ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Teenager Stories (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339080)

Buehler445 07-16-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15743733)
Our kids are good kids, but when they are on their electronics they get testy.

We took them completely away weeks ago and boom, they turn into fun loving kids again.

It’s never too late, and guess what? Adults are the same way..

Yeah my daughter is the same way. If she is on it all day her attitude goes to hell. My son doesn't. He'll watch something for awhile, then he has to go find something to hit with a bat.

We make her go do other things.

theoldcoach 07-16-2021 07:35 PM

My “kids” are 45 and 42.

Enjoy them and their problems.

The problems never go away.

They just get more expensive. And then you get grandkids and now even great grandkids to spoil.

And grands and great grands are the finest things ever invented. They make your heart swell with pride and joy. And they are born knowing how to melt your heart.

Plus…..you can send them home to mom and dad!!

ChiTown 07-16-2021 08:17 PM

My kids are 23 and 20. Couldn’t be more proud of both of them. They are my pride and joy. I’ve loved every bit of my time as a Dad - all the good and bad together. It’s what life is all about :)

Holladay 07-16-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

My wife installed software to not only track their phones but battery status and other options. We also track all of their online behavior on their iPad's and PC's and fortunately, we haven't had any issues to date.
Good point. If you are smart enough, but back when, I am not sure that tracking was available. Nice to know that parents can be "big brother". Hopefully they don't know that you know:) Or maybe better that they do know???

Holladay 07-16-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

I want my kids to have the ability to call or text immediately.
I never viewed their phone as a safety device. Good point.

Holladay 07-16-2021 09:43 PM

Quote:

And grands and great grands are the finest things ever invented. They make your heart swell with pride and joy. And they are born knowing how to melt your heart.
Not there yet, just glad I got through the teenage years!

Holladay 07-16-2021 09:47 PM

Quote:

all the good and bad together. It’s what life is all about
True. Time to contemplate my belly button on all of the above responses.

Tech is good and bad. Done contemplating:) Surprise!

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 15744043)
Good point. If you are smart enough, but back when, I am not sure that tracking was available. Nice to know that parents can be "big brother". Hopefully they don't know that you know:) Or maybe better that they do know???

My oldest knows because I told her flat out "Mom knows every website you visit, has read every post you've ever made and knows where you are at all times because she tracks your phone".

I'm a straight shooter but we also trust our child to make the right decisions, so there's no reason to hide the fact that we're aware.

IMO, parents need to be more diligent than ever when it comes to online policing.

Deberg_1990 07-16-2021 10:41 PM

I lock my teens iPhones down with restrictions

I also use ‘find my iPhone’ and ‘life 360’ apps once they started driving.

My kids are pretty good overall. We keep a pretty tight leash.

BWillie 07-16-2021 11:00 PM

Not having kids is AWESOME. I do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it. Highly recommend it.