ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs This one is on Reid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288582)

rockachalk 11-20-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 11133393)
KC did drop a pick six...that would have sealed it. Those are the plays that define a championship defense.

Chiefs looked tired...especially on that last drive.

Ha! I called it in chat. Carr was telegraphing those throws. Abdullah dropped a sure interception though on the last drive that the raiders took the lead. Hit him right in his hands. Gotta make those plays to win games like this. There were at least 3 or 4 ints our boys left on the field tonight. I'm sure they'll be their next game we play them as well.

Frosty 11-20-2014 11:28 PM

I agree that a lot of this was on Reid. Where was Kelce the first three quarters? Where were the sweeps and end arounds to DAT? On the final scoring drive, the Raiders defense is obviously getting tired but you don't hand the ball even once to Charles? You don't challenge the spot of the 4th down play on the Raiders' scoring drive?

okcchief 11-20-2014 11:31 PM

Everyone always needs a scapegoat around here. Plenty of blame and circumstance to spread around.

kaplin42 11-20-2014 11:31 PM

The whole team sucked a dick tonight. Just all there is to it. Everyone employed by the Chiefs should go home and get the shit kicked out of them for the crappy performance, Coaches to the ****ing water boys should be ****ing embarrassed right now.

Jerm 11-20-2014 11:32 PM

Andy Reid's playbook....

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/uplo...___6500516.gif

rockachalk 11-20-2014 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11133696)
I agree that a lot of this was on Reid. Where was Kelce the first three quarters? Where were the sweeps and end arounds to DAT? On the final scoring drive, the Raiders defense is obviously getting tired but you don't hand the ball even once to Charles? You don't challenge the spot of the 4th down play on the Raiders' scoring drive?

tbh, I think the rain played a big part in what we could do on offense through the air in the first half. It looked like torrential rain at times in the first half. Hard to throw in that weather.

After the half, the rain stopped. The offense looked very sharp. Smith hit like 10 passes in a row and spread the ball around very well. We overcame to holding penalties on one of those long scoring drives.

I won't blame this on Reid. The raiders just got the best of us in this one. We had opportunities to win it. We just dug ourselves too deep early on.

Frosty 11-20-2014 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockachalk (Post 11133856)
tbh, I think the rain played a big part in what we could do on offense through the air in the first half. It looked like torrential rain at times in the first half. Hard to throw in that weather.

After the half, the rain stopped. The offense looked very sharp. Smith hit like 10 passes in a row and spread the ball around very well. We overcame to holding penalties on one of those long scoring drives.

I won't blame this on Reid. The raiders just got the best of us in this one. We had opportunities to win it. We just dug ourselves too deep early on.

The Raiders lack depth and were getting tired and sloppy on defense. Keep pounding the ball, especially once it was tied, and those runs would have started breaking. Instead, Reid got all pass happy and had to settle for only a 3 point lead that left a lot of time on the clock for the Raiders offense.

New World Order 11-20-2014 11:50 PM

Let's just sign Michael Vick

jjjayb 11-21-2014 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 11133314)
Charles couldn't get anything going on the ground

19 carries for 80 yards. Yeah. Horrible. :rolleyes: How many times does he have to run it in for a touchdown before Reid realizes he is our best weapon in the red zone? How many shitty throws, failure to throw at all when he has someone wide open and pants shitting plays does Smith need to make before Reid realizes Smith is not the answer in the red zone?

007 11-21-2014 04:31 AM

I just wish we could shoot the people that wanted Thursday games. ****in hate them.

kcxiv 11-21-2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11133114)
This offense has little outside of Charles.

Bowe gets double teamed. Stack the box. Offense solved.

Not sure what Smith can do or what Reid is going to do to shuffle the deck chairs... You can't build a doghouse without any nails. The offensive line is mediocre at best and Smith has about 1.5 weapons anybody has to worry about

They have a great ****ing weapon in Travic Kelce who they neglected until 5 min left in the 3rd quarter. He's there to open up the middle. When they opened it up with him. Guess what? he was open all day. They need to run him up the seems down the middle. The linebackers cant hang with him. Remember the preseason game when Kelce beat the Linebacker, but then again that was Chase throwing the football not Alex. No idea why Kelce dont get used more in the passing game. He should be getting close to 100 yards week in and week out. Yet, more then half the time he's on the sideline with Dee Ford and his clean jersey.

Another thing they need to play Ford a little bit, get him some experience. We can all See Tamba doesnt have the closing speed anymore. Its frustrating no doubt.

jallmon 11-21-2014 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11133130)
Parker

I don't get to watch alot of full Chiefs games here in Pgh, but have seen the last two. Parker has been beaten badly, or, if he manages to get close enough to the receiver, gets a PI call several times in both games.

Last week he gave the Seahawks a drive where he had several bad plays, but the D was able to overcome. Tonight, it seemed to me, he gave the Raiders the winning drive, and the touchdown catch.

To be fair, he did have a couple of good plays tonight, but the bad ones he gives up trumps the good ones. You know it's bad when the cameras focus on him on the bench. Damn that is frustrating.

Baby Lee 11-21-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11133297)
Screens are cool.

So are fades to the best player on the team whose ONE less than stellar trait is his height.

Chiefnj2 11-21-2014 07:11 AM

They played afraid in the first half.

Down 2 scores, kicking the ball off to start the second half, 3 time outs, against a winless team and you go into a shell to try the run the clock out? What are you afraid of? Scoring? Scaredy cat football. Game Over. It was obvious which team wanted it more.

ThaVirus 11-21-2014 09:37 AM

I was wondering where the misdirection was in the run game. Would have been nice to send DAT in motion more and run some counters. The rain likely would have put us at a huge advantage in those scenarios..