ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Keto recipe depository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293918)

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-26-2016 12:16 PM

I'm interested for those of you that tried the Keto. Did you gain weight back when going off or were you able to keep it off ?

Fat Elvis 03-26-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12150280)
I'm interested for those of you that tried the Keto. Did you gain weight back when going off or were you able to keep it off ?

I've lost like 30 lbs since I started this thread....

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-26-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 12150585)
I've lost like 30 lbs since I started this thread....

Have you had to stay on Keto ?

Chief Northman 03-26-2016 06:54 PM

I think this diet is like any other with regards to weight gain after you go off of it.

I went on Keto last August/Sept for about 7 weeks. I lost 16 pounds. Lowered the caloric intake and used a food log app to keep me on track. Didn't change my exercise regimen which was light to moderate.
I had trouble committing to the diet once my work duties picked up in the Fall. 12+ hour work days until just recently hindered my ability to stay faithful to the diet, but that in all honesty is on me. My work commitment in regards to hours is more manageable now, so I'm looking to start again here soon.
I gained 11-12 pounds back after going off Keto about 6 months ago.

Fat Elvis 03-26-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12150669)
Have you had to stay on Keto ?

Yeah.

jspchief 03-27-2016 07:26 AM

Quote:

Of you go completely off, you still need to control your diet. Limiting calories and carbs is essential to keeping weight off. You can't just expect your body to treat your old eating habits different this time around.

58-4ever 03-27-2016 08:08 AM

I'm glad to find this thread. I'm going to start a Keto-type diet this week to see how it will make me feel. Mark Sisson wrote a book called the Primal Blueprint. It's very similar to keto in that it's high-fat, enough protein, no sugar. I don't really need to lose a bunch of weight but would like more energy.

Nzoner 03-27-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

I lost 82 lbs in 10 months and kept it off for a number of years by not going back to my full blown old habits.Its been 10 years now and I've put about 30 back on but recently I went back on and dropped 17 lbs in six weeks.

My biggest challenge is I love heavier beers and cannot stand domestic or lights etc.

IowaChiefs83 03-27-2016 11:32 AM

Make sure you're cooking everything in olive oil to optimize your fat intake.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-27-2016 02:15 PM

So does the focus need to be on Good Fats (Olive oil, Salmon , avacados ) to be most effective. I'm just having a hard time grasping the cholesterol issue with steak , bacon ect...

I've actually been trying it for 6 days now and have dropped 13 pounds but I'm noticing a few side affects and really don't want to die.

GloucesterChief 03-27-2016 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12152079)
So does the focus need to be on Good Fats (Olive oil, Salmon , avacados ) to be most effective. I'm just having a hard time grasping the cholesterol issue with steak , bacon ect...

I've actually been trying it for 6 days now and have dropped 13 pounds but I'm noticing a few side affects and really don't want to die.

Basically you should see you cholesterol go up and then head down below where it was before after about 3 or 4 months as your body turns to burning fat for the majority of its energy rather than carbs.

Chief Northman 03-27-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Farmer if you get through the first week to two weeks the spooky side effects go away. Don't fret too much if you plateau a bit from time to time with regards to weight loss. I was pleased with the amount of weight loss in a relatively short amount of time and the renewed energy I felt.

Will probably start another round of the diet after being off for about 6 months....

58-4ever 03-27-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaChiefs83 (Post 12151851)
Make sure you're cooking everything in olive oil to optimize your fat intake.

?? No, butter, or better yet, ghee is best... Or avocado oil

58-4ever 03-27-2016 02:46 PM

Quote:

There are a ton of studies that contend that Consuming Cholesterol doesn't necessarily result in higher bad cholesterol in your blood...

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-27-2016 02:58 PM

One thing I've noticed since cutting out carbs is the hunger cravings have gone away almost completely. Plus no beer which, I've been a heavy beer consumer for 20+ years.

For breakfast I;ve been filling a skillet up with raw spinach and it cooks down to about 1/2 cup then tossing in 3 eggs and topping with a little mozzarella cheese and 5 cherry tomatoes diced. Cherry tomatoes are 1 carb each. I about a 1/2 inch slice of REAL butter in the pan before hand.