ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ****Official 2016-17 NHL Regular Season Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=302758)

bricks 10-12-2016 09:02 PM

I think I'm gonna buy myself an Auston Matthews jersey. Kids gonna be special.

DaNewGuy 10-12-2016 09:13 PM

Sharks and Kings getting chippy. SJ just scored to tie it up

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2016 09:28 PM

Nice to whoop the Hawks ass on opening night

Pasta Little Brioni 10-12-2016 09:29 PM

Suuuuure you guys flew in from all across the country to see tha Penwagon raised ROFL

CaliforniaChief 10-13-2016 06:38 AM

Dean Lombardi on Jonathan Quick's injury last night:

"It's not good."

:facepalm:

DJ's left nut 10-13-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 12480415)

"It's not good."

Lombardi and I must have a different definition of 'good'...

CaliforniaChief 10-13-2016 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12480531)
Lombardi and I must have a different definition of 'good'...

Ouch!

Shag 10-13-2016 09:23 AM

Looking forward to a Wild win to start the season tonight. Sorry Blues, fans. ;)

The WC is going to be insane this year, which is going to be fun and stressful at the same time. Hoping the Wild can continue to improve, and their young guys and offense improve under Boudreau. Dubnyk needs to get back to the level he played two seasons ago.

Going to be really interesting to see how the character of this team changes under Boudreau, who has a much different approach than Yeo.

RockChalk 10-13-2016 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12480574)
Looking forward to a Wild win to start the season tonight. Sorry Blues, fans. ;)

The WC is going to be insane this year, which is going to be fun and stressful at the same time. Hoping the Wild can continue to improve, and their young guys and offense improve under Boudreau. Dubnyk needs to get back to the level he played two seasons ago.

Going to be really interesting to see how the character of this team changes under Boudreau, who has a much different approach than Yeo.

Going to be fun in my house tonight. Fiance is a diehard Wild fan. Shit-talking started at 4:50am the minute her alarm went off.

Yes, I'm blessed. We pretty much have hockey on every night from Mid-October until both of our teams flame out in the playoffs.

RockChalk 10-13-2016 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 12480415)

"It's not good."

Quick's injury is the hockey gods getting even for LA employing the biggest piece of shit in hockey (Dustin Brown, though Seabrook gets a very close honorable mention) for several years

CaliforniaChief 10-13-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 12480581)
Quick's injury is the hockey gods getting even for LA employing the biggest piece of shit in hockey (Dustin Brown, though Seabrook gets a very close honorable mention) for several years

Nah, the hockey gods have gotten even by having us stuck swallowing the rest of Dustin Brown's contract.

RockChalk 10-13-2016 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 12480585)
Nah, the hockey gods have gotten even by having us stuck swallowing the rest of Dustin Brown's contract.

fair enough

Honestly hoping for the best for Quick. I have no love for any of the Cali hockey teams, but Quick is not one of the guys I'd ever hope to see a serious injury for.

DJ's left nut 10-13-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 12480574)

Ugh.

You guys get Boudreau, we get Hitch Light.

****ing wonderful...

DJ's left nut 10-13-2016 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 12480581)

Andrew Shaw and Jordin Tootoo.

And of course, when the Hawks lost Shaw, they signed Tootoo. Because their quotient of raging assholes wasn't met once Shaw skipped town. **** the Blackhawks.

The Devils fan assured me that Tootoo found Jesus or something, but I don't buy it. He's still a ****stick and if he wasn't, the Blackhawks wouldn't have signed him.

RockChalk 10-13-2016 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12480603)
Andrew Shaw and Jordin Tootoo.

And of course, when the Hawks lost Shaw, they signed Tootoo. Because their quotient of raging assholes wasn't met once Shaw skipped town. **** the Blackhawks.

The Devils fan assured me that Tootoo found Jesus or something, but I don't buy it. He's still a ****stick and if he wasn't, the Blackhawks wouldn't have signed him.

For me, it's...

1) Brown
2) Seabrook
3) Perry
4) Anyone else on the Blackhawks (DJ is correct. Chicago must have at least 6 raging assholes signed to their roster at all times)