ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   vermiel press conf (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99285)

J Diddy 09-21-2004 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
Just called LJ a baby. Said it is time for him to take the diapers off and go to work.

truly one of the best quotes I have ever heard.

penguinz 09-21-2004 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen
Are you friggin kidding? If you're joking, a smiley would be nice. If not, that is awesome. :thumb:

not kidding. He actually said it is time to take the diapers off and go to work when talking about LJ.

TNTEICHER 09-21-2004 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
That is because Priest does not want to be part of the passing game.

Priest must not want to win games then. Screens were our bread and butter last year -- the play we ran the best -- always worked. Obviously we're struggling not running them. Is the quest to break some rushing record more important to him then getting to the playoffs? Surely he sees he's not going to break any rushing records this year.

Logical 09-21-2004 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
10 missed tackles in the ball game?

I thought the graphic I saw on screen had a bigger number than that... maybe I imagined that.

Damn.. my feed died.

I believe it is because only 1 missed tackle per play is counted. I saw many plays where 2 to 4 people got their hands on the ball carrier and let go. Those as I recall do not count as more than one missed tackle.

Mr. Laz 09-21-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Are you friggin kidding? If you're joking, a smiley would be nice. If not, that is awesome. :thumb:

didn't call Johnson a baby....

BUT did say it was time to take the diaper up and step up young man, it's time

basically inferring that LJ was being a baby

Lzen 09-21-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazarus

Yeah, I got that. He may not have said the words literally, but anyone with at least half a brain knows exactly what he was implying. ROFL

GoTrav 09-21-2004 11:42 AM

Quote:

whoa!

Lzen 09-21-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
Where did this "Priest doesn't want to be part of the passing game" stuff come from? I've seen it mentioned a couple times recently.

Good question. I have been wondering myself. Anyone?

Calcountry 09-21-2004 11:47 AM

Quote:

i thought that call was crap too

morton had his hand inside the other guys pads... that's legal

the defender turned and pulled away ... Morton let go

supposed to be legal

i guess the ump thought that Morton didn't let go fast enough :mad:

i think those denver refs definately belong to the normal shannarat payment program.

Or, the ref saw that we were making a big play and had to do something. I wonder if Refs are barred from fantasy football leagues. :hmmm:

GoTrav 09-21-2004 11:49 AM

the [assclown]Morton[/assclown] holding call seemed to be the nail in the coffin. We never recovered from it.

FloridaChief 09-21-2004 12:27 PM

The Audio/Video of the press conference is now up at kcchiefs.com

Ralphy Boy 09-21-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Good question. I have been wondering myself. Anyone?

Before the season when Priest was asked about his supposed goal of rushing for over 2,000 yards this season, he said that he could catch less passes but still touch the ball as much, just with it being as rushes. He said that if you spread half of his 70 or so catches among Kris Wilson, TG & the WR's, and limit him more to rushes, he could still make as much a contribution but mostly as a rusher.

When, after 2 games, he only had 4 catches, the rest became implied that it was game planning for him not to catch the ball as much out of the backfield.

Chiefnj 09-21-2004 12:44 PM

Was there an answer to where the "Priest doesn't want to be involved in the passing game" came from?

Ralphy Boy 09-21-2004 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
Was there an answer to where the "Priest doesn't want to be involved in the passing game" came from?

look up one spot.

Chiefnj 09-21-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphy Boy
look up one spot.

Thanks.