ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   More Direct TV ranting (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98309)

RINGLEADER 09-12-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mississippichiefan
They are doing that here too, raiders - steelers and saints - seahawks , the two games that are locally . This is the first time they have ever done this in the 10 years I have had season tickets . This is bad because my local cbs channel is not as clear as the other stations .

Do you have CBS in HD? It's channel 81 on my system.

Rausch 09-12-2004 02:21 PM

Now I'm screwed.

Any local station that shows a game, that game won't be on my dish. I can't watch the Chiefs games in my own home any longer.

Michael Michigan 09-12-2004 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch
Now I'm screwed.

Any local station that shows a game, that game won't be on my dish. I can't watch the Chiefs games in my own home any longer.

That ain't right.

:shake:

DenverChief 09-12-2004 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant
if you guys are paying somebody for the games you should be able to watch them on the channels you are paying for..

who cares if a local affilate(?) has them...what if the local is poor ass reception... Sunday ticket promo is get all the games...

its called contractual agrteements between team owners and local affiliates, it has nothing to do with DTV

chief52 09-12-2004 02:38 PM

I wonder what has changed from last season? I am getting screwed this afternoon. I can not get the 49er game this afternoon. Not that that is that bad, but who knows what game I will be missing in the future.

I would not want to be working the phones at DirecTV today...

Skip Towne 09-12-2004 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52
nice try, Skip, but they are not answering that number.

I just tried it and got right through. They must have been temporarily swamped with this Sunday Ticket thing.

unlurking 09-12-2004 02:39 PM

Quote:

Now I'm screwed.

Do you get local channels on your dish? If so, call 'em up and threaten to cancel if they don't give you local channels free throughout the season.

Just a thought.

chief52 09-12-2004 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
I just tried it and got right through. They must have been temporarily swamped with this Sunday Ticket thing.

Must have been. I do not think it will do any good to call at this point. I think I see what they are up to. Think there is any chance in getting them to change and unblock the 49er game?

unlurking 09-12-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Must have been. I do not think it will do any good to call at this point. I think I see what they are up to. Think there is any chance in getting them to change and unblock the 49er game?

I've complained for years about this on Center Ice. Not once have they ever opened it up.

Herzig 09-12-2004 02:45 PM

Quote:

Now I'm screwed.

Same problem here. They keep saying that my area will receive locals by the end of 2004, but hell...that could be December. They offered to refund all of my Sunday ticket money...I have a week to decide on that. I can pick up ABC and NBC fine with rabbit ears, but CBS and FOX don't come in at all or so snowy that you can't really see what is going on. They put in a waiver to those networks so I can get the EAST-WEST networks, and I told them that I'm in a mountainous area that really affects reception...so we'll see.

At this point, I'm so pissed that I think I may go ahead and take the refund. This is first year of four that I've had that happen.

Ultra Peanut 09-12-2004 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Pardon me while I laugh at your misfortune.

Just this morning, I realized that I think of you as the Planet's version of Maddox.

Skip Towne 09-12-2004 02:49 PM

A lot of this stuff is regulated by federal law. CBS has protected territories and DTV cannot violate them if CBS is using them. You might try getting a waiver from CBS. They are causing the problem it looks like to me.

chief52 09-12-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
A lot of this stuff is regulated by federal law. CBS has protected territories and DTV cannot violate them if BS is using them. You might try getting a waiver from CBS. They are causing the problem it looks like to me.

But why the change this season? It has never been that way in the past. :cuss:

RINGLEADER 09-12-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking
Do you get local channels on your dish? If so, call 'em up and threaten to cancel if they don't give you local channels free throughout the season.

Just a thought.

That would be my idea...they didn't say you had to get the local channel package (which I'm assuming cost more money) to get all the games you want to see via Sunday Ticket.

"If you're not going to give me all the games on Sunday Ticket (like you told me you would), then I want you to give me the local channels on Sunday for free."

Obviously, they won't be able to monitor what days you get the local channels, so insist you get them all the time during the season.

Skip Towne 09-12-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

But why the change this season? It has never been that way in the past. :cuss:

I'm not sure but I'm guessing CBS and/or Fox bitched about it. CBS (and the others) sell advertising based on the number of eyeballs in that area. If someone else invades that area, it cuts the number of eyeballs and the advertisers bitch they aren't getting what they paid for. So the networks went to congress and got protective laws passed.