ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs CBS sports round 2 mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292253)

ToxSocks 05-01-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11471844)
Bullshit. He's not JUST a deep ball WR.

I don't understand how that guy can be so open, so deep, so often. Either he has the worlds best luck with busted coverages or he's simply that good at getting over the top of DB's.

Sully 05-01-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11471831)
You've been whacking it to Conley for a few days now. Why do you like him so much, Sully? In the 2nd of all rounds?

His measurables are off the charts.
He's a very smart kid.
He's got good size (And actually uses it well)
and just watch the middle (tunnel) screen he scores on vs Nebraska. He looks unreal. I know it's just one play, but I can't remember seeing a guy walk away from an entire defense like that.

The Franchise 05-01-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11471856)
It's certainly his forté. Didn't the guy average something ridiculous like 28 YPC?

Yep....28 YPC for the season. He had 12 TDs but would have had more but he had to slow up multiple times to come back to the ball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11471859)
I don't understand how that guy can be so open, so deep, so often. Either he has the worlds best luck with busted coverages or he's simply that good at getting over the top of DB's.

He's just that fast, I guess. We've been missing a legitimate deep threat since Avery got hurt.

ToxSocks 05-01-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11471869)
Yep....28 YPC for the season. He had 12 TDs but would have had more but he had to slow up multiple times to come back to the ball.

He's just that fast, I guess. We've been missing a legitimate deep threat since Avery got hurt.

He seems to play faster than he times, not that he times slow or anything. It looks like he tracks the deep ball real well. A true deep thread t stretch the field. When i watch him play though, I can picture him in a Seattle uniform.

Sully 05-01-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11471831)
You've been whacking it to Conley for a few days now. Why do you like him so much, Sully? In the 2nd of all rounds?

https://youtu.be/P4fbcN54bOQ

When I watch this video, here's what I'm seeing.

A guy with blazing speed, and great explosion.
A guy who uses his body well
- Look at how he walls off defenders on fades
- Look at how he rips past press cbs
A guy who (I know this sounds corny) friggin wants it. He doesn't go down easily, and I love that.

ViperVisor 05-01-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11471842)
Devin Smith just isn't the kind of receiver whose skills would be properly utilized in this offense.

He is best version of Donnie Avery right now with potential for more in some prospect projectors eyes.

Run deep. Or run and comeback. Or if the cushion is huge quick pass for some easy yards.

30-40 yards per game.

Frosty 05-01-2015 11:39 AM

One of my favorite college WR's is Rashad Greene from FSU. Any chance he would be there in the 3rd?

Brock 05-01-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11471842)
Devin Smith just isn't the kind of receiver whose skills would be properly utilized in this offense.

He's a receiver smith can't overthrow. Yes, he'd be great to have here.

ThaVirus 05-01-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11471904)
He's a receiver smith can't overthrow. Yes, he'd be great to have here.

LMAO Maybe you're right.

We'll have a slightly better chance of completing the six deep balls Smith will attempt this year.

ThaVirus 05-01-2015 11:55 AM

Shit. I just turned this into an Alex Smith thread.

Disregard my previous comment.

milkman 05-01-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11471918)
LMAO Maybe you're right.

We'll have a slightly better chance of completing the six deep balls Smith will attempt this year.

Alex Smith will never go crazy with it, but if you give him protection and a legitimate deep threat, he's shown he will take some shots.

KevB 05-01-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11471836)
This. The homers are losing it. Its a round or 2 early. Its a great story and if we get him in the third no issue.

The homers are seeing a guy that put up 3,700 yards and 29 TD's in his career in a power conference. A guy who ran a 4.4 40, runs great routes, catches the ball well, played outside in high level D1, was well coached and ran multiple routes, has great character and happens to play for a local team. You can't find anyone that watched him in games or going through the draft process that don't have great things to say about him. The one knock is his size, and the easy assumption that he can only be a slot guy. He can play outside, and his skills fit this offense.

All the mock drafts had Stephone Anothony, and Laken Tomlinson, and Cedric Ogbuehi going in the 2nd or even 3rd round. Just because mock drafts "put his value as a 3rd rounder" doesn't mean it's how the NFL actually values these guys. I expect Lockett to go in the 2nd round, so if we want him, we'll have to pull the trigger at 49. Obviously all of this is my own opinion and I could be 100% wrong. But that's why I want the Chiefs to take him, not because he was a Wildcat.

All that said ---- it would be really hard not to take Kendricks if he's there at 49. It's a deep WR draft, while LB falls off after the 4th/5th guy or so.

Rausch 05-01-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11471882)
One of my favorite college WR's is Rashad Greene from FSU. Any chance he would be there in the 3rd?

I think so. He's a bit small did have a few easy drops.

He and Crowder both might be there in the 3rd...

Brock 05-01-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11471918)
LMAO Maybe you're right.

Smith attempts more deep passes than he gets credit for. He just isn't very accurate with it, and IMO, he overthrows it a lot.

DJ's left nut 05-01-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 11471878)
He is best version of Donnie Avery right now with potential for more in some prospect projectors eyes.

Run deep. Or run and comeback. Or if the cushion is huge quick pass for some easy yards.

30-40 yards per game.

And teams still have to respect his deep speed so he creates space. It only takes one deep ball a game to change an outcome and whether or not Alex is a mad bomber, it's Devin that's going to earn respect because like I said, it just takes one shot downfield.

But I've said it 100 times - speed gets used in this offense a bunch of different ways and very few of them are running 9 routes. Devin Smith is so smooth out of his cuts that he's an absolutely stellar fit for us should he get that far.