ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Caught on Vid: Father orders son to punch another boy (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284005)

Just Passin' By 05-29-2014 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10659486)
We live in a post columbine/Newtown era.

Schools are fearful of this stuff escalating, and rightly so.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry, but that's a load of bullshit.

LoneWolf 05-29-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe, just maybe, if the schools would allow kids to vent some of their anger and handle certain situations by getting in a few fights, some kids wouldn't keep their anger bottled up and then let it explode in a fury of bullets.

Stanley Nickels 05-29-2014 09:32 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

I'd argue that fighting is a release of that aggression which, with fights being so rare now, manifests as more extreme violence. You gotta get that shit out of your system or it'll simmer and then boil over.

Pitt Gorilla 05-29-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10659413)
Kids ARE pussies these days. We were always fighting. Like a couple times a week at least someone was throwing down. Hell we will still fight if prodded lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Someone is going to fear for their life and use lethal force to defend themselves.

blaise 05-29-2014 11:36 PM

When I was in high school I think a fistfight during school got you one day in school suspension. But I'd rather take that than the whole, "Meet me at the tree at 3:00," or whatever. If you can wait that long you're not that mad.

Just Passin' By 05-29-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10659869)
Someone is going to fear for their life and use lethal force to defend themselves.

Same shit since the beginning of time.

C3HIEF3S 05-30-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flybone McTimmerson (Post 10658864)
When I was 7 years old I came home crying and telling my dad that I had gotten beat up on the playground. He ordered me back to the playground the next morning and said next time someone hits you, you defend yourself and fight back.

So, off I go to the playground and I do exactly as I was told. I don't pick a fight with anybody, but the first time I was hit, I fought back and beat the crap out of them.

I was super excited that I had defended myself and that it had worked. I ran home and told my dad about it. He looked at me and said "Well, I'm proud of you, son. From now on you defend yourself anytime somebody picks on you."

About ten minutes later the doorbell rings and my dad answers it. At the door is a lady and her 9 year old daughter. The daughter has a fat lip and a bloody nose. The lady looks at my dad and says "I believe your son just beat up my daughter at the playground."

Y'all should have seen the look my dad gave me.

That is ****ing hilarious ROFLROFL

007 05-30-2014 02:25 AM

I remember when I was about 10 or so and was playing with my neighbors. One of them was riding on my bike and I asked them to get off so I could ride it. He would not get off and gave me this dirty look like "make me" Needless to say, I made him. Grabbed the bike and stopped him. Next thing I know, I hear their dad yell out the window, "hit him!!!!"

I just remember thinking WTF when he said that. Considering the kid wasn't exactly smartest kid around I wasn't about to fight him so I had to deal with a couple pops to the head and stomach. Got on my bike to ride off and his ****ing big brother runs me down to beat on me. WTF?

I just wanted to ride my bike and the kid wouldn't get off. I didn't hit him, I just stopped him and made him get off. Never even tried to hurt him. Somehow that justified their dad telling him to hit me and the big brother getting pissed and trying to beat on me because I wouldn't fight his brother? Needless to say I never bothered playing with those neighbors again.

Made me feel better when my dad told me I did the right thing not fighting him. Now the big brother on the other hand. Sure would like another shot at him.

BryanBusby 05-30-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10659610)
Sorry, but that's a load of bullshit.

It really isn't.

The Columbine shit led to the "Zero tolerance" policy, which was the most ridiculous shit.

E: Well I guess it was around before Columbine, but they really pushed the shit hard after it.

I got handcuffed and taken to jail until my dad finally came in got me when I threw a punch to defend myself at school. After that, they basically threatened to either put me in the burnouts school or complete expel me and really Zero Tolerance can go **** itself in the ass. Even the cop that hauled me off hated it and was really apologetic, cool and completely in my corner about the whole thing. I'd strongly recommend anyone who wasn't in school in the last 10 or so years to watch a documentary called The War on Kids.

My kids will never attend public schools.