ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science These Beautiful Solar Orbs Are So Efficient They Even Harvest Moonlight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280649)

listopencil 01-13-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10368281)
Just guessing here, but it looks like it's pretty dark and someone is trying to take a picture. I'd just assume he was demonstrating the globe in darkness what would be too bright to see in light

Sure. Could be. I don't know enough about the characteristics of light as it passes through a transparent spherical medium to say, really.

J Diddy 01-13-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10368482)
Was it Uncle Jesse's moonshine recipe? Because that's messed up. He worked hard on that.

Daisy's song got mixed up with Boss Hog's illegal music pirating outfit.

Suffice to say shit really hit the fan.

listopencil 01-13-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 10368507)
Daisy's song got mixed up with Boss Hog's illegal music pirating outfit.

Suffice to say shit really hit the fan.

We owe a debt of gratitude to Catherine Bach. She gave us Daisy Dukes.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ec9c65924...28rmo1_500.jpg

Rasputin 01-13-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10368269)
It's The Schwartz!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...y/05430551.gif

J Diddy 01-13-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10368622)
We owe a debt of gratitude to Catherine Bach. She gave us Daisy Dukes.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ec9c65924...28rmo1_500.jpg

I did enjoy them.

saphojunkie 01-13-2014 11:07 PM

Whoa, somebody get that girl some makeup. Lotta shine going on, there.

listopencil 01-13-2014 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10368945)
Whoa, somebody get that girl some makeup. Lotta shine going on, there.

It's a reflection from the beautiful solar orbs.

BlackHelicopters 01-14-2014 09:08 AM

How much?

loochy 01-14-2014 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10368261)
Could that be just a focused reflection? I'm not knowledgeable enough in the mathematics of reflection/refraction to say.

It's just a focused refraction, yes.

Radar Chief 01-14-2014 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10368970)
It's a reflection from the beautiful solar orbs.

She had some glorious orbs back in the day too.

Beef Supreme 01-14-2014 09:28 AM

Solar tech is hard to market to normal people because normal people can't afford that shit.

listopencil 01-14-2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10369273)
It's just a focused refraction, yes.

Cool. I was hoping someone would weigh in.

Tombstone RJ 01-14-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 10369303)
Solar tech is hard to market to normal people because normal people can't afford that shit.

well yah, at least they can't afford a solar orb right now because the cost to bring the product to market is too high. But once manufacturing has caught up, that is, once the entire manufacturing process is up and running, the cost per unit should drop significantly, just like anything else. You wanna know why laptop computers cost $5k 15 years ago and now cost $300 today (and you are getting a much better laptop today), because the cost to produce them is a lot cheaper. Same with super duper smart phones, etc.

What I'm curious about is the water these orbs. It can't be tap water, I'm thinking it's gotta be some super clear, super clean type of water. So between the glass orb and the water, along with the solar panel the concentrates the light energy and transforms it into electricity that goes to the house, I'm wondering just how much something like that could cost and maintain, if the orb manufacturer is cranking out a hundred thousand units a month....

Just Passin' By 01-14-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10370121)
well yah, at least they can't afford a solar orb right now because the cost to bring the product to market is too high. But once manufacturing has caught up, that is, once the entire manufacturing process is up and running, the cost per unit should drop significantly, just like anything else. You wanna know why laptop computers cost $5k 15 years ago and now cost $300 today (and you are getting a much better laptop today), because the cost to produce them is a lot cheaper. Same with super duper smart phones, etc.

What I'm curious about is the water these orbs. It can't be tap water, I'm thinking it's gotta be some super clear, super clean type of water. So between the glass orb and the water, along with the solar panel the concentrates the light energy and transforms it into electricity that goes to the house, I'm wondering just how much something like that could cost and maintain, if the orb manufacturer is cranking out a hundred thousand units a month....

Repurpose them as property defense laser systems and watch the profits roll in.

Psyko Tek 01-14-2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10370121)

I am wondering about how much energy one provides
the Perfect orb part makes me think very expensive