ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Looking for some advice regarding exhaust. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317248)

Molitoth 09-07-2018 10:49 AM

I've always been a fan of Borla.

https://www.borla.com/products/300c_...t__140443.html

hometeam 09-07-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13713418)
Black Widow exhaust is the best. Best we've used at least. Spintech is pretty good too. But those will be universal applications. If you're looking for a product that says "2015 Charger R/T" in the description, that aint it. But if you're giving the car to an experienced exhaust shop it shouldn't matter anyway.

Just stay away from Flowmaster, Magnaflow etc.

Also, avoid using those cheap metal hangers that some exhaust shops like to use. Over time they rust and snap. Sometimes they'll leave the exhaust hanging loose and your exhaust will rattle.

I'm a retailer for Black Widow. I can get that other stuff like Flowmaster etc, but meh, i wouldn't feel good selling that to you.

You'll find plenty of people who swear by those main stream mufflers, but a lot of time the average joe doesn't know any better.

It's kinda like ****ing your first 'gina. Of course it was great. You never had vagina before so you have no other vagina to compare it to yet. But there's better vaginas out there.

Black widow is one of the best sounding on the market, I dont think you can go wrong on any car.

lewdog 09-07-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13713418)
Black Widow exhaust is the best. Best we've used at least. Spintech is pretty good too. But those will be universal applications. If you're looking for a product that says "2015 Charger R/T" in the description, that aint it. But if you're giving the car to an experienced exhaust shop it shouldn't matter anyway.

Just stay away from Flowmaster, Magnaflow etc.

Also, avoid using those cheap metal hangers that some exhaust shops like to use. Over time they rust and snap. Sometimes they'll leave the exhaust hanging loose and your exhaust will rattle.

I'm a retailer for Black Widow. I can get that other stuff like Flowmaster etc, but meh, i wouldn't feel good selling that to you.

You'll find plenty of people who swear by those main stream mufflers, but a lot of time the average joe doesn't know any better.

It's kinda like ****ing your first 'gina. Of course it was great. You never had vagina before so you have no other vagina to compare it to yet. But there's better vaginas out there.

PM me prices on the black widow stuff.

Thanks.

TLO 07-12-2021 08:26 AM

I have to drop the exhaust out of my car to replace my failing driveshaft this weekend, so bought an American Thunder catback system from Flowmaster. Looking forward to getting both the driveshaft, and exhaust installed.

TLO 07-25-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15738013)
I have to drop the exhaust out of my car to replace my failing driveshaft this weekend, so bought an American Thunder catback system from Flowmaster. Looking forward to getting both the driveshaft, and exhaust installed.

Got both installed.

I'm very conflicted on the sound of the exhaust. I was expecting a deep rumble, but this is more of a raspy rumble sound. Is this due to the mufflers perhaps? I believe the mufflers are Flowmaster Super 44s. I like that my car a actually sounds like a V8 now, but this isn't exactly what I pictured.

Any suggestions? I'd be ok with replacing the mufflers. There's also an X Pipe that I'm thinking may be giving me that raspy sound.

I know there's a few guys.on here that know exhaust - so looking forward to what you think.

Eureka 07-25-2021 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15754856)
Got both installed.

I'm very conflicted on the sound of the exhaust. I was expecting a deep rumble, but this is more of a raspy rumble sound. Is this due to the mufflers perhaps? I believe the mufflers are Flowmaster Super 44s. I like that my car a actually sounds like a V8 now, but this isn't exactly what I pictured.

Any suggestions? I'd be ok with replacing the mufflers. There's also an X Pipe that I'm thinking may be giving me that raspy sound.

I know there's a few guys.on here that know exhaust - so looking forward to what you think.

My "exhaust guy" wanted to build me something unique for my 06 GTO. He put a Dual in dual out Flowmaster muffler where most put the X pipe and straight pipped the rest. It's probably been done a million times but I ended up liking the sound on the car.

I'm sure your car sounds great overall though.

TLO 07-26-2021 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eureka (Post 15754955)
My "exhaust guy" wanted to build me something unique for my 06 GTO. He put a Dual in dual out Flowmaster muffler where most put the X pipe and straight pipped the rest. It's probably been done a million times but I ended up liking the sound on the car.

I'm sure your car sounds great overall though.

I'm torn. It's just not the sound I was hoping for. It actually doesn't drone much at highway speeds, which I was concerned about.

The sound just doesn't seem right. I'm going to get it up in the air and check for leaks at some point soon.

stevieray 07-26-2021 07:38 AM

When I put duals on my elco, Flowmasters were the general consensus.

I ended up using Magnaflow Rumble mufflers and I am totally pleased.

Eureka 07-26-2021 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15755055)
I'm torn. It's just not the sound I was hoping for. It actually doesn't drone much at highway speeds, which I was concerned about.

The sound just doesn't seem right. I'm going to get it up in the air and check for leaks at some point soon.

Might be best to find a shop that does exhaust only. The shop I go to the guys been putting on exhaust for decades. I told him what I wanted and he did a great job. He definitely did something I wouldn't have thought to do on my own.

You can take it buy a shop and ask them what they can do to get the sound you want.

I think an H-pipe would be better for rumble if I recall correctly.

banyon 07-26-2021 02:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Coincidence to find a thread about exhaust here today. Spent all weekend drilling out 3/4 studs off this Catalytic converter I stupidly broke off. Recommend (1) Milwaukee Hard Metal bits or (2) Spyder brand bits from Lowes. I have learned how important it is to be PATIENT with rusty bolts. GRR.

TLO 08-31-2021 11:35 AM

Someone tell me about J pipes. I've been reading up on them to a degree to help reduce drone. I honestly have no idea what they're talking about.

I'm not really digging this exhaust set up and am tempted to put the stock system back on. Sounds great at WOT. Sounds AWFUL at lower RPMs. The cabin noise is just ****ing obnoxious.

ToxSocks 08-31-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15808829)
Someone tell me about J pipes. I've been reading up on them to a degree to help reduce drone. I honestly have no idea what they're talking about.

I'm not really digging this exhaust set up and am tempted to put the stock system back on. Sounds great at WOT. Sounds AWFUL at lower RPMs. The cabin noise is just ****ing obnoxious.

Switch the mufflers to Black Widow. I made a post about it back in'18.

Flowmaster has a reputation of being....underwhelming.

Black Widow and Spintech for a mean sounding, no drone exhaust.

Corsa if you have to have "name brand" over priced stuff.

If loud exhaust is obnoxious, go back to stock. Or get a muffler that's meant to....muffle.

Peter Gibbons 08-31-2021 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 13712589)
Buy a car that doesn't have a tampon dispenser in the glovebox.

Jake Plummer strongly recommends a Honda Element.

TribalElder 08-31-2021 12:09 PM

Slide through Oakland

when you want that whooooo whooooooooot

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wy4ZK4qBUrI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TLO 08-31-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15808849)
Switch the mufflers to Black Widow. I made a post about it back in'18.

Flowmaster has a reputation of being....underwhelming.

Black Widow and Spintech for a mean sounding, no drone exhaust.

Corsa if you have to have "name brand" over priced stuff.

If loud exhaust is obnoxious, go back to stock. Or get a muffler that's meant to....muffle.

It's not about the mufflers being loud, it's about the exhaust sounding terrible at low RPMs.

I can't even describe the sound. It's NOT the sound I was looking for. A deep rumble with some cabin drone would be acceptable. This just sounds like ass.