ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Roster Updates (Watts and LDT to IR, Zombo signed) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318074)

mcaj22 10-09-2018 03:33 PM

it's amazing for the last 3 years that Zombo just somehow sucks our souls by getting on that field.

They can't seem to find any warm body to upgrade that position no matter how many offseasons they get.

Halfcan 10-09-2018 03:35 PM

The fact that Parker and Zombo are on this team after years of suckage is a major fail by Veech.

TambaBerry 10-09-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13802897)
The fact that Parker and Zombo are on this team after years of suckage is a major fail by Veech.

I disagree on the Parker thing. You have a guy Eric Berry with a weird injury then you lose Sorenson. He was kind of forced into that

oldman 10-09-2018 03:45 PM

Parker can tackle. I don't see much Veach could have done at this point besides getting Zombo. We need someone today, not 2 weeks from now.

TEX 10-09-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad (Post 13802884)
Watts was never healthy in college. Not once. This should come as no surprise.

**** YOU, ZOMBO

Our GM is a lazy ****.

Yep about Watts. Always gonna show some promise, then disappoint. Make a great play and miss on routine ones. Just like college.

RunKC 10-09-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13802897)

What do you expect him to do? Your starting safeties are EB and Dirty Dan. Both got put on IR before game 1. Dorsey gave us Eric Murray who is awful. He also gave us Leon McQuay who is equally awful. He also gave us Ron Parker, who is now a borderline average safety at best.

Meanwhile Veach has given us Armani Watts and Jordan Lucas, who played very wel last weekend.

Kind of a bad situation to be put in honestly.

TrebMaxx 10-09-2018 04:12 PM

I hope we see more Lucas on the field.

JakeF 10-09-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13802902)
I disagree on the Parker thing. You have a guy Eric Berry with a weird injury then you lose Sorenson. He was kind of forced into that

How difficult would it have been for you as our GM to understand that you needed a quality backup for Eric Berry? Is Berry getting hurt such a surprise?

Our secondary needed a lot of immediate help and we failed at addressing it.

stevieray 10-09-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 13803015)
I hope we see more Lucas on the field.

^

jimidollar 10-09-2018 04:19 PM

Watts got injured this badly? A lot of our dudes are fragile AF.

Mecca 10-09-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13803022)
How difficult would it have been for you as our GM to understand that you needed a quality backup for Eric Berry? Is Berry getting hurt such a surprise?

Our secondary needed a lot of immediate help and we failed at addressing it.

They have run about 12 safeties through here man, they can't just go sign an expensive one, that doesn't work out in the long run.

It's lame Zombo is back but that's typical because they assume if he has to play he can do it right away as opposed to having to learn something.

TwistedChief 10-09-2018 04:25 PM

I'm kinda drunk. Did I read that right? Zombo?

Well, at least some of the Zombo Adopt-a-Chief sigs become relevant again.

But really, Zombo? There wasn't anyone else? I get that he understands the system better, but that didn't really seem to help him being effective before. They could've signed Jamaal Charles to play OLB and I would've been more excited with this development.

Three7s 10-09-2018 04:30 PM

I get that Zombo knows the system as well, but that doesn't make him good. He's horrible. So horrible that he should be nowhere near a football field.

Mecca 10-09-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 13803069)
I get that Zombo knows the system as well, but that doesn't make him good. He's horrible. So horrible that he should be nowhere near a football field.

It's just what teams do, they'll take the guy that's been here before over a new guy in this spot.

Sassy Squatch 10-09-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 13803053)
I'm kinda drunk. Did I read that right? Zombo?

Well, at least some of the Zombo Adopt-a-Chief sigs become relevant again.

But really, Zombo? There wasn't anyone else? I get that he understands the system better, but that didn't really seem to help him being effective before. They could've signed Jamaal Charles to play OLB and I would've been more excited with this development.

Rumor has it we're working on a trade for Reddick/ Buccanon and Reddick.