ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Do you have FAITH in the Chiefs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285158)

Grim 07-22-2014 09:54 AM

I have faith that Andy Reid will field a competetive team this season.

Sandy Vagina 07-22-2014 09:56 AM

9 or 10 wins.. but the OL will have to be remotely tolerable. If they are playing top 15-like? then we could be talking more wins. Bottom 5-like? and ugh.. lucky to break even.

I don't suffer from PTSD as many Chiefs fans... ... so yeah.. some faith. http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3193/vikeslogo.gif

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2014 10:03 AM

They are a playoff team again...but will still not win a playoff game :(

TRR 07-22-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10759738)
I'd agree with everything, but if Joe Mays is starting, that doesn't bode well for our defense. He's poor in coverage and is just a dude. And I do think that teams were taking advantage of our lack of productivity at that spot in the field and it forced us to put Berry more into the box than he should be at this point in his career.

Because of the tomato cans we had at MLB, Berry was essentially turned into LaRon Landry, and for a guy with Berry's speed and athleticism, that's not a good thing for the back half of the defense.

Having shit at the MLB position hurt this team.

I'm not so much worried about Fisher and Allen. I think that they are both going to be much better than who they were last season and Fisher did improve markedly by the end of the season. He has to stay healthy though, as well as Stephenson, or we are really screwed.

I think you are a little overstated on the expectations (or lack thereof) on Smith. New system, entirely new coaches from top to bottom, new players, what was essentially a rookie offensive line outside of Albert, a rookie TE and a hobbled one, etc. The guy was walking into a situation that was exceedingly detrimental to kicking ass and he did remarkably well. If those situations, against better teams, you are going to see "game manager" more than you are against what you saw in the playoff game. For this season, I think you see that Alex Smith and that offense (and hopefully a Dwayne Bowe who doesn't shit the game away by bad play after bad play) versus the "game manager" type of performances.

I think you are undervaluing Joe Mays. He is better in coverage than Jordan was, and is certainly better in coverage thank Nico Johnson. Johnson's MO has always been that...even at Alabama.

You are certainly more sure of the OL than I am. Whoever starts at RG will be a downgrade IMO over last year...at least in the first half of the year. Fisher really needs to be consistent at LT, or KC is in trouble.

I believe Junior will give KC something they missed in the slot last year....size and hands. He is good in the red zone and I believe in his targets last year, Junior didn't drop a ball. KC will need AJ or Kyle Williams to step up as well as Kelce to take the O to the next level.

As far as the D goes....the CBs will need to play with more intelligence than last season. Flowers, Lewis, Demps, Robinson, Berry, Smith and Cooper all had moments of complete idiocy last season. You are going to get beat. The NFL has made sure of that. Just be where you are supposed to be. Hopefully our new players in the secondary can simply do that.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-22-2014 10:10 AM

Mays is complete shit

Pablo 07-22-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 10759750)
I'll have faith that they'll let us down once more if we try to have faith in them. nope. no more. I'm not that young anymore. perform and I'll root for you. disappoint me and I'll laugh at you. no more blind faith.

C'MON JUST BE A FAN!!!!11!1!11!!!

Reerun_KC 07-22-2014 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10759782)

Its your choice....

Lightrise 07-22-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10759578)
Abdullah is going to not just be better than Kendrick Lewis (which was a given anyway) but he's actually going to be fairly impressive at FS.

I'm also pretty confident we'll pick out a pretty decent RG.

Other than that, I'm not willing to put faith in anything else. The Chiefs need about 7 or 8 different players to unprecedentedly do great things this season. It's extremely unlikely that more than 4 of those guys will meet those expectations

I agree on Abdullah and I've steadily become more optimistic. I no longer believe the Chiefs will cut Bray. It's Daniels who will be gone. I'm hoping that Frankie Hammond makes the team. I saw something in that guy last year. The people on the line I'm most nervous about is actually Allen and Hudson. Its too much to ask to give Hudson's job to Kush now, but Hudson is not the answer and we've seen the best we are going to see from Allen. I think Fisher is iffy but I'm leaning toward him surprising everyone at where he naturally belongs. I'm solidly behind Alex Smith. He just sold me last year. The guy is not careless and that alone wins games you probably shouldn't. I don't see us beating Seattle but I do see us beating the Patriots and at least splitting the Denver and San Diego games. That doesn't mean much when you lose to the 49ers but again, there's the Smith motivation and you never know. I don't see the NFCW as a disaster like I once did. But with Percy Harvin healthy I cant see winning that game. If it were up to me, I would have tried to deal Hali and I would have concluded the Houston and Smith contracts already and then given Ford Hali's job now. It will be interesting what Dorsey does as the cuts come all over the league. I've thought it all through and I'm ok losing all the players we did. It moves the team forward and I don't see us losing. I don't have confidence in Kelce however. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Bearcat 07-22-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10759782)

BUY SEASON TICKETS!

Benefits include:
The opportunity to purchase preseason tickets at full price.
The opportunity to purchase postseason tickets... well, maybe.
The opportunity to purchase full price parking.
And many other opportunities to give us your money.

siberian khatru 07-22-2014 10:21 AM

I keep up with news of the team, but the playoff loss sucked my soul dry.

I have zero faith and zero expectations. If they win, great. If they lose, so what.

lcarus 07-22-2014 10:21 AM

We know Sean Smith can cover a lightpole.

Nzoner 07-22-2014 10:23 AM

I'm taking the under on total wins when I'm in Vegas next month.

John Dope 07-22-2014 10:26 AM

8-9 wins

Personnel isn't the only thing. It's a big piece of the pie but there are several other key pieces.

Who did we really lose anyway? I think we have guys who can match last year's production in the positions we lost. I don't even think it will be a challenge. The only player we cannot lose is Poe. We have no back up for Poe and he can't be replaced. I wish we would sign Ryan Pickett to a one year deal.

Consistency - this is the first time we've had the same offensive coordinator, head coach, and quarterback in consecutive years in a very long time.

Chemistry - Last year's team had the best chemistry I've seen since 2003. Those guys believed. They will build on that chemistry.

Experience - Losing the playoff game the way we did could be a good thing in the long run. Last year we were the youngest team in the league and we will learn from it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-22-2014 12:17 PM

Not one dripping ounce.

ChiefsCountry 07-22-2014 12:22 PM

Nope, but Andy Reid is one hell of a coach though only thing I can think of that gives us some hope this year.