ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pest's Offseason Plan (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280473)

Hoover 01-07-2014 11:47 PM

With the Packers drafting in front of us there is no way in hell we get Eric Ebron

Mav 01-07-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 10354523)
With the Packers drafting in front of us there is no way in hell we get Eric Ebron

They aren't drafting a tight end in the first round.

The need MLB, Safety, Corner.

They have Bostick and Quarless at tight end. A superb blocking tight end in Ryan Taylor.

I have heard some people say that. But, I think that HAHA is more of a lock there, than Ebron.

OldSchool 01-08-2014 03:44 AM

Ziggy Hood has been a bust in Pitt. Would be a big downgrade from Jackson/ Devito.

chiefzilla1501 01-08-2014 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10354303)
Agree.

His flexibility on offense and special teams provides a lot of options. Those options might not be "A or B", but he can find a spot all over the field. As well, as stated above, he's turned out to be a quality route runner with decent hands.

And I don't think he'll want exorbitant amounts of money.

I also like the concept of Riley Cooper as a free agent. Guy can catch a ball.

Do people think Cooper will be available? The Eagles relied on him a lot and despite his early season problems, the Eagles seem to really like him. I like Cooper too. One hesitation I do have is he doesn't solve our speed problem at receiver. Like McCluster, he's more of a possession receiver. It would still be nice to have both a vertical threat and a Welker type in the slot who can truly get the YAC we thought McCluster could get. My dream would be for McCluster to be more of a 4th receiver -- get him the good looks that Chad Hall was getting. Unlike Hall, McCluster will catch the ball.

Mav 01-08-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10354659)
Do people think Cooper will be available? The Eagles relied on him a lot and despite his early season problems, the Eagles seem to really like him. I like Cooper too. One hesitation I do have is he doesn't solve our speed problem at receiver. Like McCluster, he's more of a possession receiver. It would still be nice to have both a vertical threat and a Welker type in the slot who can truly get the YAC we thought McCluster could get. My dream would be for McCluster to be more of a 4th receiver -- get him the good looks that Chad Hall was getting. Unlike Hall, McCluster will catch the ball.

The eagles have to make a choice.

They have to decide of which receiver they are going to keep. Maclin, or Riley.

Cooper solves a huge problem. He runs excellent routes, understands the passing game, and will come cheaper than Maclin who is obviously more talented, although the injuries, and specifically the concussions seem to be mounting.

Maybe Aj Jenkins can fill the speed aspect, as could a tight end.

But, it sure would be nice to have someone like Cooper who is extremely reliable.

Kinda like a joe jurevicius.

Easy 6 01-08-2014 10:52 AM

I have my fingers crossed on Jenkins and Williams, hopefully atleast one of them pans out... my choice would be Jenkins based on his speed.

Mav 01-08-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10355106)
I have my fingers crossed on Jenkins and Williams, hopefully atleast one of them pans out... my choice would be Jenkins based on his speed.

I question Williams. They gave him no run despite the fact that him and Alex Smith had shown Chemistry before.

That shocked me. Especially as you stated, the speed part. Kyle Williams is every bit as fast as Aj Jenkins by the way. Just don't let him do any returns.

Easy 6 01-08-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10355108)
I question Williams. They gave him no run despite the fact that him and Alex Smith had shown Chemistry before.

That shocked me. Especially as you stated, the speed part. Kyle Williams is every bit as fast as Aj Jenkins by the way. Just don't let him do any returns.

Dont recall seeing him play much, but I thought it was the injury that pretty much doomed Williams this year?

Dude was here all of 1-2 weeks before he got hurt, not a good way to start off, thats for sure.

Mav 01-08-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10355113)
Dont recall seeing him play much, but I thought it was the injury that pretty much doomed Williams this year?

Dude was here all of 1-2 weeks before he got hurt, not a good way to start off, thats for sure.

Welllllll, that would explain that. I didn't even know he was injured. Whoops.

Well good. Rehab it up, hit camp, give the Chiefs a deep threat, and quality slot guy.

I like it. Always liked him, except when returning the football. Don't trust him as far as I could throw a dodge ram.

Easy 6 01-08-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10355126)
Welllllll, that would explain that. I didn't even know he was injured. Whoops.

Well good. Rehab it up, hit camp, give the Chiefs a deep threat, and quality slot guy.

I like it. Always liked him, except when returning the football. Don't trust him as far as I could throw a dodge ram.

Either one of those two rounding into form would be a gift, I dare not get my hopes up by wishing both of them would.

Frosty 01-08-2014 11:54 AM

I totally forgot that the Chiefs had picked up Williams. :doh!:

RunKC 01-08-2014 12:45 PM

If the Chiefs don't draft a WR early they are ****ing stupid. It's unreal how many talented WR's are in this class

Saccopoo 01-09-2014 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10355353)
If the Chiefs don't draft a WR early they are ****ing stupid. It's unreal how many talented WR's are in this class

Absolutely.

And I agree with Maverick in that Cooper would solve a huge problem in terms of having a big receiver who has the ability to run excellent routes with good hands.

Pick up Cooper and then draft someone like Odell Beckham, who looks to be damn near textbook in terms of a slot receiver.

Bowe
Cooper
Beckham
McCluster
Avery

That would shore up the position quite nicely.

warrior 01-09-2014 03:08 PM

Really like Beckham the guy is clutch

The Franchise 01-09-2014 03:16 PM

I'll be doing a different one here in the next couple of days. It will only include one ND player so it will probably go over better.