ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A Levelheaded Review Wk17 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=346784)

scho63 01-01-2023 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16700884)
My levelheaded view is the Chiefs need to stop making the simple complicated.

Extra points.

Converting 3rd and 1’s.

Stopping 3rd and long on defense.

Plus turnovers and penalties at bad times.

scho63 01-01-2023 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 16700893)
Turnovers are the great equalizer. I don't care how shitty a team's record is to date.

If we score (even a FG) instead of the INT, hold on to the ball on the punt return, this game is a 34-17 laugher.

IF, IF, IF !

Andy Reid has been bitching about that for over half a season and yet it still continues.

If it can't be stopped before the playoffs, we likely lose early.

Megatron96 01-01-2023 04:00 PM

Talking heads brought it up during the game; KC has been dreadful on the first drive of the half to start games and after the half. Shockingly, in spite of the potential value of passing plays, those points haven't translated to the scoreboard. It's almost like running the ball could be valuable somehow.

chiefzilla1501 01-01-2023 04:08 PM

Will say it til I’m blue in the face. We gotta upgrade at WR. Juju disappears in stretches because he’s not a WR1. None of our guys are. And we shouldn’t let CB1s flat out take away our top WR target. Is it even debatable anymore?

Mvs is not on the same page. Some is on mahomes today but the guy is just awful at playing the ball in the air. If hardman comes back I’m not sure how you can justify giving Mvs quality reps at this point. Mahomes doesn’t look like he trusts these guys and who can blame him?

In the meantime keep at it with this efficient offense. but in the offseason give him a reliable weapon and bump every WR down one spot.

Mosbonian 01-01-2023 04:10 PM

Anyone besides me notice that Courtland Sutton spends a lot of time complaining on the field?

You would think that every DB in the league he plays against is constantly holding him or committing some sort of penalty?

WilliamTheIrish 01-01-2023 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 16701130)
IF, IF, IF !

Andy Reid has been bitching about that for over half a season and yet it still continues.

If it can't be stopped before the playoffs, we likely lose early.

Turnovers: The great equalizer.

It's been true all year. It's bitten this team twice. If this weren't Mahomes under center, this would be a 10-6 team. (IMO)

They are what they are. Either overcome or die.

Bowser 01-01-2023 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shag (Post 16700890)
I don't get this mentality at all, that's 100% Toney's fault. Everybody tries to strip the ball, his #1 job is to hold onto it.

He shouldn't have even fielded it inside the 5 to begin with, really.

Shag 01-01-2023 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16701189)
He shouldn't have even fielded it inside the 5 to begin with, really.

It happens so often, it's tempting to believe it's being coached. Such a simple concept that none of our returners can grasp.

HayWire 01-01-2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 16700923)
Fair enough or he could have gone down with the ball instead of trying to hang on and keep moving forward.

Could have but one major fundamental in football and basketball is to keep the ball on the opposite side of your body so the defender has to go threw you to get to it. It should have been a minor issue but since he fumbled that should be pointed out in the film room.

Still better than butterfingers Moore. :p

Megatron96 01-01-2023 04:24 PM

Lolz, the bitching is delicious. Game was never really in doubt, in spite of the offense kind of going reerun for the 3rd quarter. Remember, these last four games were going to be pretty vanilla all around, so not that surprising that our opponents could make it look more competitive than it actually was.

Spoiler alert: next week will be just another vanilla game that KC will still win without much drama. And not a lot of fireworks either.

lcarus 01-01-2023 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 16700925)
that hands to face was super ticky tack. they showed it for a second and it looked like incidental contact but maybe I missed something there

It was a total bailout call. Looked like his hand barely brushed the facemask of the WR as he was breaking inside. I guess it was a makeup call for that ticky tack offensive PI call on Sutton. I hate it but I have to be fair. That was a shit call and I'd be pissed if they called it on the Chiefs.

DenverChief 01-01-2023 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16701165)
Will say it til I’m blue in the face. We gotta upgrade at WR. Juju disappears in stretches because he’s not a WR1. None of our guys are. And we shouldn’t let CB1s flat out take away our top WR target. Is it even debatable anymore?

Mvs is not on the same page. Some is on mahomes today but the guy is just awful at playing the ball in the air. If hardman comes back I’m not sure how you can justify giving Mvs quality reps at this point. Mahomes doesn’t look like he trusts these guys and who can blame him?

In the meantime keep at it with this efficient offense. but in the offseason give him a reliable weapon and bump every WR down one spot.

News Flash - Pat Surtain is a Pro Bowler. So far this year he has played 918 snaps with 63 targets allowing 30 Completions for a competition percentage of 47.6% and 2 INTs

Best22 01-01-2023 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 16701213)
Lolz, the bitching is delicious. Game was never really in doubt, in spite of the offense kind of going reerun for the 3rd quarter. Remember, these last four games were going to be pretty vanilla all around, so not that surprising that our opponents could make it look more competitive than it actually was.

Spoiler alert: next week will be just another vanilla game that KC will still win without much drama. And not a lot of fireworks either.

We can’t afford to play “vanilla” against the Raiders next week

They’re already beating the 49ers.

DenverChief 01-01-2023 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 16701219)
It was a total bailout call. Looked like his hand barely brushed the facemask of the WR as he was breaking inside. I guess it was a makeup call for that ticky tack offensive PI call on Sutton. I hate it but I have to be fair. That was a shit call and I'd be pissed if they called it on the Chiefs.

The Williams DPI call was garbage. There was nothing there

DenverChief 01-01-2023 04:32 PM

Also - I forgot to mention - Mahomes seemed really apprehensive running the ball. Dunno what that was about but seemed really un-Mahomes like.