ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Contenders or pretenders? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310834)

DJ's left nut 10-15-2017 05:28 PM

Soul of a semi-finalist.

Losing is in this franchise's DNA. I'll continue to root for them but the bottom line is that this team will never win a ****ing thing.

Pretenders is giving them too much credit. They're the bit players in someone else's story.

tk13 10-15-2017 05:29 PM

We're easily still contenders. This looks like one of those years where there isn't a dominant team or two. You can't tell me the Patriots looked good today. The Falcons collapsed against Jay Cutler. The Packers just lost Rodgers for the season. It's pretty wide open thus far.

TEX 10-15-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13153380)
Contenders. So are the Steelers. The O-Line and the offense as a whole will be better when Morse and LDT get back. Possibly Ehinger too.

Yep. As long as we can avoid Pitt, KC will be ok. But that run defense sure is soft.

Eleazar 10-15-2017 05:30 PM

Pretenders.

This team is no better than last year.

CupidStunt 10-15-2017 05:31 PM

We're contenders -- the AFC and overall the NFL is quite terrible really. But in most years, we'd be total frauds. This is a deeply flawed team. Even IF Smiff gets it back together, which is highly questionable, the OL is ****ing terrible which dictates a lot of the passing scheme, and we don't have the overall receiving core to dominate matchups -- just a lot of good coaching, scheming, etc. Which is gonna fail a lot on days where the opponent shows up, like today.

If we meet the Pats in the playoffs, it should probably be a 30-27 type game, and I ain't taking Smiff against Brady in the playoffs. If we meet the Steelers, well, LOL. Any other team? Who knows. That's the thing, the whole conference is shit.

FlaChief58 10-15-2017 05:32 PM

We'll likely see them again in the playoffs. Pretenders

KC_Connection 10-15-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13153430)
Still contenders but clearly not the front runners.

The Steelers obviously have the keys to the city and I'm not sure we beat NE or Denver in Denver in January when it matters.

Denver isn't actually good. The other two, yeah, KC will probably lose again to either one.

PunkinDrublic 10-15-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 13153380)
Contenders. So are the Steelers. The O-Line and the offense as a whole will be better when Morse and LDT get back. Possibly Ehinger too.

I don't think Pittsburgh can keep this up. Pittsburgh needed this game more than we did. Rapistburger through a flukey TD that should've been a pic 6. The Steelers have Laveon Bell, a killer defense and that's about it.

TEX 10-15-2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 13153430)
Still contenders but clearly not the front runners.

The Steelers obviously have the keys to the city and I'm not sure we beat NE or Denver in Denver in January when it matters.

Yep. Pitt will beat KC every time because they can run all over this defense. But they'll get beat if you can stop their run game. Jacksonville made it look easy in Pittsburgh. KC needs to be able to stop the run better or another early playoff exit is likely.

Buck 10-15-2017 05:36 PM

Lose 1 game, think that means your team is bad.

lol

fan4ever 10-15-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 13152940)
Half and half. Our lines and secondary will stop us from being a serious contender. We play soft. That is on Andy.

Berry being out also...strange how one guy can bring attitude and affect other players...the secondary has been tackling like a bunch of bitches since Berry was injured.

PunkinDrublic 10-15-2017 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 13153553)
Lose 1 game, think that means your team is bad.

lol

Yup. Leave it to the charger fan to give us a little wisdom. Reading some of these bleeding vaginas posts after a loss just proves how ****ing clueless most fans are.

Red Dawg 10-15-2017 05:45 PM

Apparently Comnely and Wilson are really important. We teally sucked wotthout them.

oaklandhater 10-15-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 13152147)
BOB SUTTON BACK ONTO SANKA...CHIEFS DEFENSE BACK TO SUCKAGE

How are people ripping on the D and giving Alex a free pass it blows my mind.

notorious 10-15-2017 05:46 PM

With this version of Alex and the OLine they are pretenders.

Bad game, hope they can move on, but damn what a missed chance to steal a game.