

Pumpkin pie with real whipped cream for dessert

I'll make the same jokes every year:

"Don't add much water to the stuffing or it won't be bone dry!" (reference to Woody on Cheers)

As I put the sausage in the stuffing: "Let me give you some sage advice"

"This pumpkin pie recipe has been in my family for years" (she brought the recipe to our marriage).

About halfway through cooking the turkey: "Honey, you want a bite of turkey?" Then she'll yell back "You'll get worms!".

Great holiday.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=9138449

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/archi.../t-152831.html

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/archi.../t-175094.html

cabletech94 11-22-2013 07:02 PM

I think my family bastes its turkey in Vodka. My first Thanksgiving with this family the police came and picked me up from dinner. Just for some drunk questioning about a bad bad man and I was home an hour later, but it's tradition here. Someone goes to jail for something. It's really not a big deal, it's like Andy Taylor arresting you and your mother bringing you dinner in the pokie, but still... Costs like $75 a night![/QUOTE]

omg!! i truly feel sorry for you. and i don't even know ya!:thumb:

Buzz 11-22-2013 07:43 PM

The family is going to my aunts house this year but I will cook a turkey just for leftovers. That said this is what we traditionally have;

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Broccoli rice casserole
Green bean casserole
Turkey and noodles (I'm making this)
Jello salad
Cranberry relish
Rolls
Desert - cherry pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, and several others?

Just Passin' By 11-22-2013 11:28 PM

I'm not positive yet, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to add bacon-wrapped scallops as one of my bring-alongs to the family Thanksgiving. It's such an easy item to make, and gets so much praise, that it's basically stealing compliments, but we haven't had them in a while and I like to have an option besides chips and dips for pre-meal snacking.

blaise 11-22-2013 11:47 PM

For the turkey I soak a cheesecloth in wine and butter overnight. Then the next morning I rub butter and herbs on the turkey and cover it with the cheesecloth.

Green bean casserole.

I think I'm making a mac and cheese side. And an apple cobbler for dessert, with ice cream. And I'll buy a pumpkin pie.