ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The LAC Lake Show Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=173841)

Buck 03-27-2009 09:38 AM

How many games left? 10?

L.A. Chieffan 04-08-2009 07:16 PM

bynums back tomorrow

Buck 04-08-2009 08:34 PM

Finally!

88TG88 04-08-2009 09:34 PM

w00t toooo daaaaa shhhhhiiiiipppppppppp

L.A. Chieffan 04-10-2009 10:55 AM

bynum 16 pts and 7 boards in 21 minutes in asscrushing of nuggets.

88TG88 04-14-2009 11:29 PM

65-17, playoffs on sunday vs jazz, and best record in the west. To da 'ship

BWillie 04-15-2009 01:31 AM

So, does Adam Morrison just completely suck at defense? He doesn't even get mop up time. I don't know how a guy that averaged 28.1 PPG on a good team in college can just completely suck so bad in the NBA. I know he's relatively slow and lacks lateral quickness, but alot of guys make due. JJ Reddick even makes that guy look shitty in the NBA, and he's like 6-3 and has T-rex arms.

kcxiv 04-15-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 5671126)
So, does Adam Morrison just completely suck at defense? He doesn't even get mop up time. I don't know how a guy that averaged 28.1 PPG on a good team in college can just completely suck so bad in the NBA. I know he's relatively slow and lacks lateral quickness, but alot of guys make due. JJ Reddick even makes that guy look shitty in the NBA, and he's like 6-3 and has T-rex arms.

He's not completely healthy. This knee is causing him to be slow and tentative out there. Then again, anyone is better then ****ing Luke worthless Walton.

Also nice to see Farmar's minute taken away by Shannon Brown. Farmar has been playign really bad this year.

88TG88 04-21-2009 10:49 PM

Lakers up eleven with less than 10 minutes to play.

kcxiv 04-21-2009 10:52 PM

Farmar has been replaced for good. This is great.

88TG88 04-21-2009 10:54 PM

LO with 17

88TG88 05-06-2009 08:54 PM

Lake show up 8 early in the 1st.

CaliforniaChief 05-06-2009 10:46 PM

Could Derek Fisher be our outside linebacker? My God what a hit.

Toadkiller 05-06-2009 10:48 PM

D Fish! About time someone on the team show some fire. I loved it!

Basileus777 05-06-2009 10:50 PM

That would've been a flagrant 1 if the refs didn't just warn the players. But Fisher did it right after they gave out double-technicals.

KCChiefsMan 05-06-2009 10:51 PM

Now its getting entertaining

Basileus777 05-06-2009 11:07 PM

Kobe with the cheapshot elbow, but Artest handled it poorly. He shouldn't have been thrown out though.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-06-2009 11:12 PM

If I have to hear Gasol scream on a phantom call one more time...

L.A. Chieffan 05-06-2009 11:57 PM

uhhh **** artest.

thank you, drive through

kcxiv 05-07-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5746559)
Kobe with the cheapshot elbow, but Artest handled it poorly. He shouldn't have been thrown out though.

lol Kobe shouldnt have thrown that elbow, but he wont get into trouble for it imo, but Artest should have been thrown out. The way he went up to Kobe and the way he looked like he wanted ot kill Kobe. lol I still beleive Fisher is going to be suspended for game 3.

BWillie 05-07-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5746623)
lol Kobe shouldnt have thrown that elbow, but he wont get into trouble for it imo, but Artest should have been thrown out. The way he went up to Kobe and the way he looked like he wanted ot kill Kobe. lol I still beleive Fisher is going to be suspended for game 3.

Scola kind of flopped back a little bit. He was just waiting for someone to touch him so he could make it look worse than it was. But kudos for Fisher. Looked like he just had enough of this shit

TEX 05-07-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5746543)
That would've been a flagrant 1 if the refs didn't just warn the players. But Fisher did it right after they gave out double-technicals.

I disagree. Fisher clearly turned his head and loaded up. He knew exactly what he was about to do.

TEX 05-07-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5746599)
uhhh **** artest.

thank you, drive through

As usal the Prima Momba gets away with everything. Doesn't matter though - the Rockets can play with LA and IMO have the better team. The only clear advantage the Lakers have is Kobe. After that - the Rockets are better, especially the 2nd team. If the league calls things even and doesn't drool all over the possibility of a Kobe / Labron finals, I like the Rockets chances.

L.A. Chieffan 05-07-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 5747022)
I disagree. Fisher clearly turned his head and loaded up. He knew exactly what he was about to do.

Fisher did it on purpose. And you know what? Good. Teams have been trying to mess withe the "soft" Lakers all year and now they're responding.

This was a good game, not just because they won, but because they didn't take any shit on the court.

L.A. Chieffan 05-07-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 5747042)
As usal the Prima Momba gets away with everything. Doesn't matter though - the Rockets can play with LA and IMO have the better team. The only clear advantage the Lakers have is Kobe. After that - the Rockets are better, especially the 2nd team. If the league calls things even and doesn't drool all over the possibility of a Kobe / Labron finals, I like the Rockets chances.

So you admit that Kobe is the MVP then. Good for you.

TEX 05-07-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5747044)

No. Labron was better this year. But regardless - Who Cares? The ONLY clear advantage the Lakers have is Kobe - after that the Rockets are better. Will Kobe be enough? I don't think so - especially if the games are called fairly.

L.A. Chieffan 05-07-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 5747059)
No. Labron was better this year. But regardless - Who Cares? The ONLY clear advantage the Lakers have is Kobe - after that the Rockets are better. Will Kobe be enough? I don't think so - especially if the games are called fairly.

Are you saying the lakers are getting the calls and the rockets aren't? Is that what you're saying?

Buck 05-07-2009 09:33 AM

Hey I like that Fisher had the balls to defend his team, but hes definitely going to be suspended for game 3, it was a real costly move. I wouldn't be surprised if there ended up being some kind of fight this series.

How about Ron Artest vs. Adam Morrison?

L.A. Chieffan 05-07-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5747066)
Hey I like that Fisher had the balls to defend his team, but hes definitely going to be suspended for game 3, it was a real costly move. I wouldn't be surprised if there ended up being some kind of fight this series.

How about Ron Artest vs. Adam Morrison?

Yeah you don't want to see anybody get suspended but sometimes you just gotta say, **** YOU JOBU.

Buck 05-07-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5747063)
Are you saying the lakers are getting the calls and the rockets aren't? Is that what you're saying?

The Lakers had 6 fouls in the first 2.5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Anyone who says the officiating was one sided is reeruned.

TEX 05-07-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5747043)
Fisher did it on purpose. And you know what? Good. Teams have been trying to mess withe the "soft" Lakers all year and now they're responding.

This was a good game, not just because they won, but because they didn't take any shit on the court.

That's because the Lakers ARE soft. Desperate times call for desperate measures.I have no problem that he did it on purpose. He did and he should be suspended for game 3. No big deal. What I can't stand is the Lakers denying that it was intentional. I also agree that it was a good game - especially because the Rockets played without Yao for most of it (Funny how that happened as many predicted it would) - and without Artest at crunch time and STILL GAVE LA ALL THEY COULD HANDLE. If LA ever gets into a situation where they have to play without Kobe for any length of time - it's over. Furthermore, if all things are equal - it's over. Yao + Artest is better than Kobe...The Rockets bench is better than LA's. The Rockets are more confident now than they were going in, and rightfully so.

Buck 05-07-2009 09:53 AM

The Lakers didn't look soft when Ariza dunked on Battier last night.

TEX 05-07-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5747063)

Nope. The number of calls are about the same. The circumstances and who gets them are not. Which has been the hidden NBA rule forever. Kobe is the Superstar - so he will get every benefit of the doubt - and he does. That is what I'm saying.

Buck 05-07-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 5747133)
Nope. The number of calls are about the same. The circumstances and who gets them are not. Which has been the hidden NBA rule forever. Kobe is the Superstar - so he will get every benefit of the doubt - and he does. That is what I'm saying.

I think its funny how you keep saying if you take Kobe off the Lakers they have nothing...while it may or may not be true, they have Kobe, so whats the point of saying it?

And of course he's going to get the calls, thats just the way it works. The superstars always get the calls. You can't complain about that shit, your team just has to overcome it. It may suck to hear, but its true.

Oh and as far as your quoted post, The Lakers were up by maybe 9 points or so to begin the 4th quarter, not an insurmountable lead at all. They quickly got called for 6 fouls and Houston was in the Bonus for the rest of the game....If you dont think that was to the Lakers disadvantage in that circumstance then you are and idiot.

L.A. Chieffan 05-07-2009 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 5747133)

What you're saying doesn't make any sense so trying to explain it may be difficult.

It it is very uncommon for a road team to get more fouls than the home team especially in the playoffs.

Yet the Rockets attempted 29 FTs and the Lakers 26. And that was with Houston fouling ON PURPOSE in the 4th quarter to stop time. Game 1 was completely lopsided with Rockets shooting TEN more freethrows than the Lakers.

So, in the playoffs, against the Lakers who everybody knows theres a hidden NBA secret agenda bias for, ON THE ROAD, Houston shot 13 more free thows.

BTW, Kobe attempted 7 FTs which is nothing considering he shot 27 times and was driving in the lane all night. The Rockets "Superstar" Carl Landry led everyone with 13 FTAs.

TEX 05-07-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5747179)
What you're saying doesn't make any sense so trying to explain it may be difficult.

It it is very uncommon for a road team to get more fouls than the home team especially in the playoffs.

Yet the Rockets attempted 29 FTs and the Lakers 26. And that was with Houston fouling ON PURPOSE in the 4th quarter to stop time. Game 1 was completely lopsided with Rockets shooting TEN more freethrows than the Lakers.

So, in the playoffs, against the Lakers who everybody knows theres a hidden NBA secret agenda bias for, ON THE ROAD, Houston shot 13 more free thows.

BTW, Kobe attempted 7 FTs which is nothing considering he shot 27 times and was driving in the lane all night. The Rockets "Superstar" Carl Landry led everyone with 13 FTAs.

And the Lakers were fouling on purpose in game 1 to stop the clock as well..I understand what you're saying. You're not accounting for fouls not called. Anyway - no big deal. This is THE series of the playoffs now - much to the surprise of most Laker fans, including yourself I bet.

Regarding Carl Landry, the announcers didn't know JACK about him. He's had games like that before, only not on the same stage. He made the team last year with his play above the rim. He hurt his knee and missed many games towards the end of the season. Had to rehab in the offseason - then this year he gets shot in the leg - right when he had almost gotten to the place he was last year. It's no surprise to anyone who knows the Rockets that he did what he did.

vailpass 05-07-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5747044)

ROFL Wanna-be-like-Mike finished 3rd in 1st place MVP votes. As Sean Connery once said "I'll take The rapists for 500 Trebec".

L.A. Chieffan 05-07-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5747226)
ROFL Wanna-be-like-Mike finished 3rd in 1st place MVP votes. As Sean Connery once said "I'll take The rapists for 500 Trebec".

Do you have somebody help you type on the keyboard or do you handle most of the difficult tasks by yourself? If so, kudos to you buddy! :thumb:

kcxiv 05-07-2009 02:37 PM

Kobe was not the MVP this year, but he didnt have to be. Could he have went apeshit and averaged 30 ppg if he wanted to ? sure, but he didnt have too. He has played alot of basketball in his 13 years in the NBA. He's 30 years old. He now has to slow it down a bit and thats fine. Age happens to everyone.

When Lebronze is 30 years old, he's going to feel it alot moreso then Kobe. Lebron bangs way more then Kobe ever did. Then again Kobe is a different kind of player then James.

L.A. Chieffan 05-08-2009 11:56 PM

LAKERS AINT GOT SHIT BUT KOBE. THEY PUNK ASSES GOIN DOWN IN H-TOWN YO!!!

L.A. Chieffan 05-14-2009 10:12 AM

Game 6 tonight. They blew us out. We blew them out.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN?

Toadkiller 05-14-2009 10:15 AM

Lakers will wrap it up tonight winning by 13 points.

L.A. Chieffan 05-14-2009 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toadkiller (Post 5764973)
Lakers will wrap it up tonight winning by 13 points.

I HAVE A 13 POINTS FROM A MAN IN THE FRONT, THANK YOU SIR......

Buck 05-14-2009 10:21 AM

Lakers need to get the ball to Gasol in the post.

If they do, they win easily, if they don't watch out.

I'm taking Lakers by 6.

L.A. Chieffan 05-14-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5765008)
Lakers need to get the ball to Gasol in the post.

If they do, they win easily, if they don't watch out.

I'm taking Lakers by 6.

laaaakers by 6, do i hear a rockets victory from anyone?

vailpass 05-15-2009 10:09 AM

LMAO Houston's second string takes Phil and the boys to a game 7

88TG88 05-17-2009 01:41 PM

Game 7 Lake show up 8

88TG88 05-17-2009 02:09 PM

Lake show up 14 in the 2nd quarter

88TG88 05-17-2009 03:48 PM

Looks like LA is moving on.

kcxiv 05-17-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88TG88 (Post 5773224)
Looks like LA is moving on.

I just hope Bynum keeps the confidence. Looks like his knee is feeling better now. He at times was getting up for the big rebound and even diving on the floor for it. Good to see he's starting to trust his knee. If he plays like he played today. Lakers are in GOOD GOOD shape.

L.A. Chieffan 05-17-2009 07:27 PM

lakers have no heart. **** em

Buck 05-18-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5773302)
I just hope Bynum keeps the confidence. Looks like his knee is feeling better now. He at times was getting up for the big rebound and even diving on the floor for it. Good to see he's starting to trust his knee. If he plays like he played today. Lakers are in GOOD GOOD shape.

I think the Lakers winning the Championship depends on how well Bynum and Gasol play.

If we don't have an inside game, no chance.

TEX 05-18-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5767510)
LMAO Houston's second string takes Phil and the boys to a game 7

Exactly. Took 7 games... No other team in the NBA could have lost so much and made it as far. Congrats ROCKETS on a outstanding season!

Buck 05-18-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 5774079)
Exactly. Took 7 games... No other team in the NBA could have lost so much and made it as far. Congrats ROCKETS on a outstanding season!

One thing that bugged me about the announcing that went on in this series.

When the Lakers were down big to the Rockets in game 4, and cut the lead to 12, it was just "garbage time".

When the Lakers destroyed the Rockets in game 5, and the final score was a 40 point margin, the Rockets were "resilient"

TEX 05-18-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774090)

When the Lakers were down big to the Rockets in game 4, and cut the lead to 12, it was just "garbage time".

When the Lakers destroyed the Rockets in game 5, and the final score was a 40 point margin, the Rockets were "resilient"

But either way they spewed it, the bottom line was a delpeated Rockets team gave them all they could handle, and forced a Game 7.

vailpass 05-18-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774090)

Houston was playing without their front line and were gutsy as hell. IIRC they didn't have a guy over 6'6". If LA had any heart (or MJ) that series wouldn't have gone past game 5.

Buck 05-18-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5774145)
Houston was playing without their front line and were gutsy as hell. They didn't have a guy over 6'6". If LA had any heart (or MJ) that series wouldn't have gone past game 5.

Wow. I really cant wait until we send Denver packing.

vailpass 05-18-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774148)

You play for the Lakers? What number are you? Tell Phil he's looking bloated these days.

Buck 05-18-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 5774153)
You play for the Lakers? What number are you? Tell Phil he's looking bloated these days.

Like you've never referred to your favorite sports team as "we".

Give me a break.

vailpass 05-18-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774185)
Like you've never referred to your favorite sports team as "we".

Give me a break.

Could you also tell that dinosaur Jack Nicholson and the goofy ass fossil in white sunglasses that sits next to him that their act is tired?
Has Kobe ever told you how Shaq's ass tastes?
When you guys are at practice do you ever tease Bynum for being soft?

TEX 05-18-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MediaCenterJunkie (Post 5774148)

I don't think LA wins this series. The Nuggets are peaking at the right time, and they play a physical game. LA has the size, but their front court often plays smaller than it is. The Rockets showed that LA can be beaten soundly. They're not the super team that can just show up and beat you, like everyone was saying before the playoffs.

PunkinDrublic 05-18-2009 12:13 PM

I usually don't root for the lakers but my hatred for the thuggets compels me to do so. I saw a fan holding a sign proclaiming the birdman as the Colorado state bird. I couldn't agree more since the fauxhawk is the unoffical douchebag haircut and Denver fans are douchebags.

88TG88 05-19-2009 09:47 PM

COME GET SOME !!!!!!1!!

L.A. Chieffan 05-19-2009 11:59 PM

NO HEART PUSSY LAKERS

kcxiv 05-20-2009 12:15 AM

Ariza played like shit in the first half, then i dunno, but he was into it the 2nd half and stepped it up. THink he just had to figure out their gameplan and what they wanted to do.

Ariza is HUGE for the Lakers. He's been a clutch 3 point shooter. He's just been knocking them down. I dont cringe anymor3e when he shoots it. I expect it to go in now. So awesome. That steal at the end of the game was just the Cobra striking.

munkey 05-20-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5778980)
That steal at the end of the game was just the Cobra striking.

Did he make a play yes....BUT I blame Karl for this loss. Leaving Carter in to make the inbound pass was just bad coaching IMO.

L.A. Chieffan 05-20-2009 08:46 AM

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v3oosz.gif

NO HEART

Simply Red 05-20-2009 08:50 AM

I just coined this, ready?

Simply Red 05-20-2009 08:52 AM

'Lake-n-Bake!'

Simply Red 05-20-2009 08:53 AM

That's so awesome. Just awesome!!!!!!!!!!

L.A. Chieffan 05-20-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5779303)
'Lake-n-Bake!'

SR, how did a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

L.A. Chieffan 05-20-2009 09:05 AM

i can tell this series is bullshit already because the lakers are getting ALL the calls....VAST NBA CONSPIRACY TO HAVE LA IN THE FINALS, STUPID REFS

Buck 05-20-2009 09:06 AM

That was a pretty clutch 4th quarter performance by the Lakers.

I just wish they wouldn't start every game w/ a 10 point deficit.

Anyways, Kobe haters can take a seat today.

Buck 05-20-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5779327)
i can tell this series is bullshit already because the lakers are getting ALL the calls....VAST NBA CONSPIRACY TO HAVE LA IN THE FINALS, STUPID REFS

ROFL

Simply Red 05-20-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 5779326)
SR, how did a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

Kobe is really good at free-throws. I hear he did a thousand the other night over at, Espace.

Simply Red 05-20-2009 09:16 AM

is that Lane Kiffin?

CaliforniaChief 05-20-2009 09:17 AM

Nice win....but my cardiologist says I could die if we have another one like that on Thursday.

L.A. Chieffan 05-20-2009 09:19 AM

maybe the nuggets would have won if they had more time off between series and the lakers hadn't.

L.A. Chieffan 05-20-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5779360)
is that Lane Kiffin?

so, i was sitting next to larry david in the front row when this little hardbody asked me if i wanted something to drink. at first all i could think of was slicing her open and watching her blood ooze on to the floor in front of millions of people and maybe NENE would slip and pull his only testicle, but then i regained my composure and ordered a corona with J&B straight, and relief washed over me in an awesome wave.

vailpass 05-20-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 5778980)
Ariza played like shit in the first half, then i dunno, but he was into it the 2nd half and stepped it up. THink he just had to figure out their gameplan and what they wanted to do.

Ariza is HUGE for the Lakers. He's been a clutch 3 point shooter. He's just been knocking them down. I dont cringe anymor3e when he shoots it. I expect it to go in now. So awesome. That steal at the end of the game was just the Cobra striking.

ROFL I heard there was still one person in America who was actually passionate enough about the NBA game to the point of overzealous hyperbole but I thought it was just a myth. Here's to you last remnant NBA guy.