ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will the Weather Cause our Fate? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305116)

OldSchool 01-11-2017 03:08 PM

My issue with bad weather is that a slow field = slow pass rush.

Lzen 01-11-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 12675715)
keg gonna keg....

http://img.lum.dolimg.com/v1/images/...on=0,0,600,600

Sry, Kyle, I just had to do it.

ROYC75 01-11-2017 03:14 PM

Come on, we are HOME, we know our house, they don't.

Think back at how lost we were in their house! :rolleyes:

ptlyon 01-11-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12675746)

Maybe Harrison won't illegal hit smith then

OldSchool 01-11-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12675763)
Maybe Harrison won't illegal hit smith then

They'll still find a way to do that.

Chiefnj2 01-11-2017 03:20 PM

I'm fine with the bad weather. Bad weather will limit down field passing. Pitt has a better downfield passing attack, so it will affect their game plan more than KC's. KC will still use its short passing game.

ROYC75 01-11-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 12675746)

Field will be covered up until early that morning, hopefully the rain holds off on Sunday!

Aspengc8 01-11-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrund (Post 12675641)
I totally get that players decide games and both sides have to play in it blah, blah, blah. I am just saying that poor weather conditions (mainly freezing rain/rain) will make it harder to throw the ball around (which we will need to do to set up the run) and plays into the Steelers' strength, which happens to be our weakness.

Just would like are chances better with 35 degrees and dry IMO.

Your football logic is flawed. Bad weather will makes the offense more predictable. It's safer to keep a safety in the box, as the percentage of deep completions takes a nose dive. KC will plan to have an extra defender in the box most of the game to control the run, and make Ben try to throw deep in shitty conditions. Bad weather games makes winning the line of scrimmage even more important.

OldSchool 01-11-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12675779)
Your football logic is flawed. Bad weather will makes the offense more predictable. It's safer to keep a safety in the box, as the percentage of deep completions takes a nose dive. KC will plan to have an extra defender in the box most of the game to control the run, and make Ben try to throw deep in shitty conditions. Bad weather games makes winning the line of scrimmage even more important.

When was the last cold & rainy game that KC played in? I don't remember Smith really struggling that much with passing in the rain this season.

But, as others have already stated, it's the run game of ours that I worry about. Really haven't done shit on the ground all year long.

stevieray 01-11-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12675767)
I'm fine with the bad weather. Bad weather will limit down field passing. Pitt has a better downfield passing attack, so it will affect their game plan more than KC's. KC will still use its short passing game.

^^^^^

Simply Red 01-11-2017 03:30 PM

how come nobody is bringing up Pitts shit special teams in ANY of the threads?

carcosa 01-11-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12675793)

PREACH!!!

Simply Red 01-11-2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 12675803)
PREACH!!!

thank you.

kgrund 01-11-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 12675779)

There is nothing wrong with my football logic. I understand that the Chiefs could load the box to stop the run if the threat of the deep passing game is limited. However, I have doubts that if the Chiefs loaded the box and the Steelers brought in jumbo packages that we would consistently stuff that. I for one think they are a bit better along the line of scrimmage, which brings me back to my original thought that shitty conditions could likely play more into their hands.

OldSchool 01-11-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 12675793)

Because their special teams won't matter if our defense can't force them to punt.