ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

SuperChief 06-29-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7721286)

I wish I knew how all this stuff worked - I'm looking into getting a new system myself, and was wanting to "build" my own like you have done. Any advice on how to do that?

On a different note: I've never played a BF title, and after reading this thread I think I might purchase both BF:BC2 and BF3. I'm pretty solid at MW2 - will any of these skills mean a thing when playing BF? Do they translate at all?

Pants 06-29-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7721388)
I wish I knew how all this stuff worked - I'm looking into getting a new system myself, and was wanting to "build" my own like you have done. Any advice on how to do that?

On a different note: I've never played a BF title, and after reading this thread I think I might purchase both BF:BC2 and BF3. I'm pretty solid at MW2 - will any of these skills mean a thing when playing BF? Do they translate at all?

I pwned BFBC2 deathmatches pretty hard and my MW2 KDR was like a very pedestrian 1.25 I think. The meat of the game is in other game modes though where you get to use tanks, helicopters, cars and various other means of killing and capturing things besides just shooting people in the head.

loochy 06-29-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Eh I don't really have any quick and dirty guide that breaks it all down. You just kind of learn what is compatible with what, then you get an idea of how much you want to spend, then you go to Newegg and look at things in your price range, then you read reviews to decide which one to get.

Start with processor and compatible motherboard type, then decide what features you want on the motherboard, then decide on memory, then decide on video card, then decide on hard drives, etc etc. It just takes some time to learn about stuff.

Quote:

I've never played any of the BF: Bad Company games, but I think they have different gameplay than BF2 and BF3. BF2 (and I assume BF3) are based on teamwork and squadwork. You need a commander to give UAV support, artillery support, supply drops, vehicle drops, direct squad leaders, and direct pilots and airstrikes. Then you have individual squads of 5 that require a smart leader plus an appropriate mix of kit types. It's not a game that is a whole lot of fun if you just jump in and try to run off by yourself and shoot people. I think BC2 is more of a traditional shooter.

ToxSocks 06-29-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7721426)

I've never played any of the BF: Bad Company games, but I think they have different gameplay than BF2 and BF3. BF2 (and I assume BF3) are based on teamwork and squadwork. You need a commander to give UAV support, artillery support, supply drops, vehicle drops, direct squad leaders, and direct pilots and airstrikes. Then you have individual squads of 5 that require a smart leader plus an appropriate mix of kit types. It's not a game that is a whole lot of fun if you just jump in and try to run off by yourself and shoot people. I think BC2 is more of a traditional shooter.

So basically if you don't like talking on the mic then you're kinda ****ed?

Pants 06-29-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Eh I don't really have any quick and dirty guide that breaks it all down. You just kind of learn what is compatible with what, then you get an idea of how much you want to spend, then you go to Newegg and look at things in your price range, then you read reviews to decide which one to get.

Start with processor and compatible motherboard type, then decide what features you want on the motherboard, then decide on memory, then decide on video card, then decide on hard drives, etc etc. It just takes some time to learn about stuff.

Don't think we'll have commanders in BF3.

loochy 06-29-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7721429)
So basically if you don't like talking on the mic then you're kinda ****ed?

Yeah, it's nowhere near as good if you don't talk. Strangely enough though, I haven't noticed many annoying little kids. A lot of more mature adults seem to play this game.

Bambi 06-29-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7721458)
Yeah, it's nowhere near as good if you don't talk. Strangely enough though, I haven't noticed many annoying little kids. A lot of more mature adults seem to play this game.

BFBC2 mics = Lots of former or current military and a user probably between the ages of 25-35

MW2 = n*gger, f*ggot..... pretty much mayhem

dirk digler 06-29-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

That is correct. I still play BF2 quite a bit and all the stupid noobs are gone so it is a lot better

SuperChief 06-30-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7721286)

So how is this system working for you? Pros? Cons? Do you use it mostly for gaming?

Quesadilla Joe 07-20-2011 03:50 PM

Some new Battlefield 3 multiplayer gameplay.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ak7g0NpeSKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quesadilla Joe 07-20-2011 03:57 PM

ROFL EA sure took that down quick.

Bambi 07-21-2011 08:28 AM

shit, what was it?

kepp 07-21-2011 11:19 AM

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/b...mbat-20110721/

That has some MP outtakes. Not sure if its the same as what they took down.

Kraus 07-21-2011 11:37 AM

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XhBjBy5OOFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And a preview of the PS3 version:

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/4...-28-fbfantrack

SuperChief 07-21-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7761450)
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XhBjBy5OOFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And a preview of the PS3 version:

http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/4...-28-fbfantrack

I cannot wait for this game to release. That vid was sick!

Pants 07-21-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7761482)
I cannot wait for this game to release. That vid was sick!

It won't look as good nor will it run as smooth on the 360, but it's still going to be mindblowingly good.

Ungh!

SuperChief 07-21-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7761486)
It won't look as good nor will it run as smooth on the 360, but it's still going to be mindblowingly good.

Ungh!

None of my friends play BF. We all usually play COD on 360 (modern warfare 2. NEVER BlackOps. **** that game). Anyway, I keep trying to talk them into trying BF with me. None will budge. So I said **** 'em, I'm getting BF3 for PC when I get done finishing my PC build.

Can't. ****ing. Wait.

Pants 07-21-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7761519)
None of my friends play BF. We all usually play COD on 360 (modern warfare 2. NEVER BlackOps. **** that game). Anyway, I keep trying to talk them into trying BF with me. None will budge. So I said **** 'em, I'm getting BF3 for PC when I get done finishing my PC build.

Can't. ****ing. Wait.

Kraus, my IRL friend and I can usually carry the whole team with our 3-man squad alone in BC2, you can play with us if you want. It's a good time, man.

Playing it on PC will definitely be a really nice experience, though.

Kraus 07-21-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7761552)
Kraus, my IRL friend and I can usually carry the whole team with our 3-man squad alone in BC2, you can play with us if you want. It's a good time, man.

I played some BFBC2 last night with my cousin, BigKaboom1. It was frustrating to say the least. Still so many stupid people, and normally they get stuck on my team. We would single-handedly take a station, only to lose 1-2 more that our entire team couldn't hold.

SuperChief 07-21-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7761552)

Thanks for the offer. I'm curious as to how my COD "skills" :drool: will translate to BF3. I've been working on a solid 1.55 K/D ratio playing MW2, with about 19 days of play time in (lame, I know).

Pants 07-21-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7761571)
Thanks for the offer. I'm curious as to how my COD "skills" :drool: will translate to BF3. I've been working on a solid 1.55 K/D ratio playing MW2, with about 19 days of play time in (lame, I know).

Did you ever play any BF:BC2?

Kraus 07-21-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7761571)

Most people I know that make the switch stay at about the same skill level. The thing with BF is you have to work as a team. One guy making a ton of kills doesn't really do a whole lot in BF unless he has a team backing him up.

Pants 07-21-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7761594)
Most people I know that make the switch stay at about the same skill level. The thing with BF is you have to work as a team. One guy making a ton of kills doesn't really do a whole lot in BF unless he has a team backing him up.

Yeah, sometimes, you have to actually sacrifice your life for the sake of getting the objective.

AndChiefs 07-21-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7761594)

Not me. 2.8 k/d in COD...1.15 in BF.

Kraus 07-21-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 7761618)

It's because when I played with you, you just sat in a building and sniped from half a map away.

;)

Pants 07-21-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 7761618)

TDM is much, much easier in BC2, IMO. It's the other game modes where your KDR suffers. In COD, though, you can boost your KDR like crazy in other game modes if that's your main concern.

AndChiefs 07-21-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7761623)
It's because when I played with you, you just sat in a building and sniped from half a map away.

;)

You must be thinking of somebody else...I never use sniper rifles. I suck with them.

AndChiefs 07-21-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7761626)
TDM is much, much easier in BC2, IMO. It's the other game modes where your KDR suffers. In COD, though, you can boost your KDR like crazy in other game modes if that's your main concern.

Yeah I play mainly domination in COD. Dogs/chopper gunner really boost your kd/r. I'd say that's the main difference.

Kraus 07-21-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 7761633)
You must be thinking of somebody else...I never use sniper rifles. I suck with them.

Aren't you Unknown Newbie?

SuperChief 07-21-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7761583)
Did you ever play any BF:BC2?

Never have. As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've played any in the Battlefield series. I plan on getting a copy of BC2 before trying BF3, though, to get some practice in.

Kraus 07-21-2011 01:05 PM

BTW I really need some people to play BFBC2: Vietnam with...

AndChiefs 07-21-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7761636)
Aren't you Unknown Newbie?

Aye. Once in awhile I might mess around with a sniper rifle but generally I use smg/lmg type stuff.

Just looked up my stats. Around 120 of my kills are sniper rifles.

Pants 07-21-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7761642)

Will you still play BF3 with me if I don't play Vietnam with you?

:grovel:

Kraus 07-21-2011 01:23 PM

Yes. Can you still pick up Vietnam you cheapass?

Pants 07-21-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7761683)
Yes. Can you still pick up Vietnam you cheapass?

LMAO

I feel like I already retired from BC2 and Black Ops. Once I stop playing a game for a while, it's very hard for me to get back into it.

Quesadilla Joe 07-21-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7761086)
shit, what was it?

I'm not a Battlefield player so I couldn't really tell you anything other than I guess they put in a new "dolphin dive" or slide to prone thing and the sniper did it a couple times....

Kraus 07-21-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7761688)
LMAO

I feel like I already retired from BC2 and Black Ops. Once I stop playing a game for a while, it's very hard for me to get back into it.

Come'on, do it!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JoqDYcCDOTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bambi 07-21-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7761642)

on Xbox?

Gamertag: Vickedson

Kraus 07-21-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7762274)
on Xbox?

Gamertag: Vickedson

Trespasser 989, you're on my friends list. Catch me sometime. I'm normally on late nights.

Kraus 07-26-2011 11:31 AM

30 minutes of BF3

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JuoU7uBNvP0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2LILgS-M2xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pants 07-26-2011 12:13 PM

That is just beautiful.

The sound is even better than it was in BC2... That bipod in the end is going to rape so so much, LOL!

QuikSsurfer 07-26-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7773949)
30 minutes of BF3

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JuoU7uBNvP0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2LILgS-M2xo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

for top of page

Pants 07-26-2011 12:18 PM

Serious ****ing boner right now.

ZootedGranny 07-26-2011 12:36 PM

The audio in this game is so amazing that I openly weep while watching these videos.

Kraus 07-26-2011 01:48 PM

PC to Console differences:

Quote:

Speaking to Gamezone (via CVG), DICE head Patrick Bach said the console versions of Battlefield 3 will restrict the number of players allowed in multiplayer, down from 64 on PC to just 24.

"The biggest difference between the PC and console version of Battlefield 3 is that we have 64 players on PC and 24 players maximum on console," Bach said. "The rest is more or less the same: we use the same engine, the same technology, the same animation system, the same lighting system. Our aim is to give the player the exact same experience and not try to dumb down the console version.

"If you want the same quality of game, I would say it's really, really hard. We tried to get more players in [to the console version] but then you need to scale down all the graphics, scale down all the destructibility, and sometimes you need to scale down all the map sizes. Everything is a compromise on: where do you cut?

"You could argue that other games do [fewer] players as well. There are games that do less, and there are games that do more. We don't see games that have more players as a better experience, so having more players per se doesn't automatically give you a better experience."

Bach also outlined the differences in the game's maps between console and PC.

"More or less. When we say they are smaller, it's not that we have cut them in half. But we tried to compact them slightly to keep the action up. If you compare it to Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the maps weren't really small on console. We actually had huge maps even for console. We have the same kind of angle on it right now [in Battlefield 3].

We want to create the same experience for PC as for consoles."

Pants 07-26-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7774407)
PC to Console differences:

12 v 12... Sounds good to me.

Bambi 07-26-2011 02:29 PM

What is BC2? 16 v 16?

If it means that there are no gameplay scale backs then I guess I can accept 12 v 12. :)

Kraus 07-26-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negreppedson (Post 7774512)
What is BC2? 16 v 16?

If it means that there are no gameplay scale backs then I guess I can accept 12 v 12. :)

BC2 is 12 vs 12.

Pants 07-26-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negreppedson (Post 7774512)
What is BC2? 16 v 16?

The graphics are going to be scaled back no matter what on the consoles, that shit is double speak. Last time I checked, xbizzy could not run dx11.

Frostbite 2.0 is really a graphics engine that is more suitable for the next generation of consoles. The current ones just don't have enough juice.

Kraus 07-26-2011 03:20 PM

I disappointed they didn't add at least a few players to the BFBC2 total. We should have at least gotten 16 vs 16.

IMO I'd rather have larger battles and worse graphics. I play for the gameplay and not how it looks.

Bambi 07-26-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7774752)
I disappointed they didn't add at least a few players to the BFBC2 total. We should have at least gotten 16 vs 16.

IMO I'd rather have larger battles and worse graphics. I play for the gameplay and not how it looks.

haha, yep

I still play on an old tv thats only about 27"

The lower the graphics, the faster I am than you is how I've always done shooters

Saulbadguy 07-27-2011 07:42 PM

Anyone else get a Battlefield 3 Alpha code?

SuperChief 07-28-2011 08:38 AM

This graphics vs. gameplay talk is silly. Why not get BF3 for PC and enjoy it all AT THE SAME TIME. Extraordinary concept. Bunng...

Pants 07-28-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperChief (Post 7780393)
This graphics vs. gameplay talk is silly. Why not get BF3 for PC and enjoy it all AT THE SAME TIME. Extraordinary concept. Bunng...

Because I want to play it with people who I enjoy playing the game with. That's a lot more important than graphics to me, brah.

loochy 07-28-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7780581)
Because I want to play it with people who I enjoy playing the game with. That's a lot more important than graphics to me, brah.

What's wrong with PC people?

Pants 07-28-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7781450)
What's wrong with PC people?

Nothing. I just somehow doubt the people I play on the xbizzy with will all go out and spend $700 on new rigs to play BF3 on high settings.

WhitiE 07-28-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7779233)
Anyone else get a Battlefield 3 Alpha code?

How do we get one?

WhitiE 07-29-2011 04:47 PM

pre-ordered my game today

thecoffeeguy 08-16-2011 09:39 AM

Holy crap. Check this out!

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NDDfPxF3EFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kepp 08-16-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy (Post 7828635)

DAMN

Mr. Plow 08-16-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NDDfPxF3EFE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

That's ****ing awesome!

Pants 08-16-2011 10:04 AM

That looks about right.

Kraus 08-16-2011 10:07 AM

Sweet.

Kraus 08-16-2011 10:09 AM

Co-op detailed:

Quote:

Karl Magnus Troedsson, General Manager DICE and Patrick Soderlund, EVP of EA Games took the stage at GamesCon 2011 to talk about Battlefield 3's new co-op multiplayer mode. The co-op mode for BF3 will feature the "full range of Battlefield gameplay including ground and air vehicles, missions and tight urban warfare."

The co-op demo that the two were playing featured a mission where they had to rescue a high-value target and escort him to safety. Other than campaign missions with friends, you'll also be able to compete with players to see who can complete missions more quickly, and achieve leaderboard rankings. Also, Battlefield 3 wants to take your social experience to a new level, so whethe you're on your PC, console or mobile devices. Battleblog will keep you informed of every update from your friends, all in real time.
The two started the demo by praising BF3 as "the best Battlefield experience ever," and mentioning that "Battlefield 3 is the best, modern warfare experience game this year.”
Battlefield 3 is coming out for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on October 25.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...#ixzz1VD0KoRnJ

Bambi 08-16-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NDDfPxF3EFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lord have mercy.

Pants 08-16-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 7828713)
Co-op detailed:

They need to fix that abortion of the lobby before they do anything else.

AndChiefs 08-16-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7828742)
They need to fix that abortion of the lobby before they do anything else.

This.

Quesadilla Joe 08-19-2011 01:47 PM

http://www.thetechgame.com/News/sid=...y-exposed.html

Pants 08-19-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7836195)

OH.

MAH.

GAWD.

Bambi 09-01-2011 12:58 PM

nice little fan trailer

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cEhf92zDreU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 09-01-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Negreppedson (Post 7869523)
nice little fan trailer

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cEhf92zDreU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome

crispystl 09-02-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7869569)
Awesome

HOLY SHIT. I quit buying the NCAA football games and Madden, and even COD's but I can't pass up the Battlefield games. Battlefield 2 on the original xbox (I think that's what it was) was my favorite game ever.

SnakeXJones 09-02-2011 06:17 PM

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/55094/bat...-28-fbfantrack

:drool:

crispystl 09-02-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeXJones (Post 7874891)

Damn I can't wait. What is the release date?

Setsuna 09-02-2011 08:24 PM

I have never played battlefield but I want this one bad. No more CoD for me!

Pants 09-02-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 7874897)
Damn I can't wait. What is the release date?

dirk digler 09-02-2011 09:45 PM

I wish they would release the Hardware specs so I can start rebuilding my PC for this game

Kyle DeLexus 09-02-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 7875133)
I have never played battlefield but I want this one bad. No more CoD for me!

Same kinda. I'm trying to decide between Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, or the new CoD. It's in that order right now.

crispystl 09-03-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7875351)
Same kinda. I'm trying to decide between Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, or the new CoD. It's in that order right now.

Are they using the same engine AGAIN on MW3?

Valiant 09-03-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 7875351)

Just buy BF3 on PC.. well as long as you have a good computer..