ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Walter Rapes the Chiefs Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283777)

Mr. Arrowhead 05-19-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10638212)
Article in MMQB this morning that the Falcons were trying to move up into the 20s to grab Dee Ford. So much for the theory that KC could have moved down and gotten him.

also there were talk that the eagles moved down cuz they thought Ford was gonna be there at 26. Fact is if you love a certain player and want him then just take which the Chiefs did.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2014 03:42 PM

This was the first year in a long time that all the mocks pegged us dead wrong. I like it. When Cooks was no longer an option, you had to know we were going a completely different way.

Sfeihc 05-19-2014 03:44 PM

I've been thinking about Walter and his CHIEFS hatred. My conclusion is he is that he's a CHIEFS fan and posts on CP.

In58men 05-19-2014 04:08 PM

100% agree with his take on Dee Ford and Aaron Murray. I couldn't have said it any better than that.

KCrockaholic 05-19-2014 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneBowe (Post 10638541)
Hi

Breh...

Dave Lane 05-19-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10637650)
I take it, he doesn't like Alex Smith? ROFL

Who does? He's Kyle Orton with less zip and less ints

Dave Lane 05-19-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10638318)
Aaron Murray was a fantastic pick. Even if he doesn't start, he's a great insurance policy. I believe he can come in if Alex gets hurt and do well.

Chase Daniel is set to make a combined $7 million dollars in 2014 and 2015. Time to shave off that money and help our cap situation.

Death to buttchin

O.city 05-19-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 10638810)
I've been thinking about Walter and his CHIEFS hatred. My conclusion is he is that he's a CHIEFS fan and posts on CP.

Picks the chiefs to take an ol every year, hates this draft. Guess who it is

kcchiefsus 05-19-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 10638864)
100% agree with his take on Dee Ford and Aaron Murray. I couldn't have said it any better than that.

I hope you die.

Buehler445 05-19-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10637691)
His reason for hating the Ford pick is the dumbest ****ing shit I've ever read. Wasn't a need? Was Walter one of those ****ing morons who thought the Giants were crazy for selecting JPP several years ago just because they already had Tuck, Kiwanuka, and Umenyiora?

Pass rushers, Walter. You can never go wrong with a ****ing passrusher.

****ing moron.

This. And how the **** is it not a need? If nothing else you can just look at the defensive numbers when Hali/Houston got hurt. You can say some of that is tape blah blah blah, but passrushers win games.

You can pick on Ford and say he won't be a good passrusher but every team needs more passrushers. I bet if you asked the Seachickens if they're not going to worry about passrushers because they crunched five head, they'd laugh you right out of the press room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10638212)
Article in MMQB this morning that the Falcons were trying to move up into the 20s to grab Dee Ford. So much for the theory that KC could have moved down and gotten him.

oops....

GloucesterChief 05-19-2014 10:57 PM

Remember, all the experts ripped Seattle's 2012 draft. There is a reason why these people are on tv and writing for websites. If they actually knew anything other than what the GMs spoon feed them they would be making tons of cash being employed by a team.

RealSNR 05-20-2014 12:20 AM

How reeruned is Walter?

Given his own draft grades and his analysis of our team needs and the 1st round, he would have given us a much higher grade if we selected Su'a Felatio instead of Dee Ford. At least a B.

Selecting a first round guard essentially for him is the difference between practically hitting the draft out of the park (almost all As and Bs) and having "unquestioningly" one of the worst drafts in the class. A first round guard. That's all the difference.

Let's go around and ask all the GMs if they'd rather have Dee Ford or Xavier Su'a Filo on their team. I think I know what 98% of them would pick.

kccrow 05-20-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 10640075)
Remember, all the experts ripped Seattle's 2012 draft. There is a reason why these people are on tv and writing for websites. If they actually knew anything other than what the GMs spoon feed them they would be making tons of cash being employed by a team.

Easier said than done, making it into the league and then climbing the ranks to GM. That doesn't mean people don't know anything. In fact, it is down right asinine to think people can't possibly know anything about talent because they don't work as a scout for an NFL team. It is statements like this that make me realize many people have no idea how badly the life of an NFL scout sucks most of the year.

Now, people get it wrong. In fact, so too do NFL teams. And they get it wrong more than they get it right. Seattle hit on 3 picks in that 2012 draft class: a 2nd, a 3rd, and a 7th round pick. If it weren't for Russell Wilson being the steal he was, nobody would even take notice of that draft. Unless their 1st round pick becomes something he hasn't shown yet, that draft is only slightly better than average and that is only because I'd rate finding a franchise QB in round 3 very highly.

SAUTO 05-20-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10639771)
Picks the chiefs to take an ol every year, hates this draft. Guess who it is

Same guy who started this thread?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 05-20-2014 05:09 PM

How crazy would it be if Saccapoo was actually Walter. ROFL

Can't be though....Sac lives in Utah. Walter lives on the East Coast.