ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Coffee, yes or no? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284556)

MOhillbilly 06-23-2014 12:08 PM

Hot or cold
Black
Strong enough to float lead

Anything over a quart gets me into trouble.

Bearcat 06-23-2014 12:11 PM

Do you like it? Yes
Hot or cold? Mostly cold. Thai iced coffee is great stuff and I buy the flavored Starbucks double shot stuff, too.
What brands and strengths do you like? See above.
Do you take cream or sugar? Yeah, like the smell of coffee, but don't care so much for plain/black.
Are you a cup a day coffee kind of person or a pot a day kind of person? Gotten away from caffeine everyday... maybe once or twice a week.
How do you feel about Starbuck's? Works for me.
Have you tried McDonald's premium coffees, which I hear are notably better than Starbuck's? Nope
What about Dunkin' Donuts' coffee? Nope
When did you start drinking coffee? After college... a roommate had an espresso machine, which got me hooked for a while.
Do you ever add any adult beverages to your coffee? I've added coffee to home brewed beer.
Do you only drink it on weekends? Usually late in the week.
How do you feel about decaffeinated coffee? Meh.

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 10710059)
My old man lived on coffee and beer. He drank coffee with breakfast, with lunch, with dinner, and had it on his regular breaks at work. I could never really understand that. I actually don't like coffee with food. I find that it tends to ruin the taste of whatever I'm eating, unless it's something that goes well with coffee (tiramisu is one fine example).

I really only have one iced coffee at breakfast. Goes fine with toast and eggs.

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10710070)
Do you like it? Yes
Hot or cold? Mostly cold. Thai iced coffee is great stuff and I buy the flavored Starbucks double shot stuff, too.
What brands and strengths do you like? See above.
Do you take cream or sugar? Yeah, like the smell of coffee, but don't care so much for plain/black.
Are you a cup a day coffee kind of person or a pot a day kind of person? Gotten away from caffeine everyday... maybe once or twice a week.
How do you feel about Starbuck's? Works for me.
Have you tried McDonald's premium coffees, which I hear are notably better than Starbuck's? Nope
What about Dunkin' Donuts' coffee? Nope
When did you start drinking coffee? After college... a roommate had an espresso machine, which got me hooked for a while.
Do you ever add any adult beverages to your coffee? I've added coffee to home brewed beer.
Do you only drink it on weekends? Usually late in the week.
How do you feel about decaffeinated coffee? Meh.

I think the chai you're talking about is actually tea. The iced chai latte at Starbuck's is freaking insane. I have to force myself not to have one. They are so delicious, but so bad for you. A venti has like 60+ grams of sugar.

The Franchise 06-23-2014 12:17 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_ZVeK2wJ1t...sugar+milk.jpg

Stewie 06-23-2014 12:17 PM

Hot
100% Colombian (pretty consistent profile across brands).
Straight-up, no additives
Used to grind beans, but don't do that any longer. The bean grinder is now a spice grinder.

There is some vile coffee out there. I remember a few years ago I bought Folger's Classic Roast and threw it out after one pot.

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10710085)

ROFL

I know several people like this. They'll take a standard coffee cup, fill it 2/3 full with coffee and add 4-6 packs of sugar and 2-3 creamers. I don't even understand the point.

Bearcat 06-23-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10710077)
I think the chai you're talking about is actually tea. The iced chai latte at Starbuck's is freaking insane. I have to force myself not to have one. They are so delicious, but so bad for you. A venti has like 60+ grams of sugar.

No, Thai... coffee, ice, add cream and sugar until it tastes like candy. It's the perfect drink for a spicy Thai meal.

The Franchise 06-23-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10710090)
ROFL

I know several people like this. They'll take a standard coffee cup, fill it 2/3 full with coffee and add 4-6 packs of sugar and 2-3 creamers. I don't even understand the point.

I take mine with 2 sugars and some creamer. I'll drink it black if I absolutely have to...but I prefer my coffee with sugar and cream.

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10710094)
No, Thai... coffee, ice, add cream and sugar until it tastes like candy. It's the perfect drink for a spicy Thai meal.

Ahhhh. :thumb:

But that chai iced tea latte is pretty ****in' outstanding.

Predarat 06-23-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! (Post 10710053)
Why do you think it's not coffee? Just because that's not how you like it? To stick with your analogy, it's actually more like saying hot dogs that aren't fired on a grill aren't hot dogs. It's all the same stuff - coffee grounds and water - just prepared differently.

I think it could be argued that cold-brewed coffee actually tastes more like real coffee than hot. The reason is that traditional hot-brew methods destroy flavor compounds.

Once I make my cold-brew concentrate, I'll fill my cup with ice, add one packet of Splenda, fill about 2/3 with concentrate and top with milk or half-and-half. It's very tasty, and infinitely more refreshing than hot coffee, if you ask me.

Maybe I have just had bad experiences with it, but I have never liked it. It just does not seem right to me. Maybe I will try your way, the stuff I had was store bought.

Chiefnj2 06-23-2014 12:27 PM

For those of you who are pot a day drinkers, do you get really bad caffeine withdrawal if forced to skip a day?

For the poll: Hot, little bit of milk, pot a day, D&D is good, Starbucks is overpriced and over-rated, no booze in it, no decaf.

htismaqe 06-23-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10710057)
How do you feel about Starbuck's? - Hipster hangout

Not here. The hipster's hangout mostly at the locally-owned shops.

Starbuck's is a place for suits to network...

htismaqe 06-23-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10710110)
For those of you who are pot a day drinkers, do you get really bad caffeine withdrawal if forced to skip a day?

Not really, no.

Fire Me Boy! 06-23-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10710109)
Maybe I have just had bad experiences with it, but I have never liked it. It just does not seem right to me. Maybe I will try your way, the stuff I had was store bought.

The most important part of iced coffee is that it's cold brewed. Some place sell hot-brewed coffee that's been allowed to cool and poured over ice. That will yield a pretty bad tasting cup.