ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Sooooooo what was the point behind the London 'home' game again? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292119)

Easy 6 04-25-2015 11:32 AM

There is no point, its an attempted money grab that wont pan out like they hope it will... football was, and will remain, about as popular over there as soccer is here.

They're not going to make football some juggernaut over there no matter how hard they wish it to be so.

Bowser 04-25-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11458673)
Did the Chiefs reduce the price of season tickets by one game?

Heh, I'm pretty sure the price of everything got jacked up this season, including parking. Got to make up for the lost revenue of an empty Arrowhead somehow!

Yet another reason I'm ok with not being a STH right now. My list of demands keeps growing of they want me to return to being a STH...

1) Consistently win the AFC West (or at the very least be in the running through the season)

2) Consistently be a team capable of winning in the playoffs

3) Draft a QB that has a legitimate chance of being the face of the franchise

4) Stop playing games in foreign countries

tk13 04-25-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11458797)
There is no point, its an attempted money grab that wont pan out like they hope it will... football was, and will remain, about as popular over there as soccer is here.

They're not going to make football some juggernaut over there no matter how hard they wish it to be so.

I don't think football will ever be a juggernaut over there, but they can still make money. Same way hockey is huge in Canada, but they still have teams in Nashville, San Jose, etc. Even being the 4th or 5th popular sport in London would get them a lot of exposure.

007 04-25-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11458673)
Did the Chiefs reduce the price of season tickets by one game?

ROFL

Easy 6 04-25-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 11458847)
I don't think football will ever be a juggernaut over there, but they can still make money. Same way hockey is huge in Canada, but they still have teams in Nashville, San Jose, etc. Even being the 4th or 5th popular sport in London would get them a lot of exposure.

Thats a fair point I suppose, just really hate the idea that absolutely dominating the American sports market isnt enough for them... if they just HAVE to have more money, ring up two more expansion franchises here.

Leave the Rams where they are, give LA and, say, Charlotte NC expansion teams.

Discuss Thrower 04-25-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11458860)
Thats a fair point I suppose, just really hate the idea that absolutely dominating the American sports market isnt enough for them... if they just HAVE to have more money, ring up two more expansion franchises here.

Ummm Charlotte...?

Anyway, the NFL is ****ed on expansion because they can't adequately balance the schedule with more than 32 teams.

Bugeater 04-25-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11458860)

I don't see how any type of further expansion is a good idea, there's already too many teams and not enough players. In fact, I think whacking a couple and going to back to 6 divisions would do a lot to improve the quality of play, which obviously is not any concern to them.

RustShack 04-25-2015 12:08 PM

If you wanted the Super Bowl here, maybe you shouldn't have voted against the rolling roof.

Easy 6 04-25-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11458863)
Ummm Charlotte...?

Anyway, the NFL is ****ed on expansion because they can't adequately balance the schedule with more than 32 teams.

Yes, Charlotte.

Its big enough to support an NBA team, and without checking I'm pretty sure its just as big as Jacksonville... it was just a random city to use for an example anyway.

I would think the balancing the schedule part is very arguable, if they want to make it happen... they could make it happen.

Bugeater 04-25-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11458876)
Yes, Charlotte.

Its big enough to support an NBA team, and without checking I'm pretty sure its just as big as Jacksonville... it was just a random city to use for an example anyway.

I would think the balancing the schedule part is very arguable, if they want to make it happen... they could make it happen.

Dude...

Easy 6 04-25-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11458871)
I don't see how any type of further expansion is a good idea, there's already too many teams and not enough players. In fact, I think whacking a couple and going to back to 6 divisions would do a lot to improve the quality of play, which obviously is not any concern to them.

Sure there are some problematic things with it, but my focus was finding a way for the league to make more money without teams having to fly to London every freakin year... or God forbid actually have a team there, which is an idea they've actually spoken about.

Discuss Thrower 04-25-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11458878)
Dude...

So are you gonna tell him orrrrrrrrr

RustShack 04-25-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11458876)
Yes, Charlotte.

A second team in Charlotte?

Bugeater 04-25-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11458886)
So are you gonna tell him orrrrrrrrr

I like the guy and I don't want to make him feel dumb. Maybe he just woke from a 20 year nap?

bevischief 04-25-2015 12:20 PM

London Rams.