ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football A lot of people owe Punt god a apology (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348658)

staylor26 05-08-2023 08:43 PM

Chiefs should sign him now

DJ's left nut 05-08-2023 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16938526)

Man - Chad Forbes would be piiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.

I'm here for it.

RunKC 05-08-2023 08:49 PM

The woman who falsely accused him should be in jail for at least 20 years.

Women who are proven to falsely accuse rape should be thrown in prison with devastating consequences.

Stewie 05-08-2023 08:57 PM

I don't think much will happen to her since she was a minor at the time.

As for those around her, they should be held accountable for publicly airing these false claims without doing their own due diligence.

Kiimo 05-08-2023 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16938537)
The woman who falsely accused him should be in jail for at least 20 years.

Women who are proven to falsely accuse rape should be thrown in prison with devastating consequences.

She had sex with him that night and was also raped and I think out of her mind?

admittedly I don't know the details though

jettio 05-08-2023 09:06 PM

I wonder if XFL or USFL would have given him a chance if he pursued it.

Probably would have better chance at getting an NFL job while civil suit is pending if he played XFL or USFL.

Maybe this information was shared so that he would get signed BY NFL team now.

Bump 05-08-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 16938555)
She had sex with him that night and was also raped and I think out of her mind?

admittedly I don't know the details though

didn't it say that the video of the alleged gang rape looked consensual?

Megatron96 05-08-2023 09:15 PM

"Amador also explained to the girl that additional witness testimony alleged that at this period of time, “you were approaching men at the party saying, ‘I want you to [expletive] me and if you don’t [expletive] me you’re a [expletive].”"

Seems like a nice girl.

RealSNR 05-08-2023 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16938448)
Maybe they'll throw another hissy fit over this and refuse to play their first game.

Josh Allen is traumatized by what he saw happen to his teammate. Definitely not appropriate to play football this season until those emotional wounds heal.

KCUnited 05-08-2023 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16938526)

It does sound like :13 is all he needs

Pitt Gorilla 05-08-2023 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 16938407)
That article is pretty unreal. She had sex with 2 guys at the party including Araiza before the alleged gang rape happened. And the prosecutors say the video of the gang rape everything looks consensual, and Matt wasn't in it.

Pretty brutal to have something like this kill your career before it even starts. Hopefully somebody gives him a shot.

He's likely still guilty of statutory rape if she was underage.

Also, I hope he sues the Bills/Beane for cutting him.

DJ's left nut 05-08-2023 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16938591)

California, being a fairly odd little state, is one of the few states that allows for a "She looked 18" sort of defense.

And given that there appear to be no shortage of people willing to testify that was stating she was 18, it seems unlikely that they'll even bring charges.

Yosef_Malkovitch 05-08-2023 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16938520)
Oh it's a pretty easy one; just straight defamation.

The problem is going to be showing that she KNEW it was bullshit.

And that's why she needs to be dismissing that civil case tomorrow. Because she's now been apprised of some information that she could've potentially previously claim she was black-out drunk and forgot.

But because it's a pretty textbook defamation per se example, he wouldn't even have to prove damages; they'll be presumed.

But the standard for defamation is 'knowingly'. Oh there are some 'conscious disregard' sort of ways to approach it as well, but ultimately he'll have to establish that she KNEW it was a crock of shit when she gave any/all of the details she gave and/or pursued the civil case.

That's gonna be pretty tough.

On top of all this there's the matter of collecting a judgment. He may (theoretically speaking) sue her and win, but you can't collect what someone doesn't have. She almost certainly doesn't have the kind of money he would need to make himself whole.

jettio 05-08-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 16938591)

What is your legal argument for suing the Bills?

If he got paid what he was supposed to be paid for a 6th round pick that does not make the roster, he has no case.

Chiefspants 05-08-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yosef_Malkovitch (Post 16938599)
On top of all this there's the matter of collecting a judgment. He may (theoretically speaking) sue her and win, but you can't collect what someone doesn't have. She almost certainly doesn't have the kind of money he would need to make himself whole.

All depends if any major news outlets rushed to claim him guilty and were sloppy with their editorializing.

Because the standard is set for going after news orgs like that.

https://www.americamagazine.org/site...ovcathkids.jpg