ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI: Patrick Mahomes Is Clearly the NFL’s Most Valuable Player (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346683)

JustDíqLix 12-25-2022 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire (Post 16688094)
im starting to think id rather have burrow than allen

This forum and fan base thinks a bit more highly of Burrow than others. I think its because of the Bengals recent success against the Chiefs. It has imprinted a vision in your mind that most other fanbases don’t have of him.

Bills fans used to be scared of Mark Sanchez, because he owned us. But no one else.

Burrow is quite good. But this forum thinks more highly of him than others. It’s a form of negativity bias.

JustDíqLix 12-25-2022 08:14 AM

Mahomes should win it if the award is for the best player in the league (and I think that is what it has turned into).

If it is for the most valuable player (the player that their team would fall apart without them) then the conversation is more open. For example, the Bills are probably 3-12 without Allen. On the flip side, we saw what Philly could do without Hurts (looked like no drop off from Hurts to Minshew).

MarkDavis'Haircut 12-25-2022 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16688133)
Burrow was carried by his defense in the playoffs last year. Check this out:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/season/2021/seasontype/3

I said the same thing last year.

He had five chances in the Super Bowl to finish the game. Failed to do so.

MarkDavis'Haircut 12-25-2022 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDiqLix (Post 16688161)
Mahomes should win it if the award is for the best player in the league (and I think that is what it has turned into).

If it is for the most valuable player (the player that their team would fall apart without them) then the conversation is more open. For example, the Bills are probably 3-12 without Allen. On the flip side, we saw what Philly could do without Hurts (looked like no drop off from Hurts to Minshew).

Bills have a top 5 defense.

They aren't falling to 3-12 without Allen.

Rainbarrel 12-25-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 16688157)
...and it turns into a popularity contest. IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU

I'm guilty too. Allen made Baker Mayfield look like the grown-up.

JustDíqLix 12-25-2022 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr4MVP (Post 16688162)
I said the same thing last year.

He had five chances in the Super Bowl to finish the game. Failed to do so.

Yes. He oscillated between “average” and “bad” in every playoff game they had. Their defense got them to the SB.

chiefzilla1501 12-25-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustDiqLix (Post 16688161)

3-12? The bills have a top defense and really good receivers, on top of good coaching. Most top 15 QBs could win there. I think the standard shouldn’t be if their backup could win. It’s if a halfway decent but not elite starter could win. I think Allen and burrow both have a good enough supporting cast for good starters to take those teams to the playoffs.

Prison Bitch 12-25-2022 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 16687871)
Every damn game

What a pic

crispystl 12-25-2022 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 16687848)
I think the NFL MVP vote should be something like...

1. Patrick Mahomes II
2. Travis Kelce
3. Chris Jones
4. Nick Bolton
5. Tie between the other 49 Chiefs.

I'm being as neutral as possible. This is just the way I see it.

I’ve always recognized and admired your objectiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crispystl 12-25-2022 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkp785 (Post 16688101)
Allen is a doucebag and a whiney one at that. Burrow is much more likeable.

Yeah I kinda like Burrow’s smug cockiness. If you can back it…then [emoji1744]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiefspants 12-25-2022 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16688133)
Burrow was carried by his defense in the playoffs last year. Check this out:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/season/2021/seasontype/3

When he throws a game ending INT against us I’ll breathe easier.

Him leading three come from behind victories against us in two years makes me wary, though.

I am so ready for Patrick to completely crush him.

DRM08 12-25-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16688289)

Him leading three come from behind victories against us in two years makes me wary, though.

Burrow was great in the 2 regular season games against KC, but I also think KC's defense was terrible in those 2 games as well. Burrow didn't do anything great in the playoff game. That playoff result was more about Mahomes falling apart in the 2nd half against a pretty solid, underrated Cincy defense.

Hammock Parties 12-25-2022 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 16688289)

the chiefs didn't have brandon williams on the field in CIN

if we can shut down their running game that will go a long ways towards making it easier for us to stop burrow

i also think karlaftis is going to pay dividends in the postseason

and still counting on toney and hardman doing their thing

mkp785 12-25-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16688148)
Allen’s pretty likeable. Other fans see mahomes as whiny too. All the best QBs whine about calls. Burrow is smug and cocky as shit. But yeah, respect the hell out of his talent and he’s definitely better than Allen at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 16688108)
Nah Burrow has the smuggest face on earth. They're probably both decent dudes but Burrow is getting the Brady treatment now, lucky as hell.

I don't agree. Allen just seems like a rich little prick. Burrow is a little smug, but much less so than Allen imo. I don't thin Mahomes whines at all, if anything he needs to go harder at the refs and really give it to them. Like what Brady does and dress them down publicly and make it embarrassing.

He gets hit way too often after the whistle. He doesn't get enough calls.

irafreak 12-25-2022 12:35 PM

Mahomes used to get a little excited with the refs on calls and pointing at the defense when he knew it was on them but that's just his competive fire coming out. Doubt we ever see him throw a football at a guy while they're both on the ground like a baby.