ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet New Rules & Guidelines and Romper Room Description (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305711)

Hammock Parties 02-02-2017 06:05 PM

Outstanding. I bow to our new mods.

DaFace 02-02-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12723234)
Feels like the #1 new rule is absurdly subjective. The rest seem like existing rules. Which weren't the problem. It was the variation in enforcement of said rules. I'm also not understanding the point of the romper room.

Though it technically hasn't been decided to let anyone in particular back in, it's a way to let people who want to put up with the bullshit of people like Hootie and Clay have a place to do so.

stumppy 02-02-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12723198)
I wrote think that's pretty obvious

Cool, thats one of the main things I wanted.

threebag 02-02-2017 06:10 PM

**** romper room just ban the ****ers

Why coddle the asshats?

Fish 02-02-2017 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12723249)
Though it technically hasn't been decided to let anyone in particular back in, it's a way to let people who want to put up with the bullshit of people like Hootie and Clay have a place to do so.

A subforum to themselves? I mean, I don't understand the difference between that and a ban? How is it better than a simple ban? It sounds unnecessary.

DaFace 02-02-2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 12723260)
**** romper room just ban the ****ers

Why coddle the asshats?

It would effectively be a ban from everywhere except that forum, and those who don't want to have any interaction can just hide the forum from view.

srvy 02-02-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12723163)
As you guys all know, Daface mentioned changes were coming. Behind the scenes, we have all been discussing the future of Chiefsplanet. Please note that any changes being made are being done so for the sole purpose of making Chiefsplanet a better place.

One topic that continued to come up in the discussions was transparency. Overall, we believe transparency is a good thing, and we will take measures to be as transparent as possible with most decisions made by the moderators. We will also make attempts to openly discuss and ask for the opinions of the user base throughout the process of change. Which brings us to the first topic of discussion:

The Terms of Service needed a bit of an update. Below you will find the proposed updated TOS along with the associated punishments for breaking those TOS. There is also a description at the bottom of how we envision the Romper Room.

Please read over the new Rules & Guidelines and the description of the Romper Room.Then feel free to share your opinions and suggestions.

Lastly, we've also been discussing alternative names for the Romper Room, and a few of us thought it would be a great idea to see what you brilliant people could come up with. So, feel free to throw out name suggestions based on the description.

Thanks, guys.

Who made you king shit of turd towers[emoji3]

TimBone 02-02-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12723265)
A subforum to themselves? I mean, I don't understand the difference between that and a ban? How is it better than a simple ban? It sounds unnecessary.

To themselves, and anyone else who wants to go fling shit with them. All users are welcome to go there and post. But those members banned from the Lounge will only be allowed to post within the Romper Room.

ChiliConCarnage 02-02-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12723265)

Look at the people who respond to them. They're the real problem.. they must get something out of it though. I'm sure they'll want to go there and argue against a troll endlessly.

TimBone 02-02-2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 12723229)
What about DC moderation? Stays the same? I don't post in there although I do peruse it occasionally, just curious.

As of now, I believe the plan is to leave DC the way it is. Although, Daface took notes from the 'Make Chiefsplanet Great Again' thread, and those suggestions haven't been discussed yet. I'm not sure if there was anything about DC in there.

I do know one thing that was brought up about DC was about posting actual article headlines as thread titles when posting an article as a thread. I don't go into DC much, but that might be a good idea.

TimBone 02-02-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage (Post 12723278)
Look at the people who respond to them. They're the real problem.. they must get something out of it though. I'm sure they'll want to go there and argue against a troll endlessly.

Yeah, kinda this. If Clay comes back (as himself), I would picture him and Tiger endlessly slap fighting each other there instead of the Lounge.

Fish 02-02-2017 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12723277)
To themselves, and anyone else who wants to go fling shit with them. All users are welcome to go there and post. But those members banned from the Lounge will only be allowed to post within the Romper Room.

Ah. I get it. Thanks. I guess I never considered anyone would want to go to a subforum only populated by people being punished for acting like a douche. Could it be like a trap thing where normal posters get stuck for a while for voluntarily visiting? Because it's just gonna be unbanned douches arguing with romper room douches. Put some flypaper down or something please.

SAUTO 02-02-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12723243)
Damn. Dane is going to have a rough time posting on CP with all these rules.

NO he's not.

Dayze 02-02-2017 06:31 PM

Secure Housing Unit, or "The SHU"

SAUTO 02-02-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12723290)
Ah. I get it. Thanks. I guess I never considered anyone would want to go to a subforum only populated by people being punished for acting like a douche. Could it be like a trap thing where normal posters get stuck for a while for voluntarily visiting? Because it's just gonna be unbanned douches arguing with romper room douches. Put some flypaper down or something please.

No it's not a trap. It's letting the rest of the forum decide for themselves whether to interact with them or not.