ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jared Allen wants to be traded (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158778)

Manila-Chief 02-25-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner
Like Bwana I can't believe I'm siding with Carl on this one but in this instance I say hold your ground.

I just don't get in this day and age of the money these guys make what the hell is the problem with renting a limo or at least calling a cab.

I agree with both of you. It's unusual for me to support Carl in this. But, he is correct.

When I began reading the article I was blaming Carl for being his usual cheap self ... but, I had not heard that Allen was in a division II school coz he messed up and Div. I schools wouldn't take a chance on him ... Elizabeth mentioned some NFL teams were shy about drafting him coz of his problems. Thus, Whitlock is exactly correct ... tag him and let him prove himself.

If he was a model citizen I'd join you guys about not trusting Kingless in the draft ... but this is a no brainer....

Skip Towne 02-25-2007 08:21 PM

I t was either Jared's dad or grandad who had a reputation as a wild man the rules didn't apply to. So, if it is genetic, we may not see much change in his behavior. Many NFL careers have been ruined by the "10 cent head". Duane Thomas and Joe Don Looney to name but a couple.

Wa-Z 02-26-2007 12:23 AM

I think it's funny how when a premier player wants to leave his team all fans from other teams think they will get him...we do it to...it's just funny. Take a look at some other boards.

RealSNR 02-26-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wa-Z
I think it's funny how when a premier player wants to leave his team all fans from other teams think they will get him...we do it to...it's just funny. Take a look at some other boards.

One of my friends who is a Lions fan seems to think they'll pick up Allen as soon as I told him this story. It's pretty funny.

chefsos 02-26-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Ha, I just did. ExtremeSkins had to merge a bunch of repost threads about Allen. Some of those guys were going nuts, no doubt remembering the way he brutalized them in '05, until reminded of a few details...

SPchief 02-26-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaptownChief
He had no trouble opening up the wallet and grossly overpaying for a turd like Warfield who had a DUI or two at the time. Why shouldn't his agent expect him to do it for a guy who is actually good?

Maybe Carl learned something the first time around for a change?

Ultra Peanut 02-26-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan
Who is this Croyle person? Isn't a Colquitt a punter. That's how bad are drafts have become we have to detail the success's of a punter?

You're dumb. Go away.

King_Chief_Fan 02-26-2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

The orange mane is all excited about the prospect of Allen going to Denver. What a bunch of dumb arses. It is all a negotiating ploy.

BigRedChief 02-26-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan
The orange mane is all excited about the prospect of Allen going to Denver. What a bunch of dumb arses. It is all a negotiating ploy.

That may be true but King Carl may be willing to take the 1st and 3rd rounders and not worry about him melting down later.

King_Chief_Fan 02-26-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
That may be true but King Carl may be willing to take the 1st and 3rd rounders and not worry about him melting down later.

He is one of the true players on the Chiefs team. I think they can bring him under control by being fair. Build some incentives and show him a little love. Hard to do with a guy who has screwed the team by getting enough DUI's to cause him to miss 1/4 the season. (speculative). Getting a first and 3rd for him under the circumstances is hard to ignore.

KC Kings 02-26-2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan
You're probably right but it's just the notion that most people here are so quick to dismiss one of the best players we got like it's nothing and can be easily replaced. I hope you're right.

I don't think that anybody here is "quick to dismiss" Allen, but a lot of people are looking at both sides of the picture. If Allen leaves will it be the end of the world? No, we will still get a couple of high draft picks for him.

I like Allen and want him to stay in KC. That being said, the guy has screwed up time and time again. He is going to be sitting out the first 4 games this season. He is one screw up away from sitting out the entire year. These factors contribute greatly to his total value, and both Allen and the fans need to understand that. I don't see any team paying him the money he wants, plus a first, plus a third, when he can't play for 25% of the season and he is one 6-pack away from being out for a year. Allen screwed up his big pay day, and Carl is taking advantage of his poor decisions for some tough negotiations.

htismaqe 02-26-2007 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Kings
I don't think that anybody here is "quick to dismiss" Allen, but a lot of people are looking at both sides of the picture. If Allen leaves will it be the end of the world? No, we will still get a couple of high draft picks for him.

I like Allen and want him to stay in KC. That being said, the guy has screwed up time and time again. He is going to be sitting out the first 4 games this season. He is one screw up away from sitting out the entire year. These factors contribute greatly to his total value, and both Allen and the fans need to understand that. I don't see any team paying him the money he wants, plus a first, plus a third, when he can't play for 25% of the season and he is one 6-pack away from being out for a year. Allen screwed up his big pay day, and Carl is taking advantage of his poor decisions for some tough negotiations.

Yep.

TRR 02-26-2007 11:13 AM

I'd give up Allen in a heartbeat for a 1st and 3rd round pick. Allen is just too much trouble off the field right now. It''s scary to think what a big contact would do to him.

Allen is about as secure as Larry Johnson is. And that's why he doesn't deserve a big contract. Fact of the matter is, no team will give up a 1st and 3rd for a player that will sit on the bench for the first 4 games of the 07' season. He wil be in KC whether he likes it or not.

FringeNC 02-26-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Kings

I dunno. Jared Allen's off-the-field problems are nothing like that of TO or Moss or those guys. Allen is not a distraction in the locker room. I doubt many teams care about Allen's DUIs other than the fact one more ****up, and he's in big trouble. They could hire him a personnel chauffeur or something.

I don't think we'll lose Jared Allen, and his trade demands are no reason to panic, but having said that, if we DID lose Allen, it would be a HUGE blow.

Redrum_69 02-26-2007 11:58 AM

"And starting for the Raiders....."

L.A. Chieffan 02-26-2007 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69

Wile_E_Coyote 02-26-2007 12:12 PM

He drives a pink caddy, wears Saturday Night Fever suits & dresses up like an Olympic swimmer for shits & giggles. Attention whoring should be expected

KurtCobain 02-26-2007 12:21 PM

I don't get alot of online time anymore and I hadn't heard about this until last night. I'm litterally talking about getting a jared allen jersey and about five minutes later I turn on channel nine news to see the last second of a jared allen interview with the words "wants traded" under his name. WTF!?!?!?!?!! HELL ****ING NO WE LET HIM GO!

bullshit. I swear I'll cry. The Broncos? AAAAAAAAAAH!

tk13 02-26-2007 12:49 PM

Yeah, that's kinda funny, because I had been thinking next time I get around to buying a Chiefs jersey, I was leaning toward getting an Allen one. The jersey-buying business is dangerous in today's NFL.

BigRedChief 02-26-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

For the Raiders 1st and 3rd this year I'd be very happy seeing Allen in a Raiders uniform twice a year welllll unless he gets another DUI then he won't be playing for a year.

But even Al is not that dumb

L.A. Chieffan 02-26-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Yeah, that's kinda funny, because I had been thinking next time I get around to buying a Chiefs jersey, I was leaning toward getting an Allen one. The jersey-buying business is dangerous in today's NFL.

Yeah it's probably best to stick with the classics. Get a DT one or a Lanier one, or maybe a Stoyanovich one.

I have an Allen one already BTW :banghead:

L.A. Chieffan 02-26-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
You're dumb. Go away.

I know you are , but what am I?

Sure-Oz 02-26-2007 01:37 PM

It would suck to lose Allen but a 1st and 3rd for him is pretty damn good deal too....the guy has issues and this is the reason he isnt getting that big deal. Next time he could be out there getting drunk and hurt himself or others just as easy and the chiefs are SOL there if they give him a big pay day! He may have earned it on the field but def. not off of it.

TRR 02-26-2007 02:33 PM

There was an article awhile back about Allen. The author knew about Allen back at his days at Idaho State, and can't believe that he is not in prison right now. I believe the author called him a, "threat to society."

That's when I started questioning Jared Allen.

beer bacon 02-26-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

If Oakland wants to give up their #1 overall pick for Allen, it is fine by me.

Wile_E_Coyote 02-26-2007 03:07 PM

Allen for Pacman

& Vince Young

Archie Bunker 02-26-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
There was an article awhile back about Allen. The author knew about Allen back at his days at Idaho State, and can't believe that he is not in prison right now. I believe the author called him a, "threat to society."

That's when I started questioning Jared Allen.

Didn't Allen originally go to Washington but had his scholorship taken away due to trouble with the law?

He doesn't seem like he will ever learn from his mistakes.

Halfcan 02-26-2007 05:06 PM

I would even take a 2nd for Allen. Fug that guy-2 DWI's and instead of apologizing for making the same mistakes, he come out and says he wants to leave.

Take the 2nd, package it with our 2nd and get a high number one.

NaptownChief 02-26-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief
Maybe Carl learned something the first time around for a change?

That is an interesting thought.....However it would require Carl admiting he made a mistake before. Not sure if that is even possible for him.

Direckshun 02-26-2007 05:49 PM

I simply don't see the value in trading off a sure top 10 DE that's young for two players who might be good. Someone's going to have to explain that to me.

Halfcan 02-26-2007 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun
I simply don't see the value in trading off a sure top 10 DE that's young for two players who might be good. Someone's going to have to explain that to me.

When the player has 2 DWI's and chances are will have another- plus the fact he wants to be traded figures into trading his azz.