ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Marvel's Ant Man Film (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283882)

Deberg_1990 04-14-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11437111)
Right, but Iron Man's $102 million dollar opening weekend really set the tone for Marvel's future. I think that Norton's Hulk would have been more successful if not for the failed version earlier in the decade and had it not gone head to head with a Iron Man. Dumb move on Uni's part.

FWIW, Universal still owns the rights to the Hulk, there aren't any plans for a Hulk movie until the rights revert to Marvel.

They probably don't feel like it's worth their time for another one.

Too many other characters to give films to

DaneMcCloud 04-14-2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11437125)
They probably don't feel like it's worth their time for another one.

Too many other characters to give films to

I've heard rumors abound about Planet Hulk but Marvel doesn't have the rights.

AustinChief 04-14-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11437156)
I've heard rumors abound about Planet Hulk but Marvel doesn't have the rights.

Sort of.. it's not like the crappy Sony deal but yeah Marvel doesn't have all the rights, from what i have heard it wouldn't be an issue if they really wanted to make a new Hulk movie but right now they don't.

bowener 04-14-2015 09:32 PM

Universal gets a cut of any solo Hulk films made. There is nothing roadblocking it other than sharing a piece of the pie. Marvel probably feels that there is no story worth telling at this moment, and the piece of the pie is too big.

AustinChief 04-14-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 11437324)
Universal gets a cut of any solo Hulk films made. There is nothing roadblocking it other than sharing a piece of the pie. Marvel probably feels that there is no story worth telling at this moment, and the piece of the pie is too big.

I actually think the "cut" they get is distribution. I'm not sure, I'd have to ask my Marvel guy on that. (I just like saying that I have a "Marvel guy"! I actually may be headed back to Atlanta in a week or so to help him set up for Cap America 3 like I did with Ant Man... and no I am not Dane style cool, I just wrote some custom software that they'll be using for databasing digital shot data.. so the closest I get to the actual film is a trailer full of computers.. very un-sexy)

DaneMcCloud 04-14-2015 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11437507)
I actually think the "cut" they get is distribution. I'm not sure, I'd have to ask my Marvel guy on that. (I just like saying that I have a "Marvel guy"! I actually may be headed back to Atlanta in a week or so to help him set up for Cap America 3 like I did with Ant Man... and no I am not Dane style cool, I just wrote some custom software that they'll be using for databasing digital shot data.. so the closest I get to the actual film is a trailer full of computers.. very un-sexy)

That's awesome! Enjoy your time with Marvel. Composers are "behind the scenes" too and I am no where the MCU. The closest I get is tweeting back and forth with Brian Tyler. :D

Enjoy!

AustinChief 04-15-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11437510)
That's awesome! Enjoy your time with Marvel. Composers are "behind the scenes" too and I am no where the MCU. The closest I get is tweeting back and forth with Brian Tyler. :D

Enjoy!

Well I'm only "with Marvel" on Cap 3 and Ant Man but even then I am just helping out a company called DigiLab and they don't have any exclusive deal they just get picked up on a per movie basis. The only movie I did anything really cool on was The Interview. Sony had really specific specs they wanted the files in and no one could figure it out so I wrote some cool software that Sony loved... I will say this about the IT people at Sony... they were by far the most professional I have dealt with... which is ironic since they got hacked and all.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11437514)
Well I'm only "with Marvel" on Cap 3 and Ant Man but even then I am just helping out a company called DigiLab and they don't have any exclusive deal they just get picked up on a per movie basis. The only movie I did anything really cool on was The Interview. Sony had really specific specs they wanted the files in and no one could figure it out so I wrote some cool software that Sony loved... I will say this about the IT people at Sony... they were by far the most professional I have dealt with... which is ironic since they got hacked and all.

I have to laugh at that last line, if you don't mind.

LMAO

Silock 04-15-2015 01:39 AM

I have a friend that works for Sony IT. He was saying that basically it was user error that got them hacked. He said all the higher ups are basically just completely computer reeruned and their passwords were like "123"

Deberg_1990 04-15-2015 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11437540)
I have a friend that works for Sony IT. He was saying that basically it was user error that got them hacked. He said all the higher ups are basically just completely computer reeruned and their passwords were like "123"

This is probably true for a lot of larger companies

In my experience, people higher up the chain ultimately prefer convenience over security

But if this is true, Sony should have had some sort of Password complexity enforcement

Just Passin' By 04-15-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 11437324)

Quote:

Article on the Universal Hulk thing:

http://collider.com/new-hulk-solo-mo...ns-the-rights/

Mr. Plow 04-15-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

You're sexy to me..... :p

Rausch 04-15-2015 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11439158)
Article on the Universal Hulk thing:

http://collider.com/new-hulk-solo-mo...ns-the-rights/

I think Marvel is being smart about this.

Instead of making a new Hulk flick and trying to convince the crowd it can work they're waiting for the audience desire for one to build. Wait until the masses create the demand for one...

Just Passin' By 04-15-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11439203)
I think Marvel is being smart about this.

Instead of making a new Hulk flick and trying to convince the crowd it can work they're waiting for the audience desire for one to build. Wait until the masses create the demand for one...

Well, Marvel's on a roll, so I'm certainly not going to second guess them about how to try succeeding with a two time loser. I'm a lot more likely to trust them than WB/DC, right now.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11437540)

That may be but it sucks for all of their employees, which in addition to admin staff includes past and present producers, composers, writers, actors, gaffers - essentially anyone and everyone that ever received a W2 or 1099 from Sony.

I have friends that now to have pay a monthly service fee to internet "watchdog" companies that look for ID theft.

It really sucks for all them.