ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Whats your Favorite Podcasts? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=163453)

kushed god 10-15-2012 08:32 AM

I don't think they've talked about the chiefs ever.

Baby Lee 11-09-2012 09:13 AM

OMFG Comedy Bang Bangs Election Episode with the Washington Monugents is gut busting.

The parody of MJ's Bad about FL 2000 - 'cause its a chad, a chad, a hanging hanging chad!!'

'Moore Moore Mooooore, Michael Mo-ore, Michael Mo-ore.'

Foghat's 'Slow Ride' = 'Sarah . . . Sarah Palin, . . . Sarah, Sarah Palin.'

And the way The Chocktaw was always juuuuust off key from everyone else suggests he knows something about comedy [bangbang].

blaise 12-19-2012 12:54 PM

Not a podcast, but I'm posting it in here because Mohr Stories gets mentioned-

Jay Mohr is going to host a sports talk show on Fox Sports staring in 2013. He'll be doing the 12-3 Eastern slot, which is the same as Jim Rome. Which is interesting considering Jay was a regular guest host for Jim.

Baby Lee 01-29-2013 09:10 PM

Jeff Garlin's new podcast, By the Way, in Conversation with Jeff Garlin is off to a rousing start.

He has a sitdown extended chat with one guest live at Luna Lounge. First two episodes were Larry David [naturally] and Lena Dunham the day after the Golden Globes.

Garlin's not everyone's cup of tea [his primary claim to fame outside of Curb Your Enthusiam these days is irritating the **** out of Doug Benson, all in jest, for taking over his Doug Loves Movies episodes, particularly when teamed up with E-Trade Baby TJ Miller, . . . Denver YEAH!!!], but he can bring the funny when he wants to.

Gadzooks 01-29-2013 09:31 PM

StarTalk Radio with Neil Degrasse Tyson is pretty cool if you're mildly interested in Astro-Physics.

RyFo18 01-29-2013 09:35 PM

The 2 Mugs Fantasy Football Podcast is pretty good...since I host it.

Silock 01-30-2013 12:19 AM

Hardcore History. This podcast ****ing OWNS MY SOUL. Superbly narrated, divine storytelling and fascinating look at history across all time periods. This podcast is ****ing amazing.

Listen to it now. You won't regret it.

Huffmeister 01-30-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9363790)
Hardcore History. This podcast ****ing OWNS MY SOUL. Superbly narrated, divine storytelling and fascinating look at history across all time periods. This podcast is ****ing amazing.

Sounds awesome, I'll definitely check it out.

The Science Channel made a TV show based on one of my favorite podcasts, Stuff You Should Know. I was stoked, until I sat down to watch it. They would talk about the actual topic, giving facts and reports, but then they had scripted story lines to go along with whatever the topic was. And it was terrible. The wiki page describes the show as being "about a real podcast that is set in a fictional world".

Buck 01-30-2013 04:40 PM

Hardcore History is great.

The Stuff You Should Know TV show is absolute horseshit.

AussieChiefsFan 01-31-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Sounds pretty good, Ill check it out.

AussieChiefsFan 01-31-2013 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9007155)
The Bang Cartoon Radio Hour is completely of the rails, totally hysterical!
The Dave Dameshek Football Program is also one of my favorites, love hearing what Shek and Rank have to say along with Hank and the many guests they have one.
The Rich Eisen Podcast is once again a great podcast to listen to. Eisen being the great host he is, along with the amount of guests and football talk integrated into it is a great listen every time.

I'd just like to reiterate how epic these three Podcasts are.

Baby Lee 02-17-2013 11:03 AM

People should just look up every time David Allen Grier is on Adama Carolla Show.

ALWAYS delivers. Wild stories, great ad libs. Always calls Alison Rosen New Teresa [Strasser, the news girl she replaced]. When Adam goes into a live read for his sponsors he goes of on a rampant cursing tear over the copy.

And someone had the temerity to ask what his sex life sounded like and he busted off this gem on the spot

http://www.youmail.com/community/gre..._grier_humping

If I had the courage that would be my permanent ringtone.

And that isn't even delving into his past bits about black babies named after pharmaceuticals.

He's been on twice in the past month. Check it out.

Brock 02-17-2013 11:09 AM

The dag teddy pendergrass bits have been awesome.

Brock 02-17-2013 11:10 AM

Also, the jay mohr appearance on carolla was hilarious.

Baby Lee 02-17-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9410291)

That's what I'm talking about.

Baby Lee 03-05-2013 08:00 PM

You know who might be the best Carolla guest ever?

Karl Pilkington

Would be fascinated to see how their personalities and views mesh. I wouldn't even want Gervais' cackle in delight at his remarks in this setting, no offense.

Buck 03-05-2013 08:39 PM

Did you listen to CBB this week?

I think Neil Campbell might be my favorite guest.

I think that episode was in the can for like 6-9 months too based on some references I heard.

Fishpicker 03-05-2013 08:57 PM

mohr sports is pretty good

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id606444796

hour 1 from 2/27/13 had me cracking up. jay glazer broke the story of the alex smith trade to mohr sports first.

Baby Lee 03-05-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9468954)
Did you listen to CBB this week?

I think Neil Campbell might be my favorite guest.

I think that episode was in the can for like 6-9 months too based on some references I heard.

No, not yet. Looked at DVR and nearly fainted on how behind of TV watching I was. Only one was was excitement at a new Dana Carvey (EDIT: Dana Gould, Gould, how did I miss that) Hour, which I usually adore but one of his guests had the most the most annoying Whhheeee of a laugh that I wasn't enjoying it as much. Hopefully there'll be a Boston Talk somewhere along the line to make it worth it.

ETA - is it worth it to youtube the video or just listen? If you know.

Baby Lee 03-05-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9469018)
mohr sports is pretty good

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id606444796

hour 1 from 2/27/13 had me cracking up. jay glazer broke the story of the alex smith trade to mohr sports first.

Do you listen to Mohr Stories?

Buck 03-05-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9469050)
No, not yet. Looked at DVR and nearly fainted on how behind of TV watching I was. Only one was was excitement at a new Dana Carvey Hour, which I usually adore but one of his guests had the most the most annoying Whhheeee of a laugh that I wasn't enjoying it as much. Hopefully there'll be a Boston Talk somewhere along the line to make it worth it.

Well, I don't want to make the expectations too high, but it was probably the funniest CBB to me outside of anything Andy Daly has done.

I spit coffee out twice during the episode. TWICE.

Fishpicker 03-05-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9469055)
Do you listen to Mohr Stories?

yeah. it's up and down. When he has fellow comics on, the 'cast is a blast.

Baby Lee 03-15-2013 05:41 PM

The 40 Year Old Boy has a DEVASTATING most recent episode.

Mike can be a lot to take, heck if Jimmy Pardo tells you 'you gots to go' you know someone has a taxing personality.

And takes a while to get there, but the 2:15 of preamble really sets the table for the last :15.

Al Bundy 03-15-2013 06:04 PM

http://nowplayingpodcast.com/
Is GREAT if you are a movie watcher.

BlackHelicopters 03-15-2013 06:11 PM

Dan Patrick. Unable to listen live.

DrunkBassGuitar 03-15-2013 06:34 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Star Talk is really good. Boils modern science and science news down to stuff that a lay person can understand

Demonpenz 03-15-2013 08:55 PM

Listened to Adam Corrolla interview Mike Tyson. It was pretty good. Corrolla used the word Leverage way too much.

Fishpicker 04-09-2013 09:50 PM

Norm Macdonald now has a podcast on videopodcastnetwork.com they broadcast live every Monday at 6 pm PST

it is definitely my favorite now. So far, he has had Super Dave, Tom Green and, Freddy Stoller as guests. you can get the audio only versions of the 'cast off itunes but Norm's deadpan delivery really shines when you watch the videos.

Thig Lyfe 04-09-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9573798)
Norm Macdonald now has a podcast on videopodcastnetwork.com they broadcast live every Monday at 6 pm PST

it is definitely my favorite now. So far, he has had Super Dave, Tom Green and, Freddy Stoller as guests. you can get the audio only versions of the 'cast off itunes but Norm's deadpan delivery really shines when you watch the videos.

I tried listening to the first one but I could not stand Super Dave's ****ing voice. He's funny and his voice is tolerable in small doses but Jesus Christ, I can't sit through an hour plus of that shit.

Fishpicker 04-10-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9573929)
I tried listening to the first one but I could not stand Super Dave's ****ing voice. He's funny and his voice is tolerable in small doses but Jesus Christ, I can't sit through an hour plus of that shit.

I hear ya. Super Dave tends to dominate the conversation too. It's ironic that his surname is Einstein yet, he doesn't know when to STFU.

Titty Meat 04-10-2013 01:33 PM

Adam and Dr Drew

Miles 04-22-2013 12:06 AM

I have heard of Comedy Bang Bang for quite a while for quite a while but finally getting around for a few. Some of the Paul F Thomkins characters are pretty great. Gary Marshall and particularly Warner Herzog.

Baby Lee 04-27-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9613423)
I have heard of Comedy Bang Bang for quite a while for quite a while but finally getting around for a few. Some of the Paul F Thomkins characters are pretty great. Gary Marshall and particularly Warner Herzog.

Last Week had a great reprise of Andrew Lloyd Webber [another PFT character] and Fourvel [one of the most liked episodes of last year].

Bobby Moynihan plays Fourvel, a stabby irritable waif who's dirt poor and roaming the mean streets . . . gah, just listen.

Miles 04-28-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9636585)
Last Week had a great reprise of Andrew Lloyd Webber [another PFT character] and Fourvel [one of the most liked episodes of last year].

Bobby Moynihan plays Fourvel, a stabby irritable waif who's dirt poor and roaming the mean streets . . . gah, just listen.

Thanks for the suggestions. I recently listed to a few podcasts from Doug Loves Movies from about a month ago with PFT as Warner Herzog and they were pretty great. I have liked PFT for a while but now digging into some of his material am realizing that he is pretty damn brilliant.

Baby Lee 05-01-2013 05:09 PM

Prepare to be destroyed

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/index.xml

Radiolab follows a birth at the edge of viability..

SLAG 05-01-2013 08:41 PM

Dave Ramsey's Podcast is awesome if you're a fan of his http://www.daveramsey.com/media/audi...ast_itunes.xml

Miles 05-03-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9636585)

So those two podcasts were kind of incredible.

Stanley Nickels 05-03-2013 11:12 PM

Hardcore History, of course-- been hooked for about 3 years now.
Common Sense
You Made It Weird
The Bugle
Joe Rogan (about 50% of the time)
Radiolab
My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Comedy Bang Bang

Stanley Nickels 05-03-2013 11:12 PM

Oh, and Doug Loves Movies

Buck 05-03-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9649745)
Prepare to be destroyed

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/index.xml

Radiolab follows a birth at the edge of viability..

Probably the toughest episode of RadioLab to get through. I was having a panic attack pretty much the entire time.

Buck 05-04-2013 12:03 AM

I'm flying out to Denver in June to see a live podcast of Uhh Yeah Dude.

Baby Lee 05-30-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 9573798)

I am actually in melancholy over this show, . . but it's because there aren't more of them. Ripped through them pretty quickly and find myself peeking back regularly to see if new episodes are up. Luckily there was one with Andy Dick this week, and it might have been the best episode yet, what with Norm freed up to pose a bunch of homo queries and bon mots.

Now I am jonesing for more and more.

The guy is a national treasure. I don't know if there is anyone more innately funny in the world today. No exxageration. I'd put him up with Jonathan Winters and that is rarified air IMO.

EDIT: Kudos to whomever it was. . . Swardson? Who queried Norm on whether he was running a Jiminy Glick kind of thing. ROFL ROFL - 'cause Norm is a great big fat guy now.

Buck 05-30-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9656350)
I'm flying out to Denver in June to see a live podcast of Uhh Yeah Dude.

And I just bought tickets to live Comedy Bang Bang in July. Sweet Jesus this is going to be an awesome summer.

I'm going to check out Norm's podcast.

Baby Lee 06-07-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9720553)
And I just bought tickets to live Comedy Bang Bang in July. Sweet Jesus this is going to be an awesome summer.

I'm going to check out Norm's podcast.

This latest CBB is driving me crazy. Evidently, the videocast is the shizz because The Choctaw winds PFT up pretty good a couple times and Gilly is doing some hilarious stuff with her anusless baby/doll [word is that both Scott and Gillian got Paul laughing so hard he was taken out of the mix for a good full minute on multiple occasions]. It was up shortly, but went back to private. The audiocast is sitting on Itunes mocking me, but I'm trying to be strong and hold out for the ep to go back public on VPN.

Baby Lee 06-07-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9410291)

Put my shoe in yo' ass

I'm gonna box them titties, aaahhhgggggghhhgh!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zjVjgYHcRSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buck 06-07-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9736238)
This latest CBB is driving me crazy. Evidently, the videocast is the shizz because The Choctaw winds PFT up pretty good a couple times and Gilly is doing some hilarious stuff with her anusless baby/doll [word is that both Scott and Gillian got Paul laughing so hard he was taken out of the mix for a good full minute on multiple occasions]. It was up shortly, but went back to private. The audiocast is sitting on Itunes mocking me, but I'm trying to be strong and hold out for the ep to go back public on VPN.

My friend posted a link to the live stream on his Facebook as it was airing, and I was able to view it after the airdate by clicking that link. Let me see if I can find it.

Buck 06-07-2013 05:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=admaY8ukBAA

Posting from my phone. Can't confirm if it works or not. Good luck. Scott and PFT did perfect improved this episode.

Baby Lee 06-07-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9736698)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=admaY8ukBAA

Posting from my phone. Can't confirm if it works or not. Good luck. Scott and PFT did perfect improved this episode.

Yeah, that link was taken private when the audio posted at Itunes, to bolster their Itunes downloads for a week or so. Probably have to wait to Sunday or Monday.

EDT: BTW, this led me to some vidcasts I had missed somehow, and a subsequent change in my avatar, explained here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W4_Sep7on8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scott [Aukerman, host, left] has a history of being VERY perturbed if guests interrupt the 'Would You Rather' theme [opening fanfare to 'Frogs the Musical' by Stephen Sondheim, and yes that exists], often engaging in prolonged cursing tirades if they make a sound. So PFT as Cake Boss, Buddy Vilastro [CakeBoss!!] is honoring that history with steely resolve.

ImAWalkingCorpse 06-07-2013 06:16 PM

http://www.nowplayingpodcast.com/
Really good movie retrospective podcast.

Baby Lee 06-08-2013 02:10 AM

Streaming this Sunday on KCPS youtube channel and available on ITunes soon there after.

Stephen Merchant on Kevin Pollack Chat Show. Must see vidpod.

He has a new HBO show leading into EB&D this fall.

Also Gilbert [you know the one] on Norm MacDonald Live Monday sounds promising.

Baby Lee 06-12-2013 02:38 AM

Listening to Carolla, Ice-T and Coco on. Pleasantly surprised. Every time I see her, I think 'this is a person I don't want to know any more about.'

But merely listening to her on the computer, without the cartoonish boobs, butt and lips, she sounds like some midwestern pollyanna super nice down to earth chick. Would never picture her is I hadn't seen her before.

What's the deal? Is she a sweetie who happens to have Mecha-Kardashian features, or is she just being nice for Adam and the press tour?

Baby Lee 06-12-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9737423)
Also Gilbert [you know the one] on Norm MacDonald Live Monday sounds promising.

I'd be willing to chance muscular dystrophy to lick Catherine Zeta Jones' asshole.

BTW - I love that Norm has such animus for 'serious' comedy. Posted clips of Jeaneane and Bill Hicks without comment [actually, surrounding the bit, but not directly commenting on these clips, he was announcing his intent to change, because his work was shit 'you're not funny unless someone assassinate you for your comedy'] and let them stand for how precious and UNFUNNY they were.

Buck 06-12-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9736796)
Yeah, that link was taken private when the audio posted at Itunes, to bolster their Itunes downloads for a week or so. Probably have to wait to Sunday or Monday.

EDT: BTW, this led me to some vidcasts I had missed somehow, and a subsequent change in my avatar, explained here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W4_Sep7on8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scott [Aukerman, host, left] has a history of being VERY perturbed if guests interrupt the 'Would You Rather' theme [opening fanfare to 'Frogs the Musical' by Stephen Sondheim, and yes that exists], often engaging in prolonged cursing tirades if they make a sound. So PFT as Cake Boss, Buddy Vilastro [CakeBoss!!] is honoring that history with steely resolve.

I don't know if you missed it, but PFT as Cake Boss doing that star down was my avatar for a few weeks. I had to do a double take when I saw it as your avatar for the first time.

Baby Lee 06-12-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9746878)
I don't know if you missed it, but PFT as Cake Boss doing that star down was my avatar for a few weeks. I had to do a double take when I saw it as your avatar for the first time.

My dream [which I've done nothing about, know so little about social media], is to somehow get to Scott the idea of, you know how he always gets Cake Boss' name wrong, calling Cake Boss Brucie Valanchstro. Just spring that little pun on PFT.

BTW I did finally see the Gary Marshall/Gilly episode and the;

What's your alien name?

Oh, it's unpronouncable.

Is it the 'N word?'

exchange was worth the wait. to see PFT holding his breath for like a minute trying to recover decorum.

Baby Lee 07-01-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9719893)
I am actually in melancholy over this show, . . but it's because there aren't more of them. Ripped through them pretty quickly and find myself peeking back regularly to see if new episodes are up. Luckily there was one with Andy Dick this week, and it might have been the best episode yet, what with Norm freed up to pose a bunch of homo queries and bon mots.

Now I am jonesing for more and more.

The guy is a national treasure. I don't know if there is anyone more innately funny in the world today. No exxageration. I'd put him up with Jonathan Winters and that is rarified air IMO.

EDIT: Kudos to whomever it was. . . Swardson? Who queried Norm on whether he was running a Jiminy Glick kind of thing. ROFL ROFL - 'cause Norm is a great big fat guy now.

Looks like Norm is kind of spazzing on the show. Lost mangrate, Gilbert II instead of Kevin Farley, no episode after then competing rumors of illness, summer hiatus, working on a screenplay, and fired by whomever provides his youtube bandwidth.

Fishpicker 07-01-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9785944)
Looks like Norm is kind of spazzing on the show. Lost mangrate, Gilbert II instead of Kevin Farley, no episode after then competing rumors of illness, summer hiatus, working on a screenplay, and fired by whomever provides his youtube bandwidth.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZpOol74qhqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

here's a compilation of 10-15 minute bits Norm did for the Dennis Miller radio/podcast. this was done when the writers were on strike. Norm emptied his topical joke vault. This is worth listening to when there's no more Norm live show.

ImAWalkingCorpse 07-01-2013 06:00 PM

Radiodrome is a pretty good one.

blaise 07-02-2013 10:26 AM

I had a mention on Jay Mohr's most recent podcast with Bill Burr.

Buck 07-17-2013 03:55 PM

Going to see Comedy Bang Bang live tonight.

Baby Lee 07-18-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9818031)
Going to see Comedy Bang Bang live tonight.

Sorry Paul Rust was the guest you got.

Baby Lee 07-29-2013 09:37 AM

Andy Kindler goes full-on ****y.

http://www.laughspin.com/2013/07/27/...-werent-funny/

Baby Lee 08-05-2013 05:00 PM

Alton Brown has joined the Nerdist network and is hosting his own show.

If you're picturing the guy from Good Eats rambling entertainingly about the finer points of gastronomy, you wouldn't be wrong.

noa 08-05-2013 06:08 PM

I've been on a kick going back through old CBBs and listening to Andy Daly's characters. He has me in tears in almost every appearance. He and PFT both have a remarkable ability to make quick, witty repsonses while staying perfectly in character.

Baby Lee 08-05-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa (Post 9860696)
I've been on a kick going back through old CBBs and listening to Andy Daly's characters. He has me in tears in almost every appearance. He and PFT both have a remarkable ability to make quick, witty repsonses while staying perfectly in character.

Dip didda dit doooooowwwww!!!

patteeu 08-05-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 6413867)
Firstly, I have to give a shoutout to Out of the Game

4Guys1up (formerly 1up Yours)
Retronauts (1up's retro-gaming podcast)
Sports Anomaly (1up sports game podcast)
Giant Bombcast
The Geekbox
RebelFM

I also listen to all of the podcasts on the Adam Carolla Entertainment Network:
The Adam Carolla podcast
Carcast
Ace on the House
Sportscast with Spider and the Henchman

The PTI podcast
The BS Report

I Love Movies
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Radiolab
This American Life
WTF with Marc Maron

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9365511)
Hardcore History is great.

The Stuff You Should Know TV show is absolute horseshit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 9656301)
Hardcore History, of course-- been hooked for about 3 years now.
Common Sense
You Made It Weird
The Bugle
Joe Rogan (about 50% of the time)
Radiolab
My Brother, My Brother, and Me
Comedy Bang Bang

I agree about Hardcore History. Awesome.

You guys might like a podcast series on the Byzantine Empire called "12 Byzantine Rulers" by Lars Brownworth.

I'm looking forward to his "Norman Centuries" followup, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Huffmeister 08-05-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9860524)
Alton Brown has joined the Nerdist network and is hosting his own show.

If you're picturing the guy from Good Eats rambling entertainingly about the finer points of gastronomy, you wouldn't be wrong.

I've enjoyed his podcast so far. Of course, it helps when he has iron chefs on as guests. I never thought I'd learn about owning race horses from Bobby Flay on a podcast.

Baby Lee 08-06-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 9861277)
I've enjoyed his podcast so far. Of course, it helps when he has iron chefs on as guests. I never thought I'd learn about owning race horses from Bobby Flay on a podcast.

The episode on southern cooking, and biscuits in particular, had me awash in waves of nostalgia. My grandma made the best biscuits I ever ate, and that's not just nepotism. We would go down there on holidays and strangers [often, to me] and family members would drop in at the crack of dawn, some just happened to be around [and she lived in rural, RURAL, LA] some were on a road trip and swung by. Everyone made a concerted effort to get there when her biscuits would be coming out of the oven. Made about 3-4 dozen every morning. Nothing to document the process but her hands and her brain. Honey, real butter, Johnny's Sorghum, Paw-paw [southern tree fruit that had the consistency of a real big raisin or a mango, looked like a brown lemon with a tangerine-like skin, you can pick them green or assorted shades of yellow but brown is the best, and a flavor somewhere between apple butter and spiced bourbon] jelly.

Baby Lee 08-08-2013 12:20 AM

WTF?!?!? Dana Gould divorced Sue Naegle?

Leaving the BILLIONAIRE Entertainment Demi-Goddess who gave the Emmy Award Winning Comic leeway to generate humor and raise a loving family because he wasn't 'growing' at a proper rate?

Hollywood IS filled with weirdos.

Baby Lee 08-08-2013 03:10 AM

ACS: Carolla and Mohr with Mohr playing 'Big Mama,' waaaayy funnier than Jo Koy's obstructionist PF Chang's Maitre d'. [Though it was HILARIOUS to hear Pardo mock Jo Koy's bit premises on Todd Glass Show].

'Dawson move your head awkwardly.' ROFL ROFL

Baby Lee 08-18-2013 03:12 PM

PFT's Richard Harrow cracked me up with the first 'Boo'

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w95KVnq8pxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-24-2013 12:43 PM

A to that P straight crushing the rap battle

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F112060110"></iframe>

Amy at 5:30

Baby Lee 10-16-2013 08:00 AM

Casey Wilson, as the group discusses Hollywood problems like they were legitimate complaints.

'You gu-uys, you think we should commit sui after the show?'

Nerdist

ROFL ROFL

BTW - has anyone checked out 'Getting Doug with High' Basically Doug Benson bringing in celebs to smoke up and chat for a bit while altered on the internet. Haven't seen it yet, but thinking about it.

Silock 10-30-2013 05:47 AM

New Hardcore History just came out! Looks like a new series on WW1.

Baby Lee 11-08-2013 11:26 PM

Late to the party, but Welcome to Night Vale is AWESOME.

http://podbay.fm/show/536258179

Described as 'A Prairie Home Companion' as written by Stephen King, it's a fake newscast covering local events, that skew to dark humor and dark horror at a moment's notice. Riffs on every imaginable conspiracy theory. A little Art Bell, a little X-files, a little Affirmation Nation with Bob Ducca.

Don't believe me, check the reviews in itunes.

If you don't have time for the entire podcast [episodes are only about 20min each], rummage through Night Vale Weather;

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVFSq6W_jas3ioU16g8CHZg

their weekly music selection. Some of the most consistently excellent obscure or minor label music around.

Demonpenz 11-09-2013 09:51 PM

Bill Simmons.

Baby Lee 11-16-2013 12:58 PM

Adomian is back on The Todd Glass Show, and it is GLORIOUS.

Absolutely no structure, just Todd goading him into a mess of bits, riffing on ridiculous songs [Sinatra's Bim Bam Baby, Clarence Carter's Strokin,' a couple of songs that are hilarious in their own right], shuffling through his characters.

I'm in tears from laughing at 'Merrill Schindler' singing to The Charleston.

Baby Lee 11-27-2013 10:17 AM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Alison Rosen's new EPIC guitar solo

"Weedily weedily!!"

#topdrop

Fire Me Boy! 11-28-2013 06:45 PM

I like the Nerdist podcast and Alton Brown's.

Silock 11-29-2013 02:26 AM

Alton Brown's was more interesting at the beginning. The interview-only format got a little boring because I don't watch Top Chef.

Fire Me Boy! 11-29-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10231742)
Alton Brown's was more interesting at the beginning. The interview-only format got a little boring because I don't watch Top Chef.

I've been catching up on Nerdists so I'm behind on AB. Explain please.