ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Offseason Planet Evaluation: Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313340)

NJChiefsFan 01-18-2018 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13369185)
3 people gave him an A+.

Sigh.

And 3 gave him an F. A perfect image of the unreasonable extremes.

jjchieffan 01-18-2018 08:57 PM

I think that the most ignorant answer was by the 6 morons that said they would trade him for a bottle of Pibb. That's just stupid. We can get way more than that. Taking nothing just to have him off the team is about as dumb of a take as I've seen on here.

carcosa 01-18-2018 09:09 PM

BYE ALEX

GayFrogs 01-18-2018 09:22 PM

Played well except when it mattered the most. GTFO

ThaVirus 01-18-2018 10:27 PM

He's been the guy for five seasons now and we've got exactly jack and shit to show for it. In that time we've had elite defenses, elite running backs, an elite tight end, an elite deep threat WR, elite special teams and a couple pretty damned good OLs. There are no more excuses. He just doesn't have what it's takes to get the job done.

Next man up.

The Franchise 01-18-2018 10:33 PM

He was a B. His ceiling is a B. Get the **** off the team.

RunKC 01-18-2018 10:55 PM

A+

Had his best year as a pro, had the highest QBR in the league and another pro bowl. We wanted him to pad that resume for trade value and he couldn’t have done that any better.

Great job Alex!

BlackHelicopters 01-19-2018 06:15 AM

F. Ultimate goal not achieved. Failure is not an option. Smith has been a miserable failure since arriving here. Only thing that matters is winning SB.

jjchieffan 01-19-2018 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 13369624)
F. Ultimate goal not achieved. Failure is not an option. Smith has been a miserable failure since arriving here. Only thing that matters is winning SB.

So I guess by that logic that you give an F to 31 quarterbacks every year? Does Jared Goff get an F? His team went home short of the goal. How about Drew Brees? Yeah, he has a ring. But not this year. His was a long time ago. Better give him an F too.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-19-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13368969)
I foresee a bunch of liars in this poll. There will be several who say that Smith performed below their expectations just to be hateful. Any honest answer would have to say exceeded my expectations because nobody expected to see Smith top 4000 yards and throw 26 touchdowns.

Yep and Led the league in total yards per game.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 01-19-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13369035)
Greatly exceeded my expectations, with his bullshit run of stats.

F for being the first Chiefs QB to lose TWO playoff games at HOME, and for being a pathetic 9-7, engineered almost solely by the four games he blew at the end.

Get OFF the TEAM you CUCK.

Somebody mad ROFL

Enjoy the off-season

Coochie liquor 01-19-2018 07:01 AM

I gave him an A, greatly exceeded my expectation, he’s stable, want him off the team, traded for a mid 2nd rounder, and I will always choose the great pyramid over the Great Wall!

Mile High Mania 01-19-2018 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13369035)
F for being the first Chiefs QB to lose TWO playoff games at HOME...

To be fair, the last playoff game win @ Arrowhead was '93 vs Steelers right? KC has played what ... 6 home games since the 1993 playoffs?

Montana has that last home win vs PIT, the next QBs to start in the playoffs at home... Bono, Grbac, Green, Cassel...

So, while your statement is true - Smith was the first to start in 2 home playoff games as well. And, he did break the losing curse for KC.

KC only has 2 home playoff games as a franchise, right - DeBerg and Montana. So, you're giving Alex an F for not doubling that total... just seems weird.

notorious 01-19-2018 07:23 AM

Alex is the student that gets straight-A’s because he is book-smart and studies his ass off.

He becomes the dumbest kid in class when you ask him a question that requires reasoning and critical thinking on the fly.

Hammock Parties 01-19-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13369643)
So, while your statement is true - Smith was the first to start in 2 home playoff games as well. And, he did break the losing curse for KC.

No, he didn't.

The defense did that.

Quote:

KC only has 2 home playoff games as a franchise, right - DeBerg and Montana. So, you're giving Alex an F for not doubling that total... just seems weird.
It's not weird. This team was laid out before him on a silver platter.

He wasted one of the best opportunities in franchise history.

Forget the two home playoff games he blew. WE HAD A TOP 5 DEFENSE AND RUSHING ATTACK AND HE DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ONE YEAR.