ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If Andy finishes the season 6-10 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312135)

Gary 12-07-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13266631)
Bob Sutton needs to be fired, not Andy. Our defense is the worst in the NFL. Also I think Peters is a drag on our team, his effort is bad and his attitude is worse. It undermines the coaches.

The Browns have I believe two 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks. Wonder if we could get a 1st back for Peters?

Gravedigger 12-07-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary (Post 13267215)
The Browns have I believe two 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks. Wonder if we could get a 1st back for Peters?

A second is more likely, would have to be a good sell to a desperate team to get a first. His stats support a first, his behavior drops him down a few rounds. Maybe a 2 and a 5 or some combination of picks.

pugsnotdrugs19 12-07-2017 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13267219)
A second is more likely, would have to be a good sell to a desperate team to get a first. His stats support a first, his behavior drops him down a few rounds. Maybe a 2 and a 5 or some combination of picks.

My bet was a 2nd and a 3rd. Probably just depends where the other team is at. If it's Dallas and they think they are a corner away from the SB, you can probably get their 1st. If it's Cleveland and they have a long ways to go, you probably can't even get the trade deal but if you do it would be for a combo of picks after the 1st round.

oldman 12-07-2017 09:07 AM

No, and quit that nonsense. Let's face it,we've had 3 coaches worth a damn in the history of this franchise and Andy is one of them. I'll agree Sutton needs to go as well as a couple others. Even if we go 8-8 or 7-9 next year with Mahomes and the new blood on D (figuring Hali, DJ, and Ford are gone), I'd still give him another year.

Shaid 12-07-2017 09:26 AM

Start with a new DC. You put Mahomes in there and Andy's offense will suddenly look a whole lot better. There'll be dumb ass plays but it'll still be better overall.

tatorhog 12-07-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 13266465)
I don't believe he would be fired. As frustrating as he has been I am glad to see that he has given the play calling to the OC and as long as he will continue that I would like to see him stay unless there is some other great option that is good with/for young QBs.

not necessarily the case. Its a week by week thing. If he feels like it, he'll butt back in and start calling for his safe zone passes to the flat 47% of the time.

saphojunkie 12-07-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13266469)
Deserves another season with Alex, Sutton, Gaines, Zombo and Sorensen all out of KC.

They're all here at his bidding, though.

saphojunkie 12-07-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 13267219)

Let's hope Dorsey takes over :)

Also, no... Andy will not and should not be fired after this year, period. Now, I do think taking away play calling duties is an absolute must, if for NO OTHER REASON than it saves 4 seconds on the playclock... every play.

arrwheader 12-07-2017 10:30 AM

Andy Reid is a good football coach. One of the best. I don't get why there's any talk of firing him. Andy has flaws but his good qualities as a coach far outweigh his negatives. This season has gone down a shit path so far but a lot of things haven't bounced our way. We are a couple of calls/balls going the other way from winning a few more of our losses.

Remember when we used to luck out and win games by the D getting a pick or something like that? That's not happening so far this year, if you want to blame some one its Bob and Dorsey for bringing in shit talent and shit scheme/coaching. Not drafting an actual corner in years ****ed us. It's showing and Sutton has lost the D.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-07-2017 10:47 AM

It's the life of an NFL team not QBd by a Manning, Brady type. We simply don't get the calls in close games to sustain wins year after year. Lots of close losses. Remember when Manning got 3 bogus PI calls on the final drive to tie at Arrowhead. THAT was the difference maker in them winning the division his final year...Jets beat NE this year if not for a phantom fumble.

beach tribe 12-07-2017 11:25 AM

You guys think too much with your emotions.
There is no way Andy is or should be fired until after Mahomes has had 2 full seasons.
Do you really want Mahomes learning a new offense next season??
Maybe we should ruin him like SF did Alex and give him a new OC every season so he's unsure of himself and loses that huge set of nuts he's toting around.
Firing Andy would be a huge **** up where Mahomes is concerned.
We saw what the offense looks like when it's run correctly early in the season.

The Franchise 12-07-2017 11:26 AM

Andy should be on the hot seat if he refuses to get rid of Sutton.

jLoy88 12-07-2017 11:32 AM

Fire Bob Sutton.
Cut Justin Houston.

Team is fixed.

notorious 12-07-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 13267472)
Andy should be on the hot seat if he refuses to get rid of Sutton.

Reid will give up complex carbohydrates before he gives up Sutton.

Red Dawg 12-07-2017 11:32 AM

At some point the Sutton conversation will be had with Veech and Clark. I can't imagine he will be retained. I doubt many players believe in him anymore.