ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV "Community" is awesome (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=227914)

cabletech94 02-18-2012 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=Shagworthy;8375502]Joel McHale revealed to TV Guide over the weekend that a character from NBC’s “Community” will die in an upcoming episode. McHale didn’t give much in the way of clues, except this:

“A character from the show will die,” reveals star Joel McHale. He says the victim, although probably not one of the comedy’s main stars, is “someone you’ve seen a lot. And he dies in the mid-afternoon.”

what about john goodmans character? or did i read that he's already dead. i think i read it in a thread around here somewhere.

Shagworthy 02-21-2012 03:06 PM

COMMUNITY IS COMMING BACK ON MARCH 15TH!!!!!

Quote:

Oh, happy day! Community creator Dan Harmon took to Twitter Tuesday with the news that all Human Beings have been waiting for: the long-shelved NBC comedy’s Season 3 return date.

“What you call 8:00, we call home,” the showrunner revealed. “Community returns to Thursday nights on March 15th.” The quirky cult hit’s return marks the first of season’s 12 unaired episodes.

To make room for the Greendale Gang, NBC is pushing 30 Rock to 8:30 pm, where it will be followed by The Office and Up All Night. (Parks and Recreation will return to finish its fourth season on Thursday, April 19, at 9:30, after Up All Night has completed its freshman run.)

KcMizzou 02-21-2012 05:19 PM

Sweet!

Predarat 02-22-2012 09:33 AM

Glad it is back, hope it stays there! Sucks they have to push PandR back though. Up All Night or 30 Rock needs to be put on a different night.

Shagworthy 03-07-2012 09:55 PM

The new trailer for Community's return was just on The Soup. Epic doesn't do it justice.

I can't post links so just go to thesouptvDOTcom

Baby Lee 03-08-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shagworthy (Post 8427260)
The new trailer for Community's return was just on The Soup. Epic doesn't do it justice.

I can't post links so just go to thesouptvDOTcom

The video was indeed epic, if bewildering at times.

But man, when they showed that clip of Ice-T and Coco and Ice-T says he's taking Coco fishing tomorrow, then it cuts to McHale saying "We're gonna need a bigger boat," I don't think I've laughed that hard at television in a long time.

keg in kc 03-15-2012 10:57 AM

Tonight!

Was this the video you guys mentioned?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fbe12osSrH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome fan trailer:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zgHFL3eW4nY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 04-05-2012 06:42 PM

Holy shit, that was amazing. LMAO

tk13 04-05-2012 08:43 PM

That was tremendous. Hard to say which one is the best episode overall... but tonight's will be up in the discussion.

kc rush 04-06-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8520754)
That was tremendous. Hard to say which one is the best episode overall... but tonight's will be up in the discussion.

Definitely one of the best I've seen.

KcMizzou 04-06-2012 05:01 PM

That was awesome.

Pitt Gorilla 04-26-2012 09:53 PM

HO-LEE-COW. Law & Order Community=Win

Baby Lee 04-27-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8571674)
HO-LEE-COW. Law & Order Community=Win

"A man has to have a code"

Oh, no doubt.

TimeForWasp 04-27-2012 05:21 AM

I had a good day. I almost sat on my balls and adjusted at the last second.

jiveturkey 05-18-2012 03:15 PM

The video game episode was top notch.

I'd like to thank all of the reality watching, mouth breathing dunderheads for seeing to it that shows like this don't survive.

the Talking Can 05-18-2012 05:36 PM

gillian jacobs is so crazy hot...her goth magician assistants thing must have tapped some unknown fetish of mine....holy ****

Demonpenz 05-18-2012 05:38 PM

what episode is the video game episode? The one where they are in a simulation is good

Reaper16 05-18-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8625213)
what episode is the video game episode? The one where they are in a simulation is good

Season 3, episode 20.

Pitt Gorilla 05-19-2012 01:17 AM

Love that Gus showed up in the 8-bit episode.

Zebedee DuBois 05-20-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8626008)
Love that Gus showed up in the 8-bit episode.

and brought his menace face.

NewChief 05-21-2012 10:33 AM

So they fired Dan Harmon (this might be posted elsewhere).

keg in kc 05-21-2012 11:37 AM

Yeah, and moved the show to Friday after Whitney and before Grimm. The night where shows go to die.

Here's his blog post about it:
Quote:

HEY, DID I MISS ANYTHING?

Kids:

A few hours ago, I landed in Los Angeles, turned on my phone, and confirmed what you already know. Sony Pictures Television is replacing me as showrunner on Community, with two seasoned fellows that I’m sure are quite nice - actually, I have it on good authority they’re quite nice, because they once created a show and cast my good friend Jeff Davis on it, so how bad can they be.

Why’d Sony want me gone? I can’t answer that because I’ve been in as much contact with them as you have. They literally haven’t called me since the season four pickup, so their reasons for replacing me are clearly none of my business. Community is their property, I only own ten percent of it, and I kind of don’t want to hear what their complaints are because I’m sure it would hurt my feelings even more now that I’d be listening for free.

I do want to correct a couple points of spin, now that I’m free to do so:

The important one is this quote from Bob Greenblatt in which he says he’s sure I’m going to be involved somehow, something like that. That’s a misquote. I think he meant to say he’s sure cookies are yummy, because he’s never called me once in the entire duration of his employment at NBC. He didn’t call me to say he was starting to work there, he didn’t call me to say I was no longer working there and he definitely didn’t call to ask if I was going to be involved. I’m not saying it’s wrong for him to have bigger fish to fry, I’m just saying, NBC is not a credible source of All News Dan Harmon.

You may have read that I am technically “signed on,” by default, to be an executive consulting something or other - which is a relatively standard protective clause for a creator in my position. Guys like me can’t actually just be shot and left in a ditch by Skynet, we’re still allowed to have a title on the things we create and “help out,” like, I guess sharpening pencils and stuff.

However, if I actually chose to go to the office, I wouldn’t have any power there. Nobody would have to do anything I said, ever. I would be “offering” thoughts on other people’s scripts, not allowed to rewrite them, not allowed to ask anyone else to rewrite them, not allowed to say whether a single joke was funny or go near the edit bay, etc. It’s….not really the way the previous episodes got done. I was what you might call a….hands on producer. Are my….periods giving this enough….pointedness? I’m not saying you can’t make a good version of Community without me, but I am definitely saying that you can’t make my version of it unless I have the option of saying “it has to be like this or I quit” roughly 8 times a day.

The same contract also gives me the same salary and title if I spend all day masturbating and playing Prototype 2. And before you ask yourself what you would do in my situation: buy Prototype 2. It’s ****ing great.

Because Prototype 2 is great, and because nobody called me, and then started hiring people to run the show, I had my assistant start packing up my office days ago. I’m sorry. I’m not saying seasons 1, 2 and 3 were my definition of perfect television, I’m just saying that whatever they’re going to do for season 4, they’re aiming to do without my help. So do not believe anyone that tells you on Monday that I quit or diminished my role so I could spend more time with my loved ones, or that I negotiated and we couldn’t come to an agreement, etc. It couldn’t be less true because, just to make this clear, literally nobody called me. Also don’t believe anyone that says I have sex with animals. And if there’s a photo of me doing it with an animal - I’m not saying one exists, I’m just saying, if one surfaces - it’s a fake. Look at the shadow. Why would it be in front of the giraffe if the sun is behind the jeep?

Where was I? Oh yeah. I’m not running Community for season 4. They replaced me. Them’s the facts.

When I was a kid, sometimes I’d run home to Mommy with a bloody nose and say, “Mom, my friends beat me up,” and my Mom would say “well then they’re not worth having as friends, are they?” At the time, I figured she was just trying to put a postive spin on having birthed an unpopular pussy. But this is, after all, the same lady that bought me my first typewriter. Then later, a Commodore 64. And later, a 300 baud modem for it. Through which I met new friends that did like me much, much more.

I’m 39, now. The friends my Mom warned me about are bigger now, and older, bloodying my nose with old world numbers, and old world tactics, like, oh, I don’t know, sending out press releases to TV Guide at 7pm on a Friday.

But my Commodore 64 is mobile now, like yours, and the modems are invisible, and the internet is the air all around us. And the good friends, the real friends, are finding each other, and connecting with each other, and my Mom is turning out to be more right than ever.

Ah, shit, I still haven’t called my ****ing Mom.

Mom, Happy Mother’s Day. I got fired.

Yes, Mom. AGAIN.

Anyong Bluth 05-22-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8629495)
Yeah, and moved the show to Friday after Whitney and before Grimm. The night where shows go to die.

Here's his blog post about it:

That sucks they are pushing him out. Crazy to see they are seemingly following Fox's playbook when AD wasn't getting the ratings they hoped for and then didn't help it with on again off again airings- because that helps build an audience - before tossing AD onto Friday nights as a half hearted sink or swim gesture that's really only sets it up to draw poorly thanks to the timeslot.

I just started rewatching from season 1 pilot and going thru every episode (already have seen them all) and loving it all over again as its been a while since I've seen a lot of them so their familiar but still fresh and damn funny!!!

Hope they don't f-up Community. The 8-bit episode was genius, and I still say the paintball episode is one of the best episodes of television history. Watched it live the first time it aired and felt like I was witnessing something comedically epic.

keg in kc 06-07-2012 10:59 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/community/co...ourney_to_the/

Baby Lee 07-23-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8184925)
Parks and Rec is better, right now.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MST4RhWdlMQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@ :40, you'll shit bricks.

Captain Obvious 07-23-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8762655)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MST4RhWdlMQ?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@ :40, you'll shit bricks.

Purv!!!!

|Zach| 07-23-2012 08:34 PM

Parks and Rec didn;t have a great last half of last season. I am not down on it but it felt like it was sliding.

Demonpenz 07-23-2012 08:36 PM

parks and rec just chews through so many jokes. Like completely emptying one comedians bag in one show it is hard to sustain that.

KcMizzou 07-23-2012 08:48 PM

FWIW, Joel McHale is doing a multi episode guest appearance on Sons of Anarchy as a con man.

|Zach| 07-24-2012 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8762865)
FWIW, Joel McHale is doing a multi episode guest appearance on Sons of Anarchy as a con man.

That will be pretty damn interesting.

Predarat 07-24-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8762816)
Parks and Rec didn;t have a great last half of last season. I am not down on it but it felt like it was sliding.

That damn election thing went on too long. Hope they keep Community and Parks and Rec long term.

|Zach| 07-24-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8763462)
That damn election thing went on too long. Hope they keep Community and Parks and Rec long term.

Last season for both I believe. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Predarat 07-24-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8763487)
Last season for both I believe. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct, but NBC has a habit of changing their minds. I don't understand why they insist on keeping The Office but want to get rid of Parks and Rec and Community. I loved the Office but it has ran its course.

ragedogg69 07-25-2012 05:31 PM

I just read an article that NBC is ditching these (brilliant) types of show to go with a broader (read: stupider) shows instead. So get ready for more shows like Its me Chelsea and Whitney. (Actually Whitney is a guilty pleasure of mine.)

Captain Obvious 07-25-2012 06:12 PM

I'd watch a Ron Swanson spin-off show. I'd watch the hell out of it.

Megbert 07-31-2012 04:36 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QtzkeU__1YA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 08-30-2012 03:26 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/hawkthorne/

You're welcome

Pitt Gorilla 08-30-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8865292)

Dude. :clap:

Fairplay 09-20-2012 12:09 AM

wrong thread

keg in kc 10-20-2012 10:58 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7LV7M_WeGX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 05-10-2013 11:50 PM

Soooo....

After basically being shitcanned by NBC last year, Community is now renewed for the fall. It and Parks and Rec are (literally) the only NBC sitcoms returning for the fall season.

Wacky.

tk13 05-11-2013 12:08 AM

Pretty amazing really, especially after they crapped all over it. I got the impression that even the cast thought they were done, and the last episode certainly felt that way. NBC acts like they want to move away from quirky 30 Rock/Parks/Community type shows. They'd much rather dredge up Matthew Perry for the 14th time. Yet Parks and Community were the only thing that survived the NBC massacre today.

Although to be fair it might have to do with syndication... both of those shows can be syndicated with another season.

keg in kc 05-11-2013 11:09 AM

It gets even more interesting:
Quote:

When NBC renewed the show last May, it still had creator Dan Harmon as showrunner and Chevy Chase as co-star. Immediately after the upfronts, Harmon was replaced with David Guarascio and Moses Port. Then in November, Chase too departed. The bitter feud between Chase and Harmon was a major factor in destabilizating of the show for a couple of seasons, leading to public outbursts and profane voice messages. Now that Chase is gone, emotions have cooled down and all sides involved have had time to reflect, there is speculation that Harmon may come back, especially if this turns out to be Community‘s final chapter. (I’d heard that, with the show’s future at NBC in limbo, there were a number of suitors clamoring to pick up Community for a final installment.) There are no deals in place but I hear there certainly is interest in bringing Harmon back in some capacity.
link

the Talking Can 05-11-2013 12:21 PM

surprising

thought the finale was pretty underwhelming

KcMizzou 06-01-2013 11:03 AM

Dan Harmon is back.

Dan Harmon ‏@danharmon 1h

RT @dpeanutbutter: @danharmon GIVE US A STRAIGHT ANSWER! ~ Yes yes yes! I'm back I'm back I'm back. You can thank @joelmchale.

Quote:

After much rumbling and teasing, Dan Harmon has officially confirmed that he’ll be returning to Community. From a lot of talk on Twitter from him about hiring writers, it’s a fair assumption to make that he’ll be coming right back in as showrunner. Excuse me while I go hyperventilate for a bit.

It’s no secret that we’re all big fans of Community here at Geekosystem, and most of us were lukewarm at best on Season 4 — henceforth known as The Year of No Harmon. The knowledge that he’ll be returning for Season 5 is sure to be well received by longtime fans, but it doesn’t mean that Sony will butt heads less often with the sometimes difficult to work with Harmon.
http://www.geekosystem.com/dan-harmon-community-return/

Rausch 06-01-2013 11:49 AM

Skipping all posts and hoping it's been renewed.

The wife pointed this show out to me because it reminded her of my HBC school days.

(Script submitted to Spike Lee.)

As the show went on and she hated it more and more and I had to explain the geek jokes ep after ep.

Then she really hated it.

I...was...an addict...

http://polentical.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=630&h=355

keg in kc 12-10-2013 04:00 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NNQh0SXadSc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla 12-10-2013 04:41 PM

Awesome, of course.

htismaqe 12-10-2013 05:20 PM

Yes.

keg in kc 01-02-2014 09:49 PM

Holy shit, those were some funny eps.

Anyong Bluth 01-02-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10329845)
Holy shit, those were some funny eps.

Order has been restored. Call it Community Harmon-y

KcMizzou 01-03-2014 06:16 PM

Joel McHale AMA on Reddit. Pretty good, if you're interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...a_repilot_ama/

[–]certified-genius 365 points 1 day ago

Hey Joel! What is your favorite Community episode? Super excited for Repilot.

[–]_JoelMcHale[S] 586 points 1 day ago

I really couldn't say. That's like picking my favorite bourbon.

[–]_JoelMcHale[S] 1444 points 1 day ago

But I am very excited (and I forgot to mention him) David Cross gueststars on our next Dungeons & Dragons episode.

Anyong Bluth 01-03-2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10332736)
Joel McHale AMA on Reddit. Pretty good, if you're interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...a_repilot_ama/

[–]certified-genius 365 points 1 day ago

Hey Joel! What is your favorite Community episode? Super excited for Repilot.

[–]_JoelMcHale[S] 586 points 1 day ago

I really couldn't say. That's like picking my favorite bourbon.

[–]_JoelMcHale[S] 1444 points 1 day ago

But I am very excited (and I forgot to mention him) David Cross gueststars on our next Dungeons & Dragons episode.

That's awesome. I love they added Mike. John Oliver is supposed to be back for a couple episodes, too.

Count me as highly impressed with their 1st 2 episodes to the new season.

Loved Troy getting pissed about Braff only being in the 1st 6 episodes of Scrubs 9th season - as he's not finishing out the season himself because of his new show- but hate that he's leaving. And, his line about why his life sucks- which we'll explain later.

Totally shocked by the Chevy cameo.

Harmon rules.

KcMizzou 01-03-2014 07:02 PM

Other guest stars...

Spoiler!

Anyong Bluth 01-03-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10332844)
Other guest stars...

Spoiler!

Down the road I think NPH would make a great nemesis for Winger (Hale)- just my opinion.

KcMizzou 01-03-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 10333519)
Down the road I think NPH would make a great nemesis for Winger (Hale)- just my opinion.

That would be epic.

Anyong Bluth 01-04-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10333693)
That would be epic.

Time to get the online petition started for his season 6 story arc!

DaKCMan AP 01-06-2014 11:02 AM

Not enough Annie in the first 2 eps.

ragedogg69 01-06-2014 12:43 PM

I wouldnt say that, I would say more along the lines of too much season 1 Annie.

Pitt Gorilla 01-07-2014 10:06 PM

First two were outstanding.

keg in kc 03-21-2014 05:01 PM

Newest d&d ep was awesome...

And holy shit, they're doing GI Joe: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/21/co...mated-episode/

Quote:

There’s Jeff (Joel McHale) as Wingman (yes, he has a backpack with wings), Annie (Alison Brie) as Tight Ship, Britta (Gillian Jacobs) as Buzzkill, and Shirley as Three Kids.
http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/f...?itok=T3orlj-p
http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/f...?itok=7Yoi2Srd
http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/f...?itok=zKoX3Lmi

Pitt Gorilla 03-21-2014 07:01 PM

Saw that this afternoon. Going to be outstanding.

Miles 03-24-2014 09:30 PM

This was pretty excellent.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FswfgcXD_pY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-28-2014 02:07 AM

LMAO

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o2N8wLKC7bw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

siberian khatru 04-03-2014 06:11 PM

This is absolutely brilliant

Baby Lee 04-04-2014 05:42 AM

Harmontown Dungeons and Dragons sessions are now animated.

http://io9.com/exclusive-look-inside...s-g-1557106189

BTW - I listened to this weeks Harmontown and watched Community both yesterday, and I honestly think Harmontown was funnier.

DM Spencer had some wild assed theory about how he could defeat a pack of coyotes with spin kicks. D&D was crazy. A breakdown of the Colbert/SNL 'cancel these racist shows' compaign on twitter was deconstructed. Funny all the way through.

Baby Lee 04-18-2014 08:32 PM

BU-ERREEED TRUH-EASSURE . . . . buried treasure, buried treasure, buried treasure, buried treasure, buried treasure

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/20...if?w=650&h=365
http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/20...ce-2.gif?w=650

keg in kc 05-09-2014 01:13 PM

And Community is no more. :(

Baby Lee 05-09-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10615313)

Thanks Obamacare

Baby Lee 05-09-2014 01:47 PM

Harmontown Nights just might be the most bizarre thing on the internets right now.

Short 10 minute set of vignettes straight from Dan Harmon's dome.

http://harmontown.com/podcast/HARMON...GHTS%20PREVIEW

Anyong Bluth 05-10-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10615313)

Sadly, that year away by Harmon killed a lot of momentum in the show picking up traction along with Glover and to a lesser degree Chase off the show and messing with the dynamics of the principal cast.

ragedogg69 05-10-2014 01:28 PM

Before anyone gets their hopes up, Hulu owns the streaming rights to Community. Also, Hulu has yet to spend a lot of money on original content. Their original content, while good is made on the cheap. (I am looking at you Deadbeat) I dont think they could afford to produce new Community.

Maybe Comedy Central. They have broadcast syndication rights. Do something like Futurama?

jiveturkey 05-12-2014 01:07 PM

Sad face!

This was one of my favorite comedies from the last handful of years.

Anyong Bluth 05-20-2014 08:56 AM

Sony said last Friday when talking to Harmon that they feel very confident that there will be a number of other networks or homes for at least a sixth season of Community, and that Sony thought the show was high value and worth continuing. Harmon was at first the one that seemed like he was on the fence about continuing the show, but later posted a message to fans saying that he wouldn't do that and wouldn't be the reason why a 6th season was killed.

His trepidation mostly stemmed from just finding out they got canceled- when this was supposed to be back / presumed safe, and it's faced likely cancelation after each season.

ragedogg69 05-29-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10619982)
Before anyone gets their hopes up, Hulu owns the streaming rights to Community. Also, Hulu has yet to spend a lot of money on original content. Their original content, while good is made on the cheap. (I am looking at you Deadbeat) I dont think they could afford to produce new Community.

Maybe Comedy Central. They have broadcast syndication rights. Do something like Futurama?

Well color me surprised. Hulu might just pony up the cash:

Hulu Eyes New Season Of ‘Community’

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Wednesday May 28, 2014 @ 5:06pm PDT

Community -- Season 5EXCLUSIVE: There is a glimmer of hope that there could be a sixth season of cult comedy series Community. I have learned that Hulu is in talks with Community producer Sony Pictures TV for more original installments of the show, which was cancelled by NBC earlier this month. Sources stress that conversations are preliminary and ithulu5__131120195159-275x122 is unclear whether they would lead to a deal, but I hear there is will on both sides. That includes Community creator Dan Harmon, who confessed on his blog that he had warmed up to the possibility of continuing the show elsewhere, changing his stance from “eh” when Sony TV called him with the news of the series’ cancellation by NBC to “sure, let’s talk” two days later. Said Harmon, “I’m not going to be the guy that re-cancels cancelled Community.”

CommunityWith its devoted following by a core group of passionate fans, Community is the type of show digital platforms crave. Complicating the series’ options is the fact that it has a digital syndication deal in place with Hulu, in addition to a cable off-network pact with Comedy Central. That makes Hulu a perfect home for the comedy as it is the kind of streaming service where a show like Community would do best and because it already carries the series’ library via an existing agreement with Sony.

Related: PaleyFest: Dan Harmon & ‘Community’ Cast Talk Season 6, Chevy Chase And A Potential Streaming Future

A high-profile acquisition like a new season of Community would make a statement for Hulu, which signaled an aggressive expansion into original programming at its upfront last month, with new CEO Mike Hopkins vowing to quadruple the streaming service’s investment in original content over the next year. Additionally, Hulu’s audience reach — Hulu Plus has more than 6 million subscribers — could sustain a network-level comedy.

Probably reassuring for Community fans is Sony TV’s strong track record in bringing cancelled series back. In addition to getting bubble comedies Community and Rules of Engagement renewed season after season on NBC and CBS, respectively, the studio brokered a deal to move acclaimed drama Damages to DirecTV after it was cancelled by FX. It also found a way to bring back on their original networks such cancelled shows as Drop Dead Diva on Lifetime and Unforgettable on CBS. All three series have gone to air multiple seasons post-cancellation.

hometeam 05-29-2014 12:54 PM

knew it~

Pitt Gorilla 05-29-2014 01:02 PM

Outstanding news. For some reason, I always thought it might be continued as a graphic novel.

keg in kc 06-30-2014 09:41 PM

Hulu full through.

But....

Season 6 is a go!

On... ..... ..... Yahoo?!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/30/co...-sixth-season/

Harmon back as showrunner, as is all the cast that ended last season.

unlurking 06-30-2014 10:06 PM

Awesome!

Now how much is Yahoo! going to charge for it? I didn't even know they had a streaming video service.

Rausch 07-01-2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10725069)
Awesome!

Now how much is Yahoo! going to charge for it? I didn't even know they had a streaming video service.

This. What is it like?...