ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A ton of Kiper tidbits, some involving the Chiefs. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281374)

O.city 02-10-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10424454)
A playmaker at TE improves this team more than any other single position other than OLB or FS.

I don't see real top shelf OLB/FS talent at #23 right now.

So theoretically, Vernon Davis improves this team more than JJ Watt?

The DE spot in this d isn't devalued, we just don't have anyone there who's worth a shit rushing the passer.

We need pass rush from th DL

htismaqe 02-10-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424457)
The same could be said for any of the wr or te in the draft.

We aren't likely to get an "elite" talent at 23 anyway

Jace Amaro to me is a potential difference maker at TE and he's likely to be available in that range.

If we're sitting there with someone like Ebron available then that's a different story. At that point, you're drafting for upside and then we're back to looking at guys like Hageman and Tuitt.

I just don't understand locking onto those guys as a first resort. This team is too bereft of talent to do that.

htismaqe 02-10-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424462)

The DE spot in this d isn't devalued, we just don't have anyone there who's worth a shit rushing the passer.

Rashede Hageman is NOT JJ Watt. Enough of the hyperbole.

O.city 02-10-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10424465)
Jace Amaro to me is a potential difference maker at TE and he's likely to be available in that range.

If we're sitting there with someone like Ebron available then that's a different story. At that point, you're drafting for upside and then we're back to looking at guys like Hageman and Tuitt.

I just don't understand locking onto those guys as a first resort. This team is too bereft of talent to do that.

I just don't think TE is in the table, with the Kelce pick last year. Like it or not (I don't) they'll wait and see on that pick

The Franchise 02-10-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424462)

If you're going to claim JJ Watt then ask if Jimmy Graham improves this team more than JJ Watt? The answer is yes.

htismaqe 02-10-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10424474)
If you're going to claim JJ Watt then ask if Jimmy Graham improves this team more than JJ Watt? The answer is yes.

Exactly.

htismaqe 02-10-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424470)
I just don't think TE is in the table, with the Kelce pick last year. Like it or not (I don't) they'll wait and see on that pick

Well, we all know what they're going to do, so this whole argument is moot.

They're not going to take a pass catcher or a pass rusher.

O.city 02-10-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10424466)
Rashede Hageman is NOT JJ Watt. Enough of the hyperbole.

Like you said, Jj watt wasn't Jj watt coming out.

Even if like Direkshun says, he's Wilkerson, that's something we need on the DL. We need defensive lineman who can play all three downs. Hopefully Bailey could become that, but that's also why I wanted Sheldon Richardson last year.

O.city 02-10-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10424474)

I just don't think an elite pass catcher is more important than an elite rusher, theoretically.

A playmaking pass rusher from the interior, IMO, is just a notch below qb.

Direckshun 02-10-2014 11:08 AM

I think everybody here agrees that it would be ideal if Allen Bailey or Mike Catapano played lights out next year at DE, assuming we don't bring TJax back or bring another DE in.

But you must shut down the run, and you must move the QB if your defense is going to be successful. A DE push from the interior will get the QB to do that faster than the OLB off the edge. Owning the interior gives you everything you want for your defense. The Panthers went from a shit defense to a Top 5 defense overnight with the exact same passrushers when they brought in Star Lotulelei and Kawann Short at DT.

We've taken a significant step in that direction by bringing Poe in. But OLs have countered by doubling him. We need to punish them for that, and TJax wasn't the answer to that. Nor was Bailey/Catapano.

Direckshun 02-10-2014 11:10 AM

I'd put it this way:

QB

OLB

NT

DE

CB
WR

OT

TE

But I'm a big defense guy.

O.city 02-10-2014 11:14 AM

I agree

It's also why I think the fisher pick was atrocious

Direckshun 02-10-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424522)
I agree

Well keep in mind, they shift with every team.

The less elite your QB is, the importance of those players around him grows.

Before the draft, if I had to pick a non-QB to have gone to us, Fisher probably would have been in the top 3. (I would have picked Joeckel.)

I just can't believe we didn't spend that pick on a QB. I really can't.

RunKC 02-10-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10424522)
I agree

This team would be so ****ed if we didn't draft a LT last year.

We draft any other position, the right now we are forced to pay out the ass for a LT that is continuously hurt.
That money makes it hard as he'll for us to extend Alex Smith and leave money for Justin Houston. So basically you're forced to cut good players to get money and you can't spend anything at all in free agency.

O.city 02-10-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10424592)
This team would be so ****ed if we didn't draft a LT last year.

We draft any other position, the right now we are forced to pay out the ass for a LT that is continuously hurt.
That money makes it hard as he'll for us to extend Alex Smith and leave money for Justin Houston. So basically you're forced to cut good players to get money and you can't spend anything at all in free agency.

We still don't know if we have a LT worth a shit. We could plug Stephenson in, sign a RT and probably be no worse off