ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Do you use the Yellow Pages? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283065)

Mrs. Loopner 04-17-2014 09:50 PM

YP it's the new TP

cosmo20002 04-17-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10570096)
Drier lint, never thought of that. Brilliant.

About the books, they're good for at least a broken freaking toe a year. Bastards always leave them right out in the middle of the front door.

Is that what happened to you?
I was afraid your foot condition was genetic and you might pass it you your kids.

cosmo20002 04-17-2014 10:03 PM

They used to be required by law to print and deliver white pages, and for years the old people lobby fought to keep it that way. They finally dropped that requirement so in most places you can only get a white pages if you request one.

aturnis 04-17-2014 10:23 PM

Just got a new copy a few weeks ago. Mine went straight into the recycle bin too.

houstonwhodat 04-18-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10569611)
Shit, remember when a phone booth or pay phone was on every corner? Damn near impossible here to find a pay phone now.

I know.

How in the hell are we supposed to make an anonymous drug deal?

notorious 04-18-2014 08:02 AM

I spend about 3K a year on advertising in the area YP here, but more and more often my customers tell me they found me on the internet.

It's almost time to hire a company to push my name to the top of the list on search engines. Does any one have any input on this process, and does it work?

blake5676 04-18-2014 08:02 AM

Every year I tell myself I'm going to stop paying to be listed in the YP and consequently, I end up forking over the dough and staying in it. Mostly because I get sold on the idea that there's still a lot of people who don't like the internet and still go old school.

This thread isn't making me feel any better about my decision though!

blake5676 04-18-2014 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10570890)
I spend about 3K a year on advertising in the area YP here, but more and more often my customers tell me they found me on the internet.

It's almost time to hire a company to push my name to the top of the list on search engines. Does any one have any input on this process, and does it work?

Hahaha...we pretty much posted the same dilemma at the same time. I can't remember the last time I had someone come in or call that told me they found me in the yellow pages. And I'm pretty sure the $$ I "waste" with YP could go a decent way in improving my online presence.

notorious 04-18-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blake5676 (Post 10570895)
Hahaha...we pretty much posted the same dilemma at the same time. I can't remember the last time I had someone come in or call that told me they found me in the yellow pages. And I'm pretty sure the $$ I "waste" with YP could go a decent way in improving my online presence.

My business deals with 35+ year old people since they have the money to afford what I offer. They still use the book every once in a while.

My YP rep keeps pushing their webpage on me. I keep telling him that nobody uses YP.com to look up a phone number, it's 75% Google and 25% Yahoo.

I feel bad for them since it is a dying business, but shit happens.

BeeHo 04-18-2014 08:13 AM

if i run out of the regular toilet paper, yes

ChiliConCarnage 04-18-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10569623)
Very, very rarely. Probably the most likely scenario is my cable going down and looking for the number for Time Warner since I can't access the 'net.

Last time my cable went out I pulled my phone out of my pocket and googled the number. I imagine YP is headed the way of the TV guide. It kind of amazes me their still going really.. they must be hanging on based on the very elderly

scho63 04-18-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10569584)
It's nice that they keep printing out a portion of the Internet for us.

THIS x 10

Not only that, the yellow pages are delivered in the morning and everyone throws them in the recycle bin in the evening when they return home from work.

Haven't seen anyone use the yellow pages in over 10 years except someone in our office uses 10 of them stacked under his computer screen because he stands while he works.

Rain Man 04-18-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10570595)
They used to be required by law to print and deliver white pages, and for years the old people lobby fought to keep it that way. They finally dropped that requirement so in most places you can only get a white pages if you request one.

I suspect that's back when the phone service was a monopoly. Ah, those were the days, back when you couldn't own a telephone and they charged you a rental fee every month for each phone in your house.

Rain Man 04-18-2014 09:28 AM

Quote:

As your official market research and strategy firm, I would advise you to divert that money to online advertising or some form of direct mail.

vailpass 04-18-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

SEO and SEM certainly works. I believe there is an expert here on CP?