ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs hope big gamble on Patrick Mahomes pays off (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316290)

KChiefs1 07-18-2018 11:49 AM

Big gamble?!?!?!?!?!?

MMXcalibur 07-18-2018 12:00 PM

If Mahomes is as good as we've all been led to believe, this is going to be an awesome offense for the foreseeable future.

Stryker 07-18-2018 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13634010)
I think at least in this first year, there may be a couple of bad games where he throws 3-4 picks. HOWEVER...

I don’t think there will be many weeks, if any, where the offense really struggles to score points or move the ball like we have saw in the past with Smith.

I'm thinking Chargers, Steelers, 49ers, Jags and Patriots could be his toughest games. If he can do well in these games than we should be on a roll!

KChiefs1 07-18-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs lost seven games last season, including playoffs. Only one of those losses was by more than seven points.

That was a 28-17 loss at the Dallas Cowboys, and the Chiefs led that game deep into the third quarter. The Chiefs lost six of seven games in a midseason lull, but a lot of bad luck was involved. Don’t forget that the Chiefs were considered Super Bowl favorites when they were 5-0. They had a great win at the Patriots, then beat the eventual champion Eagles, Chargers, Redskins and the Deshaun Watson-led Texans. The Chiefs have the potential to be one of the NFL’s best teams, as long as Patrick Mahomes plays well.
Very underrated information.

Otter 07-18-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13634033)
Yes it was.

Will you dickwads give it a ****ing break? He's gone and so are his fanboise.</br></br>I think I speak for 99% of the board when I say STFU already. You asshats ruined enough conversations.</br></br>We get it.

Otter 07-18-2018 12:08 PM

Mahomes is as safe a bet you can get with a 'rookie' QB. From physical tools, to mentality, to talent, to coaching, to the talent surrounding him. The guy has every reason in the world to succeed.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-18-2018 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 13634101)
I'm thinking Chargers, Steelers, 49ers, Jags and Patriots could be his toughest games. If he can do well in these games than we should be on a roll!

I like that those games are early. Gives Andy a chance to throw a bunch of stuff at them before teams can get a real feel of what we’re going to be doing on offense each week. The ‘tape’ won’t be out quite yet, you might say.

Stryker 07-18-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13634200)
I like that those games are early. Gives Andy a chance to throw a bunch of stuff at them before teams can get a real feel of what we’re going to be doing on offense each week. The ‘tape’ won’t be out quite yet, you might say.

Good point.

ptlyon 07-18-2018 01:08 PM

Bombs to reek cannot be defended

Simply Red 07-18-2018 01:15 PM

Nagy may be gone but he left a blueprint - one in which a decent football mind could replicate - plus IIRC he wasn't always 'brilliant' himself.

RealSNR 07-18-2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 13634113)
Will you dickwads give it a ****ing break? He's gone and so are his fanboise.</br></br>I think I speak for 99% of the board when I say STFU already. You asshats ruined enough conversations.</br></br>We get it.

I didn't bring up Alex. This author did. I'm criticizing the author's article.

So, no.

raybec 4 07-18-2018 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13633810)
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks the Chiefs defense could actually be pretty good this year

If they can generate a pass rush, they have a shot to be decent. If they're as terrible as they were last year at rushing the passer it will be tough sledding.

BWillie 07-18-2018 01:59 PM

I mean, it is a gamble. How many rookie QBs come out dominating right out of the gate? Mahomes could be Aaron Rodgers, or he could be Jay Cutler. We don't really know. Anyone that says they know, FOR SURE, is foolish. Personally I think it is a good gamble, because we know the peak of this team with Alex Smith. And it isn't a super bowl.

Best22 07-18-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 13634101)

Who are the 49ers?

:hmmm:

RaidersOftheCellar 07-18-2018 02:28 PM

Nah, it's no gamble. It's possible they regress by a game or two this year but it's far more likely to be due to defense and schedule than Mahomes.

Let's quit pussyfooting around...we all expect 10+ wins and a decent playoff run. Next year (if they make the right moves) is SB or bust. Perennial contender for 10-15 years.

When Andy and Veach started swinging their dicks, that was our cue.