ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: My offseason plan. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279870)

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10305612)
If there is a QB on the board who has a reasonable shot to end up better than Alex Smith, you take him. If there's one with a projectable skill set, you still have to consider taking him.

If there is an absolute dearth at that spot for some reason, and you're left pondering the likes of a shitass like Carr, then take a WR, FS, or pass rusher.

Pretty much my feelings exactly.

If Carr is a first-round grade and slips to KC at 24, I can be excited with that, I guess. Just expecting him to get torn apart as the grading process goes on.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305619)
I think that KC would be a great spot to grab someone like Mettenberger.

Torn Acl. He could come in, sit back, not rush him back. Perfect scenario.

top 15 talent, at the later parts of the first.

Could be an Aaron Rodgers type steal.

I don't understand people's grading of Mettenberger. If I'm taking an ACL guy, I'm going with Aaron Murray. Talented QB who has been ruined by horrible coaching and a horrible system.

Mr_Tomahawk 12-23-2013 08:57 AM

Now I am pissed. This thread got my hopes up...

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 08:57 AM

And I think if KC takes a TE in the 1st, it's the Washington guy (Austin Sefarian-Jenkins). I know he's had some discipline issues, but the kid has the physical abilities you want out of a TE taken in Round 1.

Looks like WR might be the BPA at No. 24, so I'm sure they'll go that route.

Snapplez 12-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10305654)

If Carr is a first-round grade and slips to KC at 24, I can be excited with that, I guess. Just expecting him to get torn apart as the grading process goes on.

It's already started. All last offseason the talk was how great this years QB class was gonna be. Yesterday heard some talking head talk about how this years class gets weaker by the day cause none of the super duper best QB class ever really distinguished themselves this season.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10305655)
I don't understand people's grading of Mettenberger. If I'm taking an ACL guy, I'm going with Aaron Murray. Talented QB who has been ruined by horrible coaching and a horrible system.

Neither one would carry anything close to a first round grade.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10305688)
Neither one would carry anything close to a first round grade.

Of course not, but given the players in the bottom of the first, I don't think you have guys who are going to start right away anyway. I like using Alex as a bridge to patiently bring along the right QB and don't think injuries should keep us from doing that. And I would keep 4 QBs on the roster, even though I would argue that Chase Daniel brings nothing to the table, so we're screwed if we resort to him anyway.

duncan_idaho 12-23-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplez (Post 10305686)
It's already started. All last offseason the talk was how great this years QB class was gonna be. Yesterday heard some talking head talk about how this years class gets weaker by the day cause none of the super duper best QB class ever really distinguished themselves this season.

Yeah, I think I heard the same interview.

Carr is supposedly getting a top 5 grade right now, but we'll see how long that lasts.

I'm sure the kid will ace the "leadership" portion of his interviews/grading processes. If he does well on the whiteboard and the throwing skills hold up, I guess he could stay up there.

But some of the guys you heard about leading up the last draft - that were lock-stock "guarantees" to grade out better than Smith/Wilson/Glennon/etc - sure have disappointed. David Fales, Logan Thomas, Brett Hundley, etc.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-23-2013 09:30 AM

After noting that Manziel is not involved in your draft you lost all credibility with me !

Dave Lane 12-23-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10305558)
No way Alex is backed up by two QBs with one year of experience between them.

Daniels has 7 NFL passes. Carr is only those 7 behind him. And frankly couldn't be worse.

tredadda 12-23-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10305619)
I think that KC would be a great spot to grab someone like Mettenberger.

Torn Acl. He could come in, sit back, not rush him back. Perfect scenario.

top 15 talent, at the later parts of the first.

Could be an Aaron Rodgers type steal.

I would not mind him at all.......in round three or later. Our first needs to go to a position that nets us an immediate starter. Our biggest weaknesses right now are FS and WR. From what everyone here keeps saying is that there is no quality FSs that will be available when we pick, so I go with WR first. Get the best available WR or pass rusher if there is a good one that falls to us.

FloridaMan88 12-23-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 10305603)
It's people like you who would NEVER draft a QB. You should draft based on potential and coachability, not (what do this player do in his last college game) which is what most short sighted people remember.

You do realize that EVERY QB that has ever existed has not been perfect every game, right?

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning STILL have bad days.

It is people like you who base your entire analysis of a college QB on his stats, rather than looking at the competition he played against.

Have you watched Carr play a single game this year? I am guessing no.

If you watched Carr play during the season you would realize that he rarely throws deep downfield. The majority of his passes are short passes that go for big plays because the opposing defenses were playing off Carr's WR's by a significant margin.

Teams like Hawaii, Idaho, UNLV, Nevada, Wyoming, etc. have to play this prevent style defense because they lack defensive talent.

The first team Carr faced this season who had the talent to play his WR's man to man was USC and they shut him down until garbage time.

Do yourself a favor... go watch the QB you are drooling over before you make a bigger dumbass of yourself than you already have.

You look like an ignorant dumbshit.

chiefzilla1501 12-23-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 10305769)
I would not mind him at all.......in round three or later. Our first needs to go to a position that nets us an immediate starter. Our biggest weaknesses right now are FS and WR. From what everyone here keeps saying is that there is no quality FSs that will be available when we pick, so I go with WR first. Get the best available WR or pass rusher if there is a good one that falls to us.

If there's a QB available that we think projects into an NFL starter better than Alex Smith, you take him, even if your goal is to have him back up for a year or two.

FloridaMan88 12-23-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10305654)

Carr mastered the art of dinking and dunking in college.

He is Alex Smith.

tredadda 12-23-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10305775)
If there's a QB available that we think projects into an NFL starter better than Alex Smith, you take him, even if your goal is to have him back up for a year or two.

I think Mettenberger can be that guy. I just don't see us having to take him in the first. With his injury he should drop to the third at least.