ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football How do you feel about NFL being sued by Kaepernick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310859)

Frazod 10-15-2017 11:38 PM

If they league loses, do they have to MAKE somebody sign the sonofabitch? How would that work? A lottery drawing where everybody has a ball (except New England, of course) and the loser gets him? LMAO

Gadzooks 10-15-2017 11:40 PM

The only thing I don't like about football is the NFL.
It used to be the NFL owner's would've clamped down on this type of shit as is their right as employers. Now-a-days, if it makes headlines, go with it. Politics are popular so let's bring it into our sport to get more exposure.
They have a breast cancer month where everyone wears pink and 15% of the money goes towards breast cancer research. Katy Perry, Coldplay, Beyonce, Madonna as Super Bowl half-time shows? Are we 12 year old girls?
The NFL is killing itself in the name of popularity and, more importantly, profits. This isn't sustainable.

kjwood75nro 10-15-2017 11:43 PM

Every company in any state has a caustic, loudmouth, semi-competent load of bullshit and baggage that can claim to be slightly more competent than the absolute bottom-tier of said company.

So what?

Frazod 10-15-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 13155409)
The only thing I don't like about football is the NFL.
It used to be the NFL owner's would've clamped down on this type of shit as is their right as employers. Now-a-days, if it makes headlines, go with it. Politics are popular so let's bring it into our sport to get more exposure.
They have a breast cancer month where everyone wears pink and 15% of the money goes towards breast cancer research. Katy Perry, Coldplay, Beyonce, Madonna as Super Bowl half-time shows? Are we 12 year old girls?
The NFL is killing itself in the name of popularity and, more importantly, profits. This isn't sustainable.

At least they've finally got the message with that pink shit. Thank God.

Mile High Mania 10-15-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13155407)
If they league loses, do they have to MAKE somebody sign the sonofabitch? How would that work? A lottery drawing where everybody has a ball (except New England, of course) and the loser gets him? LMAO

I've heard commentators say that at least 1 team made him a backup offer... if true, how does that not negate the claim?

BryanBusby 10-15-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13155415)
I've heard commentators say that at least 1 team made him a backup offer... if true, how does that not negate the claim?

Ah, no.

If Kaep wins his case, the owners are in some very serious shit. They need to hope Irsay didn't send a bunch of emails after swallowing a handful of pills.

Outside of that, this is nothing more but a PR stunt.

TribalElder 10-15-2017 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13155291)
Mark John Geragos is an Armenian-American criminal defense lawyer. Clients that he has represented include Michael Jackson, actress Winona Ryder, politician Gary Condit, Susan McDougal, and Scott Peterson. He was also involved in the Whitewater controversy. Geragos represented suspended NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield; Paul and Kulbir Dhaliwal, two brothers injured after a tiger escaped in San Francisco Zoo; and musician Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty in the assault of his then girlfriend Rihanna. In addition, he assisted the family of David Carradine in the aftermath of his accidental auto-erotic death.

Geragos & Geragos official statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMOAghJV4AEZ9pS.jpg

Quote:

I thought I heard someone say the cba would be invalidated if the league loses

BryanBusby 10-15-2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13155422)

It would be and you could be damn certain that the players will go for blood in the next deal. In that case, an NFL season may not happen.

aturnis 10-16-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

This.

This move isn't about him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mile High Mania 10-16-2017 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 13155429)
This.

This move isn't about him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, he's decided to be a one-man wrecking ball...

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

No, he just has to prove what it cost him and then X by 3. $10M= $30M

I have no idea if he can get expected career earning but I am sure that after collusion is proved this will become very important to both parties.

Mile High Mania 10-16-2017 12:09 AM

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/15/co...it-against-nfl

And, does this matter?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...lin-kaepernick

Here's the relevant wording of the CBA's "burden of proof" for collusion:

"The failure by a club or clubs to negotiate, to submit offer sheets, or to sign contracts with restricted free agents or transition players, or to negotiate, make offers, or sign contracts for the playing services of such players or unrestricted free agents, shall not, by itself or in combination only with evidence about the playing skills of the player(s) not receiving any such offer or contract, satisfy the burden of proof set forth …"

Kaepernick began sitting or kneeling during the national anthem while with the San Francisco 49ers in August 2016, protesting what he said was police brutality and racism. He has remained unemployed since opting out of his contract in March.

He wouldn't be 'unsigned' had he not opted out... and are any of the other players that have taken a knee been cut?

BryanBusby 10-16-2017 12:15 AM

The 49ers were not keeping him, so at the time it made sense to get an early start on FA.

Looking back, they should have just kept him.

Mile High Mania 10-16-2017 12:18 AM

I think it's all a 30 year plan by Trump to seek his ultimate revenge on the NFL... that's what his entire run for office was about. And, he's created this situation with Kaepernick. Way back in 1990, when they delivered the check for $3 in the settlement, he decided there was only one way to win.

cooper barrett 10-16-2017 12:34 AM

Quote:

Article 17 of the CBA,

Section 16. Termination: The NFLPA shall have the right to terminate this Agreement,
under the following circumstances:
(a) Where there has been a finding or [mdings of one or more instances of a
violation of Section 1 of this Article with respect to any one NFL season which, either
individually or in total, involved five or more Clubs and caused injury to 20 or more
players; or
(b) Where there has been a finding or findings of one or more instances of a
violation of Section 1 of this Article with respect to any two consecutive NFL seasons
which, either individually or in total, involved seven or more Clubs and caused injury to
28 or more players. For purposes of this Subsection 16(b), a player found to have been
injured by a violation of Section 1 of this Article in each of two consecutive seasons shall
be counted as an additional player injured by such a violation for each such NFL season;
or
(c) Where, in a proceeding brought by the NFLP A, it is shown by clear and
convincing evidence that 14 or more Clubs have engaged in a violation or violations of
Section 1 of this Article causing injury to one or more NFL players.
(d) In order to terminate this Agreement:
�) The proceeding must be brought by the NFLP A;
(ii) The NFL and the System Arbitrator must be informed at the outset of
any such proceeding that the NFLP A is proceeding under this Section for the purpose
of establishing its entidement to terminate this Agreement; and
�) The System Arbitrator must find that the Clubs engaged in willful collusion
with the intent of restraining competition among teams for players.