ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272817)

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9661509)
The difference between wanting to have a paper bag over your head when you go to a game and knowing that your team is at least average?

You're locked on the 8-8 number. Just because the manufacturer of your car warrenties the car for 100k doesn't mean you won't get twice that.

In this case, if you don't you don't pay the 2nd.

Who's the mult? Mods?

Rasputin 05-06-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 9661509)
The difference between wanting to have a paper bag over your head when you go to a game and knowing that your team is at least average?

You're locked on the 8-8 number. Just because the manufacturer of your car warrenties the car for 100k doesn't mean you won't get twice that.

In this case, if you don't you don't pay the 2nd.

If I sold you a box of shit with a guarantee it's still a box of shit.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 10:08 AM

If I were a salesman, I'd pay a premium for the list with Chiefs fan phone numbers...

Jakemall 05-06-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661512)
so we paid a 2nd for the value of "knowing your team is at least average"

sounds about right

Paid a 2nd for knowing that the team is at least average because one guy was added to the team and not one other change made...oh and what was the record last season?

Q: How many teams would pay 2 2nds for one guy that would guarantee them 6 additional wins in a season?

Answer: Most of them

Jakemall 05-06-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9661513)
If we're sitting at 7-8 with one game to go I'd sure be playing our 3rd string the last game thats for sure.

That seems pretty reasonable.

Hootie 05-06-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9661374)
If John Dorsey were worth a squirrel fart, he'd be drafting great players with those 2nd rounders just like the Ravens, Packers, Seahawks, 49ers, and every other team with a great GM does.

You've never known a franchise to do anything else but piss away a 2nd round pick on Javier Arenas, so that's what the pick means to you.

In the meantime, we passed up an opportunity to draft some pretty damn good ****ing players with this year's 2nd rounder. I can't wait until next year to find out what kind of stellar athletes won't be on our team all because of Alex ****ing Smith.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

I can't believe I'm going to have to do this. (again)

HemiEd 05-06-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9661078)
8-8.....really shooting for the ****ing moon there..

Butts in the seats

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9661085)
If Alex Smith leads us into the playoffs then it was worth it.

Alex Smith may manage the talented roster into the playoffs, but it won't be because of him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9661098)
If we go from the worst team in football, a national joke......... to the playoffs the next year, it was draft picks well spent.

The worst team in football with 6 pro bowlers, oh yeah it will be because of that trade that the team gets to 10 and 6.

ptlyon 05-06-2013 10:21 AM

I'm not sure if this has been said, but Alex Smith sucks

scho63 05-06-2013 10:21 AM

The way the 49ers are building up all the extra picks year after year, they might be up to 20 picks soon. JFC what a sharp organization they have.....

Hootie 05-06-2013 10:23 AM

Packers 2nd round picks since 2006:

2006: Daryn Colledge; Greg Jennings
2007: Brandon Jackson
2008: Jordy Nelson; Brian Brohm; Patrick Lee
2009: none
2010: Mike Neal
2011: Randall Cobb
2012: Jerel Worthy

So they are good at selecting receivers...but how much does a guy like Aaron Rodgers help their development? Would they be considered good with Matt Cassel? Other than the receivers...big ****ing deal. We land guys like this in the 2nd round all of the time.

Moving on to the Ravens.

HemiEd 05-06-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9661176)
Because we were furiously working to outbid several other teams.

A combination of business and football acumen.

The Chiefs need to be competitive, and you're not getting that with Carson Palmer, Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, Geno Smith, or Matt Barkley. You're getting it from Alex Smith.

Build a team around him for a year, then see what you can do to get The Guy.

You still believe that?

The next, "that guy" is going to be the next re-tread failure to give the fans a reason to have optimism that the team can "get to the playoffs."

Hootie 05-06-2013 10:26 AM

Ravens:

2006: Chris Chester
2007: N/A
2008: Ray Rice
2009: Paul Kruger
2010: Sergio Kindle; Terrence Cody
2011: Torrey Smith
2012: Courtney Upshaw; Kelechi Osemele

Few good, few busts.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 10:27 AM

one team is doing it right, one isn't...couldn't be more clear

one drafted a QB, then another when that didn't work out...then traded the bust for multiple picks...Superbowl

the other (cough chiefs cough) never drafted a QB...then traded multiple picks for a bust backup...

ain't science

Chief_For_Life58 05-06-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661559)
Ravens:

2006: Chris Chester
2007: N/A
2008: Ray Rice
2009: Paul Kruger
2010: Sergio Kindle; Terrence Cody
2011: Torrey Smith
2012: Courtney Upshaw; Kelechi Osemele

Few good, few busts.

what happened to sergio kindle? did he retire cus he broke his skull open falling down the stairs?

Hootie 05-06-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661565)
one team is doing it right, one isn't...couldn't be more clear

one drafted a QB, then another when that didn't work out...then traded the bust for multiple picks...Superbowl

the other (cough chiefs cough) never drafted a QB...then traded multiple picks for a bust backup...

ain't science

we traded Chris Chester and Ray Rice for Alex Smith.

big ****ing deal

or did you want another year with Brady Quinn and Matt Cassel?

or did you want to take Geno Smith #1 when he went #39?

Hootie 05-06-2013 10:32 AM

did people expect this conditional 2nd to only be a 2nd if we went 14-2 and Alex Smith won the MVP?

...I'm not quite sure what everyone is up in arms about

we've known this for a long time now

HemiEd 05-06-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661259)
next year we'll be 8-8 with no 2nd round pick to use for a trade up

according to Chiefs fans, we're going to get our QBOTF in next years draft...and remember, any qb we draft has to be completely risk free like ANDREW LUCK OMG!!

genious

Exactly. I don't see how any fan of this team that has been following them even casually, can have any hope this team plans on drafting a QB.

Chief_For_Life58 05-06-2013 10:33 AM

having to give up a '14 2nd if we go better than 8&8 is pretty shitty but what were our ****in options? Draft EJ or Geno 1.1 and start em day 1? none of the gms in the league thought they were any good and thats why they fell. I kept forcing myself to believe in Geno but in the end Dorsey and AR got the best qb that was available this offseason. period. Ive come around on it. Weve just gotta pray to baby jesus that they dont extend AS and we see how our qb group plans out in the next 2 years. Chiefs have always sucked so im not really worried about it anymore. Ive made my peace with forever mediocrity.

HemiEd 05-06-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9661260)
Luck was a "generational talent," and the Chiefs weren't in a position to draft him.

Welp, there's always hope for the next generation.

For the next few years it will be: They were already off the board by our pick, and we didn't have the ammo or a trade partner to move up.

Chief_For_Life58 05-06-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9661579)
For the next few years it will be: They were already off the board by our pick, and we didn't have the ammo or a trade partner to move up.

Dorsey knows what hes doing. If theres a qb in reach, he'll trade up for him. He knows the value of a qb and he knows what it takes to win in the modern nfl, a qb.

RunKC 05-06-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9661401)
I'm pretty sure that the 2014 QB draft class isn't as good as the 2013. Logan Thomas was downright horrible this past season and wanted to come out, but was basically forced back into school through his own terrible play. He's a hobo's version of EJ Manuel.

Aaron Murray is as up and down as you can find at the QB spot and has never played up to the competition. Comparable to Ryan Nassib.

Teddy Bridgewater is a nice player, but he's not at the same level as Geno Smith in terms of tools, arm and presence.

Tajh Boyd is decent and has improved, but he's not Russell Wilson by any stretch.

IMO, the best two QB's of this class are Chuckie Keeton of Utah State (absolute winner with a great arm and excellent athleticism - reminds me of a smaller Colin Kaepernick at the same stage) and Marcus Mariota of Oregon. Both are very accurate, athletic with very good arms. Both are winners. Both are coming off superb 2012 seasons and aren't getting any attention from the national press for whatever reason. But both will be juniors and might not even declare. I'd take Keeton in a heartbeat if I were the Chiefs.

JFC you are stupid. Teddy Bridgewater looks like a very good QB prospect and he's easily better than Geno Smith in almost every single facet.

Mav 05-06-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9661541)
Butts in the seats

Alex Smith may manage the talented roster into the playoffs, but it won't be because of him.

The worst team in football with 6 pro bowlers, oh yeah it will be because of that trade that the team gets to 10 and 6.

Fair point. But if you were going into another season with Matt Cassel, or Brady Quinn, you would be picking top 5 again. At the very least, Alex Smith is not going to turn the ball over......That in it of itself, is reason enough to justify 2 2nd round picks. A qb that wont cost you games. Remember, more games are lost, than won. Statistics back that up.

ChiefaRoo 05-06-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9661102)
Can you imagine if we go 8-8, then come draft time we will be holding about the 17th pick in the first round and no second round pick. I literally cannot comprehend a situation like that.

KC needs a Guard in the first. No worries. :)

BigRedChief 05-06-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9661541)

The pro bowl is a joke. Matt Cassell was a pro bowler.

I consider last years team the worst in football and a national joke. When Leno/Fallon are making jokes about how much you suck............ thats the definition of a national joke of a team.

If we go to the playoffs it will because of Reif/Dorsey's moves not because of ***** stocked the team with talent.

HemiEd 05-06-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9661582)
Dorsey knows what hes doing. If theres a qb in reach, he'll trade up for him. He knows the value of a qb and he knows what it takes to win in the modern nfl, a qb.

http://i40.tinypic.com/wcjrwz.jpg

Mav 05-06-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9661615)

I consider last years team the worst in football and a national joke. When Leno/Fallon are making jokes about how much you suck............ thats the definition of a national joke of a team.

If we go to the playoffs it will because of Reif/Dorsey's moves not because of ***** stocked the team with talent.

and reids coaching. It will be amazing to see what an Nfl offense looks like compared to brian Dabolls pee wee play book.....

HemiEd 05-06-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9661615)

:LOL: Cassel went to the probowl because he was an alternate and the team was 10 and 6 while beating nobody.

This team has been the Leno joke many times in the last few years, nothing new. Right now this team has more talent IMO than it has in many years, except behind center.

If you have been following my posts, I was very skeptical of the RAC hire as HC, and that, along with absolute shit at the coordinator positions, was a large part of the fail along with Cassel.

This team should go 8-8 with anyone behind center other than Cassel, and a HC and coordinators that can spell their own names correctly twice in a row.

saphojunkie 05-06-2013 11:02 AM

Perfect season?

Win 7 games at home by thirty points each.

Lose 9 other games by one point.

In last game of season, Alex Smith is benched for Chase Daniel who breaks his finger (by getting punched in nose har har har kill me).

Chiefs keep 2nd round pick, have top 10 draft pick. Draft QB. Profit.

RealSNR 05-06-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661554)
Packers 2nd round picks since 2006:

2006: Daryn Colledge; Greg Jennings
2007: Brandon Jackson
2008: Jordy Nelson; Brian Brohm; Patrick Lee
2009: none
2010: Mike Neal
2011: Randall Cobb
2012: Jerel Worthy

So they are good at selecting receivers...but how much does a guy like Aaron Rodgers help their development? Would they be considered good with Matt Cassel? Other than the receivers...big ****ing deal. We land guys like this in the 2nd round all of the time.

Moving on to the Ravens.

Three starting WRs (Cobb will be the WR2 in place of Jennings this season) a starting LG, and a starting DL.

If the Chiefs had the likelihood of hitting that much on 2nd round picks, I guarantee you most of the posters here wouldn't be up for pissing them away on Alex Smiths.

(And yes, I used "pissed away" correctly. Check the lexicon.)

patteeu 05-06-2013 11:05 AM

Most of the people complaining about 2 second round picks for Alex Smith would have loved the reach-tastic risk of using the 1.1 on Geno Smith. Good grief.

Mav 05-06-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9661664)
Three starting WRs (Cobb will be the WR2 in place of Jennings this season) a starting LG, and a starting DL.

If the Chiefs had the likelihood of hitting that much on 2nd round picks, I guarantee you most of the posters here wouldn't be up for pissing them away on Alex Smiths.

(And yes, I used "pissed away" correctly. Check the lexicon.)

probably not on Cobb.

James Jones, the reason they let Greg Jennings leave, and let donald driver retire, is going to be their two. They will use Randall Cobb as a jack of all trades. Slot, running back, kick returner. Cobb is not an outside receiver. the rest is accurate though.

RealSNR 05-06-2013 11:06 AM

5 hits, 4 misses for the Packers in the 2nd round since 2006.

Those picks are practically worthless!

RealSNR 05-06-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9661668)
Most of the people complaining about 2 second round picks for Alex Smith would have loved the reach-tastic risk of using the 1.1 on Geno Smith. Good grief.

Even haters like you put a 2nd round grade on Geno Smith.

You're calling that a reach? In your own goddamn universe that's not a reach.

Mav 05-06-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

well of course. Even though, Geno Smith is showing quickly, how he is incapable of being a mature, professional, while Mark Sanchez is burying him with professionalism, even though he knows that he has as good a chance surviving this season in new york, as i do all day out in the desert with no water, taking him, would show the malcontents that HEY WE ARE TRYING GUYS. never mind that this guy is GARBAGE, we at least tried......

Hootie 05-06-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9661673)

Yeah...they didn't do so bad. Aaron Rodgers probably helps considering three of the hits are receivers....

But I'm still not seeing why Randall Cobb and Daryn Colledge for Alex Smith upsets this idiotic fan base so much?

Darn...we traded Brandon Flowers and Dexter McCluster for Alex Smith.

The world ends.

Mav 05-06-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9661673)

who is the starting lg you are talking about? Colledge plays for the cardinals. Their starting lg is now sitton, they are moving tj ward to right, who was their starter at lg last year.

They essentially hit on three receivers. Failed horribly on a qb, (cut him in training camp to keep matt flynn) they miss on as many draft picks as anyone else.

Hootie 05-06-2013 11:15 AM

And if starting is your definition of hit...name a recent 2nd round pick that hasn't started for us....?

Cobb, Jennings and Nelson are totally legit.

But how great would they be with Matt Cassel?

...and what is so great about the Ravens drafts?

patteeu 05-06-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9661675)
Even haters like you put a 2nd round grade on Geno Smith.

You're calling that a reach? In your own goddamn universe that's not a reach.

I didn't put a grade on Geno Smith. I don't grade prospects.

Using the 1.1 on Geno Smith, which you were advocating, is undeniably a reach given the way the draft actually fell.

And I'm not a hater. I pity the Geno Mafia, I don't hate you. I have no feelings at all about Geno Smith other than I'm glad he's not a Chief now that we find out that Nolan Nawrocki was right about him.

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661573)
did people expect this conditional 2nd to only be a 2nd if we went 14-2 and Alex Smith won the MVP?

...I'm not quite sure what everyone is up in arms about

we've known this for a long time now

I think these stipulations are usually done considering the performance of a player and the few team ones I remember involved playoff/superbowl escalators. I'm believe this may be the first time ever going 500 caused a pick to escalate. Maybe someone can show up past trades that involved escalating draft picks?

Here was Palmers

The Raiders are hoping he can do a lot, having traded a 2012 first-round pick and a conditional second-rounder in 2013 that can become another first if Oakland makes it to the AFC title game in either of the next two years

SAUTO 05-06-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9661717)
I didn't put a grade on Geno Smith. I don't grade prospects.

Using the 1.1 on Geno Smith, which you were advocating, is undeniably a reach given the way the draft actually fell.

And I'm not a hater. I pity the Geno Mafia, I don't hate you. I have no feelings at all about Geno Smith other than I'm glad he's not a Chief now that we find out that Nolan Nawrocki was right about him.

ummmmm... we actually havent found out anything about any of the players just drafted.

jkw87 05-06-2013 11:32 AM

Why can't more people think like this guy before losing it? Yeah, overpriced... But it had to be done.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 11:36 AM

we hired dorsey for his excellence in drafting, and for his belief in building teams through the draft...

Chiefs fans: "2nd round draft picks don't matter"

Then why did the 49ers trade for two second round picks?

Chiefs fans: "herp...."

it is, at the point, literally impossible for this fanbase to be any dumber...

Lex Luthor 05-06-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661753)
we hired dorsey for his excellence in drafting, and for his belief in building teams through the draft...

At least you are trying to understanding the opposing viewpoint instead of just calling anyone who disagrees with you "dumb".

SAUTO 05-06-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661753)

and then add in these stupid ****ing 9er fan/fans (im still not convinced they arent the same person) and we have so much idiocy to deal with its almost enough to make me want to log off and kick myself in the nuts every time i think about logging in.

we've got alexsmithfan who acts as though he has seen every chiefs game ever played and keyed in on all the players. and all his mults.

**** these guys

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9661773)
At least you are trying to understanding the opposing viewpoint instead of just calling anyone who disagrees with you "dumb".

i don't give a shit about people's fee fees

i'm trying to make dumb people understand their own insane stupidity

using 8-8 as benchmark of value is insane...and the Chiefs did it

and it is ****ing stupid

patteeu 05-06-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9661735)
ummmmm... we actually havent found out anything about any of the players just drafted.

Of course we did. We found out how expensive they are and we've learned more about why teams weren't willing to pay the price that Geno's physical talent normally commands.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-06-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661781)
i don't give a shit about people's fee fees

i'm trying to make dumb people understand their own insane stupidity

using 8-8 as benchmark of value is insane...and the Chiefs did it

and it is ****ing stupid

8-8 would be a huge improvement. Open your eyes this team was competitive in only 4 games in 2012. Everything else was a nightmare.

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9661819)
8-8 would be a huge improvement. Open your eyes this team was competitive in only 4 games in 2012. Everything else was a nightmare.

It's ****ing hard to win only 2 games. They could have brought back *****, Romeo and Cassell and still won 4-6 games this year with the schedule.

As far as I can tell from my research escalating a pick if a team finishes 500 is unprecedented. The 9ers bent the Chiefs over in this deal.

Rausch 05-06-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9661819)

When you have two turnovers on your side of the field in the first quarter $3it goes bad quick...

mnchiefsguy 05-06-2013 12:03 PM

Well, I guess it is official now....the Chiefs got fleeced on the trade. Paid way too much for a qb nobody wanted in free agency the year before.

The Niners come out smelling like roses...if the Chiefs do well, the get a mid to late second...and if the Chiefs stink...then they will get a high third.

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:03 PM

by golly gee I'm so mad we traded Brandon Flowers and Dexter McCluster or Daryn Colledge and Greg Jennings for Alex Smith.

we should have just kept the picks and given Stanzi his shot!

ChiefsCountry 05-06-2013 12:03 PM

Actually the 49ers got even more compensation for the Alex Smith. Remember they traded down with the Titans on draft day. Moved down to #40, got a 7th round pick and a 3rd next year.

Essentially the 49ers got for Alex Smith.
Two Second Round Picks
1 Third Round Pick
7th Round Pick

Damn all of that for a shitty quarterback.

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:04 PM

god forbid our new regime comes in and wants to get the best available QB

did I miss this extension they gave him?

seems like he's playing on a team friendly contract and if he blows; he blows

I missed this big extension he was given I guess.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-06-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9661822)
It's ****ing hard to win only 2 games. They could have brought back *****, Romeo and Cassell and still won 4-6 games this year with the schedule.

As far as I can tell from my research escalating a pick if a team finishes 500 is unprecedented. The 9ers bent the Chiefs over in this deal.

Did the Falcons bend over the Texans when they got Schaub? They got 2 2nd round picks too. It's the going rate for QB's

Titty Meat 05-06-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661838)

Yeah if he blows we only gave up 2 good picks. No big deal.

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:05 PM

how is Alex Smith a shitty QB?

he is what he is

but people are grossly overreacting about how "bad" he is

some of you people are just miserable human beings

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9661840)
Yeah if he blows we only gave up 2 good picks. No big deal.

yep

because Daryn Colledge and Greg Jennings would have turned this franchise around

HemiEd 05-06-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9661776)
and then add in these stupid ****ing 9er fan/fans (im still not convinced they arent the same person) and we have so much idiocy to deal with its almost enough to make me want to log off and kick myself in the nuts every time i think about logging in.

we've got alexsmithfan who acts as though he has seen every chiefs game ever played and keyed in on all the players. and all his mults.

**** these guys

The ignore function works wonders for posters like this.

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:08 PM

FLIP SIDE

what if he's good?

what if his success the last few years developed some confidence and swagger and suddenly he plays a lot like Trent Green?

you guys play your what if games and I'll play mine

he only ended his season on an absolute tear...playing the best football of his life

KCDC 05-06-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 9661582)

Trade up with what? He has traded away our second pick and with an 8-8 record next year, we'll have the #16th pick. No chance to get an elite QB with that. We have to wait for QBs with "issues" to fall to us at #16 or in the third round. Same crap we had this year.

HemiEd 05-06-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

That works both ways. The pain is only guaranteed for one season, but then again, those picks were given up for one season.

There is no reasonable defense for giving up those two picks for a mediocre at best QB for one season, or 6. The fact that multiple 2nds have been wasted by this franchise over the years, does not excuse this mistake.

Lex Luthor 05-06-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9661858)
Trade up with what? He has traded away our second pick and with an 8-8 record next year, we'll have the #16th pick. No chance to get an elite QB with that. We have to wait for QBs with "issues" to fall to us at #16 or in the third round. Same crap we had this year.

Geno Smith was drafted with the #39 pick. Just sayin'.

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:15 PM

I wasn't thrilled with the move, but I understand it.

I've seen good things from Alex Smith and I expect him to perform well. At least I can have optimism for 2013.

HemiEd 05-06-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661853)
FLIP SIDE

what if he's good?

what if his success the last few years developed some confidence and swagger and suddenly he plays a lot like Trent Green?

he only ended his season on an absolute tear...playing the best football of his life

There is the problem.
With the best running game in the NFL, Trent Green didn't win a playoff game. I don't want to settle for another Trent Green.

But hey, at least they had that 13 and 3 season and the 9 and 7 back into the playoffs year! Woot!

Now cue up the "defense sucked so bad that they didn't win in the playoffs" posts. Last I checked, the Colts didn't make the Chiefs punt either, but they won!

Chief Roundup 05-06-2013 12:18 PM

Vaginas are bleeding again I see.

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661833)
by golly gee I'm so mad we traded Brandon Flowers and Dexter McCluster or Daryn Colledge and Greg Jennings for Alex Smith.

we should have just kept the picks and given Stanzi his shot!

Nice straw man.

ChiliConCarnage 05-06-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

are you carrying on one conversation as Hootie in this thread... ?

and another as the Talking Can?

you both have the exact same posting style and it's pretty unique...

you both like to use ellipses a lot even before or after questions marks

you tend to use lower case letters to start new sentences but capitalize nouns

you like to post in quick sentences a lot followed by double or triple spaces

I can't imagine any person doing that but when scrolling through this thread they looked incredibly similar

ChiefsCountry 05-06-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

FLIP SIDE

what if he's good?

He played well but he never threw the ball and when he did they lost. Andy Reid since 1999 has averaged 35 pass attempts per game. Smith only did that once last year and lost. He threw the ball 30 or more times 3 times. They went 1-2. 3 TDs and 4 Ints. If Reid plays normal Reid football we are screwed. If Reid plays MartyBall we might win some games.

Lex Luthor 05-06-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9661867)
There is the problem.
With the best running game in the NFL, Trent Green didn't win a playoff game. I don't want to settle for another Trent Green.

But hey, at least they had that 13 and 3 season and the 9 and 7 back into the playoffs year! Woot!

Now cue up the "defense sucked so bad that they didn't win in the playoffs" posts. Last I checked, the Colts didn't make the Chiefs punt either, but they won!

The definition of going full reerun: Blaming Trent Green for losing in the playoffs when the offense was great and the defense was among the worst in the NFL.

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:20 PM

we wouldn't settle for another Trent Green?

LMAO

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9661839)
Did the Falcons bend over the Texans when they got Schaub? They got 2 2nd round picks too. It's the going rate for QB's

No. Schaub wasn young and has upside and can throw the ball downfield. Schaub > Smith

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:21 PM

If Alex Smith gave us what Trent Green gave us that was an absolute STEAL of a trade for us.

The Rams selected Damione Lewis with our 1st for Trent.

This is a DaneMcCloud argument. He said the trade for Trent was a fail because we didn't win. He also said the 4th for Roaf was a fail for the same reason.

and I continue to say that's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard

Titty Meat 05-06-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661843)
yep

because Daryn Colledge and Greg Jennings would have turned this franchise around

You would take a few seasons of an average QB over 10 years of production from the other 2 mentioned?

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:22 PM

I would say Matt Schaub is a fair comparison to Alex Smith.

I think Alex Smith can be Matt Schaub.

Not sexy, I agree. It would take a total team effort for us to do any real damage in games that matter. I get that.

but someone please point to a QB this year that the Chiefs could have gotten that fits the mold of someone better than Trent Green

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

FLIP SIDE

what if he's good?

That tear avg'd about 180 yards per game passing.

ChiefsCountry 05-06-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661887)
If Alex Smith gave us what Trent Green gave us that was an absolute STEAL of a trade for us.

The Rams selected Damione Lewis with our 1st for Trent.

This is a DaneMcCloud argument. He said the trade for Trent was a fail because we didn't win. He also said the 4th for Roaf was a fail for the same reason.

and I continue to say that's the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard

Of course the other option was Drew Brees, who was the #1 number player on our draft board at that slot.

HemiEd 05-06-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9661879)
The definition of going full reerun: Blaming Trent Green for losing in the playoffs when the offense was great and the defense was among the worst in the NFL.

Read much? Please show me where I blamed him.
He just wasn't good enough to overcome a bad defense.
He wasn't as good as he needed to be, but Peyton Manning was.
I want a QB that is ****ing good enough to win in the playoffs no matter the hand he is dealt! Like a Joe Montana or similar.
Why do the Chiefs always have to wear "hand me down clothes" with holes in them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661881)
we wouldn't settle for another Trent Green?

LMAO

That is what you want? Well if it is, Alex Smith just might be able to reach that lofty goal. Enjoy. The legend continues to grow.

Lex Luthor 05-06-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9661916)
Read much? Please show me where I blamed him.
He just wasn't good enough to overcome a bad defense.
He wasn't as good as he needed to be, but Peyton Manning was.

That is what you want? Well if it is, Alex Smith just might be able to reach that lofty goal. Enjoy. The legend continues to grow.

So now Peyton Manning is the standard? If a quarterback isn't Peyton Manning, he's not worth acquiring?

News flash: There were no Peyton Mannings or Joe Montanas available this year either in free agency or the draft. The closest thing out there is going to start for the Chiefs next season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Well, like all the world-beating champions say, "if you're going to reach in this league, DEFINITELY reach for a Tackle or 5-tech", yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 05-06-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9661905)
Of course the other option was Drew Brees, who was the #1 number player on our draft board at that slot.

which is all fine and dandy if you try and forget Drew Brees was a bust and San Diego drafted Eli Manning

he was benched for Doug Flutie

they gave up on him

Rivers' holdout gave him one last chance and he took it and ran.