ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My dad just told me he has prostate cancer. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285012)

KC Dan 07-30-2014 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10775632)
Got the results back on my dad. The cancer has spread but very minor. It has gotten to his bladder. They are going to surgically remove that part of his bladder. He is going to get radiation and hormone suppressing shots.
According to the internet and his Dr. dads chances for survival is almost 90%.

Prayers on the way for you, your family and dad. He can beat it!

BigMeatballDave 07-30-2014 01:16 PM

Good thoughts to you and yours.

OldSchool 07-30-2014 01:28 PM

Best wishes to your pops and your family.

Just Passin' By 07-30-2014 02:06 PM

Best wishes for you father

InChiefsHeaven 07-30-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10748582)
Good luck to you guys. My mom just passed away from cancer herself. Something called oat cell. Dies 4 weeks after diagnoses. I hope I go that fast when I get it.

Prostate cancer has way better odds.

My mom died almost 3 years ago now from goddam pancreatic cancer. Diagnosed and passed away in about a month, give or take. I guess the pancreatic is one of the worst you can get cuz by the time you know you have it, it's too late.

Now we find my dad has stage 4 lung cancer. Known for a year, and he's actually doing pretty well, all things considered. Every day is a treasure.

Prayers to the OP. It's tough. My old man was and is quite matter of fact about it. I guess when you get to be 78, you just don't worry as much.

Buehler445 07-30-2014 02:35 PM

Good news! Keep him positive.

bevischief 07-30-2014 05:17 PM

Hang in there. Prayers sent.

Bugeater 07-30-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10748521)
Best of luck to your father and to yourself and your family.

I'm going through this with my own father right now, although his was caught early and didn't have the same scary overtones that your does. At least until a few weeks ago when they found something on an x-ray in one of his lungs. Now we're waiting on that.

The more time passes, the more evident it's becoming that cancer has become a reality that we're all going to have to face sooner or later, with ourselves or with loved ones (or both). It's basically reached epidemic proportions (I have my own theories why - atmospheric nuclear testing, un-regulated food preservatives and additives, etc), and it's only going to grow. :(

I think it's because we've cured most everything else. 100 years ago he would've probably died from dysentery at the age of 36. Cancer and old age are pretty much the only things we can't beat anymore.

Anyway, best of luck to your pops CR. Glad to hear there's somewhat good news on the subject.

lcarus 07-30-2014 07:38 PM

Damn. CP is depressing these days. So much bad news. Prayers your direction. I hope all turns out well. Cancer is a bitch.

mlyonsd 07-30-2014 07:42 PM

Prayers and thoughts.

Easy 6 07-30-2014 07:51 PM

Keep him fighting, best wishes and thoughts.

Tacoman 07-30-2014 09:10 PM

This is worth at least checking out man.. It's not right for everyone, but the results were spectacular for my dad. He was at a 9 on his secretion levels, and since his operation he has never been above one again, I think he is back to a .4? Anyways its worth at least looking into. No radiation, no chemo. Everything is done with ultrasound in a matter of hours.

H.I.F.U. (High intensity focused ultrasound)

He had to fly to mexico to have it done, and pay 30k out of pocket. No bullshit though, blue cross blue shield cut him a check for I think 28k willingly and said they wished more would do it.

I know it sounds a little wonky but check it out at least, it saved my dads life. It is the go to treatment in europe and asia, but you have to do some health test stuff to see if you are eligible.

Tacoman 07-30-2014 09:12 PM

Feel free to PM me if you want more info, I'd be happy to ask my pops what info he has on it.

ROYC75 07-30-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 10775632)
Got the results back on my dad. The cancer has spread but very minor. It has gotten to his bladder. They are going to surgically remove that part of his bladder. He is going to get radiation and hormone suppressing shots.
According to the internet and his Dr. dads chances for survival is almost 90%.

Good new, prayers and thoughts your way to you & your dad.

InChiefsHeaven 07-31-2014 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tacoman (Post 10777032)
This is worth at least checking out man.. It's not right for everyone, but the results were spectacular for my dad. He was at a 9 on his secretion levels, and since his operation he has never been above one again, I think he is back to a .4? Anyways its worth at least looking into. No radiation, no chemo. Everything is done with ultrasound in a matter of hours.

H.I.F.U. (High intensity focused ultrasound)

He had to fly to mexico to have it done, and pay 30k out of pocket. No bullshit though, blue cross blue shield cut him a check for I think 28k willingly and said they wished more would do it.

I know it sounds a little wonky but check it out at least, it saved my dads life. It is the go to treatment in europe and asia, but you have to do some health test stuff to see if you are eligible.

This is amazing! Never heard of it...I wonder why it's not available in America??