ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Carpet Installer Screw Up Question... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308105)

petegz28 06-07-2017 11:20 AM

Manager from the place I purchased the carpet is coming out today to look at the seam(s). He has to determine if it is a problem with the carpet or a problem with the install. Dare I say both but I won't be surprised when they point the finger at the installer. Considering the seam never should have been done that way, they have the carpet stretched "tighter than a trampoline" and you feel something under the carpet the length of the seam, I'd say it was a shit job.

Ming the Merciless 06-07-2017 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12906057)
Manager from the place I purchased the carpet is coming out today to look at the seam(s). He has to determine if it is a problem with the carpet or a problem with the install. Dare I say both but I won't be surprised when they point the finger at the installer. Considering the seam never should have been done that way, they have the carpet stretched "tighter than a trampoline" and you feel something under the carpet the length of the seam, I'd say it was a shit job.

well hopefully they will help u get it sorted out...you bought so much extra, that they shouldnt need to stretch it that tight....and you shouldnt have had to buy that much extra padding, since it doesnt matter where the seams go on the pad....also the installation rate should be on the size of the rooms/stairs, not the carpet u bought....

all in all i agree it points to bad installer....

I hope you get this sorted out man...this kinda stuff pisses me off..there is really no reason for it other than them trying to make a quick buck...or maybe the guy is on dope or something...

best of luck man

petegz28 06-07-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12906070)
well hopefully they will help u get it sorted out...you bought so much extra, that they shouldnt need to stretch it that tight....and you shouldnt have had to buy that much extra padding, since it doesnt matter where the seams go on the pad....also the installation rate should be on the size of the rooms/stairs, not the carpet u bought....

I hope you get this sorted out man...this kinda stuff pisses me off..there is really no reason for it other than them trying to make a quick buck...or maybe the guy is on dope or something...

best of luck man

yeah, iirc, the installer said something about running a seam there to save buying extra carpet or something I don't know. They didn't have a lot left over that's for sure. Either way, what sucks is I won't be able to be there when this guy comes out today. My Wife, who can be a real bitch about these things, wll be and I told her that under no circumstance is there to be a 3rd party blame, i.e. Me. It is either the carpet or the install job. Do not accept anything else.

petegz28 06-07-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12906070)

best of luck man

I am also curious as to exactly WTF I am feeling under the carpet along the seams? It's like the edges of the carpet are sitting on top of something.

petegz28 06-07-2017 03:27 PM

So the carpet manager came out and I guess immediately stated the seams were done like shit. As far as laying a seam across the floor he said he couldn't say he would do it differently because the place where the seam would have to go in the other room would be in front of a slider and with the light, etc he wouldn't like that.

Also said there are "hard pieces" under the seams from overheating I guess and that the rest is just tape that will go down after a bit. Said the installer needs to re-do the seams and if it's not to our liking they will re-order the carpet but I have to pay for a different installer which will cost me about $300

mikeyis4dcats. 06-07-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12906535)
So the carpet manager came out and I guess immediately stated the seams were done like shit. As far as laying a seam across the floor he said he couldn't say he would do it differently because the place where the seam would have to go in the other room would be in front of a slider and with the light, etc he wouldn't like that.

Also said there are "hard pieces" under the seams from overheating I guess and that the rest is just tape that will go down after a bit. Said the installer needs to re-do the seams and if it's not to our liking they will re-order the carpet but I have to pay for a different installer which will cost me about $300

you shouldn't have to accept damaged material at the seams due to installer negligence. Push for full replacement at their cost.

mikeyis4dcats. 06-07-2017 03:48 PM

if you paid by credit card you have chargeback as leverage. If not, then a) why did you pay in full before accepting install and b) you don't have much leverage

petegz28 06-07-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 12906583)
if you paid by credit card you have chargeback as leverage. If not, then a) why did you pay in full before accepting install and b) you don't have much leverage

Not getting into why we paid. We didn't pay until they fixed the seam the first time and it looked good for about 4 hours. I just told you that they are going to reorder the carpet if I don't like the next attempt at fixing the seams. And if I understand them right, which I am waiting to clarify, I may not even have to do that. But I have to pay for the install if it is done by someone else.

scorpio 06-07-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12906075)
yeah, iirc, the installer said something about running a seam there to save buying extra carpet or something I don't know. They didn't have a lot left over that's for sure. Either way, what sucks is I won't be able to be there when this guy comes out today. My Wife, who can be a real bitch about these things, wll be and I told her that under no circumstance is there to be a 3rd party blame, i.e. Me. It is either the carpet or the install job. Do not accept anything else.

Are you on drugs? how can you not remember this very important conversation? If you say you don't remember and the contractor says he does, he wins in a legal setting.

SAUTO 06-07-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12903174)
True but he gets drug through the mud doing so. I am fully prepared for him to tell me to **** off but he depends on word of mouth for his business so, he won't be helping himself, that's for sure. If I wanted to be a real prick I could put a lien on his house or business assuming I won in court and he didn't want to pay.

And then you have to pay to keep the lein up too iirc.

petegz28 06-07-2017 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpio (Post 12906610)
Are you on drugs? how can you not remember this very important conversation? If you say you don't remember and the contractor says he does, he wins in a legal setting.

Politely **** off

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

srvy 06-07-2017 06:33 PM

Damn Pete what a freaking mess contractor had to be a rookie and used to much hot glue. Also possible over stretched.

scorpio 06-07-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 12906840)
Politely **** off

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry, I can't help someone who is chronically dumb.

scorpio 06-07-2017 06:47 PM

Willfully stupid. You cost yourself hundreds of extra dollars (if only that) because you are an idiot.

scorpio 06-07-2017 06:50 PM

How did you let another man take advantage of you like that?

Not sure I could face my wife.