ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU ***** OFFICIAL 2013 KANSAS FOOTBALL THREAD ***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268663)

Titty Meat 05-17-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9689146)
Speaking of empty seats, did you see Nebraska sold out their new basketball arena this upcoming season? It's so weird, weren't you the one telling me it's not a real sport? Looks like all your fellow Cornbred, Cornfed dorks love hoops.

Doubt they'll leave by halftime.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-17-2013 03:41 PM

What KU football needs is our own Weatherwax to keep people in check in the stands.

Prison Bitch 05-17-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9689164)
Doubt they'll leave by halftime.

It's a wonder they come at all. Zero NCAA tourney wins. Ever.

:jester:

Bambi 05-22-2013 09:22 PM

Nation's second leading receiver two years ago is transferring to Kansas.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ansas-jayhawks

ArrowheadHawk 05-22-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9701954)
Nation's second leading receiver two years ago is transferring to Kansas.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ansas-jayhawks

Sweet. Lets hope Year 2 Weis is much better than Year 2 Gill.

RustShack 05-22-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9702042)

Hear me out, if Kansas gets good we have to be the deepest conference right? Obviously not the top end schools like the SEC until Texas and/or Oklahoma get back to form...but is it even possible for all schools to reach six wins and bowl eligibility? We obviously want a school or to at least to have 0-2 losses too... But if Kansas gets good under Weis all ten schools are capable of being Bowl Eligable, but just might look worse given the hard schedule.

ArrowheadHawk 05-22-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9702103)
Hear me out, if Kansas gets good we have to be the deepest conference right? Obviously not the top end schools like the SEC until Texas and/or Oklahoma get back to form...but is it even possible for all schools to reach six wins and bowl eligibility? We obviously want a school or to at least to have 0-2 losses too... But if Kansas gets good under Weis all ten schools are capable of being Bowl Eligable, but just might look worse given the hard schedule.

The conference is tough no doubt but more likely somebody else will be down if it's not Kansas. Kansas State is only as good as their coach. Not sure what they are going to do when he dies.

Braincase 05-23-2013 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9702042)

He already is. Recruiting has been better than I hoped for, and having a couple of solid transfers at WR this coming season can't hurt. We'll have to see what we have in Heaps, but the OC that benched him got canned at BYU after one season.

Bambi 05-23-2013 07:51 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zxkB2uuIM08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 07:55 AM

If Weis wins 1-2 games this year he should be on the hot seat. He won't be because of his contract, but if Turner got a short leash it's only fair this guy does too. Uncle Charlie can't just laugh his way out of another terrible season and expect everyone to laugh along.

Braincase 05-23-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9702628)
If Weis wins 1-2 games this year he should be on the hot seat. He won't be because of his contract, but if Turner got a short leash it's only fair this guy does too. Uncle Charlie can't just laugh his way out of another terrible season and expect everyone to laugh along.

I'm going to remain positive. Hell, we were one butterfingered d-back away from beating Texas last year. It's a foewgone conclusion that we're going to be better this year than we were last year. The question is by how much. Gill actually got worse over time, so I don't think it's a legit comparison. I think Zenger is going to give HCCW the time he needs to get his system in place.

Bambi 05-23-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9702851)
I'm going to remain positive. Hell, we were one butterfingered d-back away from beating Texas last year. It's a foewgone conclusion that we're going to be better this year than we were last year. The question is by how much. Gill actually got worse over time, so I don't think it's a legit comparison. I think Zenger is going to give HCCW the time he needs to get his system in place.

I have concerns over losing 3 off the OL and McDougald in the defensive backfield.

However most every other position group appears to be upgraded. I don't care if it's with juco talent to get things back on track... tons of schools do that nowadays anyway. I think the important thing though is going to be converting 3rd downs better because although our RBs are great the OL won't be as good. This means Heaps and his new weapons are going to have to make 3rd and 6 happen which was basically impossible with last year's group.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-23-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9702628)

I agree with the short leash, however it isn't nearly as short as Turner's should have been. With Turner, we could see the competitiveness leaving the team.. we could see the lack of talent being brought in on the roster, and we could see that his cupboard was not bare when he took over.

With Weis, We can see competitiveness improving. KU was in a lot of games last year until their lack of overall talent\depth weared on them. We see talent being brought in this coming season... The talent in the incoming class is 10x what Gill ever brought in a single season (last season is tough to judge due to the short timeframe weis had to recruit.. yet he still brought in a few quality kids). When Weis got here his cupboard was darn near barren. He even cleaned house further, that team last year was so devoid of high D1 talent it is embarassing... That's not on Weis.

By year three, if there isn't a dramatic change in this program I will be surprised. And you are right.. if there isn't, then he needs to have that leash used.

Bambi 05-23-2013 10:07 AM

And agreed on Texas. Only game I made it back for last year and it was KU's game for 59 minutes. Unbelievably back luck for the Hawks. Would have been a great win for Weis. But they can't dwell on that and I don't think this group will.

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

I' It's a foewgone conclusion that we're going to be better this year than we were last year. The question is by how much. .

Sagarin ratings:

2011 (Gill): #91, 64 rating
2012 (Weis): #98, 63 rating

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf...in/2011/teams/

ArrowheadHawk 05-23-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9702913)
Sagarin ratings:

Interesting:

Don't forget 2010 (Gill): #119, 59 rating

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-23-2013 10:20 AM

Y'all will probably beat K-State next year. They are in for a terrible year

Mr. Plow 05-23-2013 10:25 AM

I'm really looking forward to seeing the team this year. Last year expectations were low for me. Didn't expect much and really I got more than I thought I would out of the season. Close games against a few teams that KU very easily could have won, but most importantly, improvement from the first game to the last.

I expect to see the same this year. Overall improvement from the first game to the last, but with some of those close losses turning into close wins. I'm keeping expectations low though, so I'll say 3-4 wins with at least one damn conference win.

The following year, he should be making decent strides in making KU competitive in each game of the year.

ArrowheadHawk 05-23-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9702959)
I'm really looking forward to seeing the team this year. Last year expectations were low for me. Didn't expect much and really I got more than I thought I would out of the season. Close games against a few teams that KU very easily could have won, but most importantly, improvement from the first game to the last.

I expect to see the same this year. Overall improvement from the first game to the last, but with some of those close losses turning into close wins. I'm keeping expectations low though, so I'll say 3-4 wins with at least one damn conference win.

The following year, he should be making decent strides in making KU competitive in each game of the year.

That would be nice. Weis should have these boys rolling by the time we get that track removed.

Bambi 05-23-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

I agree except for that Iowa State game. They should never have been clocked like that. West Virginia was a freight train so that's not so bad but losing by that much to ISU should never happen.

Bambi 05-23-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9702967)
That would be nice. Weis should have these boys rolling by the time we get that track removed.

And we welcome Rutgers and the B1G to town!

Mr. Plow 05-23-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9702985)
I agree except for that Iowa State game. They should never have been clocked like that. West Virginia was a freight train so that's not so bad but losing by that much to ISU should never happen.

I agree. But you knew we would have a game or two like that last year. I don't expect to see those this year.

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9702936)
Interesting:

Don't forget 2010 (Gill): #119, 59 rating

I expect Uncle Charlie to be a bit better this year now that he has a passable QB. But then again we all thought he had one going into last year and he was just dreadful. I thought we were making progress too but the last 2 games of the year vs mediocre teams (ISU & WVU) were really depressing.

Statistically we were no better last year than under Mr. Gill.

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

but most importantly, improvement from the first game to the last..

You must've stopped watching after Game 10.

Mr. Plow 05-23-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9703024)
You must've stopped watching after Game 10.

Yeah, I blocked out WVU/ISU. But still, they made improvements.

ChiTown 05-23-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9702939)
Y'all will probably beat K-State next year. They are in for a terrible year

:LOL: - good luck with that thinking. We have the B12's BEST OL.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-23-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9703086)
:LOL: - good luck with that thinking. We have the B12's BEST OL.

And the worst defense. No way y'all will keep up. 5 wins.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-23-2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9703151)

I just don't see that. They always tend to come together as a unit and play well.

ChiTown 05-23-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Worst D? Okay, you don't really follow KSU football, do you?

Saul Good 05-23-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

I expect them to be better as well, but why do you say it's a foregone conclusion that they will be?

Saul Good 05-23-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9702913)
Sagarin ratings:

I don't care what Sagarin says...last year's team was much better than 2011. That 2011 team was the worst D-1 team I've ever seen.

Saul Good 05-23-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Snyder is 17-4 against Kansas all time and has won 14 of the last 16. If you mark that game down as a win, you might consider using a pencil.

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703315)
I don't care what Sagarin says....

Well, for me it looks like I have a choice: trust the most respected statistician in sports, or some random dude named "SaulGood" and what his eyeballs told him.

ChiTown 05-23-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703355)
Snyder is 17-4 against Kansas all time and has won 14 of the last 16. If you mark that game down as a win, you might consider using a pencil.

Yep. Bill Snyder vs Kansas is like Roy Williams vs Kansas State. They just don't lose focus in that game

Saul Good 05-23-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9703361)
Well, for me it looks like I have a choice: trust the most respected statistician in sports, or some random dude named "SaulGood" and what his eyeballs told him.

If you want to think that the 2011 team was better, go for it.

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9703369)
Yep. Bill Snyder vs Kansas is like Roy Williams vs Kansas State. They just don't lose focus in that game

Or Self, who is 21-3 vs. KSU. That number cracks me up, I mean seriously? 21-3? Roy was 35-4 while Larry was 12-2. Talk about total ownage.

Then again it's nothing to be ashamed of. Self was 16-0 vs. CU, 15-4 vs Mizzou, 17-1 vs Nebraska and 12-1 vs. ATM. I can seriously remember those 6 losses they were so rare.

Saul Good 05-23-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9703369)

Not only that, but Snyder likes to knock their dicks in the dirt. The last three years, KSU has won by 38, 40, & 52 points. We aren't talking about games where a bad bounce decided the outcomes.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-23-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9703280)
Worst D? Okay, you don't really follow KSU football, do you?

It's 2004/2005 all over again. They are well coached, but the talent just isn't able to keep up. They get by on most years, but look at their roster for next season. Terrible. Bump this when they get conference win number 3--itll be the very end of the year, if at all.

ChiTown 05-23-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9703385)
Or Self, who is 21-3 vs. KSU. That number cracks me up, I mean seriously? 21-3? Roy was 35-4 while Larry was 12-2. Talk about total ownage.

Then again it's nothing to be ashamed of. Self was 16-0 vs. CU, 15-4 vs Mizzou, 17-1 vs Nebraska and 12-1 vs. ATM. I can seriously remember those 6 losses they were so rare.

Yeah, but Roy absolutely humiliated the Cat's almost every-time out, much like HCBS has done to Kansas. The Self years haven't necessarily been like that, nor were the LB years.

Bambi 05-23-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9703385)

That's bullshit. I'm throwin in those couple wins that KU had over Prince as well. Snyder doesn't just get to duck out when KU becomes the dominant program.

Snyder 17 - KU 7

Braincase 05-23-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9703392)
Yeah, but Roy absolutely humiliated the Cat's almost every-time out, much like HCBS has done to Kansas. The Self years haven't necessarily been like that, nor were the LB years.

KSU's mistake was hiring Weber, and with Bill will never forget the "burial" after he left Illinois. It will always be personal between Self and Weber. I don't know that it will ever be "personal" between Snyder and Weis. I can't think of a thing that they've ever said to or about each other to escalate. Fact of the matter is KSU is going to own KU in football until they don't, and all streaks get broken. When, nobody knows.

ChiTown 05-23-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9703391)
It's 2004/2005 all over again. They are well coached, but the talent just isn't able to keep up. They get by on most years, but look at their roster for next season. Terrible. Bump this when they get conference win number 3--itll be the very end of the year, if at all.

Just curious, who is your team? I ask because if you really think this years team is like 04 or 05, you are wishing that to be the case more than actually knowing wtf you are talking about. Honest to God, that is just a stupid assessment.

I'd be willing to bet $100 and set the over/under on their wins at 7. You can take the under and we push if they stand on 7. Is that a bet?

ChiTown 05-23-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9703395)
That's bullshit. I'm throwin in those couple wins that KU had over Prince as well. Snyder doesn't just get to duck out when KU becomes the dominant program.

Snyder 17 - KU 7

:LOL:

If that's the case, then Snyder get 3 wins for the 09 victory off Kansas in Manhattan. I mean, that was Ron' Prince's ****ed up unit of misfit's, and Kansas's team that had just won an Orange Bowl, right?

You = The Tarded

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-23-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9703407)
Just curious, who is your team? I ask because if you really think this years team is like 04 or 05, you are wishing that to be the case more than actually knowing wtf you are talking about. Honest to God, that is just a stupid assessment.

I'd be willing to bet $100 and set the over/under on their wins at 7. You can take the under and we push if they stand on 7. Is that a bet?

Texas A&M. Ill take that bet. I've looked hard into their roster. This is not a good KSU team.

ChiTown 05-23-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9703415)
Texas A&M. Ill take that bet. I've looked hard into their roster. This is not a good KSU team.

You're on.

You've looked hard into the roster? You are probably looking for stars next to names. You won't find many. That's not really how HCBS does his thing. Good luck.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-23-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9703418)
You're on.

You've looked hard into the roster? You are probably looking for stars next to names. You won't find many. That's not really how HCBS does his thing. Good luck.

Darn. And here I thought I had it all figured it out. It's like Bill Snyder hasn't been around my whole life.

Al Czervik 05-23-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9703422)
Darn. And here I thought I had it all figured it out. It's like Bill Snyder hasn't been around my whole life.

I would never bet against HCBS......
There isnt a coach out there that gets more out of his players.....

Bambi 05-23-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9703412)
:LOL:

If that's the case, then Snyder get 3 wins for the 09 victory off Kansas in Manhattan. I mean, that was Ron' Prince's ****ed up unit of misfit's, and Kansas's team that had just won an Orange Bowl, right?

You = The Tarded

Cool take em. I don't think it gets you above .400 all time against KU though. Got a while before you have any hope of that.

while = never

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-23-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 9703427)

No shit. Im aware of the history at KSU. But if he sniffs 10 wins with THIS team, he's the greatest coach of all time

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 01:55 PM

Here come the MU & KSU trolls into our thread. Surprising? Hardly. We are their entire world.

ChiTown 05-23-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9703578)
Here come the MU & KSU trolls into our thread. Surprising? Hardly. We are their entire world.

LMAO

Saul Good 05-23-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9703578)

Nobody's trolling here you ****ing inbred. If you want to post somewhere with only KU fans, find a KU board

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703658)
Nobody's trolling here you ****ing inbred. If you want to post somewhere with only KU fans, find a KU board

Why was I banned from the MU basketball thread then, Mr Genius? Explain that one.

Saul Good 05-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9703699)
Why was I banned from the MU basketball thread then, Mr Genius? Explain that one.

How the **** should I know? Did I call for your ban? Am I a mod? What does your being banned from a thread have to do with the fact that this thread isn't being trolled?

This thread had a decent discussion going on...until it was derailed...by you.

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703761)
How the **** should I know? Did I call for your ban? Am I a mod? What does your being banned from a thread have to do with the fact that this thread isn't being trolled?

This thread had a decent discussion going on...until it was derailed...by you.

So basically you're full of feces if you say this is anything-goes forum. You were mistaken. It's ok to be wrong but don't lecture people when you are in fact, wrong.

Now back to KU football. Talk more about it. I know how well you contribute to the topic of KU football. A quality contributor, you. We probably can't have any logical discussion about this without your input.

Saul Good 05-23-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9703788)
So basically you're full of feces if you say this is anything-goes forum. You were mistaken. It's ok to be wrong but don't lecture people when you are in fact, wrong.

Now back to KU football. Talk more about it. I know how well you contribute to the topic of KU football. A quality contributor, you. We probably can't have any logical discussion about this without your input.

When did I say it was "anything goes"? It must have been righ after that standing ovation that only you witnessed. I said that nobody was trolling here, and you're going to get comments from people who aren't KU fans.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-23-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703658)

Yes, because those boards are free of you guys, too. :spock:

Bambi 05-23-2013 03:21 PM

Leave Saul alone guys. All KU fans are free to post here.

Prison Bitch 05-23-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703813)
When did I say it was "anything goes"? It must have been righ after that standing ovation that only you witnessed. I said that nobody was trolling here, and you're going to get comments from people who aren't KU fans.

You're still butt-hurt over that one? Get over it. Write a letter to the MU AD and ask them what the Hades could possess your announcer and your fanbase to fete your new overlords like that.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...p3mvo1_500.png

Saul Good 05-23-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9703833)
Leave Saul alone guys. All KU fans are free to post here.

You are literally the reason I stopped liking KU. Think about that for a second... You are such a dipshit that I stopped liking the Jayhawks because of you.

I'm starting to come around again, but **** if fans like you and the bitch don't make it hard. The biggest compliment I can give KU fans on this board is that they also seem to think you're a ****ing idiot. On that note, best of luck this year. It would be pretty cool if MU played KU in a bowl.

Ceej 05-23-2013 05:33 PM

May have to swing up north and catch a game.

Last game I attended was when Adarius Bowman for the Pokes racked up over 300 yds receiving.

Better yet, maybe I SHOULD stay home.

Bambi 05-23-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703861)
You are literally the reason I stopped liking KU. Think about that for a second... You are such a dipshit that I stopped liking the Jayhawks because of you.

I'm starting to come around again, but **** if fans like you and the bitch don't make it hard. The biggest compliment I can give KU fans on this board is that they also seem to think you're a ****ing idiot. On that note, best of luck this year. It would be pretty cool if MU played KU in a bowl.

Yes it would. o:-)

Bambi 05-28-2013 10:35 AM

Huge News

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...year-dismissal

Saul Good 05-28-2013 10:40 AM

What was he originally booted for? He was a big get at one time, IIRC.

Bambi 05-28-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9713994)
What was he originally booted for? He was a big get at one time, IIRC.

He's a really good RB. As a freshman he was:

136 attempts
559 yards
4.1 avg
4 TDs

I don't know if it ever came out why exactly he was dismissed. I think it was more of a bad attitude over Weis and the new regime ala Keeston Terry. He was the one guy I think all KU fans were pissed about leaving.

Miller said that "Coach Weis has given me a rare opportunity ... to make this right. I am truly thankful for this opportunity and I intend to make it right."

Saul Good 05-28-2013 10:50 AM

There is no substitute for talent, and he's a talented kid. If his issues, whatever they were, are behind him, the program is better for having him back.

ArrowheadHawk 05-28-2013 11:13 AM

Good off-season news keeps rolling in. I hope it transfers to the field.

Lzen 05-28-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 9703427)

Yeah, pretty much this.

I wouldn't figure on them winning the conference again, but predicting a losing record let alone 3-4 wins is silly.

Lzen 05-28-2013 02:38 PM

Good news about Miller. That was the one guy I was really disappointed in when he left. Hopefully, he's got his act together and has no more off the field issues. That being said, HB is a position in which KU is pretty stacked. But Miller looked like a game changer at times as a freshman.

Bambi 05-28-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9714588)
Good news about Miller. That was the one guy I was really disappointed in when he left. Hopefully, he's got his act together and has no more off the field issues. That being said, HB is a position in which KU is pretty stacked. But Miller looked like a game changer at times as a freshman.

The good thing is he's still got 3 years left. He'll be a great back to replace Sims full time next year before Wrench is ready.

Braincase 05-28-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9714588)

Ditto. Nice to have him back in Crimson and Blue.

WilliamTheIrish 05-29-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9703386)
Not only that, but Snyder likes to knock their dicks in the dirt. The last three years, KSU has won by 38, 40, & 52 points. We aren't talking about games where a bad bounce decided the outcomes.

I think if you look back to those last three games, KSU passed the ball 5 times total in the second half of those three games.

WilliamTheIrish 05-29-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides (Post 9703415)

That settles it. 5 wins. Max.

I think KSU gets 8. And I'm usually a pessimist.

WilliamTheIrish 05-29-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9703428)
Cool take em. I don't think it gets you above .400 all time against KU though. Got a while before you have any hope of that.

while = never

You enjoy that winning %. I'm sure that and the Technicolor Dreamcoat will keep you warm at night.

BTAU 05-29-2013 07:43 PM

KU defensive end Chris Martin arrested

By RUSTIN DODD

Chris Martin, a junior defensive end on the Kansas football team, was arrested Wednesday in connection with a May 13 armed robbery in southwest Lawrence.

Martin, 21, was charged with aggravated robbery, conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery and kidnapping, according to the Lawrence Police Department. Two other men, former KU lineman Jeremiah Edwards, 21, and Josh Edwards, 28, were also charged in the case.

KU coach Charlie Weis issued a news release Wednesday evening, saying he was aware of the situation and charges.

Martin, a junior college transfer from City College of San Francisco, arrived in Lawrence this spring as a centerpiece in Weis’ second recruiting class at Kansas. A former five-star recruit, Martin originally committed to Cal before transferring to Florida. Two junior college stops later, he was hailed as an answer to KU’s nonexistent pass rush.

But now Martin’s KU career appears in jeopardy before it even began.

According to police, the robbery occurred at approximately 10:30 p.m. on May 13 in the 1900 block of Camelback Drive. The victim stated that several suspects stole cash and marijuana at gunpoint.

“We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering facts,” Weis said. “The behavior described in these charges is not acceptable at the University of Kansas. When we are confident that we have enough information, we will act appropriately.”

Earlier Wednesday, police investigators executed search warrants at locations in Lawrence, finding multiple suspects and evidence from the crime.

Martin and the two other men were arrested and transported to the Douglas County Jail. According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Trent McKinley, information from the case was forwarded to the Douglas County district attorney and the investigation is ongoing.

It’s not the first time Martin has faced legal trouble. The native of Oakland, Calif., was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession in January 2011, according to the Palm Beach Post, during his one season at Florida. He never played for the Gators and left Florida after the school year. But after stints at Navarro College (Texas) and City College of San Francisco, he reconnected with Weis, who had recruited him to Notre Dame while he was in high school.

Martin drew praise during spring ball for his athleticism and was expected to start and provide a needed boost to the Jayhawks’ defensive line.

Saul Good 05-29-2013 08:10 PM

Ouch

Braincase 05-29-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTAU (Post 9717670)
KU defensive end Chris Martin arrested

By RUSTIN DODD

Chris Martin, a junior defensive end on the Kansas football team, was arrested Wednesday in connection with a May 13 armed robbery in southwest Lawrence.

Martin, 21, was charged with aggravated robbery, conspiracy to commit aggravated robbery and kidnapping, according to the Lawrence Police Department. Two other men, former KU lineman Jeremiah Edwards, 21, and Josh Edwards, 28, were also charged in the case.

KU coach Charlie Weis issued a news release Wednesday evening, saying he was aware of the situation and charges.

Martin, a junior college transfer from City College of San Francisco, arrived in Lawrence this spring as a centerpiece in Weis’ second recruiting class at Kansas. A former five-star recruit, Martin originally committed to Cal before transferring to Florida. Two junior college stops later, he was hailed as an answer to KU’s nonexistent pass rush.

But now Martin’s KU career appears in jeopardy before it even began.

According to police, the robbery occurred at approximately 10:30 p.m. on May 13 in the 1900 block of Camelback Drive. The victim stated that several suspects stole cash and marijuana at gunpoint.

“We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering facts,” Weis said. “The behavior described in these charges is not acceptable at the University of Kansas. When we are confident that we have enough information, we will act appropriately.”

Earlier Wednesday, police investigators executed search warrants at locations in Lawrence, finding multiple suspects and evidence from the crime.

Martin and the two other men were arrested and transported to the Douglas County Jail. According to Lawrence Police Sgt. Trent McKinley, information from the case was forwarded to the Douglas County district attorney and the investigation is ongoing.

It’s not the first time Martin has faced legal trouble. The native of Oakland, Calif., was arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession in January 2011, according to the Palm Beach Post, during his one season at Florida. He never played for the Gators and left Florida after the school year. But after stints at Navarro College (Texas) and City College of San Francisco, he reconnected with Weis, who had recruited him to Notre Dame while he was in high school.

Martin drew praise during spring ball for his athleticism and was expected to start and provide a needed boost to the Jayhawks’ defensive line.

Dumbshit. The guy has one last chance at playing D1 and screws it up over a little weed. I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but I think we know which way this is going to go... he's coming here from Oakland...

Saul Good 05-29-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9717838)
Dumbshit. The guy has one last chance at playing D1 and screws it up over a little weed. I know he's innocent until proven guilty, but I think we know which way this is going to go... he's coming here from Oakland...

Little weed? How about the robbery, kidnapping, etc.?

Braincase 05-29-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9717867)
Little weed? How about the robbery, kidnapping, etc.?

I did a quick scan of the story. But by all means make it look like I condone robbery and kidnapping because I didn't mention it.

If he's guilty, boot him to the curb.

Saul Good 05-29-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9717924)
I did a quick scan of the story. But by all means make it look like I condone robbery and kidnapping because I didn't mention it.

If he's guilty, boot him to the curb.

Wasn't trying to make it sound like you condone kidnapping...sorry. The story was about robbery and kidnapping. The weed thing was years ago. Just thought it was funny that you quoted that article and focused on the weed. It's like arresting people for a drive by shooting and ticketing them for not signaling a lane change.