ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What if you dont act on it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284086)

Coogs 06-02-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10665580)
One thing I learned in my years with women....

You stand them on their head , and they all look the same

This is something I have never tried, but I am skeptical about your claim.

Jimmya 06-02-2014 12:08 PM

Agree with others... Move on and say nothing.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-02-2014 12:39 PM

Look at it this way....you did the right thing by not acting on it. Many wouldn't have done the same.

KC native 06-02-2014 12:42 PM

I think you need to have a serious confessional session with your gf. Tell her about your devious ways and impure thoughts.

Mr. Laz 06-02-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10665646)
I think you need to have a serious confessional session with your gf. Tell her about your devious ways and impure thoughts.

you're evil

Predarat 06-02-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10665646)

I think so too, it will get found out one way or another. If he does not confess it will be a harsher consequence. His best course of action is to be pro active and get out in front of it. That don't say anything and play defense if you have too shit just doesn't work.

Eleazar 06-02-2014 01:14 PM

I think the test is probably how she would feel if she'd been listening in

Rain Man 06-02-2014 01:36 PM

I'm curious about something. I didn't really have a long period of casual dating in my life. It was usually either no dating or a committed relationship. So I never had to deal with dating transitions.

If you're dating someone and you've been together for, say, three months or six months or something, and you like the person but you're not really planning on marrying them, how do you shop for someone new? If you encounter someone you like, are you required to break up with the current girlfriend before flirting with the new prospect? Or can you flirt, figure out if you've got a chance, and then say to the new one, "Hold on for a day or two. I need to break up with this other gal."

If no rings are on fingers, it seems like there should be some sort of middle ground where you can flirt with someone to test the waters, kind of like that middle zone in bombardment where everybody's allowed to run. If you can't flirt, how do you continue moving up the preference ladder until you find Miss Right?

KC native 06-02-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10665653)
you're evil

Honesty is always the best policy.

Dunerdr 06-02-2014 01:37 PM

Suckin ain't ****in and eatin ain't cheating. Talk should be ok.

Katipan 06-02-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10665730)
I'm curious about something. I didn't really have a long period of casual dating in my life. It was usually either no dating or a committed relationship. So I never had to deal with dating transitions.

If you're dating someone and you've been together for, say, three months or six months or something, and you like the person but you're not really planning on marrying them, how do you shop for someone new? If you encounter someone you like, are you required to break up with the current girlfriend before flirting with the new prospect? Or can you flirt, figure out if you've got a chance, and then say to the new one, "Hold on for a day or two. I need to break up with this other gal."

If no rings are on fingers, it seems like there should be some sort of middle ground where you can flirt with someone to test the waters, kind of like that middle zone in bombardment where everybody's allowed to run. If you can't flirt, how do you continue moving up the preference ladder until you find Miss Right?

I don't worry about it. Or didn't. If I was happy where I was, doing what I was doing, then I didn't have a concern about the higher rung. Regardless of future intentions. If I knew the b/f was only a short term temporary assignment, then we probably both knew that, and outside flirting wouldn't be much of a concern on either end.

Either way, you can for sure find yourself drawn to someone without tripping over sexual innuendos. The definition of what flirting is, is about as universal as beauty.

Rain Man 06-02-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10665751)
I don't worry about it. Or didn't. If I was happy where I was, doing what I was doing, then I didn't have a concern about the higher rung. Regardless of future intentions. If I knew the b/f was only a short term temporary assignment, then we probably both knew that, and outside flirting wouldn't be much of a concern on either end.

Either way, you can for sure find yourself drawn to someone without tripping over sexual innuendos. The definition of what flirting is, is about as universal as beauty.

Ah. So the key is internal communication and being sure that both parties know where they're at on the ladder. That sounds difficult in the hypersensitive world of dating.

Now I'm wondering what the rungs are. Perhaps they should be labeled so people know.

Donger 06-02-2014 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10665757)
Ah. So the key is internal communication and being sure that both parties know where they're at on the ladder. That sounds difficult in the hypersensitive world of dating.

Now I'm wondering what the rungs are. Perhaps they should be labeled so people know.

That's a good idea. I could have used the ladder rung warning equivalent to dating when I was a youngster:

http://static7.bigstockphoto.com/thu...e2/1468057.jpg

Katipan 06-02-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10665757)

I suppose that information would be helpful but it's like Chutes and Ladders. Some twat may scurry to the top with minimal effort while the rest of us go back and forth across the board, but it really takes one wrong roll to end up at the bottom of the slide anyways.

So. **** it.

And change states often.

Iowanian 06-02-2014 02:25 PM

Is Love worth losing your best friend?