ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Books COMIC BOOK PEOPLE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277123)

beach tribe 07-31-2014 06:54 AM

DC should have Bucky Barnes'd robin YEARS ago.

Robin is still a fairy, and Bucky Barnes is the Fn Winter Soldier.

Pretty much Marvel and DC in a microcosm.

lcarus 07-31-2014 08:40 AM

I got an early copy of the new Batman animated movie "Assault On Arkham". I watched the first 30 minutes or so. HATED IT. Damn I just hated the villains in this one. "Captain Boomerang"? First of all, who the **** is that? Secondly, that's the dumbest villain concept I've ever heard next to the intentionally stupid Condiment King.

Son of Batman wasn't great either. Seems after the amazing Under the Red Hood, and pretty good Dark Knight Returns and Year One, they're getting worse and worse.

DaveNull 07-31-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10777336)

You know they're doing that now with Grayson, right?

The first issue was ok..but not great.

Ragged Robin 07-31-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10777336)

They made "Robin" Nightwing in the mid 80s.. Marvel just sort of did the same thing and made more noise with it with Bucky in the mainstream/movie industry LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 10777550)
You know they're doing that now with Grayson, right?

The first issue was ok..but not great.

It's crap, as I thought it would be. New 52 has been the complete character assassination of Dick Grayson.

Aries Walker 07-31-2014 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10777335)
If costumes had brands, they would be the same brand.

Again, no they wouldn't.

- The boots are the closest; while hers have heels and their colors are different, they are of similar style.
- They are both wearing tights, but they are of different colors, and hers are striped where his are not.
- They are both wearing jackets, but they are have different cuts, colors, and collars, their logos are placed differently, and hers has pockets where his does not.
- Their gloves are completely different.
- Their belts are completely different.
- Their headgear is completely different.
- Their capes are close in length and color; other than that, they are different shapes, necklines, fasteners, and - judging by the way they hang - fabric.

Replace the costumes with suits, interpreting the capes as vests. Imagine two people wearing three-piece suits in which their vests were the same color, their shoes were similar, and they each had pleated pants. Literally every other aspect - fabric, cut, color, design, accessories - of the two suits were different. Would you call them 'similar'?

Aries Walker 07-31-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10777567)
They made "Robin" Nightwing in the mid 80s.. Marvel just sort of did the same thing and made more noise with it with Bucky in the mainstream/movie industry LMAO

That is to say, Marvel did it better. I can live with that.

Jamie 07-31-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10777567)

Marvel also extensively retconned Bucky's history to make him more interesting, and made him look cool. DC put Robin in a shitty disco suit. In 1984.

http://i.imgur.com/y6kP3JC.jpg

lcarus 07-31-2014 12:01 PM

Has anyone checked out the new 52 Nightwing comics? I've heard they were pretty cool.

Ragged Robin 08-01-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10777960)
Has anyone checked out the new 52 Nightwing comics? I've heard they were pretty cool.

They were really bad under Kyle Higgins.. he drove that character to the ground and now that title is cancelled because Nightwing is "dead" :facepalm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10777739)

Basically, yeah ROFL

DaveNull 10-25-2014 07:59 AM

Anyone else headed to the Free State Comicon today?

Rausch 10-25-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10777739)

Marvel and DC have been stealing ideas, writers, and artists from each other for decades.

Rausch 10-25-2014 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 10774033)
I'm going to have to seek out that Hulk vs. Wolverine series.

The ultimate Hulk v Wolverine is excellent.

Psyko Tek 10-25-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10774329)
Haven't been keeping up on anything ongoing because I'm kind of a DC guy and New 52 has been utter ****ing shit from the get go but anyone else find it hilarious that all the hipsters are raving about Cameron Stewart's new Batgirl design when... it's basically the exact same as Quitely/Daniels's Damian Wayne outfit that's existed for like 3/almost-four-ish years?

http://i.imgur.com/cCb8kvK.png

Damian's dead, she gets his hand me downs and a boob reduction

Valiant 10-26-2014 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 11052942)
Damian's dead, she gets his hand me downs and a boob reduction

He is not dead anymore.

As for her, it is because of all the feminism in comics going on and desexing the costumes.

Which I find funny, because almost every male costume is just as revealing.

Aries Walker 10-26-2014 02:43 PM

Now, perhaps. Over time? Not a chance.

salame 10-27-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11049558)
Anyone else headed to the Free State Comicon today?

I went out there.
Did you get anything good?

DaveNull 10-27-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11059816)
I went out there.
Did you get anything good?

Meh...I found three of five issues of Red Skull Incarnate, vol 3 of the Frank Miller Daredevil run ($5) and a couple other random self contained trades for $3 a piece. I go with a friend who is a lot more into collection of single issues so I'm not as intent on digging as he typically is.

I suppose the real highlight was meeting Kyle Strahm who is drawing Spread for Image right now. Picked up a first printing #1 that he signed and a black and white print of the first issue cover. Super nice dude. He lives somewhere in midtown.

I needed a break from every day life so it was a successful day.

salame 11-01-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11060115)
Meh...I found three of five issues of Red Skull Incarnate, vol 3 of the Frank Miller Daredevil run ($5) and a couple other random self contained trades for $3 a piece. I go with a friend who is a lot more into collection of single issues so I'm not as intent on digging as he typically is.

I suppose the real highlight was meeting Kyle Strahm who is drawing Spread for Image right now. Picked up a first printing #1 that he signed and a black and white print of the first issue cover. Super nice dude. He lives somewhere in midtown.

I needed a break from every day life so it was a successful day.

Yeah Strahm was cool I had him sign my Spread 1-3 and bought the 4th issue from him. I didn't think this years was as good as last year. I spent about $50 on stuff I could have just got at any other shop in the city. At those shops I wouldn't have had to pay $5 to in though :/

Planet Comicon should be sick this year though. I heard that they made a SHIT TON of money last year and plan to do it really big this year. The guest list is supposed to be the best one yet. We'll see.

DaveNull 11-02-2014 08:04 PM

Planet is pricey at the door for someone that doesn't care about meeting c-list celebrities though. I like Free State because I go in with some coin to drop on comics instead of admission.

salame 11-06-2014 12:13 PM

I like Planet because I can get my books signed by the artists and writers I like. I have never stood in line for any celebrity there.

DaveNull 11-06-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11089303)
I like Planet because I can get my books signed by the artists and writers I like. I have never stood in line for any celebrity there.

If the artists/authors I like are there, I'll definitely be there. It's just a matter of whether Fraction/Zdarsky/Aja/Brubaker/Aaron will be.

I've got a first printing and a first printing of the fourth printing of Sex Criminals just dying to get signed.

Ragged Robin 11-06-2014 09:27 PM

I don't mind smaller cons, in fact I probably prefer it just to support the scene and to check out local talent. I'm not really the type that goes to cons to haul in a bunch of stuff though, I just like like cosplaying with friends and hanging out with people, going to panels, meeting awesome artists I read, etc. I'm going to Wizard World Comic Con: Portland at the end of January and Emerald City Comic Con later in March.. basically anything up here in the Pacific Northwest I'm down for.

salame 11-07-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11090589)
I don't mind smaller cons, in fact I probably prefer it just to support the scene and to check out local talent. I'm not really the type that goes to cons to haul in a bunch of stuff though, I just like like cosplaying with friends and hanging out with people, going to panels, meeting awesome artists I read, etc. I'm going to Wizard World Comic Con: Portland at the end of January and Emerald City Comic Con later in March.. basically anything up here in the Pacific Northwest I'm down for.

I really wanted to go to emerald city but the three day passes are already sold out :(

salame 11-07-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11089638)
If the artists/authors I like are there, I'll definitely be there. It's just a matter of whether Fraction/Zdarsky/Aja/Brubaker/Aaron will be.

I've got a first printing and a first printing of the fourth printing of Sex Criminals just dying to get signed.

I would hope Fraction comes this year. He is from Kansas City so hopefully him not coming last year was a scheduling issue. Aaron will probably be there as he lives in Overland Park. I got to meet Aaron at a signing in Lees Summit at Pulp Fiction comics. He is super nice. Also I would shit my pants with delight if they could entice Brubaker into coming.

Ragged Robin 11-07-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11091567)
I really wanted to go to emerald city but the three day passes are already sold out :(

ORLY? Damn, good thing I bought mine ASAP. Last year I was really late and only got a Sunday (last day) pass

salame 12-23-2014 01:03 AM

What are you guys reading now?

Wicked+The Divine is good if you haven't checked it out yet
Deep State is good in an X-files sense

DaveNull 12-23-2014 07:46 AM

- Bitch Planet is off to a heck of a start.
- Nailbiter is my surprise favorite of the year
- The Fade Out is as good as you would expect considering who is involved
- Dark Horse is doing a number of limited Predator/Prometheus/Alien series that all connect and cross over. It's a lot better than I though it would be. The Prometheus portion is complete...others are sitting at 3/4 for another couple weeks I believe.

On the Marvel side of things:

- Thor has been pretty good.
- Thanos vs. Hulk should be a lot of fun...just one issue out so far.
- I dig the artwork in Bucky Barnes - The Winter Soldier (you might skim the Original Sin event to get context for what's going on)

Ragged Robin 12-23-2014 09:36 AM

OK I admit it, I've become a rabbid Morrison fanboy :(

Slowly making my way through Doom Patrol, planning on re-reading my Absolute edition of Batman & Robin Reborn sometime soon.

As for ongoing stuff, Multiversity (holy shit him+Quietly on Pax Americana #1... if you liked Watchmen you will shit your panties guaranteed after reading this) and Annihilator with Frazer Irving. Irving is absolutely crushing it, I love his art. Check out this three page sequence:

Nuff said.

beach tribe 12-23-2014 11:06 AM

Thanos vs Hulk?

LOL

Hail to the KING

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hPVcX54lQ2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8nKbMRiE6_Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_jQZ0hcsVdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

salame 12-23-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11213891)
- Bitch Planet is off to a heck of a start.
- Nailbiter is my surprise favorite of the year
- The Fade Out is as good as you would expect considering who is involved
- Dark Horse is doing a number of limited Predator/Prometheus/Alien series that all connect and cross over. It's a lot better than I though it would be. The Prometheus portion is complete...others are sitting at 3/4 for another couple weeks I believe.

On the Marvel side of things:

- Thor has been pretty good.
- Thanos vs. Hulk should be a lot of fun...just one issue out so far.
- I dig the artwork in Bucky Barnes - The Winter Soldier (you might skim the Original Sin event to get context for what's going on)

Bitch Planet was great!
I like Fade Out but I wish he'd get back on schedule for Velvet. Velvet is better IMO.

DaveNull 01-14-2015 11:35 AM

Star Wars #1 exceeded expectations.

beach tribe 01-14-2015 07:31 PM

God, i love these comic book battles.

Remember in GotG when The Collector shows the power of the gem wiping out a planet?

That was a Celestial.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GkYw_VWi8QY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe 01-14-2015 07:32 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FtHz1EGKZXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe 01-14-2015 07:35 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DVhj1jkc428" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beach tribe 01-14-2015 07:47 PM

Awesome awesome awesome
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ncpCo83RlkU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 01-14-2015 08:00 PM

I'm impressed you didn't have a series of "Thanos vs ......" videos!

Bowser 01-14-2015 08:32 PM

I tried to find a Thanos vs. Darkseid vid, but all I could find were a bunch of geeks debating who would win. No actual comic video. I was hoping to find one where Darkseid's omega beams ****ed Thanos up just to see your reaction. :D

Psyko Tek 01-14-2015 08:49 PM

just got back from my local trying to get a star wars 1
the variant cover I wanted was long gone
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2014/10/16/Star-Wars.jpg

they told me they had to order 1000 copies to get one, and they were $40 each

I had the original
do not know if it made it with me from nebraska
http://http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/.../Star-Wars.jpg

I have no idea how to link to a pic and don't care enough to find out

beach tribe 01-15-2015 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11269699)
I'm impressed you didn't have a series of "Thanos vs ......" videos!

I did..lol.

They are a few posts up.

DMAC 01-15-2015 08:34 AM

Every other page there's a big ugly ad these days.

salame 01-16-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 11269795)
just got back from my local trying to get a star wars 1
the variant cover I wanted was long gone
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2014/10/16/Star-Wars.jpg

they told me they had to order 1000 copies to get one, and they were $40 each

I had the original
do not know if it made it with me from nebraska
http://http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/.../Star-Wars.jpg

I have no idea how to link to a pic and don't care enough to find out

I usually dont get variants at locals. They are much cheaper on ebay or midtowncomics.com

DaveNull 01-25-2015 10:55 AM

Now that we know that Hickman's run on Avengers has been building up to Secret Wars the whole time, it's actually easier to slog through.

I recommend going all the way back to Avengers 001 from 2013 and moving forward from there.

Psyko Tek 01-25-2015 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11272064)
I usually dont get variants at locals. They are much cheaper on ebay or midtowncomics.com

got what I got a cover price, the alex ross cover was 1 per 100 orders went for $40
haven't checked ebay for prices yet

salame 01-25-2015 12:56 PM

Anyone picking up ODY-C? It's......interesting.
Also Outcast from Kirkman is really damn good.

salame 01-25-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 11291235)
got what I got a cover price, the alex ross cover was 1 per 100 orders went for $40
haven't checked ebay for prices yet

The ROSS cover was sweet. I'll just wait it out a few weeks until it gets into the $25 range.

Rausch 02-05-2015 10:48 AM

While I'm seriously hating on the "Battleworld" end game there's some damned good writing going on in Avengers and New Avengers.

Completely new takes on Cap, New Cap (Falcon), Widow, Thor, Iron man is in "prison" by the other Avengers, the Hulk is now a member of the same Illuminati that shipped him off to deep space, and Namor has gone full-on terminator.

I'm 100% convinced the build up will be much better than the payoff...

DaveNull 02-05-2015 12:59 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic and completely agree about Avengers/New Avengers.

Unfortunately I started by just reading the Avengers run, then was going to get caught up with New Avengers and ended up getting way too far ahead.

Really impressive to see a story line that's multiple years in the making. I'll bet that first page of NA 001 shows up on the first page of Secret Wars.

DaveNull 02-05-2015 01:02 PM

I suppose though that for everyone else, this is a pretty good time to pick up some of the Marvel Now stuff that should be coming to a close this summer if you like things to be book-ended.

In particular (and mentioned above) I've really enjoyed

- Hawkeye
- Black Widow
- Punisher

Super bummed to see this run of Punisher to come to a close, but with what's been happening it seems like they've been planning for that last incursion for quite a few issues.

Ragged Robin 02-05-2015 07:41 PM

NAMELESS #1
ANNIHILATOR #5

fuk yall, nuff sed

DaveNull 02-05-2015 08:43 PM

Thanks dude...I'll check out annihilator. I'd snagged Nameless based on the author and title of the first issue.

Direckshun 02-06-2015 10:17 PM

Anybody interested in A Force?

They've lined up a great cast for it. Studding it with She Hulk is the best move possible.

Singularity sounds pretty cool.

salame 02-07-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11314645)
Anybody interested in A Force?

They've lined up a great cast for it. Studding it with She Hulk is the best move possible.

Singularity sounds pretty cool.

Have you read G Willow Wilson's other book Ms. Marvel?
I like her style it's kind of fun and light. A little kiddy at times but still solid.
I am SUPER excited about A Force though.

Ragged Robin 02-07-2015 12:51 PM

DC announced their new lineup. Looks like total shit #**** the nu52

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/02...uing-dc-comics

Direckshun 02-07-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11315121)
Have you read G Willow Wilson's other book Ms. Marvel?
I like her style it's kind of fun and light. A little kiddy at times but still solid.
I am SUPER excited about A Force though.

I've heard awesome things about Ms. Marvel but have not read it.

Rausch 05-26-2015 12:13 PM

Bumping this for anyone reading Secret Wars/Convergence...

Fishpicker 05-26-2015 01:32 PM

I bought the first 3 issues of Marvels Darth Vader. this series is set after episode IV and prior to episode V. The emperor is giving Vader some shit because the Death Star blew up. so Vader has to do all this bitch work while he has imperial officers tracking him. its pretty interesting. I love the artwork. I hate that they release alternate covers for every single issue.

Ragged Robin 05-26-2015 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11519705)

pass

though I'll read Chris Burnham's take on New X-Men for obvious reasons

Brock 05-26-2015 07:13 PM

The fade out by brubaker

Rausch 05-27-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11520383)
The fade out by brubaker

Definitely looks like my kind of thing...

Bowser 05-27-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Wanting to get into Secret Wars. Read Convergence #0, and it didn't do much for me. An evolved Brainiac controlling all of everything, but he can't nail down a specific Kal-El to destroy? Ehh.

salame 05-27-2015 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11520383)
The fade out by brubaker

I'm really enjoying it so far
compelling story and interesting art

salame 05-27-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

no convergence for me but I liked the first two issues of secret wars

Rausch 05-27-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 11521442)
no convergence for me but I liked the first two issues of secret wars

I've liked the main series but most of the individual stories (Planet Hulk, A Force, Spider-Verse, etc.) haven't really been all that good IMO...

Brock 05-27-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11521059)
Definitely looks like my kind of thing...

Basically anything by brubaker. The criminal series, the velvet series, and especially Fatale.

Psyko Tek 05-27-2015 08:18 PM

waiting on the sidelines for convergence and secret wars, intersting that both companies are doing the same stories at the same time

Ragged Robin 05-27-2015 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 11522045)
waiting on the sidelines for convergence and secret wars, intersting that both companies are doing the same stories at the same time

been blatantly doing that for decades

>bruce gets lost in time, nightwing becomes batman
>cap gets lost in time, bucky becomes cap

never4get

though in this case, Convergence/Secret Wars is coming off the back of Multiversity which was in the works since 2007 :hmmm:

Jamie 05-27-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11522123)
been blatantly doing that for decades

>bruce gets lost in time, nightwing becomes batman
>cap gets lost in time, bucky becomes cap

never4get

I never4got that the Cap story came out first, if that's what you mean.

Spoiler!

Ragged Robin 05-28-2015 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 11522352)
It was coincidental, but I point it out because you've brought this up before as evidence of Marvel ripping off your lord and savior Grant Morrison

hey I own a handful of Marvel books with his name on it :evil:

DaveNull 05-28-2015 05:34 PM

I'm kind of hoping things start to tighten up in Secret Wars. Right now it feels extremely disjointed.

salame 05-28-2015 10:40 PM

I didn't buy any of the secret wars titles except for the main title and the infinity gauntlet one. The infinity gauntlet one sucked,

DaveNull 05-29-2015 04:10 PM

Yes it did.

Old Man Logan on the other hand...pretty damn good.

Aries Walker 05-30-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11523253)
I'm kind of hoping things start to tighten up in Secret Wars. Right now it feels extremely disjointed.

Me too. I'm still skeptical about this Battleworld idea; so far it feels like it's all taking place on an alien planet that I don't care much about, with many of the iconic characters (Thor, Doom, etc.) replaced by a convention hall full of cosplayers.

salame 06-02-2015 10:43 PM

what's everyone getting tomorrow?

DaveNull 06-03-2015 10:00 AM

- Nailbiter 13
- Wicked + The Divine 11
- Zero 17
- Star Wars stuff
- Secret Wars stuff
- Groot #1 (which I didn't know was happening..low expectations)

Oh, and if you don't <a href="http://www.comicvine.com/new-comics/?startWeek=05%2F31%2F2015">have this page bookmarked yet, do so now.</a>

You're welcome.

salame 06-03-2015 03:56 PM

Groot was fun kind of kiddish but still fun

Rausch 07-01-2015 08:32 PM

So apparently there was a leak and all the Marvel titles being published after Secret Wars are listed in the link:

http://imgur.com/a/FOJ0Y

Frankly I'm not impressed...

DaveNull 07-02-2015 03:10 PM

Huh.

Sorry to see Black Widow getting dropped. Nothing really setting me on fire there. Looks like the fall will be filled with catching up on Image stuff I've got piling up.

Secret Wars is starting to come together though. Too damn many worthless tie-ins.

Bowser 07-02-2015 04:11 PM

I've been reading Secret Wars, but JUST Secret Wars. I haven't delved into any of the many offshoot brands and don't really plan to. This latest issue of Secret Wars kind of annoyed me for some reason.

Spoiler!

I'm sure as the Secret Wars line wraps up, they'll explain what happened to the higher beings of the old universe (Eternity, the Celestials, the Watchers, so forth...) and why Galactus is there to guard and babysit the Franklin kids....

beach tribe 07-02-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11578371)
I've been reading Secret Wars, but JUST Secret Wars. I haven't delved into any of the many offshoot brands and don't really plan to. This latest issue of Secret Wars kind of annoyed me for some reason.

Spoiler!

I'm sure as the Secret Wars line wraps up, they'll explain what happened to the higher beings of the old universe (Eternity, the Celestials, the Watchers, so forth...) and why Galactus is there to guard and babysit the Franklin kids....

Strange has a history of using his powers to cloak himself and others from omnipotence.
I haven't read the new SW, though. Don't know the context.

Aries Walker 07-03-2015 07:47 AM

I have a feeling the new Secret Wars series will be much better when read as a single story, all at once, instead of the usual comics' read-one-wait-a-month installment plan. I'm also hoping that it's still doing the Act One setup, because there isn't much happening right now except exposition.