ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Texting in the theater in Florida? I don't think so... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280643)

Easy 6 01-14-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10369728)
Who the **** are you? You dont talk to people ever??? Why is that Chatty? Go **** yourself you little twat.

See that? give someone a rap on the beater and ya get a little respect around here!

Fish 01-14-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369786)
I don't go out looking for trouble, and I'm mature enough I don't feel the need to get into "fisticuffs" anymore. If you want to come start shit with me, that is on you. It doesn't make you more of a man to start fights, just like it doesn't make me a man to have a gun in my hand. That's not what this is about. This is about defending yourself. If that's how you judge manhood just move along because we will never see eye to eye.

You continue to miss the difference between defending yourself, and killing another unarmed person over a disagreement. No witnesses reported any struggle. Shooter is behind bars, and likely will be for a long time. That should tell you everything you need to know about your idea of defense.

kcfanXIII 01-14-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10369787)
Well, there was a 28 year difference between the two men.

Are we supposed to assume that a 50 year old man can't reasonably defend himself without a weapon from a 22 year old? Is the difference in age what makes it alright to use a gun to resolve a disagreement instead of engaging in fisticuffs?

Or are you just assuming that all 71 year olds are weak and fragile, and can't fend for themselves?

I am assuming that most elderly folks have physical conditions that would make fisticuffs unfair at best, and possibly deadly in some worst cases.

If that assumption doesn't prove to be true, this was probably murder. If the texter didn't show an eminent physical threat, this was probably murder.

Radar Chief 01-14-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 10369792)
If you are not prepped for the possibility of getting your ass whupped in that situation should it escalate, then you should not engage and re-engage in a dispute with the other party. If your only plan is to shoot the individual after initiating the dispute should the dispute escalate, then you belong in jail. I mean, perspective. This was over TEXTING in a MOVIE THEATER...

In the CCW class I took I was told that you can’t start a fight, use your weapon to end it and call it “self-defense”. That’s murder, plain and simple.

PunkinDrublic 01-14-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10369779)
I think it's pretty clear that this 71 year old retired cop lost his marbles. Instead of enjoying his golden years and a nice retirement after serving his community for such a long time, he's gonna be sitting behind some iron bars, probably until he dies.

He might get conjegul visits.

Just Passin' By 01-14-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369811)
I am assuming that most elderly folks have physical conditions that would make fisticuffs unfair at best, and possibly deadly in some worst cases.

If that assumption doesn't prove to be true, this was probably murder. If the texter didn't show an eminent physical threat, this was probably murder.

He shot a man over a thrown bag of popcorn, in an incident of his own creation, which he was wrong to initiate in the first place. I'm not sure what you think you're defending, but this is not the guy to be white knighting.

kcfanXIII 01-14-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10369806)
You continue to miss the difference between defending yourself, and killing another unarmed person over a disagreement. No witnesses reported any struggle. Shooter is behind bars, and likely will be for a long time. That should tell you everything you need to know about your idea of defense.

I saw another article that said there was a physical confrontation. Like I've been saying, a lot of missing information. I'm not missing anything, I just won't jump to the assumption he is guilty of cold blooded murder until some details are clarified. I thought I had made that clear...

kcfanXIII 01-14-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10369824)
He shot a man over a thrown bag of popcorn, in an incident of his own creation, which he was wrong to initiate in the first place. I'm not sure what you think you're defending, but this is not the guy to be white knighting.

If this proves to be the truth, so be it.

Old Dog 01-14-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic (Post 10369821)
He might get conjegul visits.

I agree....he's ****ed

Radar Chief 01-14-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10369787)
Well, there was a 28 year difference between the two men.

Are we supposed to assume that a 50 year old man can't reasonably defend himself without a weapon from a 22 year old? Is the difference in age what makes it alright to use a gun to resolve a disagreement instead of engaging in fisticuffs?

Or are you just assuming that all 71 year olds are weak and fragile, and can't fend for themselves?

No, it's unpossible for an old man to defend himself against a 20 something.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2lckzg6.jpg

Just Passin' By 01-14-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369831)
If this proves to be the truth, so be it.

That's the claim made by his own attorneys:

Quote:

Curtis Reeves "had every right to defend himself" after being hit with an unknown object, believed to be bag of popcorn, his attorneys said at a standing-room-only bond hearing. They dismissed the case against their client as "weak" and insisted the victim was, in fact, the aggressor.
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...heads-to-court

Pablo 01-14-2014 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10369844)
No, it's unpossible for an old man to defend himself against a 20 something.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2lckzg6.jpg

I figured as much. I just feel awful for you helpless guys in your 50's and 60's. Just have to curl up into a ball and take the beating unless you have a weapon on you.

LMAO

dirk digler 01-14-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10369845)
That's the claim made by his own attorneys:

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/2...heads-to-court

What an idiot and I have no doubt he thought the stand your ground law would bail him out.

Tombstone RJ 01-14-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10369855)
What an idiot and I have no doubt he thought the stand your ground law would bail him out.

nah, I think it's a classic case of a guy losing his temper over something very minor. I'm guessing the old man just kind of lost it. Now someone is dead. I'm guessing the old guy had some anger managment issues he never really dealt with.

Rain Man 01-14-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10369864)
nah, I think it's a classic case of a guy losing his temper over something very minor. I'm guessing the old man just kind of lost it. Now someone is dead. I'm guessing the old guy had some anger managment issues he never really dealt with.

Or maybe he was able to vent his anger in some way during his police years.

CoMoChief 01-14-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10367698)
Retired cop on a power trip. I'm shocked

Yup

Garcia Bronco 01-14-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10367698)
Retired cop on a power trip. I'm shocked

Retired "POLICE CAPTAIN". This guy was a ****ing Captain.

Rain Man 01-14-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 10369954)
Retired "POLICE CAPTAIN". This guy was a ****ing Captain.

That must be why he was able to shoot two people with one bullet.

dirk digler 01-14-2014 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10369864)

If I read what happened correctly he shot once, sat down and put the gun in his lap. He knew what he was doing and what the law was

Rain Man 01-14-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10369971)
If I read what happened correctly he shot once, sat down and put the gun in his lap. He knew what he was doing and what the law was

If that works, I've got about six people that I'm going to go pick a fight with as soon as they start using their phone.

NinerDoug 01-14-2014 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10367812)
I am a sheepdog and I suspect a vast majority of those who are able to carry a firearm legally (such as CCW holders are as well sheepdogs)

Seems to me this guy was both sheep dog and wolf.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 03:43 PM

At least the victim didn't throw a bag of skittles at him.

BigRedChief 01-14-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 10369811)

This was no ordinary senior citizen. This was not some retired flat foot, walked a beat, small town cop.

He was the cop that started the first SWAT team in the early 80's in Tampa. He was considered the go to guy for all hostage situations, public unrests etc. for over 10 years. The best cop in the Tampa area.

He was head of Security at Bush Gardens amusement park after he retired from the police force.

BigRichard 01-14-2014 04:20 PM

I wonder if the reaction here would be the same if the headline read "Man shot at movie theatre for being a dick." I love how headlines can drive peoples emotions.

Just Passin' By 01-14-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370173)
I wonder if the reaction here would be the same if the headline read "Man shot at movie theatre for being a dick." I love how headlines can drive peoples emotions.

Death for texting during a movie preview seems extreme to me, regardless of the headline. Your mileage may vary.

BigRichard 01-14-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10370198)
Death for texting during a movie preview seems extreme to me, regardless of the headline. Your mileage may vary.

As I said in a previous post, was it the texting that got him shot or did something happen after that?

And I am not condoning what the old fart did. I am just saying there was more than he was just texting.

jspchief 01-14-2014 04:56 PM

Obviously he had no choice but to shoot the guy. It's not like you can just walk out of a theater. And even if he could, why would he throw away $10 of his hard earned money when he can just kill someone instead.

Eleazar 01-14-2014 04:57 PM

I think this should be an acceptable penalty for texting repeatedly during a movie.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370214)
As I said in a previous post, was it the texting that got him shot or did something happen after that?

And I am not condoning what the old fart did. I am just saying there was more than he was just texting.

one of the witnesses seems to give a good account. Verbal altercation followed by the victim tossing his popcorn at the old dipshit. Guess the old man didn't appreciate getting his disgusting, bald head all greasy.

BigRichard 01-14-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10370254)
one of the witnesses seems to give a good account. Verbal altercation followed by the victim tossing his popcorn at the old dipshit. Guess the old man didn't appreciate getting his disgusting, bald head all greasy.

So your saying it wasn't for texting?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370276)
So your saying it wasn't for texting?

Does the headline make a difference? "Man throws popcorn after altercation, shot in chest"....

J Diddy 01-14-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10370254)

Dude took it all wrong. That shit was $20 worth of popcorn. It was a peace offering and not intended to offend.

gblowfish 01-14-2014 05:27 PM

The shooter will probably get off as self defense. He thought the guy's smart phone was a stun gun...

BigRichard 01-14-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10370282)
Does the headline make a difference? "Man throws popcorn after altercation, shot in chest"....

Yes it does. Several people on here have stated he was shot for just texting which is laughable. He was shot because he got into an altercation with an old fart with a gun. The texting led to the altercation but it did not lead to the shooting.

Once again, I am not on the side of the old fart. I don't have enough evidence one way or the other to make any analysis but it does sound like the dipshit will be spending some time in jail.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10369961)
That must be why he was able to shoot two people with one bullet.

Unfortunately his wife was the Lone Survivor.

CosmicPal 01-14-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370302)
Yes it does. Several people on here have stated he was shot for just texting which is laughable. He was shot because he got into an altercation with an old fart with a gun. The texting led to the altercation but it did not lead to the shooting.

Once again, I am not on the side of the old fart. I don't have enough evidence one way or the other to make any analysis but it does sound like the dipshit will be spending some time in jail.

Absolutely correct. The texting is may have started it, but this is nothing more than a sad case of two folks who let their egos get in the way. Had the guy who was texting been more courteous to those around him AND had the old guy been a little more patient, this would never have escalated to two strangers standing up and facing each other in a public theater.

They BOTH mishandled this poorly. It should never have escalated to someone feeling like he needed to pull a gun on the other.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370302)

Ok. You're just stating what everyone already knows.

BigRichard 01-14-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10370198)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10370311)
Ok. You're just stating what everyone already knows.

:hmmm:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370325)

You're so literal

J Diddy 01-14-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10370298)
The shooter will probably get off as self defense. He thought the guy's smart phone was a stun gun...

The senility defense. Nice.

Just Passin' By 01-14-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370325)

Either you didn't read the thread or you're just being an asshole. I'm the one who linked to the follow up story about the popcorn being thrown and quoted it.

BigRichard 01-14-2014 10:51 PM

I don't remember reading it in the story but did the guy have his gun drawn already and pointed at the guy when he threw the popcorn? Or did he draw and fire after he was hit with the popcorn?

This could make a huge difference in the trial if it gets to one.

beach tribe 01-15-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10369923)
Or maybe he was able to vent his anger in some way during his police years.

Like I said. Probably not the first person he murdered. He was just on duty before.

Was probably why he was promoted to Captain. For taking out the "bad guys".

beach tribe 01-15-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370786)
I don't remember reading it in the story but did the guy have his gun drawn already and pointed at the guy when he threw the popcorn? Or did he draw and fire after he was hit with the popcorn?

Yup. I mean the guy had a weapon.

Popcorn.

Popcorn.

VAChief 01-15-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10369709)
:thumb:

Not enough info but we know the guy is guilty no matter what because the guy was "just texting". Was there something that happened between the texting and the guy getting shot? Sounds to me like there was a hell of a lot going on.

We know the police talked to witnesses who did not see any punches thrown. We know the defense attorney is claiming the bag of popcorn thrown is cause to fear for your life. We know this isn't the first time he has harassed movie goers.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10369114)
:spock: you don't have to be batshit crazy to be a bad driver or make bad decisions. There is a reason most 70 something people live in a elderly care home

Most 70 something people live in an elderly care home? Are you serious? Go to Branson, MO sometime and check out the people in their 90's running around on vacation. You're off on the age demographic here. No way in hell "most" people in their 70's are living in a nursing home.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2014 10:29 AM

No doubt in my mind that this dude thought stand your ground would protect him. Oops. Now his 71 year old asshole is going to get pruned nightly in prison by kids half his age avenging their absent fathers. ROFL Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-15-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10371177)
No doubt in my mind that this dude thought stand your ground would protect him. Oops. Now his 71 year old asshole is going to get pruned nightly in prison by kids half his age avenging their absent fathers. ROFL Sorry, couldn't help myself...

I agree. Dude was just waiting to be "attacked"

Lock his stupid ass up

Radar Chief 01-15-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10371177)

I tend to doubt he thought that far ahead. Read the bio on this guy, he’s a man of authority that isn’t used to being told to get bent much less have some smart ass punk throw something at him. I’m willing to bet his reaction is based on emotion and pride.

hawkchief 01-15-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370786)

I hope this is sarcastic.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-15-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10371197)
I tend to doubt he thought that far ahead. Read the bio on this guy, he’s a man of authority that isn’t used to being told to get bent much less have some smart ass punk throw something at him. I’m willing to bet his reaction is based on emotion and pride.

either way, he is a psycho

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10371197)

Which I'm sure is a big part of it. But when I say he thought stand your ground would protect him, in my mind he's a big supporter of the law, and thought to himself that because of it, his ailing body wouldn't cause him to suffer any humiliation ever again. Totally crack pot psychology there, but that is the jest of my thought process. Right or wrong, we'll never know, more than likely.

Radar Chief 01-15-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10371200)
either way, he is a psycho

Agreed, and he's headed for what he deserves.

Bambi 01-15-2014 12:30 PM

People who carry guns around continue to sink lower and lower on the society food chain.

Feel bad too because guns are pretty cool considering the engineering involved.

Chief Gump 01-15-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkchief (Post 10371199)
I hope this is sarcastic.

You don't think it will look different to a judge and jury both in the verdict and sentencing in a trial.

Scenario one, old fart claims something hits him and he just reactivly pulls the trigger.

Scenario two, old fart gets hit with something and has to actively think to pull out his gun and pull the trigger.

That can play a huge difference.

jspchief 01-15-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 10371590)
You don't think it will look different to a judge and jury both in the verdict and sentencing in a trial.

Scenario one, old fart claims something hits him and he just reactivly pulls the trigger.

Scenario two, old fart gets hit with something and has to actively think to pull out his gun and pull the trigger.

"Reactively pull the trigger"?

Rain Man 01-15-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

I don't really understand the difference.

As someone earlier pointed out, I'm curious why the wife's hand got shot, and if she was trying to hold the dead guy back from attacking the old guy. But even if she was, I think the old guy is in a heap of trouble, so maybe it doesn't make much difference.

It's really hard for me to buy any type of self-defense argument. There were no punches thrown, and it was in a public area with dozens of other people around. Yelling, "Help! Call the police!" would have sufficed as a defense.

Brock 01-15-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

About the only thing I'm thinking is that this crazy old **** thinks it's okay to discharge his weapon in a room that's wall to wall people over a confrontation he just wouldn't walk away from. He needs to be put away.

Just Passin' By 01-15-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

He's a retired police captain.

peterbilt 01-15-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 10370310)
Absolutely correct. The texting is may have started it, but this is nothing more than a sad case of two folks who let their egos get in the way. Had the guy who was texting been more courteous to those around him AND had the old guy been a little more patient, this would never have escalated to two strangers standing up and facing each other in a public theater.

They BOTH mishandled this poorly. It should never have escalated to someone feeling like he needed to pull a gun on the other.

Was there a better way to "mishandle" it. ROFL

Just Passin' By 01-15-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 10370310)

A guy was killed because some asshole didn't like him texting during movie previews. The previews. This isn't a both wrong scenario.

Rain Man 01-15-2014 01:58 PM

I think the big problem is that we no longer allow duels. In 1810 this would have been handled much better. They would have slapped each other with gloves, met in a designated dueling zone of a city park later, and everyone would have enjoyed the movie.

Radar Chief 01-15-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10371667)
I think the big problem is that we no longer allow duels. In 1810 this would have been handled much better. They would have slapped each other with gloves, met in a designated dueling zone of a city park later, and everyone would have enjoyed the movie.

Well that is kind of what they did, only the loser brought popcorn to a gun fight.

Rain Man 01-15-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10371686)
Well that is kind of what they did, only the loser brought popcorn to a gun fight.

He also got first shot, but you're not going to win a duel with popcorn. It was a bad choice of weapons.

Dartgod 01-15-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10371739)
He also got first shot, but you're not going to win a duel with popcorn. It was a bad choice of weapons.

Not so fast...

Quote:

It is estimated between 170-190 people die per year from choking on popcorn, making it one of the top 5 most dangerous snacks.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_p..._year?#slide=1

Dartgod 01-15-2014 02:54 PM

Also...

Quote:

The major health concerns involving popcorn stems from the presence of popcorn kernels and popcorn hulls. If kernels and hulls were not part of the popcorn mix, popcorn itself could finally receive a clean bill of health. However, more often than not, popcorn that is commercially available today contains an abundance of both kernels and hulls. And it is the kernels and hulls that pose a danger to consumers.

In considering the negative health consequences of popcorn kernels and hulls, these two elements can cause certain people serious problems in relation to their digestive system. For example, a person diagnosed with diverticulitis will find that his or her disease will seriously be aggravated if that patient consumes popcorn kernels and hulls. Indeed, this can develop into a life threatening situation on some occasions.

People of all ages who eat popcorn that contains kernels and hulls run a very high risk of injury (and sometimes, sadly, death) due to choking. The number of people who choke on popcorn kernels or hulls annually surprisingly is very high. For this reason, very young children never should eat popcorn. Additionally, many doctors advise their older patients to avoid popcorn as well because the risks associated with choking on popcorn kernels and hulls is so very high. Of course, everyone has heard of stories of people who unfortunately have been seriously injured or even died as the result of a choking incident.

http://dev.3klabs.com/crazzles/popco...ur-health.html
Popcorn can be some scary stuff! The old man was clearly within his rights.

gblowfish 01-15-2014 03:06 PM

Back in high school debate, we used to call something like that (the popcorn health angle) a "squirrel case." It might be too crazy to defense, so, it might just work!

Dartgod 01-15-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10371766)
Back in high school debate, we used to call something like that (the popcorn health angle) a "squirrel case." It might be too crazy to defense, so, it might just work!

Isn't that the basis of the "Chewbacca Defense"?

Chief Gump 01-15-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10371599)
I don't really understand the difference.

As someone earlier pointed out, I'm curious why the wife's hand got shot, and if she was trying to hold the dead guy back from attacking the old guy. But even if she was, I think the old guy is in a heap of trouble, so maybe it doesn't make much difference.

It's really hard for me to buy any type of self-defense argument. There were no punches thrown, and it was in a public area with dozens of other people around. Yelling, "Help! Call the police!" would have sufficed as a defense.

Maybe any lawyers on here could tell me if I am wrong but I think it could mean the difference between the type of murder charge (ie. murder 1, murder 2) they try to get which in effect changes the type of sentencing he can recieve.

Skyy God 01-15-2014 03:55 PM

Apparently it wasn't this guy's first time as movie theater vigilante.

Quote:

The Times says that after the shooting, another local woman, Jamira Dixon, came forward to say Reeves had accosted her weeks earlier for the same offense:

On Dec. 28, she said Reeves confronted her for texting during a movie. <b>She said he was glaring at her, and that he even followed her to the restroom.</b>

Dixon said her husband thought of confronting Reeves, but didn't. "It could have been us," she told Bay News 9.
http://gawker.com/ex-cop-who-shot-te...ene-1501798833

Dartgod 01-15-2014 03:59 PM

I'm not defending the old coot, but glaring at someone is not really a confrontation.

Just Passin' By 01-15-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10371899)
I'm not defending the old coot, but glaring at someone is not really a confrontation.

No, but following her to the restroom is either a case of the viagra working too well or a guy with a serious hostility issue.

Katipan 01-15-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10371667)

Unless you're the guy picked to be a second.

BigRedChief 01-15-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b_284 (Post 10372248)
My parents moved to Wesley chapel last year. Its a really nice area. At least where they live.

Think Leawood. Upper class suburbia.

BigRedChief 01-15-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10371927)
No, but following her to the restroom is either a case of the viagra working too well or a guy with a serious hostility issue.

Like I said earlier, he was use to being the top dog, having the power of being the top dog. I bet he felt entitled to get his way in public. If anyone didn't bend to his will, especially someone not following the rules......he got pissed off.

KChiefer 01-15-2014 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10371899)

FWIW, he also verbally confronted her. I dunno if she was texting during the actual movie that time.

Anyways. This guy should have really sat in the front row if someone simply looking at their phone is too much to bear.

ThaVirus 01-15-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Even if it were the first scenario, which I would guess you believe would make his self-defense case a bit more believable, why was he brandishing his weapon prior to any threatening event? It seems to me he'd be the wrong in either scenario you propose.

stevieray 01-15-2014 09:00 PM

....let's not pretend we know this guy, other than he made a horrific decision, and he'll end up where belongs.

beach tribe 01-15-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Those are both murder2.

So, no.

GloryDayz 01-16-2014 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 10371796)
Isn't that the basis of the "Chewbacca Defense"?

I think we should coin a new term, "The KenDICK Lewis Defense" - you knew before it started that you were going to be raped and killed, so you had to do it.