ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The CW: New Green Arrow TV Show ( with new actor) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259671)

kcxiv 03-21-2014 02:27 PM

From what i been able to gather and reading various blogs/forums/videoblogs we are going to get alot more suicide squad coming either this year or early next year and they will more then likely include Harley Quinn. I love that because for 1, she's gonna be hot and batshit insane.

The comicbook crowd is absolutely going nuts over this show.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DuVl6irjRJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 03-21-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10505965)

See, this is what I’m talking about. I don’t know who any of these people are.
Only reason I understand the Flash bit is because I asked about it here, and got a rather sarcastic, dismissive answer so I quit trying to discuss the show.

im going to try to explain all that as it happens in future episodes. Im learning the DC universe as the episodes go on. I do a bit of digging for info on why these people are even on the show. For me a great start was a thread on neogaf.com its got like 200 pages for season 2 alot of them dudes explain stuff. I found the youtube link of a guy explaining things as well on there. It really is a comic nerds orgasm watching this stuff unfold.

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=692533

That link is the neogaf thread. IT helps alot

keg in kc 03-21-2014 03:38 PM

I'm no comic book guy, but I have watched tons and tons of dc animated stuff going back to the early 90s. Probably part of the reason I like this show.

Ragged Robin 03-21-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10506672)
The comicbook crowd is absolutely going nuts over this show.

Yes. Nuts that it's a really horrendous depiction of Green Arrow and the DCU.

kcxiv 03-21-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10507721)

from each their own, but from what i have seen starting with thethread i posted, its overall a big positive reaction. If you dont like it, then well, thats your problem i guess. Im enjuoying it. lol

Valiant 03-21-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10507721)

Why? Because they tried to make it as realistic to reality as opposed to comic book reality?

As long as it does not go the smallville route, it should do great.. Man that show sucked mid seasons all the way to the end.

Ragged Robin 03-21-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10507981)
Why? Because they tried to make it as realistic to reality as opposed to comic book reality?

As long as it does not go the smallville route, it should do great.. Man that show sucked mid seasons all the way to the end.

You find Arrow realistic? LMAO Realistically shite. It's a pretentious circus mashup between Nolan's Batman universe and Nu52 with trademark CW emo teen drama stamped on its forehead. It's a horrendous depiction of the DCU because they took a well established Golden Age character and shit all over him in attempt to make him Batman-lite with every episode featuring a Batman associated character.

Simply Red 03-21-2014 11:12 PM

I'm about 3 miles from The CW station.

Valiant 03-21-2014 11:13 PM

Umm, Arrow was darker and edgier than batman for quite a while before nolan batman. It is better so far than most other comic tv series..

What do you want him running around campy golden age like in bright green? Or do you want to give him a british accent and give money to the poor?

As for villians, his are shit. It is smart of them to at least bring in greater known villians, especially since they will probably never be a serious live action batman series..

But since you seem to be a know it all, tell me how you would rather the series be and what villains of his you want?

Ragged Robin 03-21-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 10508136)
Umm, Arrow was darker and edgier than batman for quite a while before nolan batman.

Um. Wut. The first season of Arrow came out like 4 months AFTER the LAST Nolan movie.

Quote:

It is better so far than most other comic tv series..

Probably. That's not saying much.

Quote:

What do you want him running around campy golden age like in bright green? Or do you want to give him a british accent and give money to the poor?

I don't give a shit about what he wears, though the makeup was a bad look before and not a fan of the long sleeves. I'd rather him act like, you know, Oliver Queen instead of a watered down version of Nolan's already whiney rendition of Bruce Wayne. You don't have to be a pathetic emo bitch to be "dark and gritty." Ollie is no stranger to murder and remorse but how he deals with it is the opposite of Bruce.

Quote:

As for villians, his are shit. It is smart of them to at least bring in greater known villians, especially since they will probably never be a serious live action batman series..

His villians are shit, except for Merlyn and Count Vertigo (who in this series is a blatant ripoff of Heath Ledger's Joker--coincidence?), but it gets old when they rewrite every single Batman associated character to revolve around "Arrow," even the more obscure ones. They already introduced Barry Allen, why not dig through his rogue gallery to tie in with the spinoff show when it rolls around? There are plenty worthy villians in the DCU that don't require being taken from the Batverse. Even the ones they did aren't exactly "mainstream" or "well known" so what's the point other than blatantly taking the position of "well since we couldn't get the Batman license, let's just make Arrow as close to Batman as possible."

Valiant 03-22-2014 06:48 PM

Comic wise Green Arrow has been dark a while, attributing it to nolan is stupid. It is smart to stay away from anything from 90s to golden age...

Outside of deathstroke his villains have been lame, but guess what? His villains in the comics are worse..

Ragged Robin 03-23-2014 09:51 PM

http://i.imgur.com/gyrqAyD.jpg

buddha 03-24-2014 09:36 AM

The new season is BORING.

Mecca 03-24-2014 09:47 AM

I don't think I've seen ragged robin have anything positive to say about anything comic movie or show related.

He's one of the comic book readers who wishes it hadn't gone mainstream is my guess. There are people like that for every type of entertainment.

Cmd'r&Chief 03-24-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 10513013)
The new season is BORING.

Yep, bringing Sarah back as a regular was a reeruned choice. It ruined the present day story, and the island story.

kcxiv 03-24-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief (Post 10513091)
Yep, bringing Sarah back as a regular was a reeruned choice. It ruined the present day story, and the island story.

Spoiler!

Cmd'r&Chief 03-24-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10513905)
Spoiler!

Let's hope so. I think there has been too much story line dedicated to her. That with combination of Arrow going soft, this season just hasn't been as suspenseful or exciting.

Ragged Robin 03-24-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10513905)
in the comic's sarah dies from what i have gathered, so that may happen by seasons end

She doesn't exist in the comics. Neither does Laurel. Both are made up characters (ala "Rachel" or "Blake" in the Nolan movies) who only exist in this show. CW has already publicly said that they intended for Laurel to become Canary--but this was in Season 1 before Sarah came back so maybe they changed directions and brought Sarah back for this purpose instead.

kcxiv 03-27-2014 03:30 PM

Good episode lastnight. Next week should be a good showdown with Deathstroke. oNly parts i didnt care for was Laurel looking right at Sara with a tiny mask over her eyes and not recognizing her own sister, but its a comic book tv show so i can let that go. The fight Season with Black Canary and The Huntress was pretty badass.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iD2koUhnk1I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Like this dudes recap, he does alot of explaining on things.

kcxiv 03-27-2014 03:32 PM

lol Pretty funny Felicity says all kinds of sexual shit. didnt realize it was that much.haha

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/InwKghcK7jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

007 03-27-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10520950)
lol Pretty funny Felicity says all kinds of sexual ****. didnt realize it was that much.haha

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/InwKghcK7jw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

How could you NOT notice? She does that all the time and they make it very obvious what she is doing.

kcxiv 03-27-2014 04:06 PM

I know she did it but to that point. It'salot

Ragged Robin 03-27-2014 07:28 PM

Ollie expanding the bat (arrow) family. I just realized that Diggle IS Alfred. He's Ollie's driver and brings him his uniform when he's away.. ROFL

keg in kc 03-31-2014 12:34 PM

Here's your harley quinn, which we never really got to see:

http://distilleryimage5.ak.instagram...357a3f19_8.jpg

frankotank 03-31-2014 02:14 PM

Yo Yo MA!
I haven't seen one episode of this show....but I'm looking for something to start watching and the wife mentioned this. didn't want to read everything due to spoilage.
is this a good show?

keg in kc 03-31-2014 02:31 PM

You'll get a variety of answers to that. I think it's pretty good, myself. Perhaps the best live action comic book series to date.

frankotank 03-31-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10530692)
You'll get a variety of answers to that. I think it's pretty good, myself. Perhaps the best live action comic book series to date.

cool. high praise. season 1 on netflix so....

there was a time long ago I kept up with smallville and thought it was pretty cool...but then I missed a couple seasons and just gave up.

NewChief 03-31-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10530718)
cool. high praise. season 1 on netflix so....

there was a time long ago I kept up with smallville and thought it was pretty cool...but then I missed a couple seasons and just gave up.

I'm about halfway through the first season, and it's very enjoyable. I wish I wasn't simultaneously reading this thread (I'm horrible about doing this), because the negativity on here is somewhat dampening my enthusiasm for continuing the show.

Glad to see Keg continues to be positive.

007 03-31-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10530836)
I'm about halfway through the first season, and it's very enjoyable. I wish I wasn't simultaneously reading this thread (I'm horrible about doing this), because the negativity on here is somewhat dampening my enthusiasm for continuing the show.

Ignore the haters. This is absolutely one of my favorites.

Tribal Warfare 03-31-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10530836)

hey, it's entertaining don't let comic book snobs ruin it for you

kcxiv 04-01-2014 02:04 AM

This show rocks! i love it! i got my neighbor and her daughters into it and now they are hounding me to watch season 2, since i have them on dvr still. lol

Also, im sure we will get to see Harley Quinn in this show. I read somewhere, that we will get alot more suicide squad episodes and well, she's part of the suicide squad.

unlurking 04-01-2014 05:35 AM

I like how someone put it earlier, the "CW Drama". I didn't know how else to explain it, but yeah, that's pretty much much my problem with it. Overly dark (set), overly brooding, overly emo. Season 1 had potential, but it's just gone all too tight jean on me.

I guess I like the Disney princess vibe better. ;)

I really tried to like it. It does have hot chicks, so that's a plus. I finally gave up a couple of months ago. I am glad it's popular though, so maybe they'll make more comic book shows.

keg in kc 04-01-2014 06:02 AM

It is dark, with most of the action occurring at night, and he is involved with a variety of the female characters, but I don't really see any of it as "broody" or "emo". I think the relationships are handled in a fairly mature/adult way, as opposed to the teen angst that (I assume, since I've never watched) you would see on shows like Vampire Diaries. It's certainly not Smallville in that regard.

There is the struggle with killing after Tommy died, but I think that's an integral part of the development of the character, and the struggle with darkness/evil within that's been a core element of the show since the beginning.

unlurking 04-01-2014 07:18 AM

You don't think Ollie is broody? Wow. That's like his schtick as I see it. The whole show is about him and his ability to handle/hide his emotions. All his friends treat the guy with kid gloves in case he explodes in a tortured and painful release of emotions. Every episode felt like I was just waiting for the moment he would break into tears, drop to his knees, and howl into the wind at the futility of it all. Ugh.

After Captain Jack took off, I was left with hoping Dresden could revive things with just some plain old rage vengeance, but instead got an alcoholic Laurel.

keg in kc 04-01-2014 07:27 AM

Spoiler!

Ragged Robin 04-01-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10531857)
You don't think Ollie is broody? Wow. That's like his schtick as I see it. The whole show is about him and his ability to handle/hide his emotions. All his friends treat the guy with kid gloves in case he explodes in a tortured and painful release of emotions. Every episode felt like I was just waiting for the moment he would break into tears, drop to his knees, and howl into the wind at the futility of it all. Ugh.

This. It's without fault in every episode where he gets broody and emo and borderline breaks down in tears which is the exact opposite of how Ollie is supposed to be. I honestly prefer Smallville's version. He was closer to what he's supposed to be and came on the show as like a mysterious James Bond who had his own issues but was still upbeat as opposed to Arrow's downtrodden and emotionally repressed version. In Smallville they were able to hit on all the same beats with Ollie (heart break, drugs, murder) without having it completely way down the character.

NewChief 04-02-2014 07:27 AM

I'm still liking this show quite a bit (just watched the one where his sister wrecked her car on her 18th).

My main issue is that I find the island storyline much more compelling and interesting than the city storyline. The island is just so interesting. I like all the mystery they build, but I'm worried that once the mystery is revealed (how the Black Archer got trained, how/if he's related to the island, WTF is actually going on at the island), then the show will lose some of its appeal.

keg in kc 04-02-2014 08:06 AM

Without spoiling too much, the Island storyline is still ongoing and looks nowhere close to done. Although for me it's maybe begun to get a little tedious.

NewChief 04-02-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10533749)
Without spoiling too much, the Island storyline is still ongoing and looks nowhere close to done. Although for me it's maybe begun to get a little tedious.

I can see that as well. In that the initial "mystery" will be revealed then the writers try to go all Lost/Xfiles with it and jump the share in their efforts to keep the storyline going beyond when it should be wrapped up.

keg in kc 04-02-2014 08:25 AM

I think they've handled the Island mostly well to this point. No let down yet.

Mecca 04-02-2014 09:07 AM

I enjoy this show quite a bit. I really don't get all the bitching.

Beef Supreme 04-02-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 10533878)
I enjoy this show quite a bit. I really don't get all the bitching.

I have bitched a little in this thread, but I still really enjoy the show. Occasionally it gets a little too drama Queen (see what I did there?), but it's one of only 3 shows I actually make time to watch.

keg in kc 04-02-2014 03:13 PM

Tonight's episode should be a big one.

kcxiv 04-03-2014 01:22 AM

Great episode. Shit is going to hell and everyone is mad at everyone. Well for the most part lol. Deathstroke causing havoc

keg in kc 04-03-2014 08:44 AM

I didn't expect him to tell Laurel that at the end, that's just twisting the knife after what he told Thea. Which I thought was a great setup, as well, making it sound like it would be about Oliver when it was about her paternity, even though that was what I suspected he'd tell her.

Laurel in the DA's office could be a real problem for Ollie now.

So much set up now. Quentin in prison because of Oliver. He knows the Black Canary's identity and Laurel knows the Arrow's, so will they tell each other?. Thea's revelation opens the door for the return of Malcolm Merlyn. Roy's gone. Deathstroke's building a mirakuru army. Queen Consolidated's in Deathstroke's hands. What's going to happen with the election (my theory is that Moira Queen doesn't survive the season)? And Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad are still waiting in the wings (remember Oliver asked her for help with Deathstroke).

Ragged Robin 04-03-2014 09:06 AM

Telling Laurel seems inconsequential. If she's been so ignorant to it despite it being so obvious up to this point then why should she believe a creepy abductor who's wanted by the cops? Emo Roy is getting pretty annoying and I hope he gets a costume soon because he looks ridiculous in his jeans and hoodie next to Arrow and Canary ROFL

Beef Supreme 04-03-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10536553)
Telling Laurel seems inconsequential. If she's been so ignorant to it despite it being so obvious up to this point then why should she believe a creepy abductor who's wanted by the cops? Emo Roy is getting pretty annoying and I hope he gets a costume soon because he looks ridiculous in his jeans and hoodie next to Arrow and Canary ROFL

Laurel didn't recognize her own sister when she was wearing a party mask. i mean, I guess you have to just look past shit like that when Superman's disguise is a pair of glasses, but it always bugs me nonetheless.

keg in kc 04-03-2014 02:17 PM

They actually did a smart thing with Sara the first time Laurel saw her as Black Canary: when they were on the floor behind the desk, Sara's hair was hanging down over her face the whole time.

Always appreciate small gestures like that, help to suspend disbelief just a little bit more, as unrealistic as the situation may be. Ditto for the voice modulator.

keg in kc 04-16-2014 05:11 PM

Oh my...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JxSBWa2zM0k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And for all the people bitching how it's just batman, the company takeover last week kills that. We get to see how he operates without mountains of cash now. Or at least without mountains of legal Queen cash. Maybe the Solntsevskaya Bratva will be involved, although I think he was booted out in the suicide squad episode.

007 04-16-2014 05:47 PM

Awesome

Ragged Robin 04-16-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10567145)
Oh my...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JxSBWa2zM0k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And for all the people bitching how it's just batman, the company takeover last week kills that. We get to see how he operates without mountains of cash now. Or at least without mountains of legal Queen cash. Maybe the Solntsevskaya Bratva will be involved, although I think he was booted out in the suicide squad episode.

Did you not watch the last Nolan film?

keg in kc 04-16-2014 08:49 PM

Good setup tonight for the final 4.

unlurking 04-16-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10567611)
Did you not watch the last Nolan film?

ROFL

kcxiv 04-17-2014 12:05 AM

They just keep pissing off deathstroke more and more. haha

Silock 04-17-2014 12:14 AM

Much better episode tonight.

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10568318)
They just keep pissing off deathstroke more and more. haha

He's going to terminate some mother****ers

kcxiv 04-17-2014 02:14 AM

wow, apparently the 2 people inside the star lab are 2 people from the Flash TV show they are doing. They are doing a little pre show crossover and that dude they talked about being in a coma is the "Flash".

Awesome.

007 04-17-2014 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10568341)
wow, apparently the 2 people inside the star lab are 2 people from the Flash TV show they are doing. They are doing a little pre show crossover and that dude they talked about being in a coma is the "Flash".

Awesome.

The girl is the same person who played the daughter on No Ordinary Family.

keg in kc 04-17-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10568341)

Awesome.

Vibe and Killer Frost according to what I read yesterday. Which seemed kind of squirrely based on their actions in the episode (not very villainy).

kcxiv 04-17-2014 02:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G1m4EFuXO9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 04-17-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10568345)
The girl is the same person who played the daughter on No Ordinary Family.

she was also Penny the Ava's prison mate that was killed off on Justified

keg in kc 04-23-2014 11:54 PM

Didn't see that coming. At least not yet.

Silock 04-24-2014 12:05 AM

So . . . THAT happened.

007 04-24-2014 12:12 AM

THAT was a hell of an episode.

keg in kc 04-24-2014 12:28 AM

It made perfect sense, as soon as I saw the blurry kneeling figure as Oliver's vision began to clear it was was like oh shit, Slade's doing the island choice with his mom and sister. And there was no way Thea was going to die. But still, damn.

They did a great job with that, didn't telegraph it at all (showing Blood pissed-off was a nice touch), made it look like things were going to start getting better then bam. Mom's dead.

I assume when Sara said she was going to go see an old friend she meant Slade, guess we'll see how that plays out. Maybe she's Ravager's first kill or something. And I assume Slade was talking about her (Sara) when he said he had one more person to kill.

I've thought part of the reason for the mirakuru cure was so Oliver could save Slade in the end. Don't see that happening now. Maybe they do something goofy like Sara convincing him not to do it as she dies.

(Yes, I still assume she dies, Laurel has to get into the Black Canary costume somehow - although I expect that to be a slow process).

kcxiv 04-24-2014 02:36 AM

Wow, that was great episode. CW is kicking ass with this good tv. Im loving it! Brutal ending wow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5mPe8JW5c2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 05-08-2014 01:29 PM

wow, is this show just getting better and better. Love Felicity running that bitch over! well, ok hit her with the car. lol

Next weeks episode looks really good. Just Mad Chaos.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/anZoY-MnIX4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 05-08-2014 01:34 PM

Yeah, they've really done a great job this season.

keg in kc 05-08-2014 02:55 PM

Not a surprise, but the Flash series got a fall pickup.

Ragged Robin 05-08-2014 10:33 PM

I'm glad things are finally moving, if anything this show at least knows how to go out in a bang. I wish Canary didn't wear a wig in costume.. her hair is already blonde it just looks weird lol. I doubt Meryln can die that easily.

kcxiv 05-08-2014 10:41 PM

i dont think she even shot Merlyn. There had to be something behind him or that damn miracuru dude came back to lfie lol

007 05-08-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10610309)
Not a surprise, but the Flash series got a fall pickup.

There is talk of a Wonder Woman series on CW in Fall 2015 too.

kcxiv 05-08-2014 11:27 PM

CW needs to corner the market on DC. This might be a good chance for them to get out from under the pits. lol They have some quality shows now days.

Valiant 05-08-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10614162)
CW needs to corner the market on DC. This might be a good chance for them to get out from under the pits. lol They have some quality shows now days.

I do not think DC wants that. All their eggs in one basket.

I agree, they have done a great job. Imagine, this is what the sci fi channel should have been.

Silock 05-09-2014 12:02 AM

That was a good season finale. I still hate the beginning of this season, but the last few episodes, they've really stepped their game up.

kcxiv 05-09-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10614218)
That was a good season finale. I still hate the beginning of this season, but the last few episodes, they've really stepped their game up.

thats not the season finale, there is one more.

Silock 05-09-2014 12:35 PM

Really? Felt like one. Even better.

keg in kc 05-13-2014 09:49 AM

<script src="http://www.springboardplatform.com/js/overlay"></script><iframe id="sotv044_926131" src="http://cms.springboardplatform.com/embed_iframe/677/video/926131/sotv044/Spoilertv.com/10/1/" width="452" height="410" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Hays 05-13-2014 01:13 PM

Should be a good finale.

keg in kc 05-14-2014 10:42 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rnXsnR-2AvU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>