ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Archives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Have your fun here... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7911)

gh4chiefs 09-24-2000 07:48 PM

We should stop talking about this. This is a day of victory and happy thoughts, not nightmarish memories. Darth Vader is gone, and he ain't coming back.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

Tomahawk 11 09-24-2000 08:15 PM

DanT, I'm with you, man. That seems really wrong and potentially career-threatening. Are we SURE that it's really legal?

------------------
GO PITT!

G_Man 09-24-2000 08:15 PM

Dan - That was disgusting and really cheap.

wutamess 09-25-2000 07:57 AM

Well, it could have been a bit more gracious, but thank you, Drew.

xoxo~
gaz
taking what he can get.<BR>

Dog Day 09-25-2000 08:11 AM

I'm just naturally bitter after a loss, I guess.

Now that I've had time to digest the game, I have to give KC props on a suprisingly quick defense that tackles very well. There were a couple of times that they swallowed plays that looked like they were going for more. They stopped Denver on 7 goal-to-go plays, which I think was the key.

Also, Grbac played with great poise. However, I've always thought Elvis was better than a lot of Chief fans give him credit for.

I'm thinking the AFC West is significantly better than most of us anticipated at the begining of the season. It should be a pretty intense season.

wutamess 09-25-2000 08:26 AM

Drew-

I was surprised that Denver tried to pound it in when the short passing game was working quite well. Pleased, but surprised.

I still covet your OC. We continued to run up the middle into the strength of the Denver D and the results were self-explanatory. Denver mixed up the runs nicely. I would like to see Raye try some of that, rather than taking the Gunhard Butt express all the time.

I thought Grbac as a mistake. I am coming to realize that he is a better QB than I gave him credit for. The Skybox Stooge has seriously hampered him by awful play calling. I may have to revise my opinion on Grbac being our QBOTF.

xoxo~
gaz
willing to trade Raye.<BR>

Shootr 09-25-2000 08:46 AM

Aw Drew, There were a few that Crockett and Co. got away with.

Dog Day 09-25-2000 08:48 AM

My brother's theory on the Bronco play calling was that they didn't trust Frerotte to throw much in the redzone. Last year, when some of the offense was still a mystery to Griese, he made his biggest mistakes in the redzone. I guess they figured Denver's Oline, playing at home in all, could when that little testosterone war inside the five, and they didn't come through.<BR>

wutamess 09-25-2000 08:56 AM

I thought Gus did pretty well in the dinkdunk game. It was a mistake, IMO, to keep pounding against the heart of the KC Defense [after all, we showed you all day long that it doesn’t work]. My naughty bits were shriveled awaiting a rollout and pass to the TE or McCaffrey. Fortunately for my bits, that did not happen. And those stops [even though they resulted in FGs] got our D pumped.

xoxo~
gaz
thought Raye might be calling those plays.<BR>

wutamess 09-25-2000 09:01 AM

As far as the trust is concerned, your brother could be right, but it is the epitome of stupidity, IMO [the coaches, not your brother].

Gunther/Raye didn’t trust our Offense to throw against a stacked line against the Colts. We ran up the middle over and over. Result: we lost.

Schottenheimer didn’t trust our secondary with the lead against the Titans’ backup QB and went to the Prevent Defense. Result: we lost.

The Denver coaches didn’t trust the starting QB to throw in the redzone on three separate occasions. Result?

Football is not a game for coaches who are faint of heart. I expect that kind of behavior from Schottenheimer, but I was surprised to see it from the Denver staff.

xoxo~
gaz
trust is a must.<BR>

Mosbonian 09-25-2000 09:02 AM

I would like to add to Gaz's assertion and I was livid when the Chiefs on their own 3 CONCEEDED the punt by running the ball 3 straight times. We didnt even try to get the ball downfield.

wutamess 09-25-2000 09:08 AM

KCTitus-

Yes, I’m afraid I was blistering Mrs. Gaz’s ears right about then.

xoxo~
gaz
has calmed down considerably since then.<BR>

G_Man 09-25-2000 09:17 AM

Drew #35, I have to say that is one of the biggest pleasures for me, the fact that our D has not been missing many tackles. Of course they will miss a couple, but that happens. The safety Wesley has been a great tackler for a rookie, very solid and very hard hitter, I have grown to love watching the guy. I feel that this may be our biggest hope against the Rams who thrive off the big play, if our defenders can make the tackle I think we might have a change, keyword might.

Dog Day 09-25-2000 09:25 AM

Yeah, missed tackles kill you. I think it was on the game winning drive that Al Wilson missed a tackle in the flat that was the difference between third and long and third and two. Advantage offense. You just can't have it.

Gaz,

I agree completely. Why Denver goes conservative in the redzone is a complete mystery. You gotta let your guys play, or at least attack a D where it might be vunerable. Considering Denver's redzone futility against the Raiders and then the Chiefs, I imagine that Shanahan will adjust and Denver will start taking more chances. Field goals don't cut it anywhere outside the NFC Central.