ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Charles and Houston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301466)

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12364612)
If we see them picking up an OLB or two during preseason, I think that'd tell us that the news on Houston isn't good. If we pretty much stay as is, then I'd guess they're thinking Houston might be ready mid-year-ish? Gotta admit, it doesn't sound good.

There won't be a single edge rusher, other than maybe Greg Hardy, that will be better than what's on their roster.

As I've said before, if they thought that Houston was going to miss a significant portion of the season, why didn't they sign Dwight Freeney?

RunKC 08-12-2016 01:21 PM

If we wait the full 9 months, he'll return against the Bucs at home in week 11. Hopefully he stays ahead of schedule and starts getting a few snaps in week 9 at home vs the Jags.

ToxSocks 08-12-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12364700)

As I've said before, if they thought that Houston was going to miss a significant portion of the season, why didn't they sign Dwight Freeney?

Because they re-signed Tamba Hali instead.

Kman34 08-12-2016 01:28 PM

Because it was a tear and not a full blown replacement.. I'm a little more optimistic he could be back by week 8.... I'm not a Dr but I did stay at a Holliday Express once...

Easy 6 08-12-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12364700)
There won't be a single edge rusher, other than maybe Greg Hardy, that will be better than what's on their roster.

I'm guessing its like RunKC alluded to, back when they could've made that move it looked like Houston was well on track in his recovery

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12364714)
Because they re-signed Tamba Hali instead.

Yeah but Freeney signed for $2 million in Atlanta recently.

Josh Mauga or Dwight Freeney?

NWTF 08-12-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 12364624)

It seems things were looking good back then so everyone jumped on the best case scenario return (6 months), but now that more time has passed its looking more like the average return (9 months) or later. Hes probably back in time for the last few games + playoffs.

DJ's left nut 08-12-2016 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 12364695)
Sign Greg Hardy....as an insurance policy. Perhaps he will take an incentive laden 1 year deal to set up for a big contract next season....

Let's grab Rae Carruth to play alongside Tyreke Hill while we're at it.

**** me, some of you guys are quick to sell your souls...

Easy 6 08-12-2016 02:21 PM

Yeah no thanks to Hardy

If Ford cant produce reasonably, Sutton will just have to work harder to manufacture sacks and pressures from the line and secondary

Mr. Laz 08-12-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12364824)
Yeah no thanks to Hardy

If Ford cant produce reasonably, Sutton will just have to work harder to manufacture sacks and pressures from the line and secondary

Oh boy, Sutton will just as likely rush 4, drop everyone else into coverage and just cross his fingers.

sedated 08-12-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 12364624)

Lies is correct

http://www.chiefsdigest.com/chiefs-j...extended-knee/

Houston sustained the PCL injury Burkholder mentioned during the playoff game against the Indianapolis Colts, but the current injury isn’t considered as serious

"He’s in the middle of the rehab process, he’s doing well and he’ll be on a day-to-day basis as we go forward here."

DJ's left nut 08-12-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12364826)
Oh boy, Sutton will just as likely rush 4, drop everyone else into coverage and just cross his fingers.

God help us.

Shit, rushing 4 might be too aggressive for him based on his Patriots performance.

I do think it's important that before we all start sucking each other's dicks that we remember that Bob Sutton was running the show when we gave the Patriots 8 yard cushions and spent most of the game sending 2 and dropping 9.

Our DC could very easily still be a dumb **** and if Houston's genuinely incapable of contributing this year, our ceiling is significantly diminished.

New World Order 08-12-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12364824)
Yeah no thanks to Hardy

Sutton isn't capable of this

ct 08-12-2016 02:29 PM

guess i'm not seeing the huge drama here

they were extremely optimistic at first, and now that reality sets in that he's not super human 6 month recovery from ACL surgery, a typical 9 month time frame puts him around early november, or say 8-10 weeks missed into the season.

put him on PUP, get him healthy, lets go with the guys who won 11 straight w/out him and be ready for playoff push in December.

Easy 6 08-12-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12364826)

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 12364837)
Sutton isn't capable of this

Eh, it may not be his strength, but he was with the Jets for the "muddle huddle" and all of the other Rex Ryan chicanery... he has contingency plans in his playbook I'm sure

And he is going to have to bust them out, I fear