ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden '17 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300405)

Hammock Parties 06-20-2016 07:17 PM

The new kick blocking stuff is balanced really well. Looks like you have an opportunity to block almost any kick if you time it right, but it comes with a significant chance of roughing the kicker.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yIs8f3zTIpY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 06-20-2016 07:29 PM

Clutch kicking/freeze kicker is shown at the end of this video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YWj5hrhFYm0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gonzo 06-20-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 12283274)
I agree completely except I'd like both 2K and EA (and maybe even more companies) to make NFL games instead of it being exclusive.

That's actually what I meant. The purchasers and the NFL would prosper even more if there was healthy competition instead of a monopoly. Can anyone tell me that more money would not be made if more than one company had the license? Would the products not be better?

Looks like madden is really hanging their hat on the new super uber block a kick feature that was common on the '05-'07 editions.
The graphics look identical to the 13-16 versions.

It's tiring and I refuse to play this turd until somethings done about this issue.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm about to say this but EA may need to take note of what Ubisoft is doing with assassins creed. Take a year off, show me something better. Imagine how good syndicate could've been if they had a whole year to perfect. I mean Christ, it was a good game but they packed way too many boring side missions into it.

Look at what SIG is doing with God of War... They took a couple years off and totally refined the game. It's similar but different too. That game will be something else.

Gonzo 06-20-2016 10:04 PM

Another bitch... You absolutely can't tell me that with the powerful consoles and pc's we have now, we can't have more realistic football games? I used to play NFL games more than anything before I became a pure game dork. Now? The only one I'll play really is MLB and maybe NHL.

I know they have the technology they just don't have the time. EA is like a mid 1700's land-owner. Whip those boys until your product is out making money.

It took some serious shit for them to approve the new battlefield 1. "Kids won't want to play a WW1 game." Was the exact quote. This is a game for adults according to the rating system. Therefore, idiots.

Hammock Parties 06-20-2016 11:54 PM

Madden is going to frostbite in the next year or two, and that is when you will see a complete graphical overhaul.

They have made a lot more changes than just "block a kick," though.

New World Order 06-21-2016 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12284207)
Madden is going to frostbite in the next year or two, and that is when you will see a complete graphical overhaul.

If that's true I'll definitely get 18. Fifa 17 is using frostbite and it looks amazing.

Gonzo 06-21-2016 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smellway (Post 12284207)

Why can't they do that now??? Oh right, nvmd.

Hammock Parties 06-21-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12284249)
Why can't they do that now??? Oh right, nvmd.

The problem with Madden has never been the graphics.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-21-2016 06:23 PM

Block kicks rarely happen in real games so i see this becoming a ridiculous glitch fest.

Aspengc8 06-21-2016 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12285009)
Block kicks rarely happen in real games so i see this becoming a ridiculous glitch fest.

The user has to time the snap in order to block. You can fake snap and get them off-sides almost every time.

Hammock Parties 06-22-2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12285009)

Nah I think they have this well balanced. In addition to the offsides penalty the chance to rough the kicker looks substantial.

I see people only using it when they absolutely have to block a kick or there is little risk in going for the attempt (i.e. end of half).

Sofa King 06-22-2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 12278021)
Its all well and good that they add new features. Hey, that's great....

However, the gameplay is what's important and it looks exactly the same every year. The same plays, the same graphics, the same commentary. On and on and on.

Don't ****ing tell me that they've hit the glass ceiling with this, either. Take a look at the MLB games. Every year the gameplay and graphics improve. The multiplayer improves as well.
I am so anti-madden now it's disgusting.

What the need to do is sell this year's copy with free roster DLC updates for next year and take a while to really improve the product.

Every year people defend this tripe. Oooh WOW! We can now edit a player mid season!
Yaay!

**** them. Give the license back to 2K sports and see what a real NFL game looks like.

Heard that!

Dayze 06-22-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12283146)
Damn, sound like you haven't played since around Madden 15'. Haven't seen a tackle slide across in a few years.

Yeah. I think I have 15 or 16. Which was a gift from my brother in law last year for my birthday. He wasn't aware of my Madden boycott. Lol. It was improved from my last copy which I think was '12 I think. But I can't imagine buying a new copy each year to arrive at what I have now with 15/16(I can't rmemenber).

That game, as it comes out now each year, should be a $35 game at best.

listopencil 06-22-2016 05:29 PM

This is how I feel about Madden, NSFW:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MAusMcu513U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 06-23-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12286181)
This is how I feel about Madden, NSFW:

So I shouldn't buy an out-dated console for $350 + $60 game + extra controller?