ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

BWillie 05-03-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4732835)
One of the other story missions leads you to a weapon store.

No wonder you're having trouble. I'd hate to try that one without body armor.

I went into the weapons store and I've already bought stuff from there. But I didn't see any body armour. Almost everything there said display only except like one gun

kcxiv 05-03-2008 05:03 PM

I did that bike mission in the park without any armor. it took me a few tries, but its not that hard if you use the duck and cover system.

JBucc 05-03-2008 05:27 PM

I completed that mission in 3 tries I think. The first two times I crashed the bike and flipped out into the water and he got away. The 3rd time I took it slowly and got to the park. Then I ran to the other side of the park and took cover and a few of them chased after me so I took shots as them as they ran towards me. Then went back up and finished the others off.

TinyEvel 05-03-2008 05:28 PM

wow, you guys are teh shznit. I've owned it since TUesday and I've only got to the first (bowling) date! Wait, actually I did the mission to help that dude pick up his shit from storage and all the fuzz rain down on you.

But I've ben working all week and this weekend my in-laws are staying over, and mo-inlaw sleeps in my TV room :cuss: I have some serious catching up to do. I might just "have to go into work" and spend six hours on it there in my office.
Haven't even played multi yet.

kcxiv 05-03-2008 05:30 PM

I been playing all morning and only 23 percent in now. 20 hours. Its just crazy how much enjoyment you can get out of this game. Most games are like 8 hours and its over and your 60 bucks are done. This game has so much shit you can do outside of the main storyline its a blast.

BWillie 05-03-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4732860)
I did that bike mission in the park without any armor. it took me a few tries, but its not that hard if you use the duck and cover system.

Yeah what I did was instead of taking that stupid bike I just took a car and drove it over one of them. Then got out and ducked and covered behind the tree. The dbags were using the car as cover and I got out my machine gun and gunned up the car until it blew up. It was easy pickens from then on out.

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 08:20 PM

I just started working for Player X.

The construction site mission to kill the union bosses is a blast.

Oddly enough, I'm a member of a union. (Teamsters, no less) I've always talked about how the only thing the union's done for me, is take $60 bucks a month out of my pay.... now I've had my revenge. :D

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4732883)
wow, you guys are teh shznit. I've owned it since TUesday and I've only got to the first (bowling) date! Wait, actually I did the mission to help that dude pick up his shit from storage and all the fuzz rain down on you.

But I've ben working all week and this weekend my in-laws are staying over, and mo-inlaw sleeps in my TV room :cuss: I have some serious catching up to do. I might just "have to go into work" and spend six hours on it there in my office.
Haven't even played multi yet.

The story missions are a blast. Great writing and voice acting. I keep doing story missions rather than side quests, mainly because I enjoy the cut scenes so much. That's rare.

I do enjoy stealing cars for Brucie, though.

TinyEvel 05-03-2008 08:38 PM

w00t!

I just crashed through the bridge and made it to the other island by jumping out of the car. It took me six tries, but I got a screen capture...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

JBucc 05-03-2008 08:55 PM

I'm stuck on the Snow Storm mission. Which I think would be properly titled The Shit Storm. I've played three times and and taking a break. The first couple times I tried to stay and fight but that didn't work out so well. Then I tried to haul ass and get out of there but the first car you get to is a slow ass truck. So I make it out on to the main road but the game is doing the thing where all the cars disappear when you have a high wanted level and the only car that's around is the one you're in. So I can't find anything faster to switch into. Meanwhile I'm getting rammed from every direction and eventually the truck breaks down and won't start. I try to make a run for it but don't make it ten feet before I'm gunned down. GTAV must have mission checkpoints. Some of these are so tedious it would really take the sting off the grind factor.

dj56dt58 05-03-2008 09:16 PM

lets set up a CP deathmatch

xbarretx 05-03-2008 09:34 PM

anyone on having issue with VERY LONG load times? i mean just to start the game, this is fricken retarted!

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4733127)
anyone on having issue with VERY LONG load times? i mean just to start the game, this is fricken retarted!

Not I...

Are you on a PS3? And is it the first time you've played?

Because I heard the PS3 loads some stuff to the hard drive to reduce load times later... takes a while. (I'm playing on a 360)

xbarretx 05-03-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4733129)
Not I.

well its either tha or it keeps freezing..... :cuss:

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4733132)
well its either tha or it keeps freezing..... :cuss:

I've read several complaints online... but mine's running smooth... like butter.

Moobs 05-03-2008 09:41 PM

Playing online I have noticed something - 14/15 year olds and older black men love them some GTA!

KcMizzou 05-03-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moobs (Post 4733139)
Playing online I have noticed something - 14/15 year olds and older black men love them some GTA!

Count in this 33 yr old white boy.

I only play single player so far, though.

kcxiv 05-04-2008 12:22 AM

I am neither a black man or a 14/15 year old, and i love me some GTAIV lol.

Game is just very fun. It didnt break records. Hell shatter records for nothing.

TinyEvel 05-04-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4733127)

Yesterday I had my first snag on my PS3. I put it in and after the illustrated image montage, it goes to 'loading "bleed Out" (the current mission) and just kept that screen up for a LONG time (two minutes). I quit out and the system restarted when I did that, instead of going back to the XMB bar. It did it his three times in a row, and the next time it started up I chose user, then did NOT sign in (with password) before starting the game, and it worked.

HC_Chief 05-04-2008 09:55 AM

I can't understand a f#^%#ing thing that Jamaican says! "'An me be ayn or I and I, Jah!"

umm, err, okay.....

ragedogg69 05-04-2008 11:40 AM

this game is crack.

last night became one of those "just one more mission" nights.

first it was 11 then 2 30 then 4am. i havnt done that with a game in ages.

kcxiv 05-04-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 4733520)
I can't understand a f#^%#ing thing that Jamaican says! "'An me be ayn or I and I, Jah!"

umm, err, okay.....

I turned on subtitles, but its still kind of difficult to understand what he says at times, but i get the overall idea. Little Jacob is a badass though. He always has your back. Well a least so far. lol

dj56dt58 05-04-2008 02:51 PM

This is just ****ing retarted..Im on the level where u have to kill Ivan. I shot him a million ****ing times and he keeps on going and getting away. How many times u gotta ****in shoot him? Can we have a little bit of realism for christ sake?

xbarretx 05-04-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 4733433)
Yesterday I had my first snag on my PS3. I put it in and after the illustrated image montage, it goes to 'loading "bleed Out" (the current mission) and just kept that screen up for a LONG time (two minutes). I quit out and the system restarted when I did that, instead of going back to the XMB bar. It did it his three times in a row, and the next time it started up I chose user, then did NOT sign in (with password) before starting the game, and it worked.

so starting it while logged out of PSN helps?

and yes KcMizz .. im on PS3

ragedogg69 05-04-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4733879)
This is just ****ing retarted..Im on the level where u have to kill Ivan. I shot him a million ****ing times and he keeps on going and getting away. How many times u gotta ****in shoot him? Can we have a little bit of realism for christ sake?

im pretty sure you just have to follow him until he bails in his car.

BigChiefFan 05-04-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xbarretx (Post 4733898)
so starting it while logged out of PSN helps?

and yes KcMizz .. im on PS3

Yes. Just go to Network settings and disable internet connection so you can play the game. It's some kind of glitch, that they need a patch for. This is a temporary fix for those that are having the freezing problem.

BigChiefFan 05-04-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 4733879)

You have to chase him through the building-you end up on the rooftop. Don't dick with taking out all the bodyguards-just follow him.

ZootedGranny 05-04-2008 03:52 PM

I dealt with the lack of mid-mission checkpoints until the last mission of the game, which managed to get me to throw my controller, something I haven't done since the Playstation 1 era. Not MDK2, not Ninja Gaiden on Hard mode, not Call of Duty 4 on Veteran, not Earth Defense Force on Insanity, but GTA4.

Once more people beat the game, I'll tell the story, but it was as if the game was playing a sadistic joke on me. In 5 consecutive attempts, I died at the same spot, but in completely different ways. The first time I died and had to restart the entire mission, I was angry. By the 5th time? I spiked the controller into the ground, which sent the battery pack zipping into another room.

I have to give it up to MS though, because it still works perfectly despite it sounding like a child's rattle when you shake it.

Bowser 05-04-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 4733948)
I dealt with the lack of mid-mission checkpoints until the last mission of the game, which managed to get me to throw my controller, something I haven't done since the Playstation 1 era. Not MDK2, not Ninja Gaiden on Hard mode, not Call of Duty 4 on Veteran, not Earth Defense Force on Insanity, but GTA4.

Once more people beat the game, I'll tell the story, but it was as if the game was playing a sadistic joke on me. In 5 consecutive attempts, I died at the same spot, but in completely different ways. The first time I died and had to restart the entire mission, I was angry. By the 5th time? I spiked the controller into the ground, which sent the battery pack zipping into another room.

I have to give it up to MS though, because it still works perfectly despite it sounding like a child's rattle when you shake it.

LMAO

Reaper16 05-04-2008 05:34 PM

I wish Niko could just hang out with Little Jacob and Badman and build up a nice life together instead of dicking around with eastern Europeans. Those rasta dudes are ****ing awesome. Much respek fo dem righteous youths, seen, me breda?

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 06:27 PM

I've pretty much burnt myself out for the weekend. Been having a blast, though.

Liberty City's version of Times Square is awesome. I kept running into things because I was gawking.

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 4734094)
I wish Niko could just hang out with Little Jacob and Badman and build up a nice life together instead of dicking around with eastern Europeans. Those rasta dudes are ****ing awesome. Much respek fo dem righteous youths, seen, me breda?

Lil Jacob saved my butt on the last mission of the Mikhael Faustin story line. His cover fire from inside the car is awesome. I finished with no armor and like 1/16 of my life.

BWillie 05-04-2008 08:15 PM

This deconstruction of beginners is impossible. I keep getting my ass kicked. I think I could complete it with body armor. The first time I tried it, I bought some off of Lil Jacob but I was stupid and didn't go up on the roof to snipe anybody and now he won't sell me anymore.

xbarretx 05-04-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 4733942)
Yes. Just go to Network settings and disable internet connection so you can play the game. It's some kind of glitch, that they need a patch for. This is a temporary fix for those that are having the freezing problem.

sweet, rep to tiny, KC and bigred!

JBucc 05-04-2008 08:45 PM

I wish instead of the completely scripted missions they would have just given the bad guys some good AI to allow them to take different paths to their objectives. One time they would run, another they would stay and fight. I especially hate when you're chasing someone (which is usually what every mission comes down to), and the same cars crash and take the same turns every time, right in front of you while the AI car breezes away unscathed. Unpredictability is what makes games like this fun but there isn't much in the missions. It's really stupid when you have to get to a certain point before your bullets can even to damage to a car. I hoped they would have progressed past this.

Thig Lyfe 05-04-2008 08:56 PM

I was playing on a friend's game and moltov'd a hospital waiting room... I felt pretty bad about it.

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4734259)
This deconstruction of beginners is impossible. I keep getting my ass kicked. I think I could complete it with body armor. The first time I tried it, I bought some off of Lil Jacob but I was stupid and didn't go up on the roof to snipe anybody and now he won't sell me anymore.

You still don't have a weapon shop? (Lil' Jacob isnt selling me weapons, though) They sell body armor. $500. That, combined with the cover system, and you should be fine.

I finished that one on the second try. The one that's got me stuck is the race with Brucie.

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc (Post 4734301)
I wish instead of the completely scripted missions they would have just given the bad guys some good AI to allow them to take different paths to their objectives. One time they would run, another they would stay and fight. I especially hate when you're chasing someone (which is usually what every mission comes down to), and the same cars crash and take the same turns every time, right in front of you while the AI car breezes away unscathed. Unpredictability is what makes games like this fun but there isn't much in the missions. It's really stupid when you have to get to a certain point before your bullets can even to damage to a car. I hoped they would have progressed past this.

Hmm... your experience with the game seems to have been very different than mine.

It helps to get creative. In the street sweeper mission... the first time, a couple gansters took off in a car while I fought their buddies... and I failed.

Before trying again, I used a couple of cars to block in the getaway car before I started. That made it a breeze. No chasing... fish in a barrel.

Jenson71 05-04-2008 09:58 PM

Just three more days til summer vacation and I'll be playing this non-stop.

Jenson71 05-04-2008 09:59 PM

How much does a sniper rifle cost, or can Little Jacob give you one? I've got three flying rats that I need to sniper, and then I've got them all for the first area.

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4734352)
Just three more days til summer vacation and I'll be playing this non-stop.

I don't know how much you've played it up to this point, but I think you'll be very impressed with the story.

It's much more deep than the previous games. Niko has a conscience... and it's wearing on him.

BWillie 05-04-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4734346)
You still don't have a weapon shop? (Lil' Jacob isnt selling me weapons, though) They sell body armor. $500. That, combined with the cover system, and you should be fine.

I finished that one on the second try. The one that's got me stuck is the race with Brucie.

Ha no kidding? I aced the race with Brucie on the first try. Maybe I need to go to other weapon shops. I searched at the weapons shops and I didn't see any body armor. Funny how different missions are harder for different people

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4734358)
Ha no kidding? I aced the race with Brucie on the first try. Maybe I need to go to other weapon shops. I searched at the weapons shops and I didn't see any body armor. Funny how different missions are harder for different people

Heheh, no doubt. I think the racing's got me all screwed up because I'm still trying to drive like I'm playing Burnout.

And, the first weapon shop has body armor. As you enter the shop, take a left, then a right, and it's right there to your right on the center table.

I've found two weapon shops, and they're exactly the same.

Jenson71 05-04-2008 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4734357)
I don't know how much you've played it up to this point, but I think you'll be very impressed with the story.

It's much more deep than the previous games. Niko has a conscience... and it's wearing on him.

SPOILERS

Yeah, I've gotten pretty far already. About 10% I think. I've killed Vlad, and have done a mission for the Faustio? guy.

Okay, here's another question:

I'm trying to find Brian (the side character), the second time. They say he's sort of by the safehome and Comrade's Bar, but I can't find him at all. Any idea?

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4734355)
How much does a sniper rifle cost, or can Little Jacob give you one? I've got three flying rats that I need to sniper, and then I've got them all for the first area.

You get one from a story mission. The first Elizabeta mission, IIRC.

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4734361)
I'm trying to find Brian (the side character), the second time. They say he's sort of by the safehome and Comrade's Bar, but I can't find him at all. Any idea?

Can't really help ya there. But if it's the guy I'm thinking about, he'll appear as a little green man on your mini map.

Jenson71 05-04-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4734362)
You get one from a story mission. The first Elizabeta mission, IIRC.

Cool, I can wait then. Thanks

Jenson71 05-04-2008 10:11 PM

Who just has to get 100% and who just has fun doing whatever, not really caring?

Me - I have to get 100%.

Jenson71 05-04-2008 10:13 PM

Also, I have to kill all the flying rats and do the unique jumps and all the other stuff before finally winning the story mode.

KcMizzou 05-04-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4734367)
Who just has to get 100% and who just has fun doing whatever, not really caring?

Me - I have to get 100%.

I just wanna complete single player, see the whole story. Any fun I can have with it after that is gravy.

That's when I'll get into the multiplayer, too.

BWillie 05-05-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4734371)
I just wanna complete single player, see the whole story. Any fun I can have with it after that is gravy.

That's when I'll get into the multiplayer, too.

I feel the same way. I've never really got into the previous GTA missions. Usually I'd just go around shooting hapless people, sitting on roofs sniping people and causing unorganized havoc but I really like these missions. They are interesting. I'm at about 26.3%. Has anybody got to 50% yet? I've been completely ignoring Roman and Michelle for a long time now. I don't see what relevance to the storyline they have. They never help me with anything. Roman is a sap. He's never came to my rescue when I needed help so I'll see how long I can ignore them.

BigChiefFan 05-05-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4734558)
I feel the same way. I've never really got into the previous GTA missions. Usually I'd just go around shooting hapless people, sitting on roofs sniping people and causing unorganized havoc but I really like these missions. They are interesting. I'm at about 26.3%. Has anybody got to 50% yet? I've been completely ignoring Roman and Michelle for a long time now. I don't see what relevance to the storyline they have. They never help me with anything. Roman is a sap. He's never came to my rescue when I needed help so I'll see how long I can ignore them.

Roman gives you the ability to WORK for him and get paid driving cabs for him. He also gives you the ability to call cabs that will take you to places you've already been to-that's very helpful after drinking.

Michelle just gives you sex, but it's still a stat-successful dates.

All the friends give you perks-it's worth helping them out, IMO.

JBucc 05-05-2008 05:07 PM

Man this game needs a feature that lets you record and share video. Earlier today I went up behind a cop and shot him in the head, then ran into the safehouse in Alderney took cover behind the wall and waited as cop after cop came in and blindfired with the assault rifle. Then I started shooting the door open and tossing grenades out. Before I knew it I was up to 6 stars. I had heard about people doing cheesy things to get the 6 stars for 5 minutes achievement so I figured I'd go for it a more legit way. I just kept tossing grenades out and blindfiring anyone who managed to get in the door. There were probably 20 bodies just in the little area between me and the door. Once I hit 5 minutes and got the achievement I was out of ammo for just about everything except my pistol so I ran outside and jumped in a swat van (There was only like three cops out there, everyone else was dead), then drove down to the docks, turned the van sideways to use as cover. Three cop cars came screeching down and blew right past me into the water. I managed to blow another car up, then when I had just a sliver of health I jumped back into the van and drove into the water and drowned instead of letting the cops get me.

Also when I was walking along Algonquin some bum with a cardboard sign said something like "Watch out for them aliens!" or something about aliens. I wish I could remember the exact line.

BigChiefFan 05-05-2008 05:17 PM

I'm having a blast playing this game. Anybody think the magician and his assistant are George W. and Laura Bush? They sure look like them and the assistant's name is LAUREL.

KcMizzou 05-05-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc (Post 4735387)
Man this game needs a feature that lets you record and share video. Earlier today I went up behind a cop and shot him in the head, then ran into the safehouse in Alderney took cover behind the wall and waited as cop after cop came in and blindfired with the assault rifle. Then I started shooting the door open and tossing grenades out. Before I knew it I was up to 6 stars. I had heard about people doing cheesy things to get the 6 stars for 5 minutes achievement so I figured I'd go for it a more legit way. I just kept tossing grenades out and blindfiring anyone who managed to get in the door. There were probably 20 bodies just in the little area between me and the door. Once I hit 5 minutes and got the achievement I was out of ammo for just about everything except my pistol so I ran outside and jumped in a swat van (There was only like three cops out there, everyone else was dead), then drove down to the docks, turned the van sideways to use as cover. Three cop cars came screeching down and blew right past me into the water. I managed to blow another car up, then when I had just a sliver of health I jumped back into the van and drove into the water and drowned instead of letting the cops get me.

Heh, nice. I'd always rather die than be busted. Haven't been busted yet. (Other then the one time I was done for the night, and just screwing around a bit. I shut off the game without saving.)

Jenson71 05-05-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4735548)
Heh, nice. I'd always rather die than be busted. Haven't been busted yet. (Other then the one time I was done for the night, and just screwing around a bit. I shut off the game without saving.)

When you're busted, you lose your pieces, mang. When you die, you still retain them. Never go down without a fight, mang. Never!

Sure-Oz 05-05-2008 08:34 PM

Played about 45 min worth last night while the gf was writing a paper...kick freaking ass...

No freezes or anything through the begining cut scene....went flawles. i can't wait to start playing this more.

KcMizzou 05-05-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4735653)
Played about 45 min worth last night while the gf was writing a paper...kick freaking ass...

No freezes or anything through the begining cut scene....went flawles. i can't wait to start playing this more.

It really is a blast. When you get used to all the controls, and really become comfortable with it... the game really takes off.

I really like the new targeting and cover systems. (borrows a bit from GoW, I think)

At this point, I think my only complaint is that I enjoyed the San Andreas soundtrack a lot more. (But that's nitpicking)

Reaper16 05-05-2008 08:57 PM

Wherever you are, shine/SWIZZY!

Buck 05-05-2008 09:09 PM

Has anyone ever sniped a helicopter pilot before?

Its suhweet!!!!

DO IT!

QuikSsurfer 05-05-2008 10:59 PM

My shit is working like a charm now... YES!!!!

KcMizzou 05-05-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4736013)
My shit is working like a charm now... YES!!!!

Grats! :D

QuikSsurfer 05-05-2008 11:03 PM

I've been playing the shit outta Cops n' Crooks.. LOVE IT

Sure-Oz 05-05-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4735686)
It really is a blast. When you get used to all the controls, and really become comfortable with it... the game really takes off.

I really like the new targeting and cover systems. (borrows a bit from GoW, I think)

At this point, I think my only complaint is that I enjoyed the San Andreas soundtrack a lot more. (But that's nitpicking)

I watched tv on there as well, cracked my shit up...

Yeah i am still figuring things out and doing those early missions, i can't wait to get the hang of it...it will be tons of fun!

KcMizzou 05-05-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4736043)
I watched tv on there as well, cracked my shit up...

Yeah i am still figuring things out and doing those early missions, i can't wait to get the hang of it...it will be tons of fun!

Bas Rutten's on The Men's Room. The real version is on MMA Weekly on HDNet. El Guapo's a lot funnier on real TV. :D

Fishpicker 05-05-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cro (Post 4735733)
Has anyone ever sniped a helicopter pilot before?

Its suhweet!!!!

DO IT!

I was playing in free mode and was messing around in a chopper. some dude kept tailing me, trying to shoot me down. I hovered over a flat building, landed the chopper on there, spun around and dropped the chopper in one shot from the sniper rifle. fun stuff.

is it just me or is the bolt-action sniper easier to use than the semi-auto sniper?

Ultra Peanut 05-06-2008 10:23 AM

It's worth it to fail some missions just to hear the extra dialogue. This game is so ****ing perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 4735716)

Ridin' with my top down
With my jewwry on
Hey, I'm just gettin' my hood on

Demonpenz 05-06-2008 11:12 AM

So yesterday a police helicpoter hovered of my apartment complex in real life. All I could think about is taking it down with an rpg and getting 5 stars hehe

JBucc 05-06-2008 01:31 PM

Man I finished the story missions, and I'm just glad it's over. Outside of a handful of standouts I didn't care for most of the story missions at all. Too much repetition and scripting and frustration when stupid shit happened and I had to do it over again. Many times I just wanted to get to the next cutscene.

Kclee 05-06-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4734370)
Also, I have to kill all the flying rats and do the unique jumps and all the other stuff before finally winning the story mode.

Go to the internet cafe and type (in game)www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com, and you'll get access to maps detailing where to find every stunt jump, health pack and diseased pigeon in the game, among other things.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-top-...2415601022/p-4

QuikSsurfer 05-06-2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclee (Post 4736984)
Go to the internet cafe and type (in game)www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com, and you'll get access to maps detailing where to find every stunt jump, health pack and diseased pigeon in the game, among other things.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-top-...2415601022/p-4

Very cool. thanks a lot!

HC_Chief 05-06-2008 08:27 PM

Man, I HATE THAT fuckING PORSCHE. I want to shoot the car physics developer in the face with a bazooka! :grr:

KcMizzou 05-06-2008 08:43 PM

Adam Sessler kicks ass.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/51lYxX9uSFs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/51lYxX9uSFs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Frazod 05-06-2008 08:58 PM

I just picked this up tonight. I've never played any of them before.

Jenson71 05-06-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4737779)

Awesome. Enjoy! Keep us updated.

What caused you to get it? The good reviews?

KcMizzou 05-06-2008 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4737779)

Hmm.. Think "Goodfellas" where you start as a small time crook and work your way up the ladder.

The open world might seem a little daunting at first... it's vast.

Hope you enjoy it. I haven't played any other game since I bought it.

Frazod 05-06-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenson71 (Post 4737782)
Awesome. Enjoy! Keep us updated.

What caused you to get it? The good reviews?

Yeah. When Gamespot gives the game a 10, well, I'm having a look. :thumb:

HypnotizedMonkey 05-06-2008 09:12 PM

I love this game.

JBucc 05-06-2008 09:12 PM

Finally got into the multiplayer. Played Cops n Crooks, GTA Race, Mafia Work, and some free roam. Cops n Crooks is great when you have a competent team. One of the times I was on the crooks team and we were driving down the road and the boss just jumped out all of a sudden and ran off. He was killed. Mafia work is alright. I played one game and when me and another guy won the first two things everyone else dropped out so it was just me and him for the rest of the time. GTA Race is lots of fun. Free Roam is what you'd expect. Oh and Turf War. Our team kicked the other team's ass.

I also tried to play hangman's noose but we couldn't get any other players. I did see the cutscene though. Its the airport scenario the only one?

Pretty much lag free as well.

dj56dt58 05-07-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc (Post 4737812)
One of the times I was on the crooks team and we were driving down the road and the boss just jumped out all of a sudden and ran off.

Sorry..those burritos went right through my guy and the driver wouldnt ****ing pull over